• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Yo, so I'm up to chapter 21 now and wondering what my best option is.

I want to go recruit all the kids but I've been wanting to get my units to level 15 for skills first. Thing is I feel like I'm nearing the end, and I'd like to actually use the kids. So should I not worry about skills and just go get them now, or should I grind everyone up to 15 in the exp dlc (would that make the main game too easy?), or should I just keep playing with my gen 1 units?

For reference pretty almost everyone is around level 8 or so in a promoted class. Robin maxed Grandmaster and is now a level 2 Dark Knight, and Chrom and Lon'qu are both level 14.

Playing hard/classic.

RiggyRob

Yo, so I'm up to chapter 21 now and wondering what my best option is.

I want to go recruit all the kids but I've been wanting to get my units to level 15 for skills first. Thing is I feel like I'm nearing the end, and I'd like to actually use the kids. So should I not worry about skills and just go get them now, or should I grind everyone up to 15 in the exp dlc (would that make the main game too easy?), or should I just keep playing with my gen 1 units?

For reference pretty almost everyone is around level 8 or so in a promoted class. Robin maxed Grandmaster and is now a level 2 Dark Knight, and Chrom and Lon'qu are both level 14.

Playing hard/classic.

I'd say get the kids when you want to, you can use them for the Spotpass chapters or any DLC you have. As far as I'm aware you don't have to have optimal/broken skills on the children for Hard mode, it's just nice to. If you're using EXPonential Growth to grind the parents to level 15 for their skill, and then just use the kids instead of them, it shouldn't make the main game any easier.

Dizzy-4U

Currently on Chapter 6 on Lunatic. I started messing around with the pairings reading some guides and stuff.

Anything I should reconsider?

Chrom x Robin (F)
Donnel x Sully
Gaius x Tharja
Frederick x Sumia
Libra x Maribelle
Gregor x Miriel
Herny x Olivia
Vaike x Nowi
Ricken x Lissa
Sthal x Cordelia
Kellam x Panne
Lon'qu x Cherche

Virion left out in the cold.

I'm having second thoughts about Robin. Maybe let Sumia have Chrom and leave Robin for someone else.

Fiktion

Banned
Is there any easy way to get low level, weak characters experience? I'm on Chapter 13 and it's really hard to get some of these guys kills without leaving them open for a beating.

Currently on Chapter 6 on Lunatic. I started messing around with the pairings reading some guides and stuff.

Anything I should reconsider?

Chrom x Robin (F)
Donnel x Sully
Gaius x Tharja
Frederick x Sumia
Libra x Maribelle
Gregor x Miriel
Herny x Olivia
Vaike x Nowi
Ricken x Lissa
Sthal x Cordelia
Kellam x Panne
Lon'qu x Cherche

Virion left out in the cold.

I'm having second thoughts about Robin. Maybe let Sumia have Chrom and leave Robin for someone else.
For my Lunatic run I'm planning to pair M!Robin with Nowi. Not only can Robin pass Ignis and the Pegasus Knight set to Nah, but Morgan will inherit Manakete from Nowi.

And on that note, does anyone know which stats I should choose for Robin to maximize my Nah?

Dunbar

Is there a guide anywhere that can give you tips and tricks before you play the various maps? I've now done 5 chapters and 2 paralogues and every fight ends with my party losing 3-4 guys and being absolutely slaughtered. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a guide anywhere that can give you tips and tricks before you play the various maps? I've now done 5 chapters and 2 paralogues and every fight ends with my party losing 3-4 guys and being absolutely slaughtered. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.
The fundamentals should be knowing the weapon triangle. Press X to see the reach of the enemies and end your units before the threshold if you yourself are unable to get to them.

What difficult mode are you playing on? Normal or Hard?

The key thing, I find, is to make use of positioning and to play aggressively or defensively according to the situation.

Like, select an enemy to see how far they can move/attack or press X/Danger to show the enemy's range of attack.

Try not to leave your units open to attack, unless they can take the hits. You can use the terrain (like walls) or use your own units to form walls to protect weaker units.

You can use a strong unit (like Frederick, unarmed if possible) to bait in enemies in small groups, so they're more manageable.

Also, are you pairing up (two units combining into one)?

Dunbar

I'm playing on Normal/Casual since this is the first real SRPG I've played. I do get the weapon triangle and I make every effort to maximize use of that.

I've had decent luck bunching my guys up and trying to create choke points using the terrain so enemies have to attack in small groups and I can swap my guys around to take turns cutting the enemy down (and to build support among pairs). I usually stand my ground to protect the weaker party members and surround them with the stronger characters. But the last Paralogue map I played had an Ally character start out halfway across the map surrounded by 6-8 characters with ranged attacks and she was dead before I could even begin to get to her. The ranged enemies were also able to pound away at my party from across rivers and chasms so I couldn't even attack them in return.

I don't really use the Pair Up stuff because I don't understand how it works. And I'm starting to run into a problem where my guys' weapons are breaking but the weapons I'm finding are too high level for them to use as replacements because no one really has level B or A weapon proficiency yet.

I don't really use the Pair Up stuff because I don't understand how it works. And I'm starting to run into a problem where my guys' weapons are breaking but the weapons I'm finding are too high level for them to use as replacements because no one really has level B or A weapon proficiency yet.

That sounds good so far; the Paralogue you mentioned is probably a bit tougher than what you're used to.

About Pair Up, it's usually beneficial so I would recommend trying to get to grips with it ASAP.

How it works is that one unit is temporarily assimilated into another and only one of the two units actively fights. However the unit that does fight gains significant stat boosts (the main reason you want to do this) and you can still take advantage of the Dual Strike and Dual Guard systems (which admittedly aren't well explained in the game, so I'll explain later if needed).

The only disadvantage, obviously, is that you lose one unit per pair, reducing your numbers. But on Normal, you can usually afford to have everyone paired and not worry about your smaller numbers.

For weapons, if you check the bottom-left of a character's stat screen, it'll show you your character's weapon proficiencies. They need a letter rank equal to or higher than the weapon to wield it. You can build up proficiency by repeatedly using weapons or using the rare Arms Scroll item.

Anyway, to solve your weapon supply problem, you can revisit locations on the world map that you cleared in the campaign and restock weapons from there. This will require gold though, which you can acquire by selling Bullions or other useless items.

CassSept

Once you start getting pairing up and get over the beginning it should get easier. I struggled a lot too at the beginning and first paralogue is far harder than the campaign stuff, but after chapter 5-6 the gam gets a lot easier.

Fiktion

Banned
So I've got my Owain with inherited Galeforce/Counter. I'm planning to make him a Dread Fighter.

Should I level him as something else first to maximize his stats or is that unnecessary?

I'm on Hard/Classic and planning to do Future Past and maybe even Apotheosis.

ohlawd

if you're keeping him as a Dread Fighter then just keep leveling him up until his strength, magic, etc are maxed out

I'm a magic advocate so my units are only Dark Fliers, Sorcerers and Sages

Fiktion

Banned
if you're keeping him as a Dread Fighter then just keep leveling him up until his strength, magic, etc are maxed out

I'm a magic advocate so my units are only Dark Fliers, Sorcerers and Sages

I was just worried that there wouldn't be enough levels to hit the stat caps.

I ended up deciding to take him to Swordmaster for Swordfaire before switching, but with Inigo I'll just level him as Dread Fighter.

Fiktion

Banned
you can reclass back to the same class after max level.

so at lvl 30, you can reclass into Dread Fighter again.

Thanks.

So far I've recruited Owain, Inigo, Kjelle, and Severa with full eugenics and I haven't even touched Chapter 14 yet. I'm trying to get all the children before proceeding with the main story, but some of the maps look really tough. I've been leaning heavily on my Lifetaker Nowi, who can basically solo everything.

Thanks.

So far I've recruited Owain, Inigo, Kjelle, and Severa with full eugenics and I haven't even touched Chapter 14 yet. I'm trying to get all the children before proceeding with the main story, but some of the maps look really tough. I've been leaning heavily on my Lifetaker Nowi, who can basically solo everything.
If you do all the children's sidequests before continuing the main quest, the rest of the game will be a cakewalk, if you don't mind that.

Fiktion

Banned
If you do all the children's sidequests before continuing the main quest, the rest of the game will be a cakewalk, if you don't mind that.

I decided I don't care. I'm going to do a Lunatic run next anyway.

If my characters get too ridiculous I'll just do Apotheosis.

Random question, someone told me earlier that I need to have all the women married to unlock a special scene later. I noticed that with a male Robin, I end up with 6 female children and 5 males due to female Morgan. I solved this problem by marrying Lucina myself, but what happens if you choose someone else? Is there always one woman unattached?

Dizzy-4U

Damn, Anna is giving me so much trouble in Paralogue 2. If I don't get to her in 3 turns, she's dead. If I get to her and heal her, my healer is dead.

I think my only option is to level up Cordelia so I can have two pegasus and get there with enough people.

Javier

Random question, someone told me earlier that I need to have all the women married to unlock a special scene later. I noticed that with a male Robin, I end up with 6 female children and 5 males due to female Morgan. I solved this problem by marrying Lucina myself, but what happens if you choose someone else? Is there always one woman unattached?
If Robin marries a 1st gen character, there will always be a 2nd gen character of the opposite gender left unmarried. If Robin marries a 2nd gen character, then the rest of the 2nd gen characters can all get married since Morgan evens it out.

Fiktion

Banned
If Robin marries a 1st gen character, there will always be a 2nd gen character of the opposite gender left unmarried. If Robin marries a 2nd gen character, then the rest of the 2nd gen characters can all get married since Morgan evens it out.

So to clarify, in the first scenario you do not get the bonus scene for marrying all the females off?

Damn, Anna is giving me so much trouble in Paralogue 2. If I don't get to her in 3 turns, she's dead. If I get to her and heal her, my healer is dead.

I think my only option is to level up Cordelia so I can have two pegasus and get there with enough people.
I did it with Sumia paired with Gaius. Send Panne or a mounted unit across the bridge to intercept the enemies going north, they'll attack you instead of swarming Anna. Sometimes Anna will last 4 turns, you're often at the mercy of the RNG.

Shengar

She survive for four turns in my playthrough because of she evade fighters attacks 4 times in a row.

Javier

So to clarify, in the first scenario you do not get the bonus scene for marrying all the females off?
You only need to pair the 1st gen females to ensure you get everything, and that's mainly so you can unlock all the Paralogues and recruit all the children.

There's no bonus scene for pairing all the females.

Soma

Soooo I dunno if anyone here would be interested but I posted a few alternate box art covers for Awakening in the Custom Cover Art thread in case anyone wanted to use them. :)

Previews:

iUBEMNnm6Yq28.png

ibz8sZRpmiDf1p.jpg

McNum

So I figured out how to get the spot pass levels to appear, but there are no paths leading to them and I'm on chapter 23. Any suggestions?
Keep playing. The paths will appear when you unlock the final level. They're meant for endgame capable characters, anyway, and a couple of them for characters far more powerful than that.

Fiktion

Banned
I'm going to marry Robin with Nowi for my Lunatic run to create some crazy Manakete offspring. Which stats should I pick for Robin? I was thinking +Speed since that's usually a weakness of Nah, and -Luck since I don't really care about crits. Is that a good idea or should I try to maximize defense instead?

Anteo

I'm going to marry Robin with Nowi for my Lunatic run to create some crazy Manakete offspring. Which stats should I pick for Robin? I was thinking +Speed since that's usually a weakness of Nah, and -Luck since I don't really care about crits. Is that a good idea or should I try to maximize defense instead?

If you really want a crazy powerful Manakete, get a powerful Nah and marry her

Shengar

Can Gaius marry Nowi? That would give you a solid Nah and set up a monstrous Manakete Morgan.

Yes he can. All main female unit can marry any main male unit, Sumia and Chrom is exception to this since they have limited option. Kinda obvious for Chrome, still unexplainable for Sumia.

Akiller

This game is a fucking drug, i'm on my first run ever (classic normal mode) and i spent 115 hours on it. Now i've just completed chapter 21.

Since it's my first run and my first FE i've fucked up all the best pairings and class paths.

Please guys, can you post me a reclass path guide for each character?

Thank you :)

*Does Owain's pose*

Fiktion

Banned
This game is a fucking drug, i'm on my first run ever (classic normal mode) and i spent 115 hours on it. Now i've just completed chapter 21.

Since it's my first run and my first FE i've fucked up all the best pairings and class paths.

*Does Owain's pose*

I've spent almost exactly 90 hours on my first run and I just managed to clear Paralogue 23 (the last one) and recruit
Priam
. Now I just need to beat the game and then I'm going to tackle The Future Past before doing my Lunatic run.

As for reclassing, there are a lot of different ways to do it. I planned out everything for my first Hard mode run and got a pretty decent team, but after doing more research I drew up completely different plans for my Lunatic run. If you want, I'll share them here. I only really focus on the second generation units, since they're stronger, and just use the parents to get the desired inheritances.

Remember I drew this up myself and there is no one correct way to do it. I'll toss in some notes right now to explain my thinking.

Lucina [Sumia] (Frontline)
- Lord (10) - Pegasus Knight (20) ^ Dark Flier (15) - Paladin (15) - Great Lord
• Pavise (Inherited)
• Aether (Inherited)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
• Aegis (Paladin)
• Rightful King (Great Lord)
Note: Rightful King will make Lucina a defensive juggernaut with Pavise and Aegis, plus Aether for offense, Galeforce for utility.

Severa [Stahl] (Tank)
- Mercenary (10) - Myrmidon (20) ^ Swordmaster (15) - Sorcerer (10) - Hero
• Galeforce (Inherited)
• Luna (Inherited)
• Vantage (Myrmidon)
• Swordfaire (Swordmaster)
• Vengeance (Sorcerer)
Note: This version of Severa will be unkillable with Vantage and Vengeance.

Owain [Ricken] (Partner)
- Myrmidon (10) - Dread Fighter (30) - Great Knight (15) - Sage
• Galeforce (Inherited)
• Defender (Inherited) / Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
• Dual Guard+ (Great Knight)
• Luna (Great Knight)
• Tomefaire (Sage)
Note: A beastly offensive spellcaster. Kill a unit, trigger Galeforce, switch out to a tank or frontliner.

Cynthia [Chrom] (Tank/Support)
- Pegasus Knight (20) ^ Dark Flier (15) - Great Knight (15) - Paladin
• Pavise (Inherited)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
• Luna (Great Knight)
• Dual Guard+ (Great Knight) / Aether (Inherited)
• Aegis (Paladin)
Note: She can't get the Great Lord class and Rightful King, but as a Paladin she won't need them.

Morgan [Nowi] (Frontline)
- Tactician (10) - Pegasus Knight (20) ^ Dark Flier (15) - War Cleric (15) - Grandmaster (5) - Manakete
• Swordbreaker (Inherited) / Lifetaker (Inherited)
• Pavise (Inherited) / Counter (Inherited)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
• Renewal (War Cleric) / Aegis (Great Knight)
• Ignis (Grandmaster)
Note: One of the planned Dragon Twins. I'm still debating which skills I want of those listed here, but any of them should make her an overpowered Manakete.

Nah [Robin] (Frontline)
- Manakete (10) - Pegasus Knight (20) ^ Dark Flier (15) - War Cleric (15) - Grandmaster (5) - Manakete
• Swordbreaker (Inherited) / Lifetaker (Inherited)
• Pavise (Inherited) / Counter (Inherited)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
• Renewal (War Cleric) / Aegis (Great Knight)
• Ignis (Grandmaster)
Note: The other Dragon Twin.

Laurent [Gregor] (Tank)
- Mage (10) - Mercenary (20) ^ Hero (5) - Dark Mage (20) - Sorcerer
• Tomefaire (Inherited)
• Vantage (Inherited)
• Armsthrift (Mercenary)
• Sol (Hero)
• Anathema (Dark Mage) / Tomebreaker (Sorcerer)
Note: This Vantage/Sol Sorcerer tank should be unkillable.

Noire [Gaius] (Support)
- Archer (10) - Pegasus Knight (20) ^ Dark Flier (15) - Dark Knight (15) - Sniper
• Luna (Inherited)
• Counter (Inherited)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
• Lifetaker (Dark Knight)
• Bowfaire (Sniper)
Note: Death from afar.

Brady [Lon'qu] (Partner)
- Priest (10) - Dread Fighter (30) - Great Knight (15) - Sage
• Galeforce (Inherited)
• Astra (Inherited) / Dual Guard+ (Great Knight)
• Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
• Luna (Great Knight)
• Tomefaire (Sage)
Note: Like Owain, this offensive oriented Sage supports a partner with Dual Guard+ and Galeforce.

Inigo [Virion] (Support)
- Mercenary (10) - Dread Fighter (30) - Swordmaster
• Galeforce (Inherited)
• Lifetaker (Inherited)
• Armsthrift (Base)
• Astra (Swordmaster)
Note: Offensive oriented Galeforce melee killer.

Kjelle [Donnel] (Support)
- Knight (10) - Myrmidon (20) ^ Swordmaster (15) - Dark Flier (15) - Great Knight (15) - Assassin
• Aptitude (Inherited) - Astra (Swordmaster)
• Pavise (Inherited) / Swordfaire (Swordmaster)
• Luna (Great Knight)
• Dual Guard+ (Great Knight)
• Galeforce (Dark Flier)
Note: Offensive oriented Galeforce melee killer.

Gerome [Frederick] (Tank)
- Wyvern Rider (10) - Cavalier (20) - Great Knight (15) - General (15) - Wyvern Lord
• Aegis (Inherited)
• Deliverer (Inherited)
• Luna (Great Knight)
• Dual Guard+ (Great Knight) / Renewal (War Monk)
• Pavise (General)
Note: Damage sponge.

Yarne [Kellam] (Frontline)
- Taguel (10) - Barbarian (20) ^ Berserker (15) - War Monk (15) - Dread Fighter
• Pavise (Inherited)
• Axefaire (Berserker)
• Renewal (War Monk)
• Res+10 (Dread Fighter)
Note: No Galeforce, but should be both durable on defense and brutal on offense.
If anyone has any criticisms or ways to improve on this I'd love to hear them.

RiggyRob

*Does Owain's pose*

It depends on what you want each character to do really, but the ideal path for most of the female characters is to get Galeforce as early as possible so that they can pass it down as early as possible, and for everyone else to change to the class with the best skill for their child.

Personally I use this guide which was linked in this thread before, but remember that while it is in depth it is still one person's opinion on what is 'best' for everyone: http://thephilosogamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/fire-emblem-awakening-character.html?m=1

Akiller

I'm planning to get the grinding map DLC, is it really useful or just a waste or money?

I've spent almost exactly 90 hours on my first run and I just managed to clear Paralogue 23 (the last one) and recruit
Priam
. Now I just need to beat the game and then I'm going to tackle The Future Past before doing my Lunatic run.

As for reclassing, there are a lot of different ways to do it. I planned out everything for my first Hard mode run and got a pretty decent team, but after doing more research I drew up completely different plans for my Lunatic run. If you want, I'll share them here. I only really focus on the second generation units, since they're stronger, and just use the parents to get the desired inheritances.

Remember I drew this up myself and there is no one correct way to do it. I'll toss in some notes right now to explain my thinking.

If anyone has any criticisms or ways to improve on this I'd love to hear them.

Please share the best paths you know about parents and their sons. The fact is i am such a noob when it comes for stats,skills and stuff like that xD

I trust you guys.

It depends on what you want each character to do really, but the ideal path for most of the female characters is to get Galeforce as early as possible so that they can pass it down as early as possible, and for everyone else to change to the class with the best skill for their child.

Personally I use this guide which was linked in this thread before, but remember that while it is in depth it is still one person's opinion on what is 'best' for everyone: http://thephilosogamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/fire-emblem-awakening-character.html?m=1

Thanks Riggy, there's a list for the "final" class instead of the path guide but there's the skill list so i can see it through that i guess. Does "the order" of changing classes affect the character development? I mean if ,for example, the guide tells me Chrom's class growth is Lord 20 > Cavalier 10 > Paladin 15+ > Great Knight 15 > Great Lord 20+

But my Chrom's classing actually is Lord 20>Great Lord 20+>Paladin 20>(to be continued) , then did i ruin him?

Picked this up last week, its brilliant. Just beat Chapter 11, playing on Normal/Classic. Lost like 6 characters already :( but man is it addictive!

I'll keep rolling through unspoilt for this run atleast, then after might so some reading and try a playthrough for 100%

RiggyRob

I'm planning to get the grinding map DLC, is it really useful or just a waste or money?

Please share the best paths you know about parents and their sons. The fact is i am such a noob when it comes for stats,skills and stuff like that xD

I trust you guys.

Thanks Riggy, there's a list for the "final" class instead of the path guide but there's the skill list so i can see it through that i guess. Does "the order" of changing classes affect the character development? I mean if ,for example, the guide tells me Chrom's class growth is Lord 20 > Cavalier 10 > Paladin 15+ > Great Knight 15 > Great Lord 20+

But my Chrom's classing actually is Lord 20>Great Lord 20+>Paladin 20>(to be continued) , then did i ruin him?

The Golden Pack DLC is extremely useful especially for playing on Lunatic and Lunatic+.

The reason why the guide lists the classes in a certain order is so that you spend the least amount of time reclassing your characters - you can't 'ruin' your characters by reclassing them in a different order.

If you're wondering why they reclass at level 10 for base classes and level 15 for promoted classes, that's because level 10 and level 15 is when you learn that class's skills, so you don't have to level all the way to level 20 unless you want to.

Fiktion

Banned
So I just beat The Future Past. The feels. It completes all the character arcs perfectly, and in my opinion gives Lucina the ending she deserved. This is the one true timeline in my heart.

I was having trouble with the last map until I realized I could just be super aggressive and I beat it in 3 turns. Galeforce Nah with 50 skill and Armsthrift rekt shit.

I don't really have anything drawn up for the parents, just put them on the fastest route to the skills that need to be passed down to the kids.

Akiller

Thanks for the answers guys!

Just the completed chapter 25, it's time for the final battle now.Final paralogues get unlocked too but they seem to be very hard, is there a postgame so i can do them after the ending? Unfortunately i don't have much time left to spend on this great game(gonna check some backlog games), but i'll consider a new run in the future!

Javier

Thanks for the answers guys!

Just the completed chapter 25, it's time for the final battle now.Final paralogues get unlocked too but they seem to be very hard, is there a postgame so i can do them after the ending? Unfortunately i don't have much time left to spend on this great game(gonna check some backlog games), but i'll consider a new run in the future!
When you beat the game, it gets auto saved before entering the final chapter, so you can beat all remaining Paralogues and DLC and continue training your character indefinitely. You can also replay the final map and beat the game with an updated ending featuring all the additionally recruited characters.

Akiller

When you beat the game, it gets auto saved before entering the final chapter, so you can beat all remaining Paralogues and DLC and continue training your character indefinitely. You can also replay the final map and beat the game with an updated ending featuring all the additionally recruited characters.

Sweet, thank you. Grinding in this game is addictive sometimes lol

So when shopping at a merchant or shop in a city, how do I compare weapons? I want to compare what is on sale vs what I have equipped or what is in my inventory.

Anteo

So when shopping at a merchant or shop in a city, how do I compare weapons? I want to compare what is on sale vs what I have equipped or what is in my inventory.

You can scroll through your characters to see what they have in their inventories, but I dont think you cant check your convoy in the store.

Top Bottom