• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

If they add straight up PvP that shit is gonna be LIT.

That's the one missing element to really make this a life consumer.

Just finished Lunatic with the following party (all 5*): Lucina 40, RobinM 40, Camilla 36, YoungTiki 38.

2 more quests in the general section before I cleared all those as well.

Had a blast. Hopefully they keep the content rolling.

Shouta

It's especially sad because there's just so much that could be done with the system. The arena reward are really bad too for promoting player engagement, but at least you can get decent EXP from there.

Yeah, there's a ton they could do with this kind of title. Many other games have done it so it's really strange they didn't bother doing a bit of research to see what was good.

Oh interesting, I forgot this was missing. This style of game almost always has a feature like that.

It's a good way to "try out" some of the stronger units you might not have access to. Which, more cynically speaking, plays into the whole gacha thing which is why I think so many other gachas do it. "This guy has this awesome unit that's on banner right now, I've used him a ton and he's great, but I'm out of Orbs! Hmmm"

Perhaps they thought a 5 man army was just a bit too big for the battlefield size.

Right, it is another way of trying out a unit to see if you want to raise one for yourself and the like. Fielding a 5-man army isn't a problem in the game, the enemies will sometimes field 5 as well so there's no reason the player shouldn't be able to. Increasing the map just a bit to compensate would be fine if they though there wasn't enough space.

HotHamBoy

Well, I just started the game and with my 20 orbs I pulled five 3-Star nobodies.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to delete this and pull out my 3DS.

Firemind

Man, Sol Katti acting as a Brave Weapon is a life saver at times. I think I prefer it over the Falcion. 10HP every three turns is pretty meh.

Hazu

All the characters in my team are around level 20-22, but I'm stuck in chapter 7.

1) What's the best way to level up your party?

2) I just pulled a 5-star Lucina that I would like to use in my party, should I go back to lower level content to level her or is there another way?

mstevens

All the characters in my team are around level 20-22, but I'm stuck in chapter 7.

1) What's the best way to level up your party?

2) I just pulled a 5-star Lucina that I would like to use in my party, should I go back to lower level content to level her or is there another way?

1) Training tower. Find the one for your level and start killing. It's half off stamina right now too.

2) Yes, Lucina is great. I'd put her in a low level party with a healer and grind XP that way in the tower.

Hazu

1) Training tower. Find the one for your level and start killing. It's half off stamina right now too.

2) Yes, Lucina is great. I'd put her in a low level party with a healer and grind XP that way in the tower.

Good to know, thank you!

Also, I read that the two orbs a day will stop in about two weeks. This makes me wonder, how am I going to gain orbs once I'm done with the story mode?

syncyes

I just got 10 3* pulls in a row LMAO

How have I still not gotten a single 5*? :( I have 4.5% chance on one banner and 3% on the other because I didn't realize the pity pulls were banner specific orz

803-3001 error which means my account is effectively dead because I'm unlinked.

C3yCFsbWQAEDEhD.jpg

C3riyH2UkAAL2Zf.jpg

Ahhh....

Uthred

Is there any way to increase your max stamina? 50 starts to feel pretty restrictive when the missions cost 12+ a shot

Shito

So, decided to start the game with a 5-star Effie and a 5-star Tiki as my best reroll.
Reached the second pull and I get a 5-star Camilla... not complaining. ^^

Gvitor

I was using a 2* Virion (the one from the campagin) as my long range unit, but at level 18, he's pretty damn useless in Hard and Lunatic (my rolled 4* and 5* are doing fine). I was planning to try and unlock potential on him once I'd get to 20, but I rolled some heroes and... I got another Virion. 4 stars.

I fiddled with the merging options, but I don't understand it at all. It says I can transfer stats, but it only shows level and SP, and it doesn't seem worth it to merge Virions at all. Do I just abandon my 2* or try and unlock potential on him?

mstevens

I was using a 2* Virion (the one from the campagin) as my long range unit, but at level 18, he's pretty damn useless in Hard and Lunatic (my rolled 4* and 5* are doing fine). I was planning to try and unlock potential on him once I'd get to 20, but I rolled some heroes and... I got another Virion. 4 stars.

I fiddled with the merging options, but I don't understand it at all. It says I can transfer stats, but it only shows level and SP, and it doesn't seem worth it to merge Virions at all. Do I just abandon my 2* or try and unlock potential on hi?

I believe there is only a stat boost if the unit you are losing is either the same or higher rank than the unit you're keeping.

Ken

Just finished Lunatic with the following party (all 5*): Lucina 40, RobinM 40, Camilla 36, YoungTiki 38.

2 more quests in the general section before I cleared all those as well.

Had a blast. Hopefully they keep the content rolling.

How would you rate those units.

Biske

I fiddled with the merging options, but I don't understand it at all. It says I can transfer stats, but it only shows level and SP, and it doesn't seem worth it to merge Virions at all. Do I just abandon my 2* or try and unlock potential on him?

That Virion sucks and pretty much stays sucking forever. As far as I can tell, merging only gets you extra SP, not much, barely a level up's worth, sometimes you may get a +1 to your level. All in all merging seems pretty worthless

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish the story had different dialog depending on who you brought. Killed Eliwood with Roy, and Eliwood is still talking about looking forward to fighting with Roy one day.

How would you rate those units.

Lucina & Robin = amazing

Tiki = almost amazing (seemed she had a lot of weaknesses leading into end game)

Camilla = best green/axe user I used? always seemed underwhelming and like her skills were infighting with eachother. bad defensive unit to "put one space into the red" because she'd always get doubled up with her skills.

Sölf

It works like this:

Send a unit home = gaining feathers you can use to increase the rank of any unit.

Fusing two units which are not the same rarity = You get SP and I THINK the feathers you would have gained are instead reduced for the units rank increase cost. So if a unit would cost 200 feathers to rank up and the fused unit would have given you 10, it now costs 190 feathers instead.

Fusing two units of the same rarity = The unit basically gains a level up that doesn't count towards your normal level ups. Instead of 14 -> 15 it's instead 14 -> 14+. You also gain EXP and the feather cost of the fused unit is reduced by the amount you would have gained if you would have send it home instead. So, as written above, if a unit would normally cost 200 feathers to rank up and sending the unit home would give you 10 feathers, it now only costs 190 feathers.

If you increase the rank of a fused unit (with level "14+" or something) the "background level ups" disappear. So, if you don't plan on using the unit at some point, send duplicates home to gain feathers you can use on any other unit. If you know you want to use that unit anyway (the 3 main characters come to mind) you can fuse duplicates. The unite becomes stronger, since it gains a "background level up" and the feathers aren't lost, just tied to this specific unit. It's also a huge SP boost and I am pretty sure fusing will be one of the only ways to further strengthen 5* units later on.

Gvitor

Thanks a lot, guys.

Yeah, merging seems pretty useless outside of that extra level, and I don't think that'll be overly necessary to beat the game, even on Lunatic (judgind by some other posts in this thread).

Guess I'm abandoning this Virion for good and going for the 4* one. I really need a decent long-range character. My first roll gave me 3 of my main team so far (5* Lucina, 4* Sakura and 4*FemCorrin), but everything since has been awful.

Good to know, thank you!

Also, I read that the two orbs a day will stop in about two weeks. This makes me wonder, how am I going to gain orbs once I'm done with the story mode?
Redo the story missions on hard and lunatic difficulty to get more orbs. At least for now.

kswiston

It's linked, I've wiped the data, uninstalled the app, downloaded the whole thing again, relinked, and I still get it after downloading the game data.

Is your phone rooted? 803-3001 error seems to be common on rooted phones, and might be an app ban.

Is there any specific reason to keep levelling a unit past lv. 20 if you plan to raise their star ranking?

I'm definitely raising my 3* Frederick to 4* when I have enough feathers, but he's already past lv. 20 right now. Should I try to get him to lv. 40 first?

Which Summoning Focus would be better at the moment? Deep Division has more SS-Tier characters in Focus.
I think that really depends on what you're going for. If you're looking for strong characters, maybe DD (although later balance changes may make that strength moot), if you're just looking for a specific character, then whatever. I went with DD since it happened to have the character I wanted who was strong anyways (Lyn).

Ezalc

Got 5 star Lyn, 4 star sakura and Bartre and a 3 star Donny. I guess this is enough. Gonna try to link my account, I was able to summon 5 units two more times and I didn't get anything good. Just want Hector and my boy Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom