• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Then go ahead and keep Astra if you want Inigo to be one half of the Galeforce tag team.

It's such a crap skill against high def/res enemies, though.
If he's not going to be able to get the kill, I'll just have him back up Morgan for that enemy. If he can, though, he'll get to. And there's no such thing as overkill. I do wish he could get a better combat skill like Luna or something, but not in this game.

So my resistance+/magic- avatar and wife Severa (via Stahl, liked the classes he granted her, plus dark green-brown hair seems just right on her) are ready to get Morgan.

Intended as a front-line unit that can be more relaxed around magic users. What should I grant her to start with, Galeforce from Severa and Swordfaire from my avatar?

Sendou

So my resistance+/magic- avatar and wife Severa (via Stahl, liked the classes he granted her, plus dark green-brown hair seems just right on her) are ready to get Morgan.

Intended as a front-line unit that can be more relaxed around magic users. What should I grant her to start with, Galeforce from Severa and Swordfaire from my avatar?

Morgan can pretty much be reclassed into any class in the game. With exception of Conquer (you need a right father) and Lord line which you can't access (and Dancer but well. That's Olivia only!). There isn't any crucial male skills IMO. You could pass down some Berserker skill if you feel like that. Swordfaire and Galeforce sound good to me. Although she can acquire both on her own so they don't bring any extra value really beyond avoiding grinding. At least that way you don't have to suffer through Pegasus Knight and Dark Flier with Morgan.

EDIT: Pass down Wrath if you want to try the ultimate kill machine Morgan:

Sorceror w/ Ruin

Limit Breaker / Astra
Vantage
Wrath
Tomefaire / Focus
Vengeance

Morgan can pretty much be reclassed into any class in the game. With exception of Conquer (you need a right father) and Lord line which you can't access (and Dancer but well. That's Olivia only!). There isn't any crucial male skills IMO. You could pass down some Berserker skill if you feel like that. Swordfaire and Galeforce sound good to me. Although she can acquire both on her own so they don't bring any extra value really beyond avoiding grinding. At least that way you don't have to suffer through Pegasus Knight and Dark Flier with Morgan.

Sorceror w/ Ruin

Limit Breaker / Astra
Vantage
Wrath
Tomefaire / Focus
Vengeance

Good idea. She'll end up with Swordfaire herself and indeed Galeforce is locked in. Wrath being level 5 also means I don't have to screw around much longer before getting her.

Oxx

Yay, collected the weapons on an Infinite Regalia run. I was impressed considering I funnelled all of my force down one side of the map due to only having one thief.

Sorceror w/ Ruin

Limit Breaker / Astra
Vantage
Wrath
Tomefaire / Focus
Vengeance

Heheh; swap Tomefaire for Armsthrift and you've got the exact skillset for my male Avatar. It really is fantastic.

I managed to beat some heads together in Infinite Regalia, but I guess I'm supposed to clear the whole map before killing the leader in the centre?

You can kill him whenever you want. I tried IR when my units were too underleveled for it, so I just aborted the chapter by killing the leader ASAP.

Yay, collected the weapons on an Infinite Regalia run. I was impressed considering I funnelled all of my force down one side of the map due to only having one thief.

You don't need to bring any units with Locktouch as long as you can beat the stage fast enough. Let the thieves on either side of the map pick the chests for you (it's impossible for them to open a chest and escape in the same turn) and the kill them and take their loot. Remember to wait until they open all three to kill all of them, though.

You don't need to bring any units with Locktouch as long as you can beat the stage fast enough. Let the thieves on either side of the map pick the chests for you (it's impossible for them to open a chest and escape in the same turn) and the kill them and take their loot. Remember to wait until they open all three to kill all of them, though.

You still have to open your doors to get to the Theives though, otherwise they'll just escape through the top

Tripon

Then go ahead and keep Astra if you want Inigo to be one half of the Galeforce tag team.

It's such a crap skill against high def/res enemies, though.

Eh, even Astra against high defense/res is worth it as a secondary skill activating, because you can still potentially crit on each astra hit.

BTW, you can crit on every active skill, including Luna.

demidar

Astra is best with high crit chance. Let's assume 50%, the average damage dealt would be 5x normal damage, at 25% 3.75x normal damage. Astra also isn't partially dependent on enemy luck being low, instead being scaled off skill.

ohlawd

Eh, even Astra against high defense/res is worth it as a secondary skill activating, because you can still potentially crit on each astra hit.

BTW, you can crit on every active skill, including Luna.
I know that.

Luna is undeniably better than Astra in Apotheosis for one. I don't think of any other DLC/endgame as a factor because they're cakewalks and you can roll a crap skillset for all I care.

But Astra is pretty good against those awful Sages/Sorcerers since their def is pretty low.

ffdgh

My infinite regalia run takes 3 turns for all the chests with boots abuse, galeforce abuse, rally movment/love abuse.
With robin, maribelle, yarne, Morgan, and a rally bot/mus killer.

I wonder is it possible to do everything in one turn...

Draxal

I know that.

Luna is undeniably better than Astra in Apotheosis for one. I don't think of any other DLC/endgame as a factor because they're cakewalks and you can roll a crap skillset for all I care.

But Astra is pretty good against those awful Sages/Sorcerers since their def is pretty low.

Luna's the best ya, it's the best for apotheosis by far.

ohlawd

Luna is so great, take that Aegis+/Pavise+!

So like errbody pretty much ignored my question last page. How many turns did it take you peeps to finish Anna mode Apotheosis? <15 turns is my goal but I don't think it's possible.

Luna is so great, take that Aegis+/Pavise+!

So like errbody pretty much ignored my question last page. How many turns did it take you peeps to finish Anna mode Apotheosis? <15 turns is my goal but I don't think it's possible.

I can't remember what my record is, but since my only strategy is blitzing with a few units until she inevitably slaughters them and then tanking with Morgan, there's no way I'm close to 15.

Oh man, I finally finished grinding for max Renown. That was definitely one of the more arduous and soulless grinds I've done.

If I was patient, I should have earned it by playing the game normally instead. Oh well, I can do that on my digital copy...

Oh man, I finally finished grinding for max Renown. That was definitely one of the more arduous and soulless grinds I've done.

If I was patient, I should have earned it by playing the game normally instead. Oh well, I can do that on my digital copy...

What's your strategy? Do you just fight the legacy teams over and over again, or is there a trick to it? Do certain teams give more renown than other? Oh, and is the Renown Emblem superficial or special?

ohlawd

What's your strategy? Do you just fight the legacy teams over and over again, or is there a trick to it? Do certain teams give more renown than other? Oh, and is the Renown Emblem superficial or special?
Recruit them, don't fight.

Get a lot of money, recruit the low level teams, rinse and repeat. Fighting 10 at a time takes forever but I only did it that way so I can support grind.

GUYS STOP FIGHTING THE BONUS TEAMS IF YOU WANT RENOWN.

/screaming

edit: it's 50 renown given no matter what, low level or high level, fight or recruit, doesn't matter. Supreme Emblem doesn't do anything but it's nice having two just to show off.

Sendou

Renown is so crazy. There's only one item you really need there and it's the second last and requires a shitload of grinding.

Busaiku

edit: it's 50 renown given no matter what, low level or high level, fight or recruit, doesn't matter. Supreme Emblem doesn't do anything but it's nice having two just to show off.

Regardless of the number of enemies?
Cause there are couple with less than 10.

I just spawned 10 weak Bonus Teams and hire them for 2000 to 5000G, then repeat the process.

The final Emblem is totally redundant as far as I know. It sells for 99,999G, but you can get around that much by playing a round of The Golden Gaffe.

Oh yeah, you also need The Golden Gaffe to efficiently fund the mass hiring, as 10K Renown costs around 600K Gold.

ohlawd

That sounds like a pain in the ass.

I just bring 2 pairs, takes me 4 turns to get all 3 chests + Mu killed.

1st pair both have Locktouch and they abuse Galeforce to open the door on their side. 3 chests looted on turns 2, 3, 4. 2nd pair kills Mu on 4th turn. I can bring a 3rd pair and have them do the right side but I find that it wastes time rather than save it.

GamerSoul

o_0 Owain ....is a trip. He really does yell out random FE titles. lol He also ended up with Lethality from Gaius. I was like whaaaaat? I will admit that I haven't really been focused on how the skills. Still kinda going with the flow.

Sendou

o_0 Owain ....is a trip. He really does yell out random FE titles. lol He also ended up with Lethality from Gaius. I was like whaaaaat? I will admit that I haven't really been focused on how the skills. Still kinda going with the flow.

Owain is the best :) Up there with Virion!

GamerSoul

Owain is the best :) Up there with Virion!

I didn't use Virion so I have been trying to get Noire :l. She seems interesting. Owain seems a bit too dramatic imo, but he's looking like a top-notch unit though. I love the uncontrollable hand twitching/thirst lol.

ohlawd

k uhh let's see.

MaMU x Ricken!Noire for a magic beast
FeMU x Vaike!Gerome for a physical beast
MaMU x Kellam!Nah for a defense beast
FeMU x Ricken!Laurent for a magic beast

I think that's right. Someone run numbers cuz I'm on my PS3 and I can't do jack.

k uhh let's see.

MaMU x Ricken!Noire for a magic beast
FeMU x Vaike!Gerome for a physical beast
MaMU x Kellam!Nah for a defense beast
FeMU x Ricken!Laurent for a magic beast

I think that's right. Someone run numbers cuz I'm on my PS3 and I can't do jack.

Male Avatar x
Aversa's
also pretty good. +8 Magic and
Shadowgift
Morgan is nothing to sneeze at.

ohlawd

I forgot all about my 3rd waifu. Shouldn't we spoiler that, though?

I ended up doing that in the end but I wasted it since I did the pairing on my Army of Waifus file and Brides can't use Tomes.

I forgot all about my 3rd waifu. Shouldn't we spoiler that, though?

I ended up doing that in the end but I wasted it since I did the pairing on my Army of Waifus file and Brides can't use Tomes.

Crap. Done and done.

She's actually a surprisingly awesome wife, and if you pair her up with Sage Morgan equipped with a forged Aversa's Night then they're virtually unstoppable.

Markun

Decided to change my avatar to the bestest son in the whole world aka. Owain.

So yeah, Avatar x Lissa for all future male Avatar runs for me because they make the best family ever.

I don't know about that lol

Well you have to admit that there's probably never a dull moment with them as a family what with Lissa and her pranking, Owain's dramatics, and Morgan's... Morganess. Also, this piece of (probably old to everyone in this thread) fanart just makes me love them even more. It's such a cute and happy family!

ouukn73.png

ohlawd

Her C and B rank supports were so good then A took a 180 degree turn for no damn reason.

But then S rank came in and she's like "hi hun here's a one-way ticket to my funbags."

Decided to change my avatar to the bestest son in the whole world aka. Owain.

Well you have to admit that there's probably never a dull moment with them as a family what with Lissa and her pranking, Owain's dramatics, and Morgan's... Morganess. Also, this piece of (probably old to everyone in this thread) fanart just makes me love them even more. It's such a cute and happy family!

ouukn73.png

I love this fanart.

Jintor

ouukn73.png

So good ;__;

Fuck I should have gotten him galeforce. Goddamnit

Is Axebreaker worthless at higher levels?

Also what is the most valuable items to buy from the spotpass teams?

Mire from Gharnef (Shadow Dragon) and Celica's Gale from Celica (Gaiden) are absolutely essential for Sorcerers and Sages respectively. You can also pick up Bolt Axes, Tomahawks and Miciah's Pyre, but I'm not sure exactly who sells them and they're not quite as good.

ohlawd

Is Axebreaker worthless at higher levels?

Also what is the most valuable items to buy from the spotpass teams?
Yes, -breaker skills stop mattering at some point during the endgame. You'll probably still see 100% hit rates even if the -50% has already taken effect.

As the person in this thread who lives and dies for Celica's Gale, that. That and only that.

Draxal

Yes, -breaker skills stop mattering at some point during the endgame. You'll probably still see 100% hit rates even if the -50% has already taken effect.

As the person in this thread who lives and dies for Celica's Gale, that. That and only that.

Tomahawks/Spears are also very useful if you don't want to use up the charges on Helswath/Gradivus.

The damage is so low though!

Forge it and with the sage's insane magic caps it doesn't matter.

ohlawd

The damage is so low though!

Getting quads with forged Celica's Gales is no joke.

Tomahawks/Spears are also very useful if you don't want to use up the charges on Helswath/Gradivus.

I'm the dude that literally has a team full of magic users. Other weapon types are totally irrelevant to me :p

but yeah sure, Ashnard (PoR), Travant and Petrine (both from Other) sell T-Hawks and Spears.

Top Bottom