• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

5jAr8gn.png

Some things never change

Wonder what future plan for this game is. Almost done with the "story". Just hope content rolls out frequently
There was an interview with the Director that said content would be added every two weeks. Also said something about tying in with Echoes

Sölf

So how do you get the feathers? I have 20 and to unlock potential seems obscene.

Play arena.

You get feathers for your offensive rank (7 win series, only the highest score counts as your weekly rank), defensive rank (if someone looses to your team) and global rank. Use at least one of the units that are shown, that increases your multiplier by 2/2.3/2.6/3. Arena resets weekly and if nothing changes for me, I should get 2,5k this week.

Firemind

Sölf;229718697 said:
Play arena.

You get feathers for your offensive rank (7 win series, only the highest score counts as your weekly rank), defensive rank (if someone looses to your team) and global rank. Use at least one of the units that are shown, that increases your multiplier by 2/2.3/2.6/3. Arena resets weekly and if nothing changes for me, I should get 2,5k this week.
Also do both special maps every day and bin them.

And friend random people.

goldenpp72

Sölf;229718697 said:
Play arena.

I played arena some and lost, and now I don't have swords. How do you get more?

Sölf

I played arena some and lost, and now I don't have swords. How do you get more?

They reset daily. Else you use the dueling swords you get as rewards. You get some from quests and can buy one for 100 nintendo coins. You also get 100 of said coins for beating a chapter on normal (you can redeem and use them if you click on the questboard and then on the emblem in the top right corner).

Whizkid7

So after rerolling for almost two days straight the RNG gods blessed me last night.

iIPQ09Y.jpg

ROYS OUR BOY! Well, mine apparently. He's the one I really wanted too. Finally I can play!

Second roll ended up getting me Lucina too so I'm off to a good start I'd say.

Shun

So which account am i going to play? Every account had done 9 pulls. Also the rate for Camilla ist absurd.

Lyn,Abel,Roy

Lyn, Cordelia, Ogma

Camilla, Liliana

Cammila, Marrick, Effie

Camilla, Robin, sheena, abel

Lyn, Lilana, Corin, Jakob

Camilla, Camilla, Fae, Kagero, Sheena

Camilla, Fae, Tharja

What are the stars for each of them? That decides which skills they have access to initially and probably would give you a better answer and idea.

Kansoku

They really need to fix 803-3001. It's a pain in the ass having to delete the XML and re link my account almost everytime I go play the game.

lupin23rd

Finally pulled a 5* character - Effie.
So far she's been a (slow) tank, although I just played a map where Cherche had a hammer :(
It still wasn't enough to take her down, but now I definitely want a hammer to start wrecking enemy knight fools.

Friend ID is 9021240139 (lupin23rd), will probably go back through this thread and start adding people. If someone's keeping a GAF list feel free to add me there too.

Are people generally levelling up by training or making use of the materials to immediately level up? Unclear how rare those are going to end up and wondering if I should save them for future 5* characters.

Dreavus

Rerolled a few times for Marth yesterday, then got Camilla with my next 20 orbs. Decent spread of 4-stars too. Feeling pretty good about my army so far.

I'll stick with the game for a bit. I dropped all other my other gacha games a few months ago, but I am liking the gameplay a lot in this one. It's more engaging than the typical auto-battler tap-to-attack.

However I'm only at chapter 5 but the story has been completely worthless so far. "fight the characters from this game, now this game, now this game, now back to this game." there is just zero substance. Why not show us a bit about Alfonse and Sharena's royal family? How about some details about the kingdom we're supposedly defending ourselves from or the kingdom we're living in? There's no map, "portals" just seem to be everywhere, even though there's this "one opens them, one refuses to close them" dynamic going on with the two empires. There's just NOTHING. Come on guys, I know it's a gigantic cross-over mobile game but I need just a little bit more to work with here.

I've been playing pretty casually but this made me happy.

Reminded me of when I pulled cloud and masamune in final fantasy record keeper on one of my first free pulls.

The intro animations for big name characters are so fucking hype. Makes me forget that it's an exploitative scummy game design.

Gsjb3sh.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
Rerolled a few times for Marth yesterday, then got Camilla with my next 20 orbs. Decent spread of 4-stars too. Feeling pretty good about my army so far.

I'll stick with the game for a bit. I dropped all other my other gacha games a few months ago, but I am liking the gameplay a lot in this one. It's more engaging than the typical auto-battler tap-to-attack.

However I'm only at chapter 5 but the story has been completely worthless so far. "fight the characters from this game, now this game, now this game, now back to this game." there is just zero substance. Why not show us a bit about Alfonse and Sharena's royal family? How about some details about the kingdom we're supposedly defending ourselves from or the kingdom we're living in? There's no map, "portals" just seem to be everywhere, even though there's this "one opens them, one refuses to close them" dynamic going on with the two empires. There's just NOTHING. Come on guys, I know it's a gigantic cross-over mobile game but I need just a little bit more to work with here.
I think it's a missed opportunity in general. Not expecting the best but there's zero appeal to me in the simplistically functional plot.

