• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

I think that will get you there. I have a lower score on my alt that had to use Legion and even that score may get in. Next week I am toast though.

Haha I did it with a 4* Legion, burnt 6-7 crests cherry picking matchups. I never actually used him, but he is a decent character for Arena Assault. I've used him against blue heavy teams.

Still can't decide on what to do with my new 5* Cecilia. I like Fury more than the DBs but I built her mostly to help deal with Chain Challenges so the HP loss stings. I'm trying to build another horse emblem team since the mage flyers still avoid me like the plague.

Sushen

Upon further checking, I realize my spd- SCorrin is roughly similar to atk- SCamilia. Almost feels like it's my destiny, haha. Within a flier team and blarblade, she should be fine but will never be the death machine I hoped her to be. Oh well, life goes on.

explodet

Upon further checking, I realize my spd- SCorrin is roughly similar to atk- SCamilia. Almost feels like it's my destiny, haha. Within a flier team and blarblade, she should be fine but will never be the death machine I hoped her to be. Oh well, life goes on.
I'm in the same boat: -SPD Summer Corrin, -ATK Spring Camilla.

Not a single Hone Flyers pulled yet though, so it's even a more weaksauce flying team right now.

Haha I did it with a 4* Legion, burnt 6-7 crests cherry picking matchups. I never actually used him, but he is a decent character for Arena Assault. I've used him against blue heavy teams.

Still can't decide on what to do with my new 5* Cecilia. I like Fury more than the DBs but I built her mostly to help deal with Chain Challenges so the HP loss stings. I'm trying to build another horse emblem team since the mage flyers still avoid me like the plague.

May i interest you in TA3+Renewal 3 and Reciprocal Aid Xander? He crushes TT and CC and keeps the other horses up and running.

Crazy how good and easy to set up Horse Emblem is that people are creating a second one for AA.

lt519

May i interest you in TA3+Renewal 3 and Reciprocal Aid Xander? He crushes TT and CC and keeps the other horses up and running.

Crazy how good and easy to set up Horse Emblem is that people are creating a second one for AA.

I did something similar to get up to the final chain challenge. Had renewal on Xander but Reciprocal Aid on Titania and her sole job was to balance the teams HP. Worked really well that I might give her Renewal as well. Also cheap on the no turn requirement maps you can just end turns and heal the team up fully before starting the fight.

Was hoping adding another horse emblem team would make CC11&12 10 battle easier. It's sad that the AI stats and emplacement are so jacked up my Nino and Celica are basically worthless without a dancer.

I forgot that there aren't anymore free daily orbs until 8/22. Why?

Also my +Atk/-Spd Klein is doing great things. -Spd is a downer but oh well. He almost makes up for me not getting Bridal Cordelia.

Alucrid

Banned
i think the period to get the orbs goes longer than 10 days but there's only 10 sets of 2 orbs available to pick up during that period. it restarts on the 22nd

lt519

Just pulled an Amelia from Tempest orbs, woohoo. -HP/+RES, not ideal but not bad either. Not sure what to do with her but it's my first good armor pull (Sheena is pretty meh and is totally outclassed by Amelia). I don't have a Hector or Effie to play off of her, but one day maybe.

Back to hoarding.

Sushen

Since I blew like 40+k feathers for inheritance today, I had decided to actually beat infernal legion map for 2k feathers.

Actually, with 2 dancers, Sanaki, and Bridelia, it turned out to be very easy as in none of my units took single hit.

https://youtu.be/n7QyMNoy8Fw for those who still struggles but got Sanaki, 2 dancers and a good archer.

Mupod

pVVVKjE.jpg

I made a thing

Sushen

The grind for the flier team will easily take me two weeks. Hopefully in time for the focus unit switch. I miss Hinoka more than any unit atm.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tempest Trail 2x Bonus * Double SP Weekend * Valor Skills = 24 SP Per Kill

I don't care that they kinda suck, Clive and Berkut are going to have so much SP. Berkut is already at 2700, and Clive is at 800. I started using Clive last night, and maxed out all his builtin skills and gave him a few more (Reposition, Sword Breaker, Ward Cavalry)

Alucrid

Banned
i just realized is fucked us over. with the 6 new sov characters only 2 were made 4 star while previous 6 unit releases had 3 made 4 stars.

i just realized is fucked us over. with the 6 new sov characters only 2 were made 4 star while previous 6 unit releases had 3 made 4 stars.

