• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ffdgh

Hey yarn is an important asset to the army... And 2 super kids are better than one lol.

On the bright side, he doesn't have panne's prideful obnoxiousness.

Panne is still alive, though. And if you married her, there'd still be Morgan!

Yarne's too self important for his own good. Maybe taguel-kind would be better off without!

Since Morgan isn't from the same timeline as him and Panne is dead in the future, it's entirely true from his perspective. He's self-important because 15+ years of an entire race's future being entirely up to him made him paranoid and neurotic. His death quote shows how regretful he is that he failed his mother's last wish, regardless of how manu Taguel exist in the "present" timeline.

That was way too long a response to a joke ;P

ffdgh

Can't deny that. Still my favorite lady/wife minor personality issues aside.

And the world has plenty of room for the bunnies :p.

Oxx

I married my unit to Tharja early but he was definitely having an affair with Panne by the end of the game.

On a different note, what're everyone's favourite crit quotes? I've always been partial to Fred's "Pick a god and pray!" Donny's "YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW," Brady's "Get busy dyin'!" and Tharja's "You are already dead" are among my favourites as well.

Oh, and who could forget Yarne's "I've got sharp, pointy teeth!"

Rather surprised no one's mentioned Sully's "I'll kill you twice!" or Virion's "Die with magificence!" Also love Noire's maniacal laughter.

Chrom

I wish Kozaki did another Reddit AMA. Him having indirectly answered some of my questions was pretty gratifying for me.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
No, you go extinct!

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

McNum

Hmm, I'm thinking of what to do with the child units of my first game. While I know Morgan is ending up as a Manakete Tank (Aegis, Pavise, Sol, ???, Limit Breaker), she'll need a pair-up partner, who can basically be all offense and have Galeforce. And that would more than likely be Inigo, son of Virion.

So, what to do with Inigo? I don't care much about his defense, since he's not going to be upfront on the enemy phase, so he only has to worry about dealing huge damage on the Player Phase, so he can get that kill and let Morgan do the Manakete Tank thing on the Enemy Phase. So, I can see some options here... Hero for the kind of bland, but safe option, Swordmaster for a bit more bite, or being trickier: Sniper. Galeforce Sniper with Astra and a Brave Bow and a Longbow to be exact. Astra activates at Skill/2%. With a Brave Bow, he's getting at least two, maybe four shots at that on the Player Phase. He also has Armsthrift, so a forged Brave Bow can last indefinitely with Limit Breaker.

So, how does this sound?

Morgan (Manakete): Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Dual Guard+, (Limit Breaker)
Weapons: Dragonstone+
Inigo (Sniper): Armsthrift, Astra, Bowfaire, (Aggressor), (Limit Breaker)
Weapons: Brave Bow (Forged), Longbow (Forged)

The skills in italics aren't out here yet.

Also what should a forged bow emphasize for a Sniper? Damage or Crit? And can you activate skills off a Dual Strike? Just wondering if he'll follow up Morgan's attack with ten arrows.

I'm still thinking about what to do with the rest. I'd like to keep the defense/offense pairing idea going, though.

Also what should a forged bow emphasize for a Sniper? Damage or Crit? And can you activate skills off a Dual Strike? Just wondering if he'll follow up Morgan's attack with ten arrows.

I'm still thinking about what to do with the rest. I'd like to keep the defense/offense pairing idea going, though.

Either or and nope skills can't be activated off a Dual Strike.

McNum

Either or and nope skills can't be activated off a Dual Strike.

Support characters won't activate skills with a Dual Strike.
Well, good. That would be really broken if they could.

I'm thinking of forging for damage, really. 3x 0 is still 0 against high defense units. Even with a +15 damage due to Bowfaire and Aggressor. That is what those skills do, right?

Astra's damage is calculated after the Attack - Defense calculation, isn't it? So 60 attack against 40 defense would do five strikes of (60-40)/2 = 10 damage?

Well, good. That would be really broken if they could.

I'm thinking of forging for damage, really. 3x 0 is still 0 against high defense units. Even with a +15 damage due to Bowfaire and Aggressor. That is what those skills do, right?

Astra's damage is calculated after the Attack - Defense calculation, isn't it? So 60 attack against 40 defense would do five strikes of (60-40)/2 = 10 damage?

True and especially if it's the support buddy where you can't use Luna to shave off some defense points.

Yes, correct for Astra. It basically does 2.5 times the damage you would have normally done just spread over 5 hits. 5 counterable hits.

McNum

True and especially if it's the support buddy where you can't use Luna to shave off some defense points.

Yes, correct for Astra. It basically does 2.5 times the damage you would have normally done just spread over 5 hits. 5 counterable hits.
And Inigo the Sniper points and laughs at Counter. He can't even attack at that range.

I'm liking this idea quite a bit, I mean Inigo isn't going to take on Goddess Anna and one round her, but as a sword to Morgan's shield, so to speak, he'll be amazing. Plus, Sniper gives an extra bonus to Str, Def, and Skill. That's great for a Manakete with three combat skills. I think this one is pretty much locked in. It sounds fun.

Now what to do with the rest. Lucina is shaping up to be a great supporter, just not sure who to pair her with. A defensive minded Gerome, maybe? She's pretty much the only female he likes, anyway. Also need to figure out what to do with Nah after she hits Manakete 30 and goes through Dark Flier for Galeforce. Ah well, one pair at a time. Otherwise I get bogged down... And there's apparently plenty of time until Europe gets Dread Fighter and Limit Breaker, anyway.

Sotha Sil

I have noticed Noire's father/daughter support conversation slightly changes depending on who is her father (might be wrong though, changed the game's language for my second playthrough). Is it a common occurrence, or are most parent/child conversations generic? Haven't married many characters yet.

I have noticed Noire's father/daughter support conversation slightly changes depending on who is her father (might be wrong though, changed the game's language for my second playthrough). Is it a common occurrence, or are most parent/child conversations generic? Haven't married many characters yet.

They change slightly as in the father say something more akin to their personality. It still follows the same conversation though.

McNum

Nah has renewal and life taker access from nowi. Adorable little tank of death <3
Galeforce and Underdog access from Donnel, too. Yes, Underdog. Manakete only goes to 30. I do kind of want to see her as a War Cleric now. What an adorable little axe murderer she'll be. Wonder who her pair up partner should be, she's a pretty decent allrounder like that. I heard Nah and Yarne are cute together, and if he's going Bunny -> Merc-> Hero -> Berserker, he'll definitely cover the few bases she might lack.

Sotha Sil

They change slightly as in the father say something more akin to their personality. It still follows the same conversation though.

Thought so, which is a shame. Read somewhere Sumia's daughter has Chrom-specific comments though, might try this route this time. (I really don't know why I care; FE always turns me into a weird, neurotic completionist). Thanks!

ffdgh

Galeforce and Underdog access from Donnel, too. Yes, Underdog. Manakete only goes to 30. I do kind of want to see her as a War Cleric now. What an adorable little axe murderer she'll be. Wonder who her pair up partner should be, she's a pretty decent allrounder like that. I heard Nah and Yarne are cute together, and if he's going Bunny -> Merc-> Hero -> Berserker, he'll definitely cover the few bases she might lack.

Oh her father is donnel? Hello arms thrift and sol.

Wiseblade

Thought so, which is a shame. Read somewhere Sumia's daughter has Chrom-specific comments though, might try this route this time. (I really don't know why I care; FE always turns me into a weird, neurotic completionist). Thanks!

Their A-Support seems pretty chrom specific, Although it's really just one line that could easily be changed.

Draxal

Hmm, I'm thinking of what to do with the child units of my first game. While I know Morgan is ending up as a Manakete Tank (Aegis, Pavise, Sol, ???, Limit Breaker), she'll need a pair-up partner, who can basically be all offense and have Galeforce. And that would more than likely be Inigo, son of Virion.

So, what to do with Inigo? I don't care much about his defense, since he's not going to be upfront on the enemy phase, so he only has to worry about dealing huge damage on the Player Phase, so he can get that kill and let Morgan do the Manakete Tank thing on the Enemy Phase. So, I can see some options here... Hero for the kind of bland, but safe option, Swordmaster for a bit more bite, or being trickier: Sniper. Galeforce Sniper with Astra and a Brave Bow and a Longbow to be exact. Astra activates at Skill/2%. With a Brave Bow, he's getting at least two, maybe four shots at that on the Player Phase. He also has Armsthrift, so a forged Brave Bow can last indefinitely with Limit Breaker.

So, how does this sound?

Morgan (Manakete): Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Dual Guard+, (Limit Breaker)
Weapons: Dragonstone+
Inigo (Sniper): Armsthrift, Astra, Bowfaire, (Aggressor), (Limit Breaker)
Weapons: Brave Bow (Forged), Longbow (Forged)

The skills in italics aren't out here yet.

For Inigo, I would take out astra and either give him all stats + 2. A double bow is >>> a forged long bow due to the + 5 str it gives.

McNum

Oh her father is donnel? Hello arms thrift and sol.

Pretty much. Except Armsthrift isn't that good for a Manakete. They want Dragonstone+s and lots of them. Can't be forged, so why bother conserving them? Just use 'em and buy more. She has Swordbreaker from Nowi, so I'm thinking Dark Flier -> Hero -> Manakete. Galeforce, Sol, Underdog, Swordbreaker/All Stats+2/Wyrmsbane, (Limit Breaker). Good allround dragon with some options depending on map.

For Inigo, I would take out astra and either give him all stats + 2. A double bow is >>> a forged long bow due to the + 5 str it gives.
Right, I forgot about the Double Bow. I guess I'll just have to get lucky in Infinite Regalia for one of those? Why lose Astra for All Stats+2? I'm going for offensive overkill to trigger Galeforce, so wouldn't Astra work better for that? It's a 30% chance of 2.5x damage. +2 stats seems a little... weak compared to that, except maybe if the extra speed is exactly enough to double an enemy.

Funny thing I noticed that when Mirel is a Dark Knight, her map spirte looks like she's always adjusting her glasses as she's idle.

She was also fragile beyond belief as a mage.

Well, this is clearly a new favorite game. Blasted through again on normal/classic for a third file. It goes by very quickly with familiarity, skip cinemas, no grinding beyond enemy teams that naturally pop up on the map.

Married Severa this time and also on whim picked up the entertaining Hot Springs dlc. Being married to Severa really changes up the conversation in that dlc in a very agreeable fashion...heh.

Juggling between this file and continuing to build upon the previous green-haired dragon family hard/classic Tiki file. That 3-save limit is now in the way.

McNum

Oh, I stumbled across a cute easter egg in the game.

Try pairing up a couple of units, then select the unit stats on the bottom screen and hit the magnifying glass. You'll get that usual unit closeup with a portrait on the lower screen.

Now pair up a married couple and do the same. Notice the difference?
They'll be blushing in the unit portrait on the lower screen.
Aww. Cute.

Underdog is pretty useless.
Not when your level caps at 30 and everyone else is 20/20. Then it's a permanent boost of +15% hit and avoid.

Draxal

Pretty much. Except Armsthrift isn't that good for a Manakete. They want Dragonstone+s and lots of them. Can't be forged, so why bother conserving them? Just use 'em and buy more. She has Swordbreaker from Nowi, so I'm thinking Dark Flier -> Hero -> Manakete. Galeforce, Sol, Underdog, Swordbreaker/All Stats+2/Wyrmsbane, (Limit Breaker). Good allround dragon with some options depending on map.

Right, I forgot about the Double Bow. I guess I'll just have to get lucky in Infinite Regalia for one of those? Why lose Astra for All Stats+2? I'm going for offensive overkill to trigger Galeforce, so wouldn't Astra work better for that? It's a 30% chance of 2.5x damage. +2 stats seems a little... weak compared to that, except maybe if the extra speed is exactly enough to double an enemy.

The allstats+2 is for him being a pure support bot, relying on astra to kill a guy is not worth it, the trigger rate is going to be to low. Galeforce is still worth keeping, but I'd just use it only when absolutely needed (as you're making your Morgan a pure tank).

Oxx

I managed to beat some heads together in Infinite Regalia, but I guess I'm supposed to clear the whole map before killing the leader in the centre?

McNum

The allstats+2 is for him being a pure support bot, relying on astra to kill a guy is not worth it, the trigger rate is going to be to low. Galeforce is still worth keeping, but I'd just use it only when absolutely needed (as you're making your Morgan a pure tank).
Well the idea was that Morgan moves up into range, switch to Inigo who does four shots with a forged Brave Bow, each with a 70-ish% chance of Morgan following up AND a 30% chance of Astra. That boils down to a 75% chance of Astra activating. 50% if he can only double.

I'm not planning on him being a passive unit, ideally they should be tag-teaming the map. A flurry of arrows from Inigo, and a big tough dragon for the enemy to fight on their turn. But that means Inigo needs to be able to kill in one turn to get Galeforce going, otherwise he'll be left exposed to enemy attack.

ohlawd

Then go ahead and keep Astra if you want Inigo to be one half of the Galeforce tag team.

It's such a crap skill against high def/res enemies, though.

Top Bottom