Plus the 'great hero is YOU' thing just sucks. I don't wanna feel like I'm literally being written into a self-insert fanfic.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lyn, Cam, Tiki and a 3* healer have been fine so far to level 27. Debating weather to pull now for Takumi or wait for next gacha since I need grey and blue units.
I'd go with the last one. 3 SS tier is nothing to scoff at.
New tier last mate:
http://altema.jp/fe-heroes/risemara

qyo7hgG.png

[More below/at link]
My Lyn is level 27 and only at 36 atk. Random stat gains in gacha is a horrible idea.

I was so excited to get her, too.
Total stats seem weighted per character and the total of all stats seems the same at max level.
So basically your Lyn will be the same as every toher Lvl 40 Lyn +/- 5% on her stats or something

mstevens

It hyped me up once, then drop me a 4*,

Yeah I got the intro screen for Robin.. on a 3* haha Didn't realize at the time that the intro was for banner units, regardless of rank.

I think the game felt bad for me because 5* Tiki, 5* Raven and 5* Marth dropped a few pulls later.

Generate

Banned
What's the kind of standard grind procedure with this game? I've done up to Chapter 7 and am starting to run into difficulty - do I level up units outside of my main team by auto-battling in the Training Tower? do I focus on one team of four? Is the goal levelling units to 20 and then merging them? How about using crystals to level up?

I'd like to know as well. I have zero orbs left and my units are nowhere near strong enough to attain more. The game has hit a stone wall.

Dreavus

I think it's a missed opportunity in general. Not expecting the best but there's zero appeal to me in the simplistically functional plot.

Plus the 'great hero is YOU' thing just sucks. I don't wanna feel like I'm literally being written into a self-insert fanfic.

I almost turned the app off when Alfonse asked "Where are you from? Oh really? What are "cars"? Like metal wagons???" Fuck right off with that shit. The trend of avatars like Corrin and Robin are borderline acceptable for me, but "real world crossovers" are just the worst shit. I really really hope that was a one-off joke and they don't ever reference it again.

Cerium

I almost turned the app off when Alfonse asked "Where are you from? Oh really? What are "cars"? Like metal wagons???" Fuck right off with that shit. The trend of avatars like Corrin and Robin are borderline acceptable for me, but "real world crossovers" are just the worst shit. I really really hope that was a one-off joke and they don't ever reference it again.

Just paving the way for TMS#FE characters.

SalvaPot

Nofunallowed.jpg

Dreavus

Just paving the way for TMS#FE characters.

That's close, but it's also a spin-off and contains and builds it's own fiction within the crossover. This was more "HEY YOU! ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS PHONE SCREEN!" garbage that I just cannot stand!

Sendou

So if there's a chara that I want to upgrade from 4 to 5 star should I max its level first? Or do it right at lvl 20?

redcrayon

What's the kind of standard grind procedure with this game? I've done up to Chapter 7 and am starting to run into difficulty - do I level up units outside of my main team by auto-battling in the Training Tower? do I focus on one team of four? Is the goal levelling units to 20 and then merging them? How about using crystals to level up?
You can level up any units in the training tower, also go back and do the hard versions of the story missions for extra orbs. If you can beat those, try lunatic.

Merging units- that's for duplicates. You can also send units home to gain feathers. Once 3* units reach level 20 they can be upgraded to 4* for 2,000 feathers plus another currency of their colour. Once 4* units reach level 20 they can be upgraded to 5* for 20,000 feathers plus some other item. You can keep on levelling then past 20 if you like, but once they are upgraded they return to level one so it's a bit pointless unless you are desperate for decent units to field a squad with a couple of reserves for missions your main team isn't great at.

It's also worth checking out the special missions- there seems to be a different character each day, 2* ones so far. Recruit them by completing the mission, then dismiss for feathers or keep.

Check your My Nintendo account- there's loads of various currencies availble as rewards for completing the chapters.

Levelling up with crystals- that's what they are there for. So far I've been using them to keep a variety of units levelled up as I suspect the various extra maps coming will need different units. I've got Frederick levelled up with his hammer even though I don't use him in my main team just in case I find a map with multiple armoured units, and a couple more reserves to replace my fliers on archer-heavy maps. Multiple ranged attackers are good for some of the maze maps too.

Fuck me. Upgrading doesn't work like I thought it would.

I just spent hours leveling a 3 star chirche to 20 then suddenly drew a lvl1 4 star.

I get an x on the source 4 star though and can't merge. Meanwhile the other direction only gets me 40sp. Ffs.

Am I missing something or am I just not use to the gatcha grind?

Cerium

Fuck me. Upgrading doesn't work like I thought it would.

I just spent hours leveling a 3 star chirche to 20 then suddenly drew a lvl1 4 star.

I get an x on the source 4 star though and can't merge. Meanwhile the other direction only gets me 40sp. Ffs.

Am I missing something or am I just not use to the gatcha grind?

Unfavorite the 4 star. All 4 stars are automatically favorited (you can turn this off in options) to prevent you from accidentally sending them home.

I have an account with Takumi and Camilla both at 5* and one with Lyn and Hector both at 5*. Not sure which one to pick if I don't get better by the time I am ready to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom