• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be completely serious though now I have no idea what to do with her now seeing that the skills she has kinda suck. :p Wyvern rider skills don't seem all that useful, seeing that I want her paired up all the time, especially on these latter stages. Wasn't a fan of the manakete's skills either.

ohlawd

To be completely serious though now I have no idea what to do with her now seeing that the skills she has kinda suck. :p Wyvern rider skills don't seem all that useful, seeing that I want her paired up all the time, especially on these latter stages.

Deliverer from lvl 5 Griffon Rider is cool.

To be completely serious though now I have no idea what to do with her now seeing that the skills she has kinda suck. :p Wyvern rider skills don't seem all that useful, seeing that I want her paired up all the time, especially on these latter stages. Wasn't a fan of the manakete's skills either.
iirc, pairing up doesn't affect skills that only work when the unit is isolated.

Nothing wrong with the -breaker skills.

According to the wall of shame, I have the most posts in this thread. Didn't know that. In the first OT, I'm 3rd.... this is like.. blowing my mind.

Yeah it's not too bad. I think it's easy to pick up and I'm always here to help.

I still have 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 to play :(

See them prices for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? Man...

Holy... so you must be a great master tactician :D Thanks for the help offer too, I managed just fine so far though now that the shops and the combination system unlocked I don't really know what to do anymore, plus keeping everybody equally well leveled also seems to be quite the task D: Is it okay if I ignore combining for now? I play Normal/Classic...

And I take it Radiant Dawn is rare then? If so I feel stupid for giving my copy to Gamestop because I couldn't warm up to it :(

ffdgh

Welp I caved earlier than expected and bough the smash pack DLC. Time to complement by dread fighters with their brides
3AQmK.gif

ohlawd

For Normal? Yeah you'll be okay with not pairing up for a while. Maybe for the entire game. No reason not to anyway unless you're worried about the 2nd unit not getting exp. Even then, I think the bonuses provided by the 2nd unit negates that. And you can grind in this game.

Since you're on Normal, you can buy Reeking Boxes for 500 bucks. It spawns Risen on the spot you used it on and the Risen's levels are a bit higher than the story enemies on that chapter. So if you used it on Chapter 1 and it had lvl 1 story enemies, the Risen from the Box will be lvl 2-3, something like that.

Mhmm RD is rare. More than 90 bones on Amazon. Path of Radiance is even worse...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Getting paragon and Limit Breaker to all of my guys.

Gonna grind Cordelia just because because I forget to get her Armsthrift. Probably gonna grind Frederick too since he is her husband so that at least he can contribute something when being paired up with her in battles.

Still feeling sore and salty due to my lost EOIV save file >___>

Gonna drown that feeling a bit with good-ol-fashioned Fire Emblem grinding.

ohlawd

That would give people a reason to actually take the time...and abuse to level up snipers. [/QUOTE]

Let me tell you that I hated training anyone that had the Archer line in their set and without access to Assassin and its Pass skill.

Everyone should play FE5.

I played it on an emulator with liberal save state abuse, with Paragon mode, and I still have a tough time. I think I got to the chapter with all the ballistas where the mage knight lady appears with her friend, and I felt like playing some other FE and I stopped.

I haven't bothered with 4 because the Pursuit skill and no trading seems like a real drag. I don't think I'll bother with 1 and 3 because of the remakes.

For Normal? Yeah you'll be okay with not pairing up for a while. Maybe for the entire game. No reason not to anyway unless you're worried about the 2nd unit not getting exp. Even then, I think the bonuses provided by the 2nd unit negates that. And you can grind in this game.

Since you're on Normal, you can buy Reeking Boxes for 500 bucks. It spawns Risen on the spot you used it on and the Risen's levels are a bit higher than the story enemies on that chapter. So if you used it on Chapter 1 and it had lvl 1 story enemies, the Risen from the Box will be lvl 2-3, something like that.

Mhmm RD is rare. More than 90 bones on Amazon. Path of Radiance is even worse...

Hmm alright thanks again! Yeah the EXP thing was my primary concern but okay I will see what I can do :) And thanks for the tip with the Reeking Boxes, a friend gave me that tip too so that should work well for leveling. Now I just need to figure out how to effectively restock and if upgrading items is worth it at that point.

Also ugh I see :( I wasn't on GAF back then but now I wish I kept it to sell it for a fair price to someone seeking here. Oh well what's done is done...

Spike

What should I do with Olivia? She's at level 30 right now. Leave her an keep using her dance move, or change her class to something else?

How about Virion? He's level 20. Sniper?

What should I do with Olivia? She's at level 30 right now. Leave her an keep using her dance move, or change her class to something else?

Change into any of her other two class trees. She'll wreck stuff with Swordfaire and Astra from Swordmasters and Dark Filer can give her and her child the coveted Galeforce.

Dunno. You could make him a Wyvern Rider for the hell of it or hope he gains magic as a Mage? Whatever really I guess.

You can keep her as a Dancer if you want to keep dancing for people. I made her an Assassin for Lethality, and she's quite good. Virion I made a Bow Knight just because he can use a melee weapon, has good range, and learns two skills that aren't Hit +20.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Make sure to give Olivia Swordfaire and Astra if you're gonna end up keeping her as Dancer for final class. Be sure to get Galeforce first though ;)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hmmm, unfortunate that you have her leveled up to 30 as dancer. But at the very least you can immediately jump to advanced class.

Recommending you make get to Swordmaster first to get Astra and Swordfaire and Darkflier to get Galeforce. Also recommending making Assassin as her final class.

Virion, hmmmh. Bowknight maybe for Bowbreaker so he can pass it up to Gerome should you marry him with Cherche.

ohlawd

Hmm alright thanks again! Yeah the EXP thing was my primary concern but okay I will see what I can do :) And thanks for the tip with the Reeking Boxes, a friend gave me that tip too so that should work well for leveling. Now I just need to figure out how to effectively restock and if upgrading items is worth it at that point.

Also ugh I see :( I wasn't on GAF back then but now I wish I kept it to sell it for a fair price to someone seeking here. Oh well what's done is done...

Sell the Bullion you get from killing enemies and looting chests.

The good news is that the bloke who bought your copy from Gamestop must be happy with their purchase... I hope :/

Hmmm, unfortunate that you have her leveled up to 30 as dancer. But at the very least you can immediately jump to advanced class.

Forget it. Lvl 30 Dancers are awesome since it skips the exp bar animation. Makes Rescue Spam less of a pain in my experience.

Sell the Bullion you get from killing enemies and looting chests.

The good news is that the bloke who bought your copy from Gamestop must be happy with their purchase... I hope :/

Okay will do since I noticed items seem to be quite expensive :/ And yeah I hope so too because I would feel bad if someone got it who wouldn't appreciate it :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Forget it. Lvl 30 Dancers are awesome since it skips the exp bar animation. Makes Rescue Spam less of a pain in my experience.

The stat cap for Dancers is rather low though :(

Dancer is not that useful in this game methinks. Aside for the glitter I don't see any reason to use Dancer, but that's just me.

Ferga

Aww yiss

I got my copy today. Hard mode classic, here I come. Going to accept every single death this play through, like a man.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The stat cap for Dancers is rather low though :(

Dancer is not that useful in this game methinks. Aside for the glitter I don't see any reason to use Dancer, but that's just me.

Dancers tend to be less useful, at least on the lower difficulties (might be more useful on earlier lunatic chapters, but probably not) due to Galeforce.

When you can take a paired set of kids in, kill a unit, refresh and switch to their partner, kill someone else, refresh again and book it back to relative safety, the Dancer's ability becomes less necessary, at least from a strategic standpoint.

That, and as you said, for Olivia, Assassin seems to have much better caps, while Dancer's second skill is not anywhere near as effective as having a rally bot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Temporary buffs? Stack with Rally skills? I dunno.

It's just for one person though, unlike Rally skills where everyone can enjoy their benefits simultaneously.

Dancers tend to be less useful, at least on the lower difficulties (might be more useful on earlier lunatic chapters, but probably not) due to Galeforce.

When you can take a paired set of kids in, kill a unit, refresh and switch to their partner, kill someone else, refresh again and book it back to relative safety, the Dancer's ability becomes less necessary, at least from a strategic standpoint.

That, and as you said, for Olivia, Assassin seems to have much better caps, while Dancer's second skill is not anywhere near as effective as having a rally bot.

Yeah.

IIRC the strength cap for Olivia as dancer is 30. That is... very low.

Metroidvania

Give FE12 a try if you can import it. It's one of the best FEs, too bad it wasn't localized. FE5 can be pretty brutal.

My unit was so awesomely overpowered in terms of growths before I got to Awakening.

Thanks for the tips, folks. I'm going to go SwordMaster with Olivia. Virion becomes a Bow Knight.

Would suggest getting Swordfaire from SM and then switching Olivia to Assassin, the 15% innate crit from being a SM isn't present, and Assassin has the same or better caps on every stat except 4 less magic, 2 more Defense and 8 more Resistance. Of those, only the res is really important.

And yes, saving Gerome from going through Bow Knight by getting Bowbreaker makes him less time consuming. So many other weapons have 1-2 range in this game I'm not sold on keeping a permanent Bow user, except for maybe longbows or the +10 luck Nidhogg.

Personally, I found Gerome and Brady to be the 'worst' of the kids. I screwed up from an 'optimal' skillset/caps for most of the kids, but Owain/Kjelle/Yarne at least have Galeforce/Armsthrift, or Laurent, who has access to Sorcerer.

Brady and Gerome just seem to have gotten by far the worst stat ups, even with the former having Galeforce. Every other kid is at cap or 1-2 away in their main stats, while Brady has terrible speed (granted, Vaike as a father) and Gerome (with Virion) just kind of blends in with the parent units in terms of power. Suppose that their personalities play into that a bit, to be fair.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At least with Brady you can get Galeforce along with Armsthrift, making him a very dangerous magic wielder that can cast stuff like Mjolnir or forged Katarina's Bolt with impunity.

And yeah, other than aesthetic reason, once you have astra and swordfaire, an Assassin can basically serve a better role as a Swordmaster than the Swordmaster itself. That additional bow can be useful for a variety of situation.

Although they don't get to use Amatsu, but that's hardly a concern since with Assassin you can use stuff like Nidhogg or forged Brave Bows plus Mystletainn or forged Brave Blade on a single person.

Metroidvania

Wait, dark knights can;t use dark tomes?

FUUUUUU.

Yeah, I was sad when I found this out too.

Pretty lame, but I suppose they had to give Sorcs something besides insane def and Res caps for a magic class in addition to Vengeance+Nosferatu.....

Lol.

Although they don't get to use Amatsu, but that's hardly a concern since with Assassin you can use stuff like Nidhogg or forged Brave Bows plus Mystletainn or forged Brave Blade on a single person.

Yeah, I've found Aversa's Night, and Kata's bolt (30% base crit is nuts) to be used more often along with brave weapons than any of the 'regalia'. Legendary weapons don't seem to pack enough additional 'oomph' in a lot of instances to overcome uber-forged Brave weapons (save for Nidhogg and the STR+5 ones, which are helpful with Sol for the non-magic users)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish they would have told me that before I turned tharja into one. :(

Oh well. Is it lv10 promoted when I can switch to another promoted class with second seal?

Top Bottom