• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Nohar

I'd say that's fine. What's the rest of your pulls?

• Hinata 3*
  • Oboro 3*
  • Wrys 4*
  • Azama 4*
Didn't pull anything after this. Still have 32 orbs and counting (as I am doing the story battles absentmindedly in auto-combat).
Also got a free Narcian 4*, for some reason.

Tripon

• Hinata 3*
  • Oboro 3*
  • Wrys 4*
  • Azama 4*
Didn't pull anything after this. Still have 32 orbs and counting (as I am doing the story battles absentmindedly in auto-combat).
Also got a free Narcian 4*, for some reason.

Narcian was a free unit because of some contest. Make you sure pull on your free summon on the other banner with Ephraim, Peri and Raven. The first summon won't cost any orbs.

bigzgod

I never had problems with Bridelia, I think Nino is more problematic than her.
And lol, with the proper setup almost every unit can kill everything.

Except Nino requires far more setup than Bridelia and the AI almost never stays in formation. The fact that you have more trouble with Nino is surprising, considering how much her kill potential dips when she's not buffed.

Unbuffed Bridelia only fails to kill 5 heroes and loses to 6. Fully buffed Nino fails to kill 6 and loses to 6.

The optimal strategy for both units will always be to kill in PP regardless.

Nohar

Narcian was a free unit because of some contest. Make you sure pull on your free summon on the other banner with Ephraim, Peri and Raven. The first summon won't cost any orbs.

Oh, didn't know we had one free pull per banner. Nice.
Got Effie 4* and Jagen 4*.

Roman

Except Nino requires far more setup than Bridelia and the AI almost never stays in formation. The fact that you have more trouble with Nino is surprising, considering how much her kill potential dips when she's not buffed.

Unbuffed Bridelia only fails to kill 5 heroes and loses to 6. Fully buffed Nino fails to kill 6 and loses to 6.

Unlike Cordelia, Nino has a color and DC Reds are very abundantly used on offense teams.

Sushen

Here is how I found my peace with atk- Elincia. Upon checking numbers, she won't be the red Cordelia that I hoped her to be. But, she'll do fine to play her role as a red sword with only a few exceptions. Luckily, I finally pulled an atk+ 4* Cordelia. So, Elincia will play supporting role with goad flier. Not the best, but manageable, I think.

NSESN

Nino can actually tank Reinhardt depending on the build while bridelia dies to everything.

Alkez

So I've spent around 200 orbs with no banner unit. I'm wondering if I should just stop here as it doesn't seem to be happening this time round? (My pity rate has already been broken once) I wanted Elincia for my fliers but maybe I should just wait for the (very likely) Halloween flying red mage?

bigzgod

Nino can actually tank Reinhardt depending on the build while bridelia dies to everything.

Irrelevant. The player won't use a unbuffed Rein to engage on a defensive Nino.

Players will always be at an advantage vs. defensive setups. In most engagements, the player should be winning out, since they won't be engaging sub-optimally nor are they bound by certain AI rulesets.

Isn't Faye a 5* only unit. The likelihood of running to a firesweep Bridelia is pretty low.

I have one, I should use her more.

It's not really that low. The higher up you go, the more likely you are to see FS variants of Bridelia vs. her BB+ counterpart. The same goes for BLyn really. You'll start to see her running FS and CA at certain points as well. It's why hard counters should shy away from TA Raven, since it is a legitimate possibility.

NSESN

Irrelevant. The player won't use a unbuffed Rein to engage on a defensive Nino.

Players will always be at an advantage vs. defensive setups. In most engagements, the player should be winning out, since they won't be engaging sub-optimally nor are they bound by certain AI rulesets.

It's not really that low. The higher up you go, the more likely you are to see FS variants of Bridelia vs. her BB+ counterpart. The same goes for BLyn really. You'll start to see her running FS and CA at certain points as well. It's why hard counters should shy away from TA Raven, since it is a legitimate possibility.
It still relevant. Nino is a high tier unit that can be used to check one of biggest threats. Bridelia is almost useless in the enemy phase.
Regardless it is just a problem for my team.

Firemind

I did something I'll probably not do for a while: I allowed BLyn to eat my 5* Klein for the Brave Bow+ and.....I'm just not seeing it. I actually feel as though my ability to kill things is weakened going the brave bow route.
She needs a Hone Cavalry to reliably 2HKO most non-bulky units. Mages are easy targets because of their low defense, fliers are even easier and melee units can't attack back. Use Moonbow or Luna since you get higher damage than Draconic Aura off Brave Bow since your attack will be lower than with Mulagir.

bigzgod

It still relevant. Nino is a high tier unit that can be used to check one of biggest threats. Bridelia is almost useless in the enemy phase.

The biggest threat won't be running without some kind of buff, which functionally makes it an irrelevant comparison, especially since a player controlled Rein won't engage on her under unfavorable terms to begin with, if he doesn't have a buff.

Bridelia's role on a defense isn't to do any EP regardless. I'm not sure why you think that's relevant. Having a marginally better EP isn't that useful on defense when the player has the absolute choice in how to engage and when to engage on the first turn.

NSESN

The biggest threat won't be running without some kind of buff, which functionally makes it an irrelevant comparison, especially since a player controlled Rein won't engage on her under unfavorable terms to begin with, if he doesn't have a buff.

Bridelia's role on a defense isn't to do any EP regardless. I'm not sure why you think that's relevant. Having a marginally better EP isn't that useful on defense when the player has the absolute choice in how to engage and when to engage on the first turn.
I am just saying that from my experience Bridelia isn't hard to deal with.

Sushen

I have atk- Elincia, atk- S! Camilla, atk+ Cordelia, Michalis, Camilla, spd- S!Corrin and Valter(?)

What would be a good flier team? I don't have any horn flier but 2 goad and 2 fortify flier.

Achtius

I have atk- Elincia, atk- S! Camilla, atk+ Cordelia, Michalis, Camilla, spd- S!Corrin and Valter(?)

What would be a good flier team? I don't have any horn flier but 2 goad and 2 fortify flier.

TA raven Scam, Elincia, cordelia and michalis/valter

that would be my team if i have scam....

Well, I've basically hit my score caps. I can't really get higher scores in any Arena mode until I get some more merges done.

I can't finish in the top 5000 for Arena Assault, so I'll just stick with 19 Sacred Coins every week. That's what I've been getting the whole time. I have two Defenses in Regular Arena, and I'll happily demote to tier 19.

bigzgod

I am just saying that from my experience Bridelia isn't hard to deal with.

On her own, she's not. I've found her to be more effective on a defensive team that can also counter punish aggression.

If you can deter first turn aggression, the odds of a defensive win jump up against the average player.

Frankly, my defense has never been set up to deal with top players to begin with, since I recognize that the top players will likely be able to get a deathless regardless. My goal is to get a defensive win on the average player, since it costs you nothing for a defensive loss and maximizes my odds of getting that 900 feathers. Thus, toxic as fuck defenses.

Tripon

Pull back or hit and run for Cordelia?

Pull back is easier to get, but limited if the enemy can't be pulled back and won't work. Hit and run is goddamn broken.

I'm put hit and run on all of my fliers if I can, with pull back as a fall back option.

But you'll likely be swimming in so many Gwen's anyway since she is a one of the few 3 star lancers and she comes with pull back at 3 star.

Just got a +atk -def Elincia. Pretty neat because I was trying to pull Nephenee but had a pull that was all reds and greens. I already have most of the decent fliers,so I can make a team easy but I think it would be a hassle to use in arena with Blyn running around.

Pull back or hit and run for Cordelia?

Hit and Run is highly recommended as the pure survival choice. I put it on my Cordelia. Drag Back is good as a second choice, I have that on Cherche where it usually is the same as Hit and Run. Other strategies like with Roderick (where Drag Back is standard) might assume the enemy survives at times and is brought in towards others to kill. That can be fun too.

El Sloth

Banned
Hey, I only lurk here usually, but I was wondering if someone would mind giving me some advice on a build:

I have a Clive whom I want to give a Firesweep L+, but it seems all the usual Firesweep builds prioritize speed where I plan on prioritizing his defense with Fortress Defense since Clive has fairly shit speed. Is this a mistake? I want to do something fun with Clive but I'm not sure what.

PK Gaming

Hey, I only lurk here usually, but I was wondering if someone would mind giving me some advice on a build:

I have a Clive whom I want to give a Firesweep L+, but it seems all the usual Firesweep builds prioritize speed where I plan on prioritizing his defense with Fortress Defense since Clive has fairly shit speed. Is this a mistake? I want to do something fun with Clive but I'm not sure what.

Huge mistake; Firesweep Lance+ is great for killing foes without fear of retaliation. Perfect for those fast and powerful yet frail units. Clive is just way too slow to double, so you can't really kill anything (which is bad, because its puts you at risk of Wings of Mercy). Plus, no matter how bulky Clive is, he's frail on the magic side, and still vulnerable to physical green units no matter what.

You're much better off focusing on a Brave Lance+ build with him. This way, he has the power to finish off foes in one shot, and his natural defense makes it harder for (physical) enemies to kill him after he kills something.

Scum

Hit and Run is highly recommended as the pure survival choice. I put it on my Cordelia. Drag Back is good as a second choice, I have that on Cherche where it usually is the same as Hit and Run. Other strategies like with Roderick (where Drag Back is standard) might assume the enemy survives at times and is brought in towards others to kill. That can be fun too.

Goddammit! I merged my Clairs!
8AQWE0u.png

ggx2ac

If I can consistently stay in the top 1000 for Arena Assault, I can get 10k feathers per week.

6,400 feathers per week from Tier 20 in arena with all rewards gained.

4,000 feathers per week from Arena Assault from getting into the top 1000.

This is very nice because I am needing feathers to build up 5* units for counters in Arena Assault.

I just finished up a Triangle Adept F. Robin for Reinhardt, although Gronnwolf is also good for cavalry. Why do I need Triangle Adept? F. Robin's Res is very low to tank Reinhardt's attacks.

A couple of more units I want to do next to build up my Arena Assault teams include getting a 5* Felicia to have some mage killers and getting a 5* Raigh with Triangle Adept for Cecilia.

Of course both Raigh and F. Robin would be handy against Brave Lyn for getting a 50% damage bonus, I may have to throw Bow Breaker on them to ensure they get the kill.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I did something I'll probably not do for a while: I allowed BLyn to eat my 5* Klein for the Brave Bow+ and.....I'm just not seeing it. I actually feel as though my ability to kill things is weakened going the brave bow route.
You need to play her next to someone with Hone Cavalry, then proceed to murder everything.

Go on...

But yeah, you could put R-raven+ on her and Bow/R-tome breaker and she'll tank and take out colourless units and some mages just fine.

That's basically it. Put together a cheap build of Raven (not even +) and Bow Breaker and moonbow and she destroys Lyn and has enough in the tank to go after greens as well. Great arena assault unit.

ggx2ac

That's basically it. Put together a cheap build of Raven (not even +) and Bow Breaker and moonbow and she destroys Lyn and has enough in the tank to go after greens as well. Great arena assault unit.

I still need more red mages but I might go making a 5* Sophia before making a 5* Lilina for that reason.

Only reason I went for Raigh first is that he has an anti-cavalry tome.

I would probably need R-raven+ for Sophia because I am having to counter level 50 units with a level 40 character, so I need to make sure I have enough attack to make up the difference.

lt519

Who should I make the 4th member of Horse Emblem B? Right now it's B!Lyn, B!Roy, Blade Cecilia and...

5* Mathilda, Peri, Clive or 4* Abel.

I love Ridersbane+ and Mathilda's resistance but I can see that Peri has better overall stats.

I'm willing to invest just about anything besides my only Hector for Distant Counter.

Just finished Armor emblem with 5* Effie, Zeph, Hector, and Amelia, so excited. Spent 40k bringing up Effie and Zephiel but need to spend another 20k getting Effie a Brave Lance+.

ggx2ac

Oh yeah, I could probably use Quick Riposte rather than a weapon breaker skill since Sophia has pretty good Def and Res, the only downside is that I don't know if she'd be able to handle a B. Lyn with Brave Bow+.

Mr. Virus

Who should I make the 4th member of Horse Emblem B? Right now it's B!Lyn, B!Roy, Blade Cecilia and...

5* Mathilda, Peri, Clive or 4* Abel.

I love Ridersbane+ and Mathilda's resistance but I can see that Peri has better overall stats.

I'm willing to invest just about anything besides my only Hector for Distant Counter.

Just finished Armor emblem with 5* Effie, Zeph, Hector, and Amelia, so excited. Spent 40k bringing up Effie and Zephiel but need to spend another 20k getting Effie a Brave Lance+.

What's your Abel's boon/bane? He runs a Brave Lance+ build pretty well, espcially after some horse buffs. I have a +atk/-spd one that goes 50/30 offensively after a Hone Cavalry, there there's Goads, Death Blow and supports after that.

Clive's okay as a physical wall I guess, but pretty slow and no DC means you can probably find a better unit for your blue slot.

I got 5* Mathilda with +RES/-SPD from the free summon.

-SPD is pretty poor, but -ATK seems to be worse for her due to the extra drop. I can get extra damage off of Iceberg, but I'm still a little wary of leveling her up. Free Ridersbane+ and Cancel Affinity 3 is not bad at all if I decide to sack her.

I'll have to decide which skill is more important for inheritance.

Firemind

I use the same team and Azura with WoM3. Sometimes Roy goes all the way so it's nice to have a dancer who can reach him and finish the last unit off. BLyn only needs Hone buff so you can give her Fortify. Roy can live without Fortify cav buff, so I give Azura Fortify Def 3 and Fortify Res 1 for that extra boost. Hone Atk is overkill when you have two Hone Cav.

ggx2ac

Tharja appeared, ruined my chance of getting Elincia.

On the other hand, I have enough Tharjas to get her to level 50.

However... I'd probably have to stop her at Lv 40+9 because I don't have the best of boons/banes.

I have her with Atk Up/HP Down but, I think she might be better with Spd Up/Def Down.

Oh and, I never planned on getting so many Tharjas, she just kept appearing. Especially with how they flipped the rates that 4* characters are more likely now. It basically changed everything for me when I based stuff around 3* units appearing the most until the change happened.

It's also just like how I have a level 40+6 Lucina, but I don't use her. I just happen to have her because she keeps appearing.

Shinypogs

I need it to be October so I can pull again. Please let October have a month long Halloween or harvest festival banner, I need to spend the 300+ orbs I'll have by then. I want so many more units for my various teams and skill fodder.

Top Bottom