• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So i think i made an error with Olivia, after getting to level 30 I reclassed her to the same class, dancer, because i didnt want to lose her special move. I have the same future problem with palne and nowi, and what about donnel, it good i lose the villager class. Or i dont know, maybe its good? Im still pretty unsure when it comes to reclass things to get stronger levels an habiltities. is there like an easy chart to explain the best way to reclass unita to get the better habilities?

demidar

So i think i made an error with Olivia, after getting to level 30 I reclassed her to the same class, dancer, because i didnt want to lose her special move. I have the same future problem with palne and nowi, and what about donnel, it good i lose the villager class. Or i dont know, maybe its good? Im still pretty unsure when it comes to reclass things to get stronger levels an habiltities. is there like an easy chart to explain the best way to reclass unita to get the better habilities?

If you really want to plan out your Skills, this should help.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Donnel's base class Villager should be taken up to either 15 for Underdog, or 30 to get as many easy stat points as possible. However, do note that Villager has low stat caps (you'll know you hit the cap if the number turns green) and you won't get any more stat ups until you change classes to one where the cap isn't hit.

Promoted classes get boosts in stats and stat caps, and you can promote as soon as you hit level 10 in your class (30 for special classes like Manakete, Villager, Taguel and Dancer).

Sendou

Dance is dancer exclusive so if you want to have a unit that can dance in your team then your only option is to have Olivia stay as dancer. Using Second Seal on her allows you to reach skill caps for dancer which is useful for survival and maybe even make her a little better sword user. Her Dance related skills are of course useless outside of Dancer.

You don't lose any reclassing options when you reclass. So you can reclass Donnel into something and then later back to Villager. You even get to keep his Underdog (Villager exclusive skill) which can be useful for some classes. Other skills are there for you to choose from forever too when reclassing. Or in other words once you get a skill it's there for you to choose from forever.

Feel free to experiment with skills and reclassing. The worst that happens is leveling becoming slower.

Here's a list of all the skills.

Thanks a bunch guys, that helped me greatly! So one more question, can I change class for Nowi for example, get to level 20 and then go back to the class with the dragon form? Its there some type of cap to the max class changes you can do?

Sendou

Thanks a bunch guys, that helped me greatly! So one more question, can I change class for Nowi for example, get to level 20 and then go back to the class with the dragon form? Its there some type of cap to the max class changes you can do?

You can do as many class changes as you want. Manakete, Dread Fighter, Villager and Taguel are all special classes where you can't promote and the max level is 30. They're considered base classes so you can reclass into them any moment after you hit lvl 10 on a base class. To promoted classes you can reclass when you hit lvl 20 in another promoted class.

Or in other words.

I wish Mire could be forged for more uses. All the users of mire do not have access to armsthrift at all.

Even all my mage classes don't have access to armsthrift, and it's not exactly something I passed down to children on my first playthrough.

Cordelia, Severa and Morgan have access to the Armsthrift + Mire combo, and are actually quite deadly when used properly.

Just remember that Mire has a minimum distance of 3, so you'll need to keep far away from your enemies unless you want to get caught with your metaphorical pants down.

Gambit

Ok, this thread is slightly overwhelming at the moment, so I have to ask directly instead of cross-reading:

I just started the game last night. What do I have to know about pairing characters up?

Does it, for example, make sense to pair up similar classes like Sully and Frederik? Or should I make cross-breeds? (Which seems more reasonable)

My avatar is male, luck-flawed, magically-gifted.

demidar

Ok, this thread is slightly overwhelming at the moment, so I have to ask directly instead of cross-reading:

I just started the game last night. What do I have to know about pairing characters up?

Does it, for example, make sense to pair up similar classes like Sully and Frederik? Or should I make cross-breeds? (Which seems more reasonable)

Do you mean the Pair Up mechanic or marriage?

GamerSoul

Just unlocked Noire's map. I think it's the toughest one I've played yet. I've already reset a couple times because I knew my strategy was not going to hold up.

Shahadan

Paring up gives a boost to some stats to both charcaters, so you might want to pair accordingly. You can give more defense to your healer that way of more speed to your heavy characters.

demidar

To follow up, pairing up gives a chance to let your partner strike in combat and to nullify all damage dealt (chance in on the combat forecast). However these dual techniques don't have to be from a pair, just units side by side on the map. The higher affinity the paired character the better the chance.

Fair enough. She goes down in one attack and with all those flying units around I thought I might have to adopt a more defensive strategy.

The map is huge

That's pretty much what I normally do for that map.

Rescue staff her and then camp out at the starting point and let all the enemies come at me.

I just bought this game and not ready to start yet.

Any tips? I haven't ever played a FE game before.

Normal/Casual, just have fun with it, then, as you progress, a lot of the stuff in this thread will slowly make sense to you. Use that knowledge in your 2nd/3rd playthroughs.

The 1st time, play the game just to enjoy it. The other times, play the game to break it or make it way more challenging on you.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Normal/Casual, just have fun with it, then, as you progress, a lot of the stuff in this thread will slowly make sense to you. Use that knowledge in your 2nd/3rd playthroughs.

The 1st time, play the game just to enjoy it. The other times, play the game to break it or make it way more challenging on you.

That's how I started out. Though I gotta wonder, if Lissa dies on classic in the prologue, does that affect cutscenes? Given that she was in the FMV for when the Risen attacked?

That's how I started out. Though I gotta wonder, if Lissa dies on classic in the prologue, does that affect cutscenes? Given that she was in the FMV for when the Risen attacked?

Story important character that dies when they need to appear a scene will become "Too injured" to participate further in the campaign.

Dancer class max stats overall = 240? =(, what should I make Olivia as best class? Even though I'm a bit obsessive to keep everyone to look near like their portrait classes lol

Oxx

Thanks. Do I recall reading something about there being no postgame save to allow for playing bonus/dlc maps as they get rolled-out?

Thanks. Do I recall reading something about there being no postgame save to allow for playing bonus/dlc maps as they get rolled-out?

All the bonus/post-game stuff gets unlocked when you beat the chapter before the Endgame.

What happens is that after beating the Endgame chapter, seeing the credits and all that, you'll be back to the point right before starting the Endgame, so nothing that happens in the Endgame chapter gets saved.

demidar

This might've been in other Fire Emblems, but if you hold down L before a fight starts it will resolve on the tactical map instead, showing what happens by making the sprites bump into each other.

katkombat

Banned
This might've been in other Fire Emblems, but if you hold down L before a fight starts it will resolve on the tactical map instead, showing what happens by making the sprites bump into each other.

ah, neat! it also does this if you skip enemy attack animations as well i think.

Oxx

All the bonus/post-game stuff gets unlocked when you beat the chapter before the Endgame.

What happens is that after beating the Endgame chapter, seeing the credits and all that, you'll be back to the point right before starting the Endgame, so nothing that happens in the Endgame chapter gets saved.

Neat. I just had fun doing the side-quests 18-20 that popped after the penultimate chapter so I felt compelled to check on what else is left to show-up in the bonus box. Seems like a few more to go.

C.T.

Nowi loses the dragon stone bonuses but she is awesome as a mage as well and get nice stat boots and new skills. You can change her back to manakete after you've got all the skills you want.

Jintor

tumblr_mns98g4pRq1qecu1oo3_500.jpg

My signalling is confused

K' Dash

I think I need help, I have been smashing everything in this game for a while now but I'm having some serious problems with Paralogue 15, the difficulty spike is ridiculous unless I have to tackle this MUCH later, these fucking archers kicked my ass like nothing I have ever seen until now.

I'm I doing something TERRIBLY wrong?

I think I need help, I have been smashing everything in this game for a while now but I'm having some serious problems with Paralogue 15, the difficulty spike is ridiculous unless I have to tackle this MUCH later, these fucking archers kicked my ass like nothing I have ever seen until now.

I'm I doing something TERRIBLY wrong?

Some of the children's paralogue are much tougher than the others.

Though if the problem is that Noire isn't surviving till you reach her, Rescue Staff solves all your problems.

ohlawd

That's rather creepy...

Only if you want to be.

I'd throw Nowi's Dragonstone into a lake and she'll be like "aww ohlawd I can't swim! How can I get my stone back?" and I be like "ayyyy home gurl I got you covered I'll teach you how to swim ;)" and she's like "aww ohlawd you're so dreamy"

then Nah was conceived.

K' Dash

Some of the children's paralogue are much tougher than the others.

Though if the problem is that Noire isn't surviving till you reach her, Rescue Staff solves all your problems.

The problem is that I'm not surviving, these bastards make too much damage, even if my Avatar or Chrom are very strong the fuckers attack all at once one of them making me loose the battle, I mean, they are very capable, but this map just feels cheap...

Top Bottom