• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't play the game since friday, I have 2 questions :

- What are the items you get during the week-end ?

- Can I link my NNID to a new My Nintendo account ?

After rerolling for another day, I finally had an account with 2 Takumis, 4* Kagero, 4* Hinata and 4*Nowi. Is this account a keeper or should I reroll some more?

Woah, I just did a post-reroll pull trying for Camilla and got Hector instead. I'll take that!

Really happy with how my squad looks. 5* Marth, Takumi, Hector and a 4* Clarine to keep them topped off. Think I'll try some more reds on the first banner for Tiki when I hit 20 again.
Two best unites in the game . well done.

MicH

Really happy we're getting an event tomorrow very. I was worried we wouldn't see any new content for a while so this good. Absolutely essential to ensure a gacha game doesn't die

After rerolling for another day, I finally had an account with 2 Takumis, 4* Kagero, 4* Hinata and 4*Nowi. Is this account a keeper or should I reroll some more?
Nice! Keep the two Takumi separate as they will wreck arena for you

Rootbeer

Banned
Yup. Whew, thank goodness they are giving it a true level of support. These games need content additions at least once per week. new quests, events, gacha characters added, etc. Or players drop like flies.

champloo

I just realized that Xander is not obtainable.. all 7 other royals and retainers in Fates can be pulled.. including Xander's retainers

ggx2ac

Arena:

Offense 3001+ points = 1600 feathers
Defense 251+ points = 500 feathers
Rank 1 = 5000 feathers

So you could get a maximum of 8100 feathers per week.

If I at least stay between 10k to 30k in rank I'll get 1500 feathers. I can't do much about it when I don't have a Takumi and my Camilla and Marth are low level to add to my team.

In case anyone asks, defense points are earned by having your team win when someone fights you, not when you're dueling. The team used in the arena is your first team, so set that up with your strongest characters if you want defense points.

Ken

I hardly get much XP at all. But then, my characters are around Level 18-19 and I'm doing the Level 18 Training Mission. The next step up for me is Fifth Stratum at Level 24 enemies, not sure if that would be too difficult for me or not. Might be worth a try...

Edit: Okay, that wasn't difficult at all.

add me makoto!

8527773375 - Qhon

you can help protect elise-chan's precious smile

champloo

Arena:

Rank 1 = 5000 feathers

If I at least stay between 10k to 30k in rank I'll get 1500 feathers. I can't do much about it when I don't have a Takumi and my Camilla and Marth are low level to add to my team.

In case anyone asks, defense points are earned by having your team win when someone fights you, not when you're dueling. The team used in the arena is the first one, so set that up with your strongest characters if you want defense points.

and don't put your strongest unit in front so that nobody dares to pick you. Hide your Takumis and Hectors behind a Wrys.

Arena:

Rank 1 = 5000 feathers

In case anyone asks, defense points are earned by having your team win when someone fights you, not when you're dueling. The team used in the arena is your first team, so set that up with your strongest characters if you want defense points.

If you - by some strange chance - happen to have a good Cavalry unit with Lightning attribute you can ride that to the higher arena ranks pretty easily. Most of the "Advanced" people you play usually have a couple of Fire units and a Takumi - which most cavalry units (especially ones with Aegis) do pretty well against.

So given that there's a friend cap, and given that you only greet five random friends per day...what's the point of even having the friend system? I guess maybe it's possible they'll add some kind of mode to play against friends someday?

Because otherwise, why even bother implementing it if you're only going to get the equivalent of 1/4000 of what I need to unlock a single 4* character...

syncyes

Spent money on a mobile game for the first time because I really just wanted a single 5 star unit >_> got lucina, so I can hoard orbs in peace now without looking longingly at the summon tab

duckroll

So given that there's a friend cap, and given that you only greet five random friends per day...what's the point of even having the friend system? I guess maybe it's possible they'll add some kind of mode to play against friends someday?

Because otherwise, why even bother implementing it if you're only going to get the equivalent of 1/4000 of what I need to unlock a single 4* character...

Do you really think they're implementing it for PLAYERS' benefit? Seriously? It's just a social hook to motivate people to talk to their friends about it and try to get other friends to play it. Pyramid scheme crap. I've never seen a friend system in any mobile title that's really about having a friend list, rather than it being an excuse to get people to spam their friends and promote the game.

A respectable mobile game like TERRA BATTLE does it in a much more graceful way. You are asked to refer friends directly, and you get rewards for each referral. But there is no friend list. If you want to play Co-op or PvP with friends, you can create private rooms and share the room code directly. It's great.

evanmisha

sQPa0G5.jpg

How'd I do, GAF?

Do you really think they're implementing it for PLAYERS' benefit? Seriously? It's just a social hook to motivate people to talk to their friends about it and try to get other friends to play it. Pyramid scheme crap. I've never seen a friend system in any mobile title that's really about having a friend list, rather than it being an excuse to get people to spam their friends and promote the game.

Puzzles and Dragons has the best use. Your friends leader is Crucial to your own teams composition. Also has online co op as well.

If it wasn't for my Tharja I'd consider rerolling. Only one 5star and not a single axe user except for the main story girl.

If anyone rerolling gets a 5star Tharja and doesn't want it, I'd gladly take it 😃
lE199cW.jpg

duckroll

Puzzles and Dragons has the best use. Your friends leader is Crucial to your own teams composition. Also has online co op as well.

I don't understand. If you're talking about sharing characters, lots of mobile games do that. What's the actual function of the Friend List in PAD though?

Caim

Friend list is pretty useless at the moment.

Usually in most game it's taking whatever leader your friend has like (OPTC, Dokkan, etc) to the mission with you as an extra unit for you team.

Both days so far I've only gotten feathers from 5 people despite having a capped out friend list. (50, 52?)

It's only day two though and they can always make changes, hope it happens soon.

A respectable mobile game like TERRA BATTLE does it in a much more graceful way. You are asked to refer friends directly, and you get rewards for each referral. But there is no friend list. If you want to play Co-op or PvP with friends, you can create private rooms and share the room code directly. It's great.
Lmao, I knew I could bait you into another Terra Battle comment 😏

Nah, but seriously you're kind of getting at what I mean. The way the game currently implements the friend list, how is it going to encourage any social interaction? More importantly, how would it even encourage the pyramid scheme mentality? I have a list of friends (which has a cap that I hit already), I see their name, the last time they were on and their favorite hero. I can't use that hero in any of my own battles. I can't see their team. I can't see their progress in events/storylines. It's barebones info. More importantly, the reward I get for hounding them to turn on the app (i.e. to get them to press "greet" once a day) is an absolute pittance, a mere five feathers a day. And I have no incentive to hound them to actually progress in the story and get better units, because I can't use their units in my own game. I dunno, I guess I'm not really seeing the social hook here or how I could even benefit FEH if I wanted to be a slavish fanboy.

another 20 orbs but they're getting scarce since everything is like 15 stamina now. keep summoning or finish my castle? still have 3 upgrades to go

FZZ

Banned
3rd set of 20

this set was all 3 stars

when you get better rates in Monsterstrike you know something is wrong

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, how the hell do you even get defense points in Arena? Pray to RNG gods that someone matches against your team and loses?

Caim

Ok, how the hell do you even get defense points in Arena? Pray to RNG gods that someone matches against your team and loses?

I think the description said the team in the leftmost slot?

The problem is you can't really tell where that is so I made the same team on every slot and now and I'm getting points for defense.

Yeah. Running a healer on your far left team helps a lot as well.

I think the description said the team in the leftmost slot?

The problem is you can't really tell where that is so I made the same team on every slot and now and I'm getting points for defense.

There are tiny dots underneath the team selector. At least in the Edit Team screen.

Jayhawk

My friend ID is 8254006200. Please mention something here if you're gonna add. Not gonna accept generic-named Kiran, and I've been ignoring all these requests from JP players that probably face me in arena.

mikemandey

It seems you don't need healers on the arena especially on intermediate and hard... They usually can one shot each other.

Also, the rating on Altema and feheroes for Linde isn't accurate. She's listed there as an A-tier hero. But on the arena, the battle between Takumi and her usually is determined by who attacks first. She arguably should be on S or SS tier.

daffy

Banned
Quick question: has anyone been able to listen to music while playing the app? I tried to disable all sound using "silent mode" or muting the sfx individually, but no luck.

Flintty

I've been on the fence about buying Awakening for ages but this mobile game has pushed me over and now I want a full FE experience. But should I start at Awakening or should I go straight in for Fates: Birthright? I found Birthright for a decent price but I know I'l have to pay more in the long run, assuming I need to play Conquest and Revelations to get the full picture? Advice please GAF!.

Caim

Quick question: has anyone been able to listen to music while playing the app? I tried to disable all sound using "silent mode" or muting the sfx individually, but no luck.

Touch the sound symbol in the top left on the base.

Works for me.

EDIT: Nvm that is also considered silent mode. I'm on iOS if that helps.

AndrewPL

I've been on the fence about buying Awakening for ages but this mobile game has pushed me over and now I want a full FE experience. But should I start at Awakening or should I go straight in for Fates: Birthright? I found Birthright for a decent price but I know I'l have to pay more in the long run, assuming I need to play Conquest and Revelations to get the full picture? Advice please GAF!.

If you like heroes...I'm going to say you'll want to play both awakening and fates anyway so just spend the money on them and enjoy it!

Golnei

If you start up the music player and play something, then resume it from the notification bar once the game starts (and automatically pauses it); it should work. You'll also still need to mute the music from the game settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom