• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

I've been using this tier list, it favors actual unit skillsets over general draw star count, and has categories for each type of unit:

http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with my main party at this point. Lucina (sadly, I don't like her but she's a great unit), Tiki, Clarine, and my MVP Jeorge. I reallllly want a Takumi and Camilla though, so as soon as I get more orbs I'm pulling on that banner.
How do you make Clarine work? As far as I know her healing capabilities are quite weak (doesn't have Physic) and she doesn't exactly pack a punch.

Totakeke

But note that she only moves one space at a time, so she's rarely getting to attack until after something else has moved to attack her. The armored characters are all extremely powerful to make up for that drawback. I think they end up working pretty well against the AI since it'll move and attack anything that enters its range, but you definitely don't want her on your leftmost PVP team.

Yeah. For most non-arena maps the enemies tend to wait for you to move first into range before they do anything. That's what she's for. As long her def/res ends up pretty good she can be used in arena as well. Most of all, characters with that high attack allowing them to kill enemy armored units in one or two hits are very rare right now.

ExVicis

I've been using this tier list, it favors actual unit skillsets over general draw star count, and has categories for each type of unit:

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with my main party at this point. Lucina (sadly, I don't like her but she's a great unit), Tiki, Clarine, and my MVP Jeorge. I reallllly want a Takumi and Camilla though, so as soon as I get more orbs I'm pulling on that banner.
Camilla is great, as long as you have a plan for her not to get an attack initiated on her she does amazing in battles because of her Speed Skill. Pairing her with the Shove Skill to I can have her move about 1/3rd of most maps to burst down nearly anyone on the Map.

duckroll

Wonder what future plan for this game is. Almost done with the "story". Just hope content rolls out frequently

More story chapters. More seasonal Special battles. Collaborations with other brands. New heroes to pull. They will probably push through a big Valentia update (World of Shadows? Lol.) around April/May to promote the Echoes game. It'll mostly be the same old for the first year or so I feel. I don't see there being a huge revamp. Maybe in 6 months they'll introduce some sort of Support system and encourage more face rubbing.

Oh and I expect Castle customization at some point where you get to buy different types of Castles with different bonuses, and upgrade those too.

Pejo

How do you make Clarine work? As far as I know her healing capabilities are quite weak (doesn't have Physic) and she doesn't exactly pack a punch.

There are 2 skills that are must-get for Clarine. Fear, which requires Assault, that lowers a unit's attack by 6 after she attacks them, and most importantly Imbue. She gets a 17 targeted heal and 7 self heal every 2 turns. On the odd turns, she still heals target and self for 7.

Plenty of the more difficult fights I've faced were just Lucina and Clarina staying in one spot and just outlasting whole enemy teams.

Plus, she's one of only 2 (i think?) mounted healers in the game right now. that extra movement is awesome.

Effie has pretty ridiculous attack stat.

That doesn't even factor into that she has a passive skill that grants her +6 atk on attack and then also another passive skill that prevents 2x attacks for both parties so who cares about low speed, holy crap.

I said this a few pages back, Effie is my bae. She carried me a bit early on.

Firemind

But note that she only moves one space at a time, so she's rarely getting to attack until after something else has moved to attack her. The armored characters are all extremely powerful to make up for that drawback. I think they end up working pretty well against the AI since it'll move and attack anything that enters its range, but you definitely don't want her on your leftmost PVP team.
I'm pretty sure I got my defense arena wins thanks to Effie. She straight up counters sword users and given the fact that most (focused) characters are sword based, well, people probably thought they could beat anything with their lords.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wonder what future plan for this game is. Almost done with the "story". Just hope content rolls out frequently
I don't know what Nintendo is planning, but normally these types of games, if they're flagship entries, get at least some kind of update every 2-4 weeks.

ExVicis

What are the must get skills for Lyn and Camilla?
For Camilla you want to get all the Savage Blow you can for AoE Damage. Basically it hits everyone within a range of her target and damages them too, it can do up to 7 damage to anyone within range when you have it full learned to 3.

Firemind

There are 2 skills that are must-get for Clarine. Fear, which requires Assault, that lowers a unit's attack by 6 after she attacks them, and most importantly Imbue. She gets a 17 targeted heal and 7 self heal every 2 turns. On the odd turns, she still heals target and self for 7.

Plenty of the more difficult fights I've faced were just Lucina and Clarina staying in one spot and just outlasting whole enemy teams.

Plus, she's one of only 2 (i think?) mounted healers in the game right now. that extra movement is awesome.
Thanks! She's one of my favourite characters so I was wondering how to make her work. I only have a 3* version of her. Not sure if I should promote her or wait for a 4*...

Ndayday

Neo Member
For my second pull I got a 5 star peri. Good?
She seems solid but nothing great to me. I used a 4 star for a bit until I rolled a 5 star Lancer.

This is my team atm. Takumi was literally my very first roll.

qKk2V1L.png

Pejo

Thanks! She's one of my favourite characters so I was wondering how to make her work. I only have a 3* version of her. Not sure if I should promote her or wait for a 4*...

Yea, mine's only 3* currently as well. If you do middle of the pack in PVP for 2 weeks, we should be able to upgrade her to 4* before too long. I already have the badges, just waiting for those damn feathers (2000 from 3*-4*). She's still perfectly usable at 3* though, none of her best skills are trapped behind a star wall.

Hyoukokun

I'm presently rolling with 5* Chrom, Elise, and... Nowi. Wish she had an alt costume option. So far, haven't needed to spend money; I'm on chapter 8 of the story. The Chrom / Elise combo feels pretty broken - in most places I could clear the map with just the two of them, so long as I don't get careless and let Elise take multiple hits.

The optional challenges (winning levels with only 3 characters, winning with all characters still alive, etc.) are pretty fun. It could use some more UI hints in places; it's not immediately obvious what a lot of the items earned do (feathers? badges?).

The stamina limit is... less fun. Obviously it's negated for the moment since they provided a crapton of stamina potions at launch, but I'm wary about it in the future as most of the fights now take 10+ stamina. Does it ever go up from a max of 50?

Gotchaye

I'm pretty sure I got my defense arena wins thanks to Effie. She straight up counters sword users and given the fact that most (focused) characters are sword based, well, people probably thought they could beat anything with their lords.

I don't know. I haven't seen too many armored characters in Arena but the obvious issue they create for the defending team is that the attacker can just hang back and let the AI move everything forward. Then the armored unit just isn't there for the first two turns of the fight and it's 3v4. Blue is just in general very strong in Arena because so many of the strongest characters people are likely to have are red right now, but not having gone up against an Effie that I can recall I think I'm still much more scared of blue casters and dragons.

Moonlight

Banned

I like how all over the place these tier lists are, lol. The last one I saw pegged Lyn as like third tier.

kswiston

Probably one or two story updates a month going by other titles. Some will probably be paralogues.

Ya, I prefer the skill/stats based rankings rather than those that give special preference to base 5 because we might see 6 star evos in 6-12 months. Not that most of those units arent great.

ExVicis

I like how all over the place these tier lists are, lol. The last one I saw pegged Lyn as like third tier.
Well at the very least all the tier lists seem to agree that Ryouma and Leo are bonkers powerful. Almost wished I pulled Lobster Man, but I like the characters I have on my team more.

boltz

There will probably be newer/more complicated challenges later, but this isn't supposed to replace regular Fire Emblem. It's a phone game you play when you have 10-15 mins a day after the initial rush wears off.

Yep, that's about it. The main change as characters level up is that the color triangle and various "effective against X" abilities become extremely important, whereas early on you can mostly brute force everything.

Cool thanks. Part of the draw for me to Fire Emblem is the tough/meaningful decisions you have to make with permadeath involved and without it, there's not much differentiating this game from the glut of other mobile games that try to hook you in with character/card collecting.

Hyoukokun

What's the best way to level a healer? Besides gems

I bring my healer along when leveling lower-leveled characters in the training tower. They get EXP for healing folks regardless of the level of the person on the receiving end. (in the case of Elise, my main healer, she also has an attack and can serve on mop-up duty if the low-level folks get wiped).

kewlmyc

Decided to try rerolling again to have a version of the game to play on my iPad and ended up with a 5* Raven and 5* Azura. They're good, I assume?

So yeah, I'm making my alternate account my primary one. In the course of a few pulls, I now have a 5* Lyn, 5* Camilia, 5* Cordelia, 5* Raven, and 5* Azura. Plus 4* Robin (m), 4* Roy, 4* Tharja, and 4* Chrom.

Why did I never get this lucky on my primary account?

5-star Effie and 5-star Tiki: do I keep re-rolling or start with this?

That's a solid start. I'd keep it.

kswiston

Cool thanks. Part of the draw for me to Fire Emblem is the tough/meaningful decisions you have to make with permadeath involved and without it, there's not much differentiating this game from the glut of other mobile games that try to hook you in with character/card collecting.

I have only played a half dozen of these games, but unit placement does make this game a bit deeper than many of them. Especially in PvP where I often find myself sacrificing a character so that I can take out a problem enemy and better place the other 3.

It's not even Shadow Dragon level in terms of strategy though.

duckroll

I have only played a half dozen of these games, but unit placement does make this game a bit deeper than many of them. Especially in PvP where I often find myself sacrificing a character so that I can take out a problem enemy and better place the other 3.

It's not even Shadow Dragon level in terms of strategy though.

Play Terra Battle.

Moonlight

Banned
My current team at the moment. Got a bit luckier with my recent pulls so subbed every team member that was underperforming. Anyone able to answer if this is solid enough to stick with through to end-game?

Also if Effie is worth keeping. Her defense has come in handy for blocking off choke points but the 1-move is really rough and she gets dunked by magic.

img_0481w6rio.png

Well at the very least all the tier lists seem to agree that Ryouma and Leo are bonkers powerful. Almost wished I pulled Lobster Man, but I like the characters I have on my team more.
Same. I actually passed up on Ryoma on my refills just because I wanted Lyn more, lol.

So i'm on like chapter 8 and all I'm still of the opinion that this is by far the worst thing with the Fire Emblem name on it. The map size (and consequently everyone only having 2 tiles to move) destroys any sense of positioning, and the lack of dodge and criticals heavily cuts down on your tactical options, so if I didn't have 3 five star banner units and jeorge i'd probably be tearing my hair out.

People say that it isn't meant to replace actual Fire Emblem, and I get that. I just really wish we asked for more from mobile games than literally being better than nothing, the form form factor and the aesthetics inherently justifying their own existence. There isn't anything that's really engaging about it, it's just a fire emblem I can play while on the toilet at work. All hail the king of the shitter.

Addi

So i'm on like chapter 8 and all I'm still of the opinion that this is by far the worst thing with tPeople say that it isn't meant to replace actual Fire Emblem, and I get that. I just really wish we asked for more from mobile games than literally being better than nothing, the form form factor and the aesthetics inherently justifying their own existence. There isn't anything that's really engaging about it, it's just a fire emblem I can play while on the toilet at work. All hail the king of the shitter.

But then again, for most people, this is a free game.

ExVicis

So yeah, I'm making my alternate account my primary one. In the course of a few pulls, I now have a 5* Lyn, 5* Camilia, 5* Cordelia, 5* Raven, and 5* Azura. Plus 4* Robin (m), 4* Roy, 4* Tharja, and 4* Chrom.

Why did I never get this lucky on my primary account?
Jesus you got almost everything good. Yeah I would keep that account too, goddamn.

ExVicis

My current team at the moment. Got a bit luckier with my recent pulls so subbed every team member that was underperforming. Anyone able to answer if this is solid enough to stick with through to end-game?

Also if Effie is worth keeping. Her defense has come in handy for blocking off choke points but the 1-move is really rough and she gets dunked by magic.

img_0481w6rio.png

Same. I actually passed up on Ryoma on my refills just because I wanted Lyn more, lol.

Man I wanted Lyn. Ah well.

Also how many times have you pulled? You have a lot of allies there. Is it better to just spend orbs on summons instead of hoarding?

btkadams

So i'm on like chapter 8 and all I'm still of the opinion that this is by far the worst thing with the Fire Emblem name on it. The map size (and consequently everyone only having 2 tiles to move) destroys any sense of positioning, and the lack of dodge and criticals heavily cuts down on your tactical options, so if I didn't have 3 five star banner units and jeorge i'd probably be tearing my hair out.

People say that it isn't meant to replace actual Fire Emblem, and I get that. I just really wish we asked for more from mobile games than literally being better than nothing, the form form factor and the aesthetics inherently justifying their own existence. There isn't anything that's really engaging about it, it's just a fire emblem I can play while on the toilet at work. All hail the king of the shitter.
I completely agree. I'm enjoying it, but the high level of polish, HD art, and ease of my using my big touchscreen makes me really wish this was a real full-fledged fire emblem. The free to play mechanics and simplification of the battling just make this feel like a missed opportunity. I get that they don't want shine the spotlight too brightly on non-Nintendo platforms, but I really hope one day I can play a game like fire emblem awakening on my phone.

Moonlight

Banned
Man I wanted Lyn. Ah well.

Also how many times have you pulled? You have a lot of allies there. Is it better to just spend orbs on summons instead of hoarding?
Like four full pulls. I spent cash on orbs, lol. And I'd say it's worth using orbs for summons until you have a decently versatile team. Being stuck with three stars or having limited reach to deal with certain colours can make some of the later content really annoying.

PK Gaming

Female Corrin in S, how do you like that motherfuckers.

Again its tentative as heck, but I always knew she was a beast; Dragonstone users in general are crazy busted. Stupid high durability, great offense and the ability to target the generally weaker Res stat (and in Female Corrin/Nowi's case they're blue units.)

Help, gaf. What would you do? I have a sexy 5* Sheena currently level 17 with 204 SP. I can spend on one of these right now;
Escutcheon: Special trigger which reduces damage from adjacent attacks by 30% (which she's already learned but this one takes the countdown from 3 to 2, making it basically automatic and constant because she already knew killer axe+1 when summoned which reduces the special cooldown timer by 1 when attacking)

or

Svalinn Shield which neautralizes all 'effective against' bonuses. Would be the A skill, and constant

i mean she already activates the 30% damage reduction very quickly, which often fully negates any damage done by red dudes, and the shield would negate all super effective damage boosts, ranged or adjacent. ugh

thanks!

Venfayth

What is the best thing to do with duplicate 5*'s?...

I rolled two 5* tiki's. Now I have 3.

One is level 35 and the other two are level 1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom