• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kireek

Really tempted to roll again but I feel like Im just better off waiting until there's a new banner with Tharja as a focus of something. Especially with how incredibly stingy this game seems to be with giving out orbs after the story mode well has dried up.

Sölf

6mYjGAu.jpg
Meh. I already have a Lyn, another 4 red ones and still no Armor or Dancer. After fusing, I now have 4 neutral characters, 5 blue characters, 6 green characters AND 15 FUCKING RED ONES!!

This game is purified crack.... I don't know whether to stop right now and play a real FE game or to just let it go and forget life exists

I KNEW F!Corrin was a beast.

Rocking 5* Lucina, 5* Takumi, 5* Camilla, and ... either 4* Clarine, 4* M!Robin, or 3* F*Corrin.

Nearly completed the Hard story missions (just need to do Chapter 9).

Gotchaye

What is the best thing to do with duplicate 5*'s?...

I rolled two 5* tiki's. Now I have 3.

One is level 35 and the other two are level 1 lol

If you're not going to use multiple copies on the same team (and in any case 3 is probably excessive) you should merge them. This destroys one and gives the other a free level-up that doesn't count against the level cap of 40. If you're happy with the stats on the high-level one, merge into it, otherwise you might consider leveling the others for a bit to see if you like how they're growing better.

Okamid3n

This game is purified crack.... I don't know whether to stop right now and play a real FE game or to just let it go and forget life exists

Yep. I don't even know if I'm having fun, but I can't put it down.

I wish I could hoard orbs till an event or something, but I have to blow em all. I already used like 15 stamina potions since the game came out. I'm just chaining them like crazy.

I'm hopefully never going to spend money on it, though.

I have been rerolling since 2 days and finally got 2 5*, Takumi and Lyn but the others are just 3*. Anyway, I think I'll keep that roll I just want to play this damn game.

SalvaPot

Got my 4th 5 star in that busty ninja girl. Her weapon is devastating, she kills all infantry units easily.

I've been really lucky with the rolls so far. I still want Lyn =(.

Bamboo 竹;229716001 said:
I have been rerolling since 2 days and finally got 2 5*, Takumi and Lyn but the others are just 3*. Anyway, I think I'll keep that roll I just want to play this damn game.

I've been trying for Takumi and Ryoma but would settle for Takumi and Lyn as well. Rerolling day 2 for me as well. Grats.

Aurizen

Which pool are you guys doing? Legendary Heroes? or Deep Devotion? Is there a unit better than Draug? He's a tank but movement is super limited!

Kyonashi

What's the kind of standard grind procedure with this game? I've done up to Chapter 7 and am starting to run into difficulty - do I level up units outside of my main team by auto-battling in the Training Tower? do I focus on one team of four? Is the goal levelling units to 20 and then merging them? How about using crystals to level up?

Sölf

I fucking finally beat 9-2 hard. Jesus, when you have nothing to really deal with the armors, that is hell. Zephiel's skill increasing armored units defense even higher and the healer directly behind them is total aids.

I already struggled with 9-3 on normal. I am pretty sure I have to grind to beat this.

Syntsui

Which pool are you guys doing? Legendary Heroes? or Deep Devotion? Is there a unit better than Draug? He's a tank but movement is super limited!
Deep Devotion has a better rate for 5*. Lucina is obviously the best unit
OF ALL GAMES EVER MADE

Looking back lots of people get Tiki but of course since I'm trying for that, nope. But then I'm aiming for adult Tiki from Awakening, not the young one. Not that I don't want the currently highlighted 5-star young Tiki in the roster.

I just did a couple red-target rolls and got 4-star Eliwood and Roy instead. Eh, ok.

Kitoro

The 20,000 feather requirement to promote a 4* to 5* should decrease to 10,000 if the 4* unit hits the level 40 cap.

Please tell me this is a thing. If not, it really should be.

Zalman

So I have a 3-starred Female Corrin right now and she's pretty much my star fighter. She's now at level 20 and I'm wondering if it's worth it to unlock her potential. Is going all the way back to level 1 the only way to give her a star? What happens if I get a 4-5-starred Female Corrin later and I merge her with my current one?

Jayhawk

If you're not going to use multiple copies on the same team (and in any case 3 is probably excessive) you should merge them. This destroys one and gives the other a free level-up that doesn't count against the level cap of 40. If you're happy with the stats on the high-level one, merge into it, otherwise you might consider leveling the others for a bit to see if you like how they're growing better.

My plan with any dupe 5* is to cap all of them to level 40, and then decide who to keep based on the RNG stat distribution.

1upsuper

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can you transfer your save file to a different device, like via MyNintendo? I realized I can play on my iPad but I started on my Android phone.

Dee Dee

My plan with any dupe 5* is to cap all of them to level 40, and then decide who to keep based on the RNG stat distribution.

Good plan.
But I fused a Level 1 Takumi into another.
Got 200 FP.
Now I have a level 15 Takumi that can counterattack even when attacked at close range.
Who needs stats.

By the time I get anyone to level 40 I'll probably have enough units to choose from even if this Takumi gets meh stat growths in the end.

Okamid3n

Deep Devotion has a better rate for 5*. Lucina is obviously the best unit
OF ALL GAMES EVER MADE

I read this and then I pull five stars Lucina. Thanks!

