• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why the greet option is greyed out?
468dea2242.png

Those are some amazing characters you have. Did you buy orbs?

If I recall correctly, your odds of getting two 5* in one pull are about 1 in 500.

You're doing well with a whale party, color me shocked! :p

I spent $20 on orbs and no-lifed the first day it came out since I had that day off of work. Aside from that, I don't really want to put any more money into it until I know if the late game will matter or know what characters are actually "good".

Has anyone taken Lucina far into the current game yet? Kind of curious how she does later.

She does well in Arena in an four attackers lineup - one ranged, two close, and one tankier/healing DPS like Chrom or Fae. I'd say she fills about the same role as Lyn right now so she could work as a good replacement for her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does anyone know if Physic is not working as intended? I don't see it restoring HP to more than one target.

Lusankya

So, what do I do with my Level 20 5*? I can further level her with the big crystals, but is there another way to give her more stats? She doesn't seem to get any EXP from battles anymore.

Wanderer5

Oh fucking yes, I finally got Marth (5*), and even got Tiki too. I pretty much stop the summoning there even through I had one more try.:p

Ndayday

Neo Member
So, what do I do with my Level 20 5*? I can further level her with the big crystals, but is there another way to give her more stats? She doesn't seem to get any EXP from battles anymore.

You're probably having it kill units that are too weak for it. The exp scaling works so if you're too high leveled you don't get anything.

mstevens

You have to fight enemies around your level to keep leveling.

So after spending a little $$ to support the game, + my first two free 5 pulls, I'm sitting at 5* Lyn, 5* Marth, 5* Tiki, 5* Raven, and various 4* like Robin, Effie, Olivia, Maria, etc.

As you can see my main 5* party is pretty one dimensional (I hate to complain about 5*, but I have no healers or ranged). I have enough orbs again for another pull so I'm trying to decide if I should chase a 5* ranged or healer, or just save the orbs for a different banner. Wish we knew what was coming up!

I just hate the idea of leveling 4* units to my other units level knowing that I could just keep them at 20 and the reset will be the same.

Leveling a healer or Elise in particular is a pain in the ass, any tips?

Leveling healers seems pretty easy to me. Just hold them back, let someone take damage (it doesn't matter what level the enemies are), and heal the friendly unit.

Jims

Leveling healers seems pretty easy to me. Just hold them back, let someone take damage (it doesn't matter what level the enemies are), and heal the friendly unit.

Yep, and it's even easier if you have a ranged unit with decent defense. They'll just stand there forever taking attacks and not do anything about it.

kswiston

For those re-rolling for a certain number of 5 star characters, here's the percentage breakdown for the likelihood of initial rolls

4 character initial pull

no 5-star units - 78.07%
one 5-star unit - 19.93%
two 5-star units - 1.91%
three 5-star units - 0.081%
four 5-star units - 0.0013%

5 character initial pull

no 5-star units - 73.39%
one 5-star unit - 23.42%
two 5-star units - 2.99%
three 5-star units - 0.19%
four 5-star units - 0.0061%
five 5-star units - 0.000078%

That is for any 5-star characters, including duplicates.

So if you pulled 3-five star characters, you need to stop pulling, unless you want to give up on this game before even playing. You aren't likely to get anything better (or even see a 3 five-star character pull again for several hundred restarts).

If you would rather have a specific character instead of the 3 five-star units, then I guess you could waste your good fortune. Keep in mind that the banner characters have about a 0.83% chance of dropping per roll, and the rest of the 5-star characters have a 0.08% chance of dropping.

Firemind

Oh, nice, didn't think about Spur Attack. She's such an offensively-oriented unit. She seems like she could be useful with a Knight or a super-bulky unit in front of her, and possibly a dancer to get her out of the way (if needed). The temptation to just sacrifice her for damage is too high, she kinda lags behind in experience.
Lilina and Effie make a great couple. Spur Attack + Death Blow is insane. Effie can't get double attacked either because of her passive.

Qurupeke

Story:
So, can they make it any less obvious that the masked guy is Zacharias...?

The story is so bad. I know I'm not supposed to care about that in a gacha game but I can't...

mikemandey

Sölf;229728501 said:
You think so? I actually had no problems leveling her, as healing gives exp. Just heal each round for whatever small damage someone took.

You have to fight enemies around your level to keep leveling.

So after spending a little $$ to support the game, + my first two free 5 pulls, I'm sitting at 5* Lyn, 5* Marth, 5* Tiki, 5* Raven, and various 4* like Robin, Effie, Olivia, Maria, etc.

As you can see my main 5* party is pretty one dimensional (I hate to complain about 5*, but I have no healers or ranged). I have enough orbs again for another pull so I'm trying to decide if I should chase a 5* ranged or healer, or just save the orbs for a different banner. Wish we knew what was coming up!

I just hate the idea of leveling 4* units to my other units level knowing that I could just keep them at 20 and the reset will be the same.

Yeah, healing does increase exp but the amount is small compared to killing an enemy and my party pretty much one shots every enemy..

For those re-rolling for a certain number of 5 star characters, here's the percentage breakdown for the likelihood of initial rolls

4 character initial pull

no 5-star units - 78.07%
one 5-star unit - 19.93%
two 5-star units - 1.91%
three 5-star units - 0.081%
four 5-star units - 0.0013%

5 character initial pull

no 5-star units - 73.39%
one 5-star unit - 23.42%
two 5-star units - 2.99%
three 5-star units - 0.19%
four 5-star units - 0.0061%
five 5-star units - 0.000078%

That is for any 5-star characters, including duplicates.

So if you pulled 3-five star characters, you need to stop pulling, unless you want to give up on this game before even playing. You aren't likely to get anything better (or even see a 3 five-star character pull again for several hundred restarts).

If you would rather have a specific character instead of the 3 five-star units, then I guess you could waste your good fortune. Keep in mind that the banner characters have about a 0.83% chance of dropping per roll, and the rest of the 5-star characters have a 0.08% chance of dropping.
I believe this my Friend gave me an account that pulled two 5* on the first and i got trash for the next 60 stones.

Sölf

Yeah, healing does increase exp but the amount is small compared to killing an enemy and my party pretty much one shots every enemy..

Well, I got my Elise from a pull and leveled her with completely new characters. Other than that, try harder missions/higher floors on the tower?

Golnei

The story is so bad. I know I'm not supposed to care about that in a gacha game but I can't...

I thought my expectations couldn't get lower, and I was still surprised. I know nobody plays even the main series for the story, but it doesn't mean that an actual attempt at storytelling would be have been unwelcome here.

Sölf

I thought my expectations couldn't get lower, and I was still surprised. I know nobody plays even the main series for the story, but it doesn't mean that an actual attempt at storytelling would be have been unwelcome here.

The story is KHUx levels of bad. Granblue Fantasy spoiled me with their events (the main story is not that much better, but it still is better - and I only played to chapter 15 or so).

mstevens

Don't use your normal team. Use some level one guys on the first floor of the training tower. That's actually a perk to leveling healers because it costs less stamina per battle.

Anybody know what 803-3003 is? I've been getting this for hours and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

I hope its not the death error. If you don't have your account linked to Nintendo it may be gone. If you do just delete the game. reinstall and sign in to your nintendo account again. If you have an account you like MAKE SURE TO LINK IT after a few hours they get errors and are gone forever.

ggx2ac

I've been using this tier list, it favors actual unit skillsets over general draw star count, and has categories for each type of unit:

http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with my main party at this point. Lucina (sadly, I don't like her but she's a great unit), Tiki, Clarine, and my MVP Jeorge. I reallllly want a Takumi and Camilla though, so as soon as I get more orbs I'm pulling on that banner.

Interesting, so I have at least 4 SS tier characters. 5* Lyn, 5* Fae, 5* Cordelia, 5* Camilla.

Still trying to get Takumi.

Edit: Oh, it's subjective anyway...

Slashlen

I hope its not the death error. If you don't have your account linked to Nintendo it may be gone. If you do just delete the game. reinstall and sign in to your nintendo account again. If you have an account you like MAKE SURE TO LINK IT after a few hours they get errors and are gone forever.

It's linked, I've wiped the data, uninstalled the app, downloaded the whole thing again, relinked, and I still get it after downloading the game data.

Man, stamina is killer. It goes so fast when you're doing the later story chapters. Should I just take the plunge and use some stamina potions?

Rerolling is not very fun but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

I had no idea rerolling was a thing and I've gotten through most of the game with 3 star units. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it tbh.

Shouta

I really don't get why they have friends' list but don't actually let you bring them into battle. Having that option would alleviate some of the problems of wanting to field your favorite units and fielding units that are counters to what's on the stage.

PBalfredo

Just pulled a 5* Lyn as the last hero of my five-hero summon. Feels real good. They put a lot of effort into the whole summoning sequence, especially when you draw a 5*.

Now to figure out where she fits in my party. I'm currently using 5* Marth, 5* Takumi, 3* Beruka and 3* Sully. Sully hasn't been pulling her weight lately, but then that leaves me sword heavy and without a spear uses. Replacing Marth with Lyn is too crazy, right? Marth's Pivot skill is pretty good at repositioning around the battlefield, even across rivers by using fliers like Beruka as a springbroard.

OceanBlue

If you keep pulling and don't get a 5* the drop rates increases by 0,25% for the next pull according to the rates.

Is the rate increase affected by how much you pull? I pull 5 orbs every time and my rate increases by 0.25%. I've never tried just pulling one and seeing how much it increases by.

_woLf

I really don't get why they have friends' list but don't actually let you bring them into battle. Having that option would alleviate some of the problems of wanting to field your favorite units and fielding units that are counters to what's on the stage.

Yeah, I really don't get the overall purpose of having a friends system at all to be honest. It's very poorly implemented.

Eliseo

They will add that stuff later on...I hope.

They really saved any crumbs of interesting story until the very last battle of the very last chapter, and it's in the form of a huge exposition dump.

They need to get some of these other characters in place so that we can actually see them instead of having Al, Sharena and Anna just talking about them. That being said, there's enough that I do want to know what happens next. (Particularly with the masked mystery man.)

The gameplay is still very addicting, and the graphics looks very slick. They have a great base here, they just need to build on it now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's especially sad because there's just so much that could be done with the system. The arena reward are really bad too for promoting player engagement, but at least you can get decent EXP from there.

Dreavus

Oh interesting, I forgot this was missing. This style of game almost always has a feature like that.

It's a good way to "try out" some of the stronger units you might not have access to. Which, more cynically speaking, plays into the whole gacha thing which is why I think so many other gachas do it. "This guy has this awesome unit that's on banner right now, I've used him a ton and he's great, but I'm out of Orbs! Hmmm"

Perhaps they thought a 5 man army was just a bit too big for the battlefield size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom