• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Pejo

Thanks for the explanations guys. It seems like on lower defense/hp units like the dancers, you'd want to pick a breaker instead then. I don't know if any of them are going to often survive 2 hits from their opponents - though I guess it only matters if the speed is low enough to get doubled in the first place...

Hm... something to think about for sure.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah, I'd definitely avoid putting it on a dancer because they can't reliably survive getting doubled. You usually want to put a breaker skill on them instead.

QR is best on bulky units that can survive getting doubled, and would kill a lot of units if they only doubled them. It's especially good on units with Distant Counter. Sometimes even units with decent speed benefit from QR just to ensure that double on counter against fast units. It turns the unit into something who primarily fights by baiting instead of by initiating.

Some good candidates for QR:
- Xander
- Most dragons if they have Lightning Breath+
- Ryoma/Ike
- Bulky but low atk mages like MRobin
- Slow but tough units like BK, S.Tiki or Ephriam

lt519

So I just did this in Arena Assault and I don't feel bad at all (against merged units too).

Use Brave Bow B!Lyn to kill opposing B!Lyn
Dance with P!Azura for buffs
Use Dancer's Veil to give P!Azura another move
Use B!Lyn to kill opposing Nowi
Dance with P!Azura again
Use B!Lyn to kill Ryoma

Next time I'm going to add another dancer and give B!Lyn 4 moves in one turn.

yuraya

Thinking of how Sacred coins could be spent.

-Increase appearance rates for banners
-Choose same color orbs for a summoning session.
-Buy heroes with them. Have like a small weekly/monthly selection which you can buy using the coins. (or something like that)
-Buy seals and skills

A lot of good stuff they can do with this. Hoping its something good.

Thinking of how Sacred coins could be spent.

-Increase appearance rates for banners
-Choose same color orbs for a summoning session.
-Buy heroes with them. Have like a small weekly/monthly selection which you can buy using the coins. (or something like that)
-Buy seals and skills

A lot of good stuff they can do with this. Hoping its something good.
these ideas are way too awesome and player friendly to be anywhere near the truth

Akuun

these ideas are way too awesome and player friendly to be anywhere near the truth
Yeah, it'll probably be something much less useful.

Though to be fair, I feel like FEH has been more generous than most gacha games out there. There's been less P2W bullshit in general.

I still wouldn't be too surprised if they do something like "pay 2000 coins to buy a Def +1 seal" though.

Mupod

So what will disappoint more: Arvis not being an armored mage or the coins being useless?

the longer they wait on coins the bigger the backlash if they end up being worthless/boring like buying seals you may have missed. Months of speculation/hype and having to endure AA for them is leading players to have certain expectations. Honestly if they don't actually include IV resets, which I think is unlikely, a lot of players will be really disappointed.

if a free GHB unit isn't some kind of meta breaking thing then I don't think people will mind much. I mean they just gave out two really good 5* in the past month-ish. Although with Lyn's reign of terror over arena continuing, I think a lot of us would love a unit that can shut her down without running some kind of weirdly specific build.

There are so many Heroes in this game and just not enough time to build them. I think it is time to seriously begin merging my best characters.

We know how expensive 5* Heroes are, but Nowi and Nino are certainly locked candidates. These two have been extremely useful for me, and I have multiple copies. I'm currently building 4*+10 versions of Adult Tiki, Sophia, Virion, Cecilia, and Cherche. These all have great potential.

Who are you all giving merges to?

Weebos

Banned
Got a 5 star Kagero on my free pull, first time that has happened to me.

She has a worse nature than my existing Kagero, so I'm thinking of saving her Poison Dagger + for some future dagger user.

TFW Best Boy Lukas breaks your pity rate, but decides to bless you with good luck after doing so...

lScSWIQ.jpg

Akuun

There are so many Heroes in this game and just not enough time to build them. I think it is time to seriously begin merging my best characters.

We know how expensive 5* Heroes are, but Nowi and Nino are certainly locked candidates. These two have been extremely useful for me, and I have multiple copies. I'm currently building 4*+10 versions of Adult Tiki, Sophia, Virion, Cecilia, and Cherche. These all have great potential.

Who are you all giving merges to?
I've never promoted units to 5* only to add them to merges, but if you're talking about 4* units to merge, I've been building up 4* merged versions of Felicia, Setsuna, Cecilia, and Est.

Est and Cecilia are now 4* +10 and both of them are very powerful. Cecilia is paired with Lyn, with both of them running Hone Cav. Together, they just wreck almost everything while having enough BST to run in arena as well.

Setsuna will be good eventually too, but she's 40k feathers away from being completed.

Pejo

Got a 5 star Kagero on my free pull, first time that has happened to me.

She has a worse nature than my existing Kagero, so I'm thinking of saving her Poison Dagger + for some future dagger user.

Holy shit, I had no idea Poison Dagger + was inheritable....I know what Olivia's getting....

*Edit* - How's this for an Olivia damage/attack buff build

I wish I'd have literally gotten any bane other than -SPD, but what are you gonna do.

jnWake

For Sacred Coins my latest ideas have been them incorporating some shops like the ones in Fates:

- Lottery: Use coins and get some random items like shards, badges or AA items.
- Forge: Use coins (maybe some additional currency?) and improve skills of certain characters. For example, turn Corrin's Yato into Omega Yato.
- Item store: Use coins to buy items like Dracoshield, Speedwing that'd let you alter IVs of your characters.

Sushen

Everything fucking match had Reinhardt and BLyn in AA today. I don’t know why we have other units if that’s all we need. I’m done with AA for now.

Any + weapon can be inherited. So you could conceivably give someone Berkut's Lance, Legion's Axe, or Clarisse's Bow.

Got my pity rate broken by Lukas. Unfortunately I had three red orbs in that pull so I tried to salvage something:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...78316957597696/Screenshot_20171003-135519.png

First time I get 2 5* in a summon, and they're both off-focus. At least CorrinM is +spd -res and Lukas is +def -res, two great natures for them.

(Now I have to figure out what to do with my 4* versions of those units.)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
TFW Best Boy Lukas breaks your pity rate, but decides to bless you with good luck after doing so...
Rate is gone after the summoning session, it doesn't change instantly when you got Lukas; all those units were selected when you clicked Summon.

Rate is gone after the summoning session, it doesn't change instantly when you got Lukas; all those units were selected when you clicked Summon.

I was dealing with a 4.5% pity rate prior to this spin (I had pulled 3*/4* in the full spin just before) so decided to just pull again because I had nothing to lose at that point. After dealing with only having 1 green and/or 1 blue orb show up each time I summoned, I was getting more and more discouraged.

Saw Lukas after I pulled and said well, just keep going. Next was Laslow, so then I pulled again and then Inigo showed up, then Shigure and finally Robin.

Yes it's the beauty of gacha, but at the same time, it was the first time I had a good spin on the dancer banner since it dropped on Friday.

kswiston

I got my Performing Azura with the October and Arena orbs.

Thanks to the FE Warriors maps, she is already level 40. -atk/+res, but that is OK.

I am not high level in the Arena (I flip flop between rank 18 and 19), so she fills the perfect hole in my Xavier/BLyn/Reinhardt team by taking out high res/atk blue mages and assisting on the occasional Nowi.

I haven't decided on whether I will try for Inigo or not. I might wait until we see the next banner. I got Azura and Olivia this time around, so trying for a third banner unit is probably tempting fate.

Edit: Also, I feel really stupid. I just noticed that you can preview your opponents in Arena assault...

Time to do much better in those!

MiTYH

FINALLY got Azura. Pulled a bit more than I intended, and +spd - atk, which is great!

Also I saw this post on Azama, felt like maybe I'll build something for him. Turns out I have four copies of him. Which is the better spread? I'm terrible at this

Finished setting up Inigo with the anti-Lyn and Reinhardt set. Cuts way way too close against Reinhardt since he's -Res and worst case scenario Reinhardt can kill him. I can get around that if someone buffs his res with the seal and equip the +1 res seal or instead I just put Inigo on a defense tile. Another way to go about it is he can tank Lyn (very easily with Bowbreaker) and the kill Reinhardt on player phase. I'm not sure that there's any way for him to tank both back to back since Reinhardt monumentally fucks him up no matter what.

Did any arena run with him BK, Effie and Amelia and it went super smooth. Boy does he tank scores though.

Finished setting up Inigo with the anti-Lyn and Reinhardt set. Cuts way way too close against Reinhardt since he's -Res and worst case scenario Reinhardt can kill him. I can get around that if someone buffs his res with the seal and equip the +1 res seal or instead I just put Inigo on a defense tile. Another way to go about it is he can tank Lyn (very easily with Bowbreaker) and the kill Reinhardt on player phase. I'm not sure that there's any way for him to tank both back to back since Reinhardt monumentally fucks him up no matter what.

Did any arena run with him BK, Effie and Amelia and it went super smooth. Boy does he tank scores though.

I have the same RES bane on my Inigo, and I'm overall happy with him. I don't plan on building him as a Reinhardt check, and I would just rather stick with Julia, Sonya, Robin (F), and Hector for that role. Hector has +RES and Panic Ploy 1 seal. I'm actually just holding out for a decent Fae.

He'll be more reliable at checking Lyn, but Boey, Robin(F), and other sturdy Raven Mages are better suited to that. I'll never use Inigo on a standard Arena team because of the point penalty, so I'll just designate his Arena Assault role as support.

lt519

Tried CH11&12 challenge again, I have no clue how to do this...I can get to 11-5 with Horse Emblem but struggle there, then I can get to 12-2 with the next team, just can't find a squad to do the rest with. The time limits and super buff units are just crazy.

Is there a guide somewhere? I have most the good units in the game minus Delthea and any Mage Fliers so flier emblem is basically a no go as one of the teams.

