• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

I'm the dude that literally has a team full of magic users. Other weapon types are totally irrelevant to me :p

I pretty much went default classes for my playthrough (.ie all the kids had the same exact final as their future of despair counterparts) so I ended up gimping myself. This game has so many phsyical units compared to magic units; and magic is just so much better in this game. Wish they had more default magic users.

I pretty much went default classes for my playthrough (.ie all the kids had the same exact final as their future of despair counterparts) so I ended up gimping myself. This game has so many phsyical units compared to magic units; and magic is just so much better in this game. Wish they had more default magic users.

I wonder what other kind of magic user they could have.

Well I guess expect the obvious Bishops.

Jawmuncher

Just beat soul hackers so I'm finally jumping back into FE. Hopefully It won't be to bad where I left off. Gotta say I live casual mode though.

Draxal

I wonder what other kind of magic user they could have.

Well I guess expect the obvious Bishops.

Well I meant characters, 1 cleric, 2 dark mage, 1 trouadour, 1 war monk, 2 mages with one wild card in the parent generation compared to alot of str based characters.

FSLink

Banned
Male Avatar x
Aversa's
also pretty good. +8 Magic and
Shadowgift
Morgan is nothing to sneeze at.

This is what I'm leaning towards because although it's probably not the most optimal, Forged Celicia's Gale + Nosferatu just sounds hilarious.
I went with Lissa too for my first playthrough because having Owain in the family is just too good to pass up.

This is what I'm leaning towards because although it's probably not the most optimal, Forged Celicia's Gale + Nosferatu just sounds hilarious.
I went with Lissa too for my first playthrough because having Owain in the family is just too good to pass up.

If you forge an Aversa's Night, you get a 20 might, 90 accuracy spell that siphons HP from the opponent and can't be broken when combined with Armsthrift. Slap that on a Limit-Broken Sage with Vantage and Miracle, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato and baby; you've got a stew going. A hilarious, horrifyingly overpowered stew.

Owain is a funny one. I'm partial though to Brady as a son partly because my first run was on whim with Maribelle, and that worked out as a nice family unit. Just going with the flow at least on a first game yields nice surprises...I didn't even know there would be two avatar kids in this case.

I'm completely serious in saying that my favourite reveal of the game was when Brady's scar turned out to be caused by
a violin string that snapped while he was tuning it.
Dang, son; that is a classy scar.

FSLink

Banned
If you forge an Aversa's Night, you get a 20 might, 90 accuracy spell that siphons HP from the opponent and can't be broken when combined with Armsthrift. Slap that on a Limit-Broken Sage with Vantage and Miracle, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato and baby; you've got a stew going. A hilarious, horrifyingly overpowered stew.

I'm leaning towards Shadowgift/Limit Break/Vengence/Armsthrift/Vantage or Miracle or Tomefaire for Morgan in that case.

I'm leaning towards Shadowgift/Limit Break/Vengence/Armsthrift/Vantage or Miracle or Tomefaire for Morgan in that case.

You won't need Vengeance when you're healing with every hit.

Plus forged Aversa's Night + Miracle + Vantage means that with enough luck, you can't die.

Gvaz

Banned
The problem about forging is if you want to replace the forged item uses, you have to have another item forged exactly the same way, from what I can tell.

ohlawd

Nothing wrong with using Vengeance and Vantage with a Nosferatu/Aversa's Night. The idea is to let the enemy wreck your face during their phase and then retaliate with a stronger Vengeance hit and heal up at the same time. Repeat for X number of enemies. Vantage is there for reassurance.

I only use two Sorcerer/Shadow Gift Sage sets and they're general purpose.

Tanking with Pavise/Aegis/Armsthrift/Sol/Limit Breaker
Replace Sol for Luna in Apotheosis.

and offensive with Galeforce/Vantage/Vengeance/Armsthrift/Limit Breaker

Some people like the crithax with Wrath mixed in the sets.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Doesn't matter if you have 50 luck. You can use an item with 1 use forever. Unless having that 1 bothers your OCD or something.

ohlawd

Katarina's Bolt has a base 30 crit rate, doesn't it? It's the go to crithax weapon for non-dark magic users then.

not enough units have armsthrift

also that doesn't really fix the problem

Then give multiples of the same forged weapon to a unit.

Jawmuncher

Mission 11 I think (the one in the rain)
Gotta say I loved it. That and the one after are so epic along with the feels that accompany the dialog and music. Well done.

Draxal

Depends, high crit can be an advantage over multiple attacks.

With every hit in this game you can trigger a dual strike attack, and in end game you're dual attack rate should be around 90ish ... you want to smooth out the rng curve in fire emblem, and multiple attacks is how you do so.

ohlawd

With every hit in this game you can trigger a dual strike attack, and in end game you're dual attack rate should be around 90ish ... you want to smooth out the rng curve in fire emblem, and multiple attacks is how you do so.

I survived with 80~ dual attack procs. Never did let my kids marry one another.

So I wish Chrom wasn't forced into the DLC maps otherwise the Summer and Hot-Springs Scramble maps could be decent for support grinding or any of the 3rd map of the DLC map series.

That and not always having to go through a bunch of menus and skipping dialogue for them.

I guess back to risen grinding. :/

Gvaz

Banned
I wish Mire could be forged for more uses. All the users of mire do not have access to armsthrift at all.

Even all my mage classes don't have access to armsthrift, and it's not exactly something I passed down to children on my first playthrough.

Oxx

FE is pretty good about at least creating the illusion of danger during battle, but when you glance at the stats and see the enemy has nothing but zeroes for attack/hit/crit chance, you know you overlevelled.

Still, all my fault. Endgame has arrived and those orange side stories have unlocked. Getting close to the end.

Dresden

I started this Lunatic run thinking that this time, I wouldn't overlevel just one or two characters and steamroll the game...

...but instead of my avatar being overpowered, now it's Lissa. Turned her to peg.knight, and got some incredible level-ups. Now she's a dark flier and she just rips everyone apart.

Doing the paralogue with
Emmeryn
and she's such a liability with all those Dark Fliers around. Am I supposed to make a wall around her or something?

Doing the paralogue with
Emmeryn
and she's such a liability with all those Dark Fliers around. Am I supposed to make a wall around her or something?
Rescue staff her and then leave a unit or two to protect her. She shouldn't move.

Send everyone else ahead like normal.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Doing the paralogue with
Emmeryn
You can Rescue Staff followed by an all-out charge with your other units.

Edit: beaten like a wimpy Donnel

Markun

*Finally decides to buckle down and start S ranking couples*

*Starts with Tharja x Gaius*

Noire with orange hair looks a bit weird. I think I'm too used to the official art hair color. She also seems a bit too meek to be Tharja's dau-

*Reaches second turn*

Whoops, never mind. She's definitely Tharja's daughter. Also, I love dat cackle she does when she activates a skill. Vengeance is staying on her forever and ever. I really like her though. Hopefully the other kids will be as cool as the first five I've met.

Fair enough. She goes down in one attack and with all those flying units around I thought I might have to adopt a more defensive strategy.

The map is huge

Gustav

Banned
I have a very weird bug or something. Looks like nobody in the game has feet. They're either constantly clipping through the floor or are not displayed, I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem?

Guys, for reals. The no feet thing is grossing me out in some weird way? I'm not big on the series, though. Maybe they are goatmen or something, but why? It's even worse when they're riding on seemingly normal horses.

I have a very weird bug or something. Looks like nobody in the game has feet. They're either constantly clipping through the floor or are not displayed, I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, Nintendo said they're not patching it.

Hahaha they've never had feet

Getting tired of people defending the anti-consumer practices of giant corporations. People like you disgust me

Sotha Sil

I started this Lunatic run thinking that this time, I wouldn't overlevel just one or two characters and steamroll the game...

...but instead of my avatar being overpowered, now it's Lissa. Turned her to peg.knight, and got some incredible level-ups. Now she's a dark flier and she just rips everyone apart.

Never let Lisa be the babysitter.

This is exactly what I'm doing, by the way. Promised myself I wouldn't let one or two characters do the heavy lifting on Lunatic, but it's already happening.

Shahadan

Can't remember the last time I hoped someone was serious on gaf. Thank you!

Top Bottom