• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Started today, though it might be hard to keep on my phone due to space issues.
Got this from my first round of summons, seems decent enough.
s4NXgQ0.jpg
Been using my other orbs for upgrading the castle, because more exp seems like a good idea.

Other than that, dunno yet exactly what I'm doing, but at least it seems like I'm plowing through the story mode.

Missed Ike. I'm through spending money on this game, man. Every time I do, I get literally nothing of any value. Feel like a fool for cracking and dropping real cash dollars into this game...

Got a decent team; Takumi, Hector, Azura, and Young Tiki. Was looking to round it out with one last S+ tier with Ike, but guess I'm hoarding orbs until he is a 5 Star Focus again, whenever that is...

Edit: Oops wrong topic as well.

Rutger

Banned
So straw poll time and (to lz to use that website).

FE4 or 5.

Pick one.

Well, FE4 is the only one of the two that I've played a good amount of...
Because I wanted to play through it before FE5.

But I imagine I will actually enjoy FE5 from what I know of it and the little I've played of it, so...

Maybe one day I will be able to say FE5.

BahamutX83

Neo Member
So according to UPS my limited edition FE Echoes is supposed to arrive today. Anyone who ordered from Amazon may want to check their order. Mine came from the Ruskin, FL warehouse for reference.

Knowing my luck it's probably just an error in the automated email system but here's hoping.

Costia

I am planning to start awakening soon.
Since its my first tactical RPG i will probably play it on casual+normal (AFAIK if i choose hard, i wont be able to change it later).
I guess since i will be playing on an easy difficulty there isn't anything i should be worrying about.
So I will probably promote units ASAP, just to see more skills (in case i abandon the game halfway through).
Are there any quirks i need to be aware of? For example, any children or unit classes i should be aiming for? (i assume that on normal it wont matter)

Mediking

Really sad I lost my 3DS months ago with all my games.... would be buying Echoes and finishing Fates for sure. Now all I can do is hope they hit Switch in some form.

Weebos

Banned
Is there a definitive FE4 translation patch? With the director of Echoes eyeing FE6 I figured now is as good a time as any to finally get around to the Jugdral games.

It looks like there are a few available for FE4, any opinions on them?

Doesn't look like there are any particularly complete patches for FE5?

Xbro

Is there a definitive FE4 translation patch? With the director of Echoes eyeing FE6 I figured now is as good a time as any to finally get around to the Jugdral games.

Newest one by bookofholesty is recommended for FE4

Busaiku

After playing Shadows, Mae, Boey, and Genny makes sense with Celica, though Saber probably would've been better than Genny.
But why the heck were Clair and Lukas in over Gray and Tobin.

Where/ when does he say this? I really want Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776.

Genealogy of the Holy War even have the Waifu elements that some new fans like so much!

Rainy

Banned
I'm not the hugest FE fan, but I've played Awakening/Fates, and I'm enjoying Echoes.

But my question kinda stems from that other thread about them trying to breathe life into the Switch FE.

Many people want them to tone down the supports and children, how big of an impact do you think those things had on the resurgence of the series after Awakening? Like I don't mind those features particularly but I just wish they were implemented better some times (the reason for kids in Fates was really bad lmao).

Busaiku

A lot.
Echoes has Casual mode and better presentation, but, in Japan at least, it will be the worst performing game since Radiant Dawn.
Will probably do better in the US, but it'll likely be a far cry from Awakening or Fates.

So Casual mode alone is not the driver.

spiritfox

A lot.
Echoes has Casual mode and better presentation, but, in Japan at least, it will be the worst performing game since Radiant Dawn.
Will probably do better in the US, but it'll likely be a far cry from Awakening or Fates.

It is a remake of a pretty divisive game on a old system that already has a successor in the market, and I'm not sure how big the marketing push is compared to the previous games. I just hope FE Switch takes some of the good things from Echoes and not shove in children again ala Fates.

CazTGG

Marketing and making the series more accessible is what aided Awakening. Waifus and children had absolutely nothing to do with its success.

It is a remake of a pretty divisive game on a old system that already has a successor in the market, and I'm not sure how big the marketing push is compared to the previous games. I just hope FE Switch takes some of the good things from Echoes and not shove in children again ala Fates.

Fire Emblem: You'll Take The Kids And You'll Like It!

Coming June 2018 in Japan, August in Europe/North America.

jnWake

A lot.

Timing is key for game performance. 3DS is on its last legs everywhere, even in Japan software sales have been dropping steadily.

A lot.

Are DQXI preorders for the 3DS sucking because DQ is in decline?

Lynx_7

Just finished Shadow Dragon.
Chapter 24
decided to be cheeky with its same turn reinforcements so I just said "fuck it" and Warped the shit out of the last 2 chapters. Completed both in 1 turn, that'll teach Medeus not to pull that shit again. Overall I enjoyed my time with it, it's not a top tier FE or anything but it's better than people give it credit. I do miss supports a bit but it's also nice not having to worry about positioning units close to one another so I appreciate the simplicity. It's also nice to see how the franchise started so it's got that appeal to it. Out of all the FE games I've played, this is the one that feels the most like a Tolkien-esque/"old school fantasy" adventure.

Next up is Echoes. Kinda cool that I'll get to experience the first 3 games chronologically through their remakes. :p

All this fuss over FE Warriors' roster and here I am thinking "Gwent is pretty rad. IntSys may have missed an opportunity here without a digital Cipher" 'cause Gwent is pretty rad (Nilfgaard <3) and maybe they missed an opportunity here. 'Course, we already have a mobile game, SoV recently came out, then there's the upcoming Warriors and FE Switch and--gosh darn, that's a lot of FE.

While on the subject, am I crazy or does Cipher get more stuff out faster than Heroes?

Rutger

Banned
All this fuss over FE Warriors' roster and here I am thinking "Gwent is pretty rad. IntSys may have missed an opportunity here without a digital Cipher" 'cause Gwent is pretty rad (Nilfgaard <3) and maybe they missed an opportunity here. 'Course, we already have a mobile game, SoV recently came out, then there's the upcoming Warriors and FE Switch and--gosh darn, that's a lot of FE.

While on the subject, am I crazy or does Cipher get more stuff out faster than Heroes?

What's going on?

The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Oh. Lame, but it's a musou game so it's not worth caring about.
Now when we get that Arcsys or FrenchBread fighting game, that's where we'll need to see characters from throughout the series.

I guess you can say that. each season is kinda short when compared to typical tcg

I guess you can say that. each season is kinda short when compared to typical tcg

Huh. The thought just struck me recently as I'm starting to feel fatigue from Heroes. 8 heroes a month is kinda slow...

Now when we get that Arcsys or FrenchBread fighting game, that's where we'll need to see characters from throughout the series.

Wouldn't we run into the same problem again though? >.>

...Though, if we were to ignore that, I'm sure there's a few things you could do with characters outside of Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon. Could easily copy Sin Kiske's appetite system and apply it to an FE5 character as an example, maybe a transformation gauge for a FE9/FE10 Laguz (we could do that for a manakete too, but shh).

At the same time, I'm wondering why I'm not praying for Guilty Gear on Switch already. lol

spiritfox

Heroes is done internally right? Maybe it's a skeleton crew right now since they have a new FE in the horizon plus they just finished with Echoes.

Josephl64

eh really? I thought pokemon is a bit slower than cipher

well...

Pokemon sets:

Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary 9-16-16
Collection Sun/Collection Moon 12-9-16
Islands Await You/Alolan Moonlight 3-17-17
To Have Seen the Battle Rainbow/Darkness that Consumes Light 6-16-17

Fire Emblem Cipher sets:

Storm of the Knights' Shadows 9-29-16
Rise to Honor 12-8-16
Life and Death: Crossroads of Fate 3-17-17
Roaring Echoes 6-22-17

well...

Pokemon sets:

Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary 9-16-16
Collection Sun/Collection Moon 12-9-16
Islands Await You/Alolan Moonlight 3-17-17
To Have Seen the Battle Rainbow/Darkness that Consumes Light 6-16-17

Fire Emblem Cipher sets:

Storm of the Knights' Shadows 9-29-16
Rise to Honor 12-8-16
Life and Death: Crossroads of Fate 3-17-17
Roaring Echoes 6-22-17

ok I'm wrong then. I really thought pokemon is 4 months gap between each sets :')

StayDead

I'm really enjoying Echoes. I LOVE and HATE Gaiden equally the same, but this is what I loved about Gaiden, just with less bullshit. The fact heal spells don't spend so much health to use and everyone seems a little more beefy helps a hell of a lot.

Maybe I'll finally get to finish a version of Gaiden. I couldn't beat the Dragon Zombies at the Volcano in Alms route no matter how many times I played Gaiden, someone would always die.

Top Bottom