• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I've had awful luck with my Hinoka leveling. With a 55% growth rate for Strength she has 11 while her 60% growth rate for Speed has 25.
LLShC.gif

EDIT: As a note she started with 9 Strength and 16 Speed. Still awful. In 12 levels she gained 2 Strength!

EDIT2: Also, at least one point of the strength increase came from promotion!

Mudron

So, this is an incredibly stupid question, but where do you buy healing items?

I was used to having a centralized shop in Awakening, but I'm confused by the whole convoy/castle system in Fates.

GamerSoul

I meant why do his children still trust him, the scandalous part well written and I'm surprise they didn't held back too much

I haven't played conquest yet but i think it could be a number of reasons including the the alternative to not trusting him could be death or exile. It could also be just a matter of time too!

Dad

I've had awful luck with my Hinoka leveling. With a 55% growth rate for Strength she has 11 while her 60% growth rate for Speed has 25.
LLShC.gif

EDIT: As a note she started with 9 Strength and 16 Speed. Still awful. In 12 levels she gained 2 Strength!

EDIT2: Also, at least one point of the strength increase came from promotion!

Wow, that's some awful RNG. My Hinoka is definitely the team MVP right now. She can solo entire sides of maps if I need her to

Lunar15

Man, Chapter 10 is such a great FE level. Took me so many tries, but that last turn is the stuff legends are made of! I'm feelin the hype right now.

I was gonna pair
shinome and matoi
when i remembered they are cousins. Ugh.

She is too regal for any ordinary character. Cant seem to find a good pair for her that isnt a member of her family.

Lynx_7

Should I reclass Felicia to a strategist? Her strenght sucks right now. 5str at level 13, her attacks are pretty much useless outside of debuffing opponents, something
Kaze
should be much better at now that he has joined my group, and so far I've been lacking a reliable magic user (Odin and Nyx just... suck). Or is it worth it to keep two debuffers? Can they both debuff different stats at the same time from a single opponent for example?

I guess I should start support grinding. I'm at chapter 12 Conquest and so far I only have three B Rank supports (two of which are with Corrin) and a bunch of C's. It's just so hard to find an opportunity to raise them when most if not all missions seem to require a certain level of precision.

Umm...

Quick question about Hinata's son. He died before I could get to him, but he was still talking to him in the cutscene afterwards.

I saved and then I noticed he was not in my roster...

Did I mess up? :(

The dynamic between the Nohrian siblings and Garon is abusive as all hell. My psychology triggers were flaring during Xander's quote in the Boo camp DLC.

I'm only on Chapter 8, but so don't spoil me if this is true, but what if both Garon and Mikoto are the main character's parents. That'd be awesome. They had an affair and the main character was the result

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Luna's only if you really a want Red Ophelia otherwise she hurts her badly as a mom, Ophelia really really wants Felicia/Elise/Nyx as a mom.
Well, too late now. It was worth it because their supports were hilarious, especially the S rank one.

Squire

Banned
Question: I paired Subaki and Oboro. Oboro is at 20, ready to promote. Subaki is at 18. I want to use a partner seal to switch Subaki to a spear class. Should I switch now, while Oboro is still a Spear Fighter? Or should I switch after I promote her, so Subaki can be a Spear Master?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does dub Camilla sound like a very old woman to anyone else? Both older sisters got shafted in the localization.

Draxal

Question: I paired Subaki and Oboro. Oboro is at 20, ready to promote. Subaki is at 18. I want to use a partner seal to switch Subaki to a spear class. Should I switch now, while Oboro is still a Spear Fighter? Or should I switch after I promote her, so Subaki can be a Spear Master?

Partner sealing him would keep as a spear fighter in both scenarios.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just cleared Ch 10 Conquest on Hard/Casual. I had like four units left standing. About 5 times I lost it on Turn 10.

I have no idea what to do after the "twist" on Turn 8 (?). I can keep everyone alive until Turn 9, then it all goes to hell and everyone drops like flies after the twist. What's the strategy here to keep everyone going?

Just cleared Ch 10 Conquest on Hard/Casual. I had like four units left standing. About 5 times I lost it on Turn 10.

I have no idea what to do after the "twist" on Turn 8 (?). I can keep everyone alive until Turn 9, then it all goes to hell and everyone drops like flies after the twist. What's the strategy here to keep everyone going?

Use the ballista and fire orb to keep enemies at bay before they're near. Ballista is especially useful for hitting pegasus warriors since it counts as a bow, and while it can't kill units, it'll bring them to 1 hp

Squire

Banned
Does dub Camilla sound like a very old woman to anyone else? Both older sisters got shafted in the localization.

It's Paula Tiso as both Camillia and Orochi. She just kind of sounds like that. They make it pretty clear Orochi is one of the "old" characters and it seems like Camillia is in the upper tier of ages too, but yeah.

Tiso played Lulu in FFX and the character is 21. This is 15 years ago (Jesus Christ), but yeah, she's always had that voice that makes her characters sound older than what the fiction itself claims.

Partner sealing him would keep as a spear fighter in both scenarios.

Interesting. I'll probably just drop him now then.

Rutger

Banned

Speaking from Lunatic/Classic, I got through that by playing aggressively with Jakob(changed to a Great Knight) and Camilla early on. I had them take care of the two Birthright character that can move before the twist, and then they were cleaning up some enemies while working back to where everyone else was defending. Things became a lot more manageable for everyone else once I started doing that.

I also needed to give some characters some tonics to make them less fragile.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Hi, I have a question!

How am I supposed to chose a side when playing the Special Edition of the game. It seems to start with Conquest but I would like to play Birthright, thank you!

Dad

Hi, I have a question!

How am I supposed to chose a side when playing the Special Edition of the game. It seems to start with Conquest but I would like to play Birthright, thank you!

The routes are all the same until they split in Chapter

Ala Alba

So, I've done way too much grinding, I guess.

Literally every character is at least level 20, but I can't promote any more units because I don't have and can't buy any master seals. ;_;

I'm up to chapter 19, will the final rod shop upgrade come soon?

Shun

I was gonna pair
shinome and matoi
when i remembered they are cousins. Ugh.

She is too regal for any ordinary character. Cant seem to find a good pair for her that isnt a member of her family.

That is why you pair her yourself. Make her a great lord too.

Not like it's the first game that they have the whole familial thing anyway, there are like 5 Fire Emblem games with it and 4 games where it is a major plot and character point.

I mean you could do Shigure, he's technically not related by blood at all.

conquest spoiler
conquest siblings aren't even completely blood related at all since most of the kids are spawned by Garon's concubines and are not even direct successors to the throne unlike Marx.

So, I've done way too much grinding, I guess.

Literally every character is at least level 20, but I can't promote any more units because I don't have and can't buy any master seals. ;_;

I'm up to chapter 19, will the final rod shop upgrade come soon?

Easiest way to get seals if your shop doesn't have them is just visit other castles that have the final shop and buy from them

Pairing Corrin and Felicia was best thing for me, it made Kana become a beast(or Dragon) with her high magic. All she uses is the Dragonstone and levin sword

Azuran

Banned
Birthright Chapter 21:

Fuck this entire chapter so much. I got the wrong vein all three times so this took me over 40 turns to complete. Also the last part with 5 of those Stoneborn appearing out of nowhere after you attack the boss was crazy.

Nerokis

Wow....

Chapter 10 birthright on hard..

Dude, I'm in the same spot.

Second attempt is going perfectly. I'm in that final stretch, though, and some shit is going down. I have a small group on the bottom left of the ship, and it's not looking good for them. I search left and right for a set of moves I could do to keep everyone alive. I'm at the point where I need to let Takumi take some hits, and kneel before the RNG gods in desperation. He goes through one mob unscathed and takes it out; a second one is done; the third one kills him.

Fuck.

I definitely have a lot of room for improvement, but I love this game.There has been one loss I've felt pretty annoyed by, though. In the forest ambush stage earlier on, the boss character has a 1-2 range weapon with high crit. A great run ended with Corrin getting wrecked by a single hit. And the second time I went against him, I couldn't find a way to nullify the chance of a character getting 1-shot. That's a situation I don't like being in.

Birthright Chapter 21:

Fuck this entire chapter so much. I got the wrong vein all three times so this took me over 40 turns to complete. Also the last part with 5 of those Stoneborn appearing out of nowhere after you attack the boss was crazy.
I got all of the right first try with no prior knowledge

Get on my level

Vamphuntr

If you never used guard stance before you will have to in Conquest 13 haha. You get rushed on like turn 2

I've been trying to figure this out with no success, so... how do I initiate a My Castle fight?

One way to do it so to visit a castle and talk to their Corrin.

Top Bottom