They really need to be adding more to the lower rarity pools. Sonya seemed like a good candidate from the SoV cast since her tome is pretty much Wo Dao and Athena is 4 star already. Gray and Saber aren't all that remarkable either since either. Should have started showing up as well. Celica, Delthea and and Genny kind of seem worthy of their 5 star status
says the guy just missing Sonya.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I am low on orbs right now and clicked the wrong banner by accident. Luck was on my side because I got Hector using my last 5 orbs.
Edit: He's Def+ and Res-, not sure if that's good or bad because of the Res bane.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I am low on orbs right now and clicked the wrong banner by accident. Luck was on my side because I got Hector using my last 5 orbs.
Edit: He's Def+ and Res-, not sure if that's good or bad because of the Res bane.
He's just an unkillable physical wall (except by fury/triangle adept Xander and other bulky reds.

So I made an attempt for Tana, and was presented with no blue Orbs and I tapped the colorless and got Innes. Pretty cool except he is -spd. At least he is +atk. I think I am going to do Fury 3+Vantage 3 to capitalize on his high atk and weapon mt and weapon ability and let mages walk into him. Especially nice if Iceberg triggers on vantage. Will be a great counter pick for mage heavy teams. So I am not too worried about the -spd especially because of his legendary weapon effect.

I did notice one thing about Nidhogg's ability. I kinda love its affect, but I noticed against fliers the effect is actually 3x number of adjacent allies instead of 2x. Not that it matters as he destroys them anyway. Just a weird thing in that I am not sure what or why it is that way. Maybe because the damage multiplier to fliers is 1.5 and 1.5 of 2 is 3?

Sushen

It's probably the reason behind the 4* rate increase. Everybody would just be stuck getting the same old 3* as they keep increasing the 4* pool without adding to the 3*s.
I don't see much reason for 3* or less. You just have cough up 2k feathers to get skills you need. Anyway, having right fodder available at right time is getting more and more challenging.

kewlmyc

Been SP training with Bride Cordelia on Tempest Trials. With two dancers and a healer, she can clear entire runs by herself. Holy shit. Nothing stops her, except the occasional wary fighter Effie.

Been SP training with Bride Cordelia on Tempest Trials. With two dancers and a healer, she can clear entire runs by herself. Holy shit. Nothing stops her, except the occasional wary fighter Effie.

Yeah I upgraded mine as well and used her for my tempest runs. Even with speed bane she was bodying just about everything (hone and drive attack probably helped). Easy 150+ SP for 20 stamina

Looks like I've exhausted most of the orb sources available and still no Sonya. Would have been happy with any since I just wanted to complete the mage trio. Now to start hoarding again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I noticed that I had 60k feathers and I guess I'd thought I'd ask for any opinions on which three 4* characters to make 5*?
http://imgur.com/a/aWw5c

I was thinking of Lissa since she's been my main healer, but I have no idea really. I've just been trying to grind the 30k points in this event (they seem to have made it easier this time around compared to the last one).

Wichu

I noticed that I had 60k feathers and I guess I'd thought I'd ask for any opinions on which three 4* characters to make 5*?

I was thinking of Lissa since she's been my main healer, but I have no idea really. I've just been trying to grind the 30k points in this event (they seem to have made it easier this time around compared to the last one).

You should check your units' boons/banes (or, to borrow Pokémon terms, IVs/nature). You'll feel bad spending 20000 feathers only to find out you've promoted a -Atk armour knight or a -Spd mage.

I would consider spending 66600 to upgrade Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna to 5*. They're always in the Arena bonus unit rotation, they're needed for the GHB quests, and they're all pretty solid units (Alfonse less so as you have Ryoma). The starter units all have neutral natures, so you don't risk accidentally promoting a bad one.

Otherwise, I think Effie, Cordelia, and Nino are my favourites out of your 4*s. You should also think about promoting some 3*s - as you already have a 5* Cecilia, you could try building towards a cavalry team by promoting Xander (who as a GHB unit also always has a neutral nature).

Healers don't really benefit much from promotion - they don't gain any new healing skills, and the increased stats don't matter if they're not getting into combat. Lissa isn't a particularly strong healer due to her low speed meaning she'll get doubled a lot.

Nino, Cordelia and your 3* Xander.

Your Ephraim dreams of working with a blade tome user like Nino and Nino see her fullest potential by being next to Ephraim for buffs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, I didn't think of my other characters. Here's the rest of them for reference:
http://imgur.com/a/4kAKr

So I can get by with Lissa/healers at 4*? Or is it basically about zerging enemies so you don't need to heal?

Also what do I do with dupes? I'm assuming I can level up the dupe Camilla and use both, but what about the dupes of lower rarity? Merge them?

Healers are good for multi map content such as Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges but for single map content it's better to just zerg units down with hard counters.

I would prioritize Xander for upgrade because at 5* he gets a legendary weapon with built in distant counter. For duplicate heroes you want to save them for skill inheritance. For example if you give Xander Quick Riposte from a Subaki he will always attack the enemy twice during the enemy's phase.

xequalsy

Been thinking, and I hope they bring some of the better limited units back for either New Years or the 1st Anniversary or something. I don't think there's anyone else released yet that would go in a Hero Fest. Maybe any green dancers they release?

Unless they manage to powercreep out Bridelia, S!Camilla and S!Corrin that is. Then don't bother I guess :p

limited units can return at one point in the future, when the themed season for that year begins. after all, they didn't forget to put "they might be return later" note on those banners. without those, they can't do rerun limited banner by law
since intsys have no problem in running multiple gacha banner at same time there's not much problem of cutting new banner for that themed season short, or delaying the rerun outside that seasonal period
also intsys pls dun pull cygames and do summer banner repeat during winter and try to justify it

ggx2ac

Gave Klein Luna since it's better for his low attack compared to Glimmer.

For comparison, my Sanaki now has Iceberg but she had Glimmer too. Because of her high attack and Triangle Adept, I've seen her deal 100 dmg with Glimmer. Was curious about how high it would go if I had Astra.

That was roughly 67 x 1.5 = 100

Astra iirc would be 67 x 2.5 = 168

That much damage isn't necessarily needed though. But who knows, maybe there will be a huge sponge for a boss fight with 200 health.

Sushen

That much damage isn't necessarily needed though. But who knows, maybe there will be a huge sponge for a boss fight with 200 health.
That's ridiculous, but I can see IS doing it by year's end as a GHB stage. I wonder what kind of OP unit will be available by then as well.

Alucrid

Banned
still having trouble with ch 11 and 12 man. can get past the mountain but when i switch off to my horse team that one map where everyone has horse killer weapons and no on wants to move sucks

Depends on what your team needs, honestly. Xander is a great physical tank for horse emblem when you're on those maps where the enemies don't approach (just avoid non green mages). He also laughs at Hector so he's good for arena.

Quick Riposte makes up for his low speed by letting him double too.

Kenai

So if I am planning on using Palla/SCorrin/SCammilla/Hinoka for my flier team (no Minerva) is it recommended to do Fortify on the two casters and leave Gode and Hone on Palla/Hinoka respectively?

So if I am planning on using Palla/SCorrin/SCammilla/Hinoka for my flier team (no Minerva) is it recommended to do Fortify on the two casters and leave Gode and Hone on Palla/Hinoka respectively?

If you're running Blarblade/Gronnblade, you might want it the other way round. As in Goad on the casters and Fortify on Palla.

That way, both your casters get the start-of-turn buffs from Hone and Fortify to maximise the damage from the Blade tomes.

Whereas the physical units don't really need Fortify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom