• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an account with Takumi and Camilla both at 5* and one with Lyn and Hector both at 5*. Not sure which one to pick if I don't get better by the time I am ready to play!

Damn those are both extremely good. Hard to choose. Honestly you probably won't do better than that. If you decide to go with Hector let me know about that other account =). Takumi and Hector are both top of the pile and Camilla and Lyn are right below them.

I almost turned the app off when Alfonse asked "Where are you from? Oh really? What are "cars"? Like metal wagons???" Fuck right off with that shit. The trend of avatars like Corrin and Robin are borderline acceptable for me, but "real world crossovers" are just the worst shit. I really really hope that was a one-off joke and they don't ever reference it again.
Aw, I thought that was fun. Made me want to see a proper Fire Emblem game with a more modern setting, like what TMS#FE looked like back when we got the very first previews.

Acerac

Banned
I'd like to know as well. I have zero orbs left and my units are nowhere near strong enough to attain more. The game has hit a stone wall.

What levels are your characters? The training area is half stamina right now, taking advantage of that will help a significant amount.

Calm Mind

So after rerolling for almost two days straight the RNG gods blessed me last night.

iIPQ09Y.jpg

ROYS OUR BOY! Well, mine apparently. He's the one I really wanted too. Finally I can play!

Second roll ended up getting me Lucina too so I'm off to a good start I'd say.

NlHr81y.gif

Jayhawk

Is there any site with people posting the stats for their level-capped 5* units? Would be nice to start figuring out the stat distribution ranges for units, the best and worst people have gotten for certain stats, etc.

Finally got some units worth investing into.

My team as it stands is:

5* Roy
5* Hector
5* Takumi
5* Elise

I was rocking 4* Laslow until I spent a bunch of my orbs from grinding hard story and wound up with Roy.

Hopefully this can carry me for a while. Leveling is a huge pain in the ass in this game.

Finally got some units worth investing into.

My team as it stands is:

5* Roy
5* Hector
5* Takumi
5* Elise

I was rocking 4* Laslow until I spent a bunch of my orbs from grinding hard story and wound up with Roy.

Hopefully this can carry me for a while. Leveling is a huge pain in the ass in this game.

LOL Hector, Takumi and Elise are some of the best units in the game. Well done man.

Is Nowi supposed to be any good? I got her as a 4* in my first pull and it kinda feels like she's starting to drop off. Her abilities seem a little whatever too, the threaten res seems like it might be okay since she's has that global counter attack, but she doesn't have the greatest durability so I don't think I'd want to just throw her into groups of enemies.

OVDRobo

Despite my earlier complaints about this being just another gatcha game, I'm still pretty addicted. I'll enjoy being part of this wild ride of RNG with the rest of you.

Fuck Takumi.

So what do 5 stars mean on a unit?
Means that it's at the highest potential it can be. 5 Star units are comparatively extremely rare (3% or so I think) to draw from the summon stone and have a greater amount of stat growths and sometimes access to unique skills as compared to their lower-starred counterparts. You want as many of these as possible and even if they're not your favourite, they're probably worth using.

lt519

Rolled a monster Barte with a hammer. Only 4 stars, but he's the best on my squad now, everyone is just cannon fodder until I can get him close to the knights.

Despite my initial outrage, this is really well made. The only good gacha game ever created. I'll see how I feel after playing a bit more. Most gacha games operate this way though, all sunshine and roses at the start, then complete horseshit once you get invested. This game has clean menus and an easy story to follow so it's already light-years ahead of any other gacha game. Also, the combat doesn't appear to be brain dead bullshit, so that helps.

Beat the story. It was super super trash. I managed to get Robin last night, 5 star focus, makes me super mad because urgh Robin and urgh not Marth...

I'm working through it. This game needs more ways to get orbs that aren't tied to beating story quests. After a really crappy pull from the last 20, I'm gonna use the next 20 I get to finish upgrading my castle.

This is a fun gacha, gameplay is really solid (even if a bit watered down by FE standards).

Despite my initial outrage, this is really well made. The only good gacha game ever created. I'll see how I feel after playing a bit more. Most gacha games operate this way though, all sunshine and roses at the start, then complete horseshit once you get invested. This game has clean menus and an easy story to follow so it's already light-years ahead of any other gacha game. Also, the combat doesn't appear to be brain dead bullshit, so that helps.

pretty broad statement

I almost turned the app off when Alfonse asked "Where are you from? Oh really? What are "cars"? Like metal wagons???" Fuck right off with that shit. The trend of avatars like Corrin and Robin are borderline acceptable for me, but "real world crossovers" are just the worst shit. I really really hope that was a one-off joke and they don't ever reference it again.
The only way they can rectify what they did there is by including #FE units.
jzXs2.gif

PK Gaming

Oh Lilina, what hath RNG done to you?

Having access to Attack +2 isn't that interesting when the slightest breeze is enough to KO her.

Not RNG, her growths are just ass, haha

All in Magic/Attack with some Res, everything else is garbage.

NexusCell

Welp, did my third 20 roll and got another Lyn. Anyone have any advice on what I should do with her? I already leveled my first Lyn to 20, but a 5* is a 5*.

Just pulled 5* Jeorge. I've pulled at least one 5* in each summoning session, I don't know if that's normal or I'm just ridiculously lucky. Still no Marth in sight, though...

redcrayon

Beat the story. It was super super trash. I managed to get Robin last night, 5 star focus, makes me super mad because urgh Robin and urgh not Marth...

I'm working through it. This game needs more ways to get orbs that aren't tied to beating story quests. After a really crappy pull from the last 20, I'm gonna use the next 20 I get to finish upgrading my castle.

This is a fun gacha, gameplay is really solid (even if a bit watered down by FE standards).

I think it's fair to say the story is nowhere near done, it's only the first 9 chapters and a few days after launch. It's utterly forgettable (I can barely even remember the names of the lead characters and npcs aside from Anna) but I don't think anyone needs to worry about the lack of orbs once you've beaten the few currently available story missions. If they were easily available then even non-whales would have maxed-out squads of 5* characters within the first week as the levels are so short, I'm more interested in how they roll out fresh content and characters on a daily/monthly basis. No sign of the Tellius crew yet, I hope we see an event based around them.

I find the trick to enjoying games like this is to dip in and out of it for a few minutes each day/week rather than trying to charge through them and call it done, these games are always a work in progress at this point and rebalancing of currencies in response to feedback on isn't unheard of. I'm certainly not paying anything until the first patch is rolled out as orbs seem very expensive at the moment. I'd like to give them a few quid as I've enjoyed the game but at the moment it doesn't seem worth it considering that 20 orbs just got me five 3* chumps.

You've not played many gacha games then.

Generate

Banned
What levels are your characters? The training area is half stamina right now, taking advantage of that will help a significant amount.

I literally just realized each story mode has multiple difficulties so i got more orbs, but the leveling is still tedious. I'm probably doing this all wrong. As for levels, 24 tome, 20 lancer, 18 lancer, 16 swordman on my current team. My healer was stuck back at level 6 because i ran out of stamina to fight.

OceanBlue

Not RNG, her growths are just ass, haha

All in Magic/Attack with some Res, everything else is garbage.

I haven't gone very far (I'm on 9-5 normal and just cleaning up hard mode stuff) and I don't have a really top-tier team, but I really like 5* Lilina. She one-shots almost everything and makes it easy to clean up characters that would otherwise be annoying because she also gives ATK around her. She dies to everything non-magic unfortunately and she doesn't double attack often so she doesn't really get to use her AOE.

I'm really liking Catria too. I don't know if she'll be on my final team since I have a lot of decent blue characters but she's really good at picking characters off. She basically gets Luna all of the time because she has a Killer Lance and good speed, and her skills are good at keeping her alive in duels. -7 ATK and +6 DEF is pretty crazy lol. Her being blue really helps in Arena.

Dreavus

Can any character reach 5 star in this game or are they innately restricted? I'm leveling Sully and Lon'qu for example and when I go to "unlock potential" it just says they're not level 20.

Aw, I thought that was fun. Made me want to see a proper Fire Emblem game with a more modern setting, like what TMS#FE looked like back when we got the very first previews.

The only way they can rectify what they did there is by including #FE units.

http://i.imgur.com/jzXs2.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Might have come off a little strong and I don't mind the #FE stuff, just when it's referencing the "real" real world I get a little irrational. A modern setting crossover like what happens there is different.

Can any character reach 5 star in this game or are they innately restricted? I'm leveling Sully and Lon'qu for example and when I go to "unlock potential" it just says they're not level 20.

Anyone can but the lower the rank the more work it is. You have to get them to level twenty, then spend some feathers and badges of the same colour to reset them to level 1 with the rank increased by 1 star. You then have to get them to 20 again , repeat until 5 star.

I think it's fair to say the story is nowhere near done, it's only the first 9 chapters and a few days after launch. It's utterly forgettable (I can barely even remember the names of the lead characters and npcs aside from Anna) but I don't think anyone needs to worry about the lack of orbs once you've beaten the few currently available story missions. If they were easily available then even non-whales would have maxed-out squads of 5* characters within the first week as the levels are so short, I'm more interested in how they roll out fresh content and characters on a daily/monthly basis. No sign of the Tellius crew yet, I hope we see an event based around them.

I find the trick to enjoying games like this is to dip in and out of it for a few minutes each day/week rather than trying to charge through them and call it done, these games are always a work in progress at this point and rebalancing of currencies in response to feedback on isn't unheard of. I'm certainly not paying anything until the first patch is rolled out as orbs seem very expensive at the moment. I'd like to give them a few quid as I've enjoyed the game but at the moment it doesn't seem worth it considering that 20 orbs just got me five 3* chumps.

There's only 4 FE games with representation, so there's plenty of content to choose from. I just hope it doesn't take too long to roll out. I think my issue with this is purely because this is the first gacha game I've played day 1. The other stuff like this I've played, Love Live School Idol Festival and Terra Battle I've started to play when content had already been added to them. I have no hopes in this story ever being good, and I don't think anything is lost from skipping the text segments.

I certainly want to give them some money, it's a well made game so far but I'm cheap and there's no Ike to make me thirsty just yet. I'm just hoping there is some kind of daily free item and better special quests coming in the future. They've certainly got plans as there's icons and stuff that are greyed out on the menus still.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got a 5 star Roy, oh yeah.

Is it possible to even roll a good Archer? I like Virion (He was one of my favorite characters from Awakening), but it would take a lot of effort to rank him up a few times.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm pretty sure not every character can reach 5 star, though a good number of them can.

EDIT: Nevermind! I was mistaken.

Caim

Yeah I agree. Might have come off a little strong and I don't mind the #FE stuff, just when it's referencing the "real" real world I get a little irrational. A modern setting crossover like what happens there is different.

So far every character can go 5*

You can just view the character profile screen and click skill list to see all abilities up to 5*

Tendo

I also play FFBE but I am liking this so much more. I have a 5* camillia and Lucina. Friend code is 1646656204 - name is Baliun.

Is there a way to set what character of ours shows up in a friends game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom