• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Hm, wanted to check if the Golden Pack was out at midnight here, and I'm not really sure how to respond to what the game does when I pick Buy Maps in the Outrealm Gate.

It looks up if there is anything and then boots me back to the gate with almost a disappointed sound. Does that mean there are no maps available I don't have yet? There's no error message or anything and I can access the normal eShop just fine.

I'll have to check again later, but I just wanted to know if this is working as intended.

Chrom

Hm, wanted to check if the Golden Pack was out at midnight here, and I'm not really sure how to respond to what the game does when I pick Buy Maps in the Outrealm Gate.

It looks up if there is anything and then boots me back to the gate with almost a disappointed sound. Does that mean there are no maps available I don't have yet? There's no error message or anything and I can access the normal eShop just fine.

I'll have to check again later, but I just wanted to know if this is working as intended.

That doesn't sound normal.

ffdgh

...Anyone else noticed that Difficulty is spelled Diffculty for the five-anna firefight description in the DLC shop?

NeonZ

Unfortunate, because two dancers perpetually dancing for each other is the stuff dreams are made of

They could just make it so dancing were useless to another dancer. I don't know why they've never tried that before, and always just chose to limit the player to one dancer (at least in the same stage)...

Dawg

My brother bought the limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS XL.

Meanwhile, I keep telling myself I should wait for the Pokemon X/Y limited edition XL.

I CAN'T DO THIS

Dawg

I think so >_>

Your name seems familiar in this thread.

P.S. I'm too lazy to check the wall of shame and see what posts you've made.

Just checked.

Two posts. Well, three now.

I'm also the only guy with "Dawg" in my nick in the list.

Who are you and what do you want from me?!

McNum

That doesn't sound normal.
It still does the same, but I'll give it to normal business hours tomorrow until I start troubleshooting anything. The 3DS is definitely on the internet, so it's not a connection issue on MY end.

Anyone know what the game is supposed to do if you have all the DLC when you pick Purchase Maps? I'm sure some of you have all of it for the US or EU version. Could you check for me?

Why must Nintendo make it difficult to buy DLC from them? A sad chime is not a suitable replacement for an error message. Ah well, it's the 25th for 22 more hours. I'm sure something will happen. Just wanted to set it to download overnight.

luokyl

Is it legit for me to complain about enemy reinforcements that appear out of nowhere?

I love this game, but for reinforcements to appear and move/attack on the same turn is insane. When I'm one shot next to killing the boss a wyvern appears from behind me and shanks me in the back. Feels bad.

CSX

Is it legit for me to complain about enemy reinforcements that appear out of nowhere?

I love this game, but for reinforcements to appear and move/attack on the same turn is insane. When I'm one shot next to killing the boss a wyvern appears from behind me and shanks me in the back. Feels bad.
Welcome to hard mode

I had one situation yesterday where after clearing the map of every enemy except the boss I ended my turn with a relieved grin comfortable in the knowledge that my victory was assured.

And then right at the bottom of the map spawned a lone Griffon Rider who just about managed to fly straight up to the edge of his range and slam an axe into the back of a weakened Cordelia for the exact amount of damage necessary to kill her.

All of my fury.

Anteo

The game gives hints when reinforcements are coming, at least early in the game. Most of the time you get the hint near the begining of the stage.

Chrom

You should play FE5.

McNum

Doesn't say much.

It says "Purchased" and "Downloaded" side by side.
Ah, got it to spit out an error code, tried to update Spotpass.

"Error Code: 004-3003 - Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later."

The connection has worked earlier today, because I'm seeing a Florina Spotpass character that wasn't there a few hours ago...

I guess all that I can do is wait and see if Nintendo can get it to work on their end. Since the general eShop works just fine, could even download an update for the Ambassador Certificate (Why did THAT need an update, anyway, it's doesn't do anything...), I guess something must have happened with the DLC server.

So, let Nintendo sort things out, try again in 10-12 hours. and if it still doesn't work, well, the error message also says to contact Nintendo if it doesn't work later. So that's a plan so far.

Well what should I say, I played the Demo yesterday night, today I ran into the store and bought it... this game... oh god this game... everything is so good, from music to the battle-animations to the characters to the cut-scenes I'm really glad I didn't pass up on this! :D

One question though, there isn't a way to get a friends character over Spotpass when we both exchanged friend-codes right? :(

NeonZ

There's always dialogue indicating that reinforcements are coming. I think only one chapter in the main story campaign suffers from no dialogue at all indicating that more troops are coming (or the dialogue makes it seem like it's just talking about the initial troops you're facing, not about more reinforcements coming later).

Some of the bonus (spotpass locked) chapters do suffer from no warning at all about reinforcements though.

ohlawd

Well what should I say, I played the Demo yesterday night, today I ran into the store and bought it... this game... oh god this game... everything is so good, from music to the battle-animations to the characters to the cut-scenes I'm really glad I didn't pass up on this! :D

One question though, there isn't a way to get a friends character over Spotpass when we both exchanged friend-codes right? :(

Hey Sky :3

Nope to your question.

one_kill

What should I do if I've maxed out a character's second class and obtained all the skills I wanted for him/her? Should I reclass to reset the level at 1 or just leave him/her be?

ohlawd

What should I do if I've maxed out a character's second class and obtained all the skills I wanted for him/her? Should I reclass to reset the level at 1 or just leave him/her be?

Leave the unit in the class you want.

For me, leave all the females as Brides.
For guys, I don't care but I'm inclined to leave them as Dread Fighters.

edit: ahh read it wrong. I thought you had maxed stats. Keep reclassing since some classes may not have max stats yet.

Anteo

Reclass use a second seal to reset the level to 1, to get more stats on level ups.

Hey Sky :3

Nope to your question.

Oh hey Saten-san! Errmm... I mean ohlawd! :3 Alright thanks for answering that, it's too bad but that can't be helped :( I didn't know you play Fire Emblem too though :D I still find the deeper systems like Combinations and such a bit overwhelming but I'm sure I will get it soon enough :p

ohlawd

Oh hey Saten-san! Errmm... I mean ohlawd! :3 Alright thanks for answering that, it's too bad but that can't be helped :( I didn't know you play Fire Emblem too though :D I still find the deeper systems like Combinations and such a bit overwhelming but I'm sure I will get it soon enough :p

According to the wall of shame, I have the most posts in this thread. Didn't know that. In the first OT, I'm 3rd.... this is like.. blowing my mind.

Yeah it's not too bad. I think it's easy to pick up and I'm always here to help.

I still need to play that, FE4, and FE12 still...

I still have 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 to play :(

See them prices for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? Man...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I still have 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 to play :(

See them prices for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? Man...

Those prices really are ridiculous. I've been wanting to go back and play PoR but I can't find my copy. I really don't wanna buy it again at those prices OTL

ohlawd

Top Bottom