• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I'm screwed with Aversa prologue ain't I? How the hell do you beat this stage with no one left behind when you're fighting mirror images? :\

This stage throws a wrench in my perfect plan toward Army of the Gods.

I don't know how many people know this, but if you don't send in the maximum amount of characters, the ones you send in get multiplied to fill the spaces around the fountain. My Chrom was a Paladin, so I sent him in with a Beast Killer and paired him up with his (relatively weak) avatar wife (Speed+5!), and he just owned all the copies of himself. The only thing to worry about was protecting Aversa.

demidar

True, though unless she's been doing some reclassing shuffle, she's basically going to have to be healing her way to level 15 for Renewal. Or getting some cheap shots with her Bronze Axe.

That's pretty much what I did.

I forgot, Lissa went Valkyire before Sage. Valkyrie is a very good class for Lissa, Wands and Tomes and high movement.

Draxal

Unless she has been gaining amazing strength, she won't be doing much damage.

I mean, she's still cool as SMASHING THINGS WITH AXES, but she won't be smashing much.

Bolt Axe is pretty much her signature weapon (she still makes a much better sage due to weak caps in the war cleric class).

y8nnvdm.jpg

Cynthia goes to Ilia in FE6??

ohlawd

so I've been trying for a while with getting sub-15 turns for Anna mode Apotheosis. This crap even possible?

Been getting low 20 turn counts. Maybe I gotta get some Sorcerers in my team and use Mire.

edit: I really need to leave this game. Everything is done, all DLC done, got my maxed out Waifu army, 99.9% optimized 2nd file, all that jazz. I figure I should waifu Lucina and Severa on a digital copy in the future (not now, fuck my backlog cuz it's so damn huge)

Sotha Sil

Restarted for the 3rd time, this time on Lunatic, and this really is the mode for me. I always ended up with invincible characters on Hard (Donny is just insane), which always killed my enjoyment. The first few chapters were hell, but it really picks up afterwards. First time I actually care about the characters' stats.

Great game, but I really miss Path of Radiance's depth at times. Playing PoR on a handheld console is a dream of mine.

Oxx

I suppose that's appropriate for a finale. The red light was flashing at the end of chapter 23 anyway, so it will have to wait.

one_kill

so I've been trying for a while with getting sub-15 turns for Anna mode Apotheosis. This crap even possible?

Been getting low 20 turn counts. Maybe I gotta get some Sorcerers in my team and use Mire.

edit: I really need to leave this game. Everything is done, all DLC done, got my maxed out Waifu army, 99.9% optimized 2nd file, all that jazz. I figure I should waifu Lucina and Severa on a digital copy in the future (not now, fuck my backlog cuz it's so damn huge)
You're a monster.

I left the game early in my third playthrough. I probably won't touch it again til next year as it has taken so much of my time already.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I'm pretty much done for now too. 368 satisfied hours. Working my way through the Ace Attorney games that I've been meaning to play for years.

ohlawd

I'm hitting close to 500 hours. I really hate this game. Gotta keep whining about my backlog.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done for now too. 368 satisfied hours. Working my way through the Ace Attorney games that I've been meaning to play for years.

Boss. AA da best. Maya da true goddess.

ffdgh

Sadly...I'm not finished. There's still lunatic and apotheosis. Probably not now but sometime in the future. And like 5 or 10 supports left.

490 hours

m0t0k1

wow 500 hours... :eek: I am clocking about 80 hours did a normal run and a hard run time to give the game a break. Just bought Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask/ and the last specter. So i will be moving on to my layton crack. Will get back here to do the spotpass run when all levels are here and for the limit break skill.

Oxx

There's still two weeks until Animal Crossing, right? I might have to get Luigi's Mansion to tide me over after I 'finish' FE.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I beat Lunatic, Lunatic+ and Apotheosis. Got all the Male MU supports and most of the other characters. Have most of the FeMu supports. I'll come back again down the line to finish everything off then start to get all the supports again on my physical copy.

Boss. AA da best. Maya da true goddess.

Really enjoying it so far. She truly is a goddess.

Sotha Sil

Yeah lunatic+ sounds intimidating lol. Thank goodness for DLC and the avatar logbook.

I'm trying not to use DLC/logbook too much but I have to admit Marth's map was a big help at the start of my Lunatic run. Relying on Frederick only takes you so far.

ffdgh

I'm trying not to use DLC/logbook too much but I have to admit Marth's map was a big help at the start of my Lunatic run. Relying on Frederick only takes you so far.

I abused the logbook glitch...err oversight and gave about 10 of my logbook units boots and max stats with all my spare stats increasing items without wasting them lol.

Sotha Sil

What's the logbook and how do you get Marth's map (or any map)?

You can add characters to your logbook, and use said characters in subsequent playthroughs. As for the DLC maps you'll find more info here. Enjoy!

I abused the logbook glitch...err oversight and gave about 10 of my logbook units boots and max stats with all my spare stats increasing items without wasting them lol.

Glad I didn't hear about this glitch, it would have been far too tempting at times!

I love you for this film reference. And I love Donny too. Him + Nowi = awesome pair.

Aw, thanks! Donny is my third-favourite character (after Gaius and Brady), but I don't think he gets the respect he deserves. Going from a hog farmer to by far the best midgame unit is no cakewalk, and yet Donny pulls it off with style.

I like naming weapons.

I name all of my weapons, even the ones I don't use. I... I have a problem.

On a different note, what're everyone's favourite crit quotes? I've always been partial to Fred's "Pick a god and pray!" Donny's "YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW," Brady's "Get busy dyin'!" and Tharja's "You are already dead" are among my favourites as well.

Oh, and who could forget Yarne's "I've got sharp, pointy teeth!"

ffdgh

Don't mess with a bunny!

Favorite kid with female Morgan.

Wait capcom has showed pearls or did they just confirm that she's in? Maya better be in darn it!

Moonlight

Banned
On a different note, what're everyone's favourite crit quotes? I've always been partial to Fred's "Pick a god and pray!" Donny's "YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW," Brady's "Get busy dyin'!" and Tharja's "You are already dead" are among my favourites as well.
You nailed two of them, Frederick and Tharja both have really killer criticals. I'm really quite partial to Anna's "I make deep cuts!" and "ready to get gouged?!" as well, generally I think her choice of words in battle are hilarious. Gregor's "you're jigging is up" is amazing, too. And of course, Cynthia's "this is the end, friend!". Between that and "too slow, bro" (and her supports, obviously), Cynthia rocketed up my favourites list pretty quickly.

Wait capcom has showed pearls or did they just confirm that she's in? Maya better be in darn it!
She was a split second cameo in the latest Nintendo Direct trailer, alongside Klavier. So hype.

Sotha Sil

"Pick a god and pray" and "How well will you die" have already been quoted, but these. I also am a fan of Chrom's "Anything can change!"'s corniness.

As for death quotes, Kellam's "They saw me?!" is strangely touching.

Aw, thanks! Donny is my third-favourite character (after Gaius and Brady), but I don't think he gets the respect he deserves. Going from a hog farmer to by far the best midgame unit is no cakewalk, and yet Donny pulls it off with style.

I name all of my weapons, even the ones I don't use. I... I have a problem.

Frederick for his manly voice

You already have it. It's in the Wireless menu, I think.
That makes sense, I've only every clicked on "Inventory", and "Support" in the menus

Brady, Yarne and Cynthia have the most tragic death quotes IMO:

“Ha... In the end... I'm just baggage... No help... to anyone...”

“And so a race... goes extinct...”

"I just wanted... to be a hero..."

Top Bottom