• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

explodet

Why not normal LnD3 Celica with her default tome?

I often see LnD3 Celica with default tome + Regeneration in arena.
Zei5HCH.png

PK Gaming

Because waifu.

It's not even just because of that.

Nephenee's far more likeable / fun unit to have. Not that Oscar's bad, but he only works in his games; the thing that makes him compelling is his relationship with his brothers, without that it's a "who gives a shit" type of situation.

Plus there are 1000000000 blue cavalry units, and he doesn't come with any unique weapons. Neph's another Lancer, but she has a Wrath and the Slaying Lance, which is dope.

NSESN

Nephenee's far more likeable / fun unit to have. Not that Oscar's bad, but he only works in his games; the thing that makes him compelling is his relationship with his brothers, without that it's a "who gives a shit" type of situation.

Plus there are 1000000000 blue cavalry units, and he doesn't come with any unique weapons. Neph's another Lancer, but she has a Wrath and the Slaying Lance, which is dope.

But Oscar have the best offensive stats of a cavalry lancer. Nephenee is outclassed by a lot of units.

I hope she becomes 4* so I can give wrath to other units.

PK Gaming

But Oscar have the best offensive stats of a cavalry lancer. Nephenee is outclassed by a lot of units.

Too bad i'd have to invest in Brave Lance+ and Death Blow, which is a major expenditure. And besides, Neph's fine as a F2P unit. Hardly a character outclassed by a lot of units.

Also she definitely won't drop. That's a guarantee.

NSESN

Too bad i'd have to invest in Brave Lance+ and Death Blow, which is a major expenditure. And besides, Neph's fine as a F2P unit. Hardly a character outclassed by a lot of units.

Also she definitely won't drop. That's a guarantee.
After Amelia not dropping they could give us a bone.

Tripon

I don't see Neph dropping to 4*, that's clearly Oscar's role. I can see Spur Spd/Def 2 being the skill that IS wants to spread out more as well if Oscar is at 4*.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

What infantry lancer outclass her?

Brave Lucina for sure, and Effie if you count armors, who else though?

Shito

Nephenee's far more likeable / fun unit to have.
Yep, I'm not a fan of putting fury on every unit, but the fury/wrath synergy sounds really fun to me, and that's probably how I'm gonna build her.
Don't really care about the pure stats game, I'm building units to have fun with them, and on that front she brings something to the table!

Divvy

No one outside of Lucina. She's a fast Lukas with a bit less defense.

Yeah, I'm looking at the one I summoned, and her stats are pretty amazing, she just needs an HP seal to patch up her health a bit.

On another note, I have an idea for a Camilla build since I've had a 5* one since forever but never use her due to her really low attack stat and being -spd on top of that

But she's green, has a huge amount of res and is a flyer so she can be a great Reinhardt counter. If you have a +hp or +res one like me, a +10 deathblow Rein needs BOTH a hone and a goad to kill her.

I'm going to try putting Defiant Attack on her to help patch up her abysmal attack stat, especially while using Brave Axe+. The Defiant skills' main weakness is how risky it is getting your unit down below 50% without getting them killed, but by using Camilla to bait Rein on turn 1, it guarantees her to safely drop into Defiant atk range, giving her +7 attack for the counter kill the next turn. Then you have a +7 attack Camilla flying around for the rest of the battle.

This is really only for Arena Assault, I don't think I would ever use this build for the regular arena or anything, but I'm having to come up with as many Rein and Lyn counters as I can since Arena Assault is infested with them. It's actually really fun revisiting some heroes I've overlooked to find new niches for them.

She has 8 HP less than Lukas tho.

Forgot how much HP he has.

I wouldn't use Neph over Lucina or Azura, you're right. Certainly don't need any more lancers.

Anyway, I made the mistake of calculating how much I've spent on the game since it released and I feel a bit disgusted on myself right now. Spent just over
500 flim flams
and I never really felt like I'd ever bought my luck if that makes sense. If I knew from the outset that Brave Ike would cost me $50 and I could just spend that much and that'd be it I'm certain I wouldn't go for it. The worst part is I spent more and didn't get shit.

It took me a solid 3 weeks convince myself to buy the XCOM 2 expansion and that only cost 30 bucks.

Divvy

In a word that Azura, Lancina, and million flier lancers exist I would say there are a lot of units that can do her job better.

She has 8 HP less than Lukas tho.

I don't really think Neph and Azura occupy the same role at all, but you are right that they compete for the blue lancer slot.

But I don't care about that

because I don't have an Azura :(

Eidjinn

So, now that this game has been released a while ago, how does it hold up? I want something to keep me occupied while in transports (including subway with no internet connection): will it do the trick? I'm trying to avoid gacha games (really hate gacha), but I'm OK with them as long as it is free-to-play enough to not necessitate buying anything (never spent money on such games, and I don't plan to do so now or later).

So, is it fun? I think the game was so-so at release. Did it improve significantly?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I thought the game was meh at lauch, and have being logging in just to get orbs and stuff. I would summon from time to time just for the heck of it.
Well, 3 weeks ago I decided to really get into the inherit system and, wow, what a difference does it make!
I used to get beaten in the very second map of tempest trials, my arena standing was not that high... and 3 weeks later, I discovered that I had almost all the good units necessary to build good/great teams, I summoned a lot in the last banner and I'm really having fun building a horse team and a new "all around" team.
The game is a lot more fun, at least for me. You just have to get yourself immersed in all the mechanics. It's very rewarding, at least in my opinion!

Shito

In a world of Chain Challenge, Squad Assault, TT and AA, it's not a question of "or" but it's all about "and".
Neph is not the best lancer unit, but she's a damn good addition to the roster. I don't get why people care so much about "the best one" when IS has been expanding the game to make it about having a deep and varied box of characters.

In a world of Chain Challenge, Squad Assault, TT and AA, it's not a question of "or" but it's all about "and".
Neph is not the best lancer unit, but she's a damn good addition to the roster. I don't get why people care so much about "the best one" when IS has been expanding the game to make it about having a deep and varied box of characters.

Exactly.

NSESN

I agree. My point is that I don't undertand the people that are disappointed of pulling Oscar that is even better than her.

Shito

I agree. My point is that I don't undertand the people that are disappointed of pulling Oscar that is even better than her.
I think that the fact that she demands less resources to make a build that is more fun, even if stat-wise is less effective, than Oscar was an interesting answer to this point. ;)

PK Gaming

Nephenee's far more likeable / fun unit to have. Not that Oscar's bad, but he only works in his games; the thing that makes him compelling is his relationship with his brothers, without them he's the definition of a "who gives a shit" type of character.

Plus, I mean look at his design. Mega bland.

B.Roy has been a huge help in completing the Chain Challenges.

Ch.11 went better than expected. Everyone wanted Klein's ass in "Mountain of Fear" for some reason. I only have Ch.11&12, Ch.13, and Para.9&10 left. 10 orbs.

kewlmyc

Looking at the wikia for Anna, I swore Brave Axe+ was recommended at some point, but now it's not, her default weapon is. Did something change?

Sushen

It's been months since I got 4 defenses. Apparently, my team works well against BLyn, which I didn't intend to, haha.

My defense score is always around 580ish. How do people get more than that?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I didn't know what to do with the mountain of feathers that were accruing so decided to promote my +ATK/-HP 4 star reinhardt and merge my built Reinhardt into him, who was +HP/-Def to create the OG Monster. An extra 6 damage is no joke.

Still got 20k feathers but maybe I'll wait til Black Knight since I'll probably need feathers to get him some sweet skills.

bigzgod

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a terrible person for trying to make my defense team as toxic as possible but then I look at my 900 feathers every week and feel better.

Shinypogs

I wish I had a genny and an Elise so I could run a wrathfull staff healer. Although healers get fucked by people trying to counter bow users atm.

I've long since given up on getting defenses in the arena. The only time I got them regularly was when flier emblem was hyper popular and leaving merric and a dancer on the defense meant something was gonna die.

I should actually build out my Merric someday. He was my first 5 star and carried hard for a long time especially with fem corrin support. He's plus hp and minus res so outside of like m robin he dies to pretty much all other mages but he's tanky and fast enough to deal with physical units.

Is there any reason not to merge my spare spring camillas into my good one? They really don't seem to have anything else anyone would wanna inherit but I may be overlooking something. I ask since my ta2 gronnraven spring Camilla is getting use again in arena assault to kill bow Lyn. She is hilariously also minus res. A good portion of all my 5 star units and especially mages are minus res like IS is offended by the idea that a mage might not oneshot them

Tried a couple times for Nephenee but got an Oscar and 5* Abel instead. Sure, why not. Needed some cavs on this second account anyway.

Have a couple of defense wins this week on the main. Seems to be every other week I get some wins, either pure luck or getting the right bait. Not sure. I change up the team each day if no hits.

What's better for Horse Emblem? Camus or Oscar? Also, Cecilia or Titania for my green cavalry?

Oscar is better than Camus stat wise but Cam does have a DC weapon. Titania and Cecilia don't really serve the same purpose. If you need someone to tank blue damage that's what Titania is for. Cecilia is for blowing stuff up.

Wiseblade

Oscar is definitely being slept on. He has better offensive stats than Camus, Roderick and Peri, making him the best Player Phase Cavalry Lance. Peri and Camus preserve niches for themselves with superior Res and a DC weapon respectively, but everyone else is left in the cold.

bigzgod

I need examples. Haven't gotten a defense win this week yet.

I ran a Cancel Affinity +atk BB+ Bridelia with QP, a dancer, and a unit with infantry pulse for most of the week. Bridelia had Luna precharged to activate on the 2nd Brave hit. I'm actually considering running IP on my dancer as well, so I can have Luna completely charged to cover most variants of BIke as well, simply for maximum toxicity.

I ran into a +10 BB+ Lyn. What the fuck? I ran that dudes build and she legit kills everyone in the game with horse buffs. Only Ike and Zephiel survive and she gets Zephiel down you 3 HP in two hits.

ggx2ac

It's getting to the end of the season.

For comparison:

Currently in arena, I have 5022 points and ranked 811.

However, in arena assault, I have 5020 points and ranked 617.

Roman

Well that was a waste of whatever unit I sacrificed to Anna a while back.

I'm very sorry about that and it's a primary reason why I'm working very diligently on the build pages. About a week ago we added builds for every unit and have removed builds we wouldn't recommend but a lot of text is still missing.

We've recruited a lot of new writers lately so there's going to be continued progress.

Kettch

Picked up a +SPD - DEF Elincia tonight, pretty close to ideal. I've been really lucky with IVs on this new account. My +SPD -DEF/HP Brave Lyn and Brave Roy have already been murdering everything.

Shinypogs

When getting Fortify cavs from Camus and S support boost from Lyn, Xander has 48 defense.* Bless his slow little heart that man walls like he wants to be part of armor emblem. I need to swap vantage off him for qr3 but I'm down to 80k feathers so I am trying to hold off on expensive upgrades/ skill fodder especially since ninian needs wom3 more than xander needs to swap vantage out.

*50 if being attacked at range since he's holding the distant defense seal.

Firemind

When getting Fortify cavs from Camus and S support boost from Lyn, Xander has 48 defense.* Bless his slow little heart that man walls like he wants to be part of armor emblem. I need to swap vantage off him for qr3 but I'm down to 80k feathers so I am trying to hold off on expensive upgrades/ skill fodder especially since ninian needs wom3 more than xander needs to swap vantage out.
Cain has WoM3 at 4*

Alkez

When you have your 4.25% pity rate broken by dupe Alm. Literally used all my orbs. Gacha is cruel sometimes...

I have a 5* rein who is +spd and -res, I also have 2 4* Reins, 1 neutral and 1 +Atk -Res, I have no other units i'd want to upgrade atm, so would it be smart to upgrade the +Atk and merge it?

Got my best, deathless AA run to date. In the top 5,000 right now. Probably won't stay there but it's nice to see.

Summer Frederick with Bowbreaker and the Hardy Bearing seal make quick work of most Brave Lyns and Bridal Cordelias, as well as picking off any straggling units relying on Vantage. I'm happy to find a niche for him. 👍

Apenheul

Finally beat Robin Mystery Tactician on Lunatic. My team was Kagero, Nino, Olivia and Ninian and I needed to give Kagero summoning support level B to survive one more hit. Olivia sandwiched Robin and then Kagero delivered the final blow.

Top Bottom