Every other chain challenge has been fine, this one is just brutal.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Tried CH11&12 challenge again, I have no clue how to do this...I can get to 11-5 with Horse Emblem but struggle there, then I can get to 12-2 with the next team, just can't find a squad to do the rest with. The time limits and super buff units are just crazy.

Is there a guide somewhere? I have most the good units in the game minus Delthea and any Mage Fliers so flier emblem is basically a no go as one of the teams.

Every other chain challenge has been fine, this one is just brutal.

I did mine with a nino, an olivia with WoM, a nowi with a TA build, and a medic lucina. Got to map 9 with them and then just had to brute force the last two maps.

lt519

I did mine with a nino, an olivia with WoM, a nowi with a TA build, and a medic lucina. Got to map 9 with them and then just had to brute force the last two maps.

I can do that, what did you use for an A skill for Nino? I've got Fury 3.

I've also got B!Lucina with Aether, Reciprocal Aid, and Renewal 3 instead of regular Lucina. But have the Nowi and Olivia (although no Ruby Sword).

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can do that, what did you use for an A skill for Nino? I've got Fury 3.

I've also got B!Lucina with Aether, Reciprocal Aid, and Renewal 3 instead of regular Lucina. But have the Nowi and Olivia (although no Ruby Sword).

Life and Death 2 on Nino, all of them have pretty cookie cutter builds.

The hardest map is the one where your team is split. You gotta have Nowi and Lucina in the bottom and Olivia and Nino at the top. You need to draw the aggro of the Genny to the top by luring Olivia just out of her range, leaving Nowi to deal with Mae. I think it may be crucial to plan out her special cooldown so she can use on Mae to kill her on enemy phase 1.

The other hard map is the mountain one where you will need Nino to draw and tank Bruno (just be careful and mind the Vantage built into his tome)

It took a lot of failed attempts to optimize my way to map 9

lt519

Life and Death 2 on Nino, all of them have pretty cookie cutter builds.

The hardest map is the one where your team is split. You gotta have Nowi and Lucina in the bottom and Olivia and Nino at the top. You need to draw the aggro of the Genny to the top by luring Olivia just out of her range, leaving Nowi to deal with Mae. I think it may be crucial to plan out her special cooldown so she can use on Mae to kill her on enemy phase 1.

The other hard map is the mountain one where you will need Nino to draw and tank Bruno (just be careful and mind the Vantage built into his tome)

It took a lot of failed attempts to optimize my way to map 9

Yeah to be fair I just got to 12-1 with a fresh (second) team of Nino, B!Lucina, Olivia, and Nowi and I still got face wiped. Couldn't take out Delthea on her square with my Fury 3 Nino, but ended up beating that chapter with everyone alive no problem with some medic work, but Leon in 12-2 just tanks absolutely everything I have. I think I'd need to have Nino in Desperation range.

I dunno, I remember why I stopped trying this last time, not worth the orbs. To try and plan out HP and specials like that.

My best bet is to probably have the Nino team make it to Chapter 12 then bring in the to Horse Emblem teams I have.

ggx2ac

Random characters I fought during my Arena Assault run.

A couple of things, replace Triangle Adept with Distant Counter and that's the other Axe Azura I fought which is probably better.

I never saw a regular Azura like usual, it's all Axe Azura I see now.

It's always usual to see characters with the support skill Rally Def/Res or Rally Atk/Spd on a couple of characters in a team, even a whole team.

Ninferno

That probably is the reason why, 300 SP cost compared to 225.

You meant 150. 225 (150 * 1.5) is the inherited cost.

And yes, double rallies' 300 SP cost is great for score. What's even better is that some of them are available at 4*; this makes 4* Rodericks and Oscars the absolute gold mines for score boosting. Had I got an excess of them I will definitely put double rallies on my Askran trio. It will make battles more difficult for sure because it means losing some Reposition capability but the score boost will be worth it.

Random characters I fought during my Arena Assault run.

A couple of things, replace Triangle Adept with Distant Counter and that's the other Axe Azura I fought which is probably better.

I never saw a regular Azura like usual, it's all Axe Azura I see now.

It's always usual to see characters with the support skill Rally Def/Res or Rally Atk/Spd on a couple of characters in a team, even a whole team.

I like that elincia I was thinking of running galeforce on mine too.

Had a few matches worth 692 and 696 in my Arena streak. If I had cherry picked, I would have scored between 4844 and 4872. Either of those scores would be an all-time high.

My current perfect streak is 4818 because of numerous 686 matches. This score isn't high enough to get me into tier 20. I've been there twice already, so I already "won" the game as far as I'm concerned. Arena Assault will be the main attraction for me. I got my 578 Defense score already and will coast.

Do you think that more Arena tiers will be added in the future? I don't have much motivation to try hard anymore. Intelligent Systems should let us know what's going on in general because this a dry period.

Top Bottom