(I don't know what to do with her though, I have five stars Ryoma and Lyn in my main party already...)

I have a bad feeling you are right - with how important speed is it probably makes sense to max all 5* units before merging them.

Furo

How can I beat the units with the shield? That is probably armored?! All my units are just dieing constantly to that :/

Joqu

So, I've got a 3 star Robin and Robin is supposed to be a rather good unit.

Now I'm pretty sure I've read something along these lines but I'm not if it it's correct: am I right in assuming this guy'll always be inferior to his natural 4 star brethren, even if I evolve him to a 4 star one? Is he still worth putting effort into? Is he rare at all? I mean, he did have a fancy animation when I pulled him...

evanmisha

Had a reroll on day 1 that landed me Lyn and Takumi and ended up letting it go because I really wanted Tiki. Sort of regretting that now. I've spent no orbs outside of my initial roll and fully upgrading the castle so I've got 60 hoarded right now.

Do I spend for Takumi or just wait? I'm thinking wait but my team could really use a boost.

So, I've got a 3 star Robin and Robin is supposed to be a rather good unit.

Now I'm pretty sure I've read something along these lines but I'm not if it it's correct: am I right in assuming this guy'll always be inferior to his natural 4 star brethren, even if I evolve him to a 4 star one? Is he still worth putting effort into? Is he rare at all? I mean, he did have a fancy animation when I pulled him...

It's my understanding that there are 2 kinds of units. Units that can be between 1-5 stars and have equal strength at a specific star value whether it was pulled at that value or upgraded to it, and units that can only be 5 stars who are superior to other units.

The starting 3 story units however can be upgraded to very good 5 stars.

Firemind

Yea, mine's only 3* currently as well. If you do middle of the pack in PVP for 2 weeks, we should be able to upgrade her to 4* before too long. I already have the badges, just waiting for those damn feathers (2000 from 3*-4*). She's still perfectly usable at 3* though, none of her best skills are trapped behind a star wall.
I already promoted Clarine by trashing 4* and 3* I'll never use lol

She's currently lvl. 20. Let's see what she can do in Lunatic.

Joqu

It's my understanding that there are 2 kinds of units. Units that can be between 1-5 stars and have equal strength at a specific star value whether it was pulled at that value or upgraded to it, and units that can only be 5 stars who are superior to other units.

The starting 3 story units however can be upgraded to very good 5 stars.

Hmm. I'm trying to dig up the post that made me think so, but I'm not finding it. What you say makes sense to me though. So maybe it was referring to the superior 5 star exclusive units.

Anyway, I guess I'll just level him up some for now, it doesn't take that long with my castle upgrades anyway. I do want to use him.

PsionBolt

Really? I thought legendary heroes has a better rate for 5* with the extra .25%

Both pools have equal rates at the start -- 3% for a 5*, and 3% for a Focus character (whom at the moment are all 5* also).
However, both the 5* and Focus rates of a given pool will increase by 0.25% each time you roll in that pool and do not pull a 5* or Focus character. This applies only to the pool you roll in, with each pool tracking your rates independently. Each pool also resets to base rate independently when you do pull a 5* or Focus from that pool.

So in your case, that one is higher because you rolled in it unsuccessfully one time since your last 5* pull.
So there is no counter to it?
And to level up units beyond level 19 you habe to use shards? Not getting any more exp on my high level ones.

Generally speaking, armored units have low Res, so you can kill them with mages or dragonstones. There are also a few units who have armor-killer weapons, which deal bonus damage to armored units. Selena has an armor-killer sword, and Oboro has an armor-killer lance; I assume there's an axe, but I don't have it.

You can level past 19 just fine; you just need to fight units of a higher level. The EXP gains are very, very strictly proportional to your level. You'll usually get a whole level at once if you kill someone 5 or so levels above you.

Dandte

So which account am i going to play? Every account had done 9 pulls. Also the rate for Camilla ist absurd.

Lyn,Abel,Roy

Lyn, Cordelia, Ogma

Camilla, Liliana

Cammila, Marrick, Effie

Camilla, Robin, sheena, abel

Lyn, Lilana, Corin, Jakob

Camilla, Camilla, Fae, Kagero, Sheena

Camilla, Fae, Tharja

So which account am i going to play? Every account had done 9 pulls. Also the rate for Camilla ist absurd.

Lyn,Abel,Roy

Lyn, Cordelia, Ogma

Camilla, Liliana

Cammila, Marrick, Effie

Camilla, Robin, sheena, abel

Lyn, Lilana, Corin, Jakob

Camilla, Camilla, Fae, Kagero, Sheena

Camilla, Fae, Tharja
I'd go with the last one. 3 SS tier is nothing to scoff at.

MicH

How can I beat the units with the shield? That is probably armored?! All my units are just dieing constantly to that :/
Certain characters have weapons that are super effective against armored units. I know Oboro is one.

Otherwise I think their res is low so try a mage

The monetization of this game is really weak. The lowest purchase should be at least enough for a single character pull.

I'm enjoying the game for what it is but it's really just made me want to go back and finish the last Fire Emblem game.

Same thing happened with pokemon Go. It just made me want to go play a real pokemon game instead of a pointless grind fest.

It's a shame. I linked my Nintendo account before I knew about the rerolling then proceeded to get 5 3-stars. Kinda bummed me out so I shut it off and haven't opened it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom