• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
C34cbxCUEAAWwdN.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/wickedalucard/status/828131170491604992

if there's any reason FE Heroes was worth it, it was a good excuse for good artists to draw some good lyndis

ccbfan

Any idea how to get a healer without rolling. This game is really lacking on the free character front. Other f2p games tend to give you some options even if you don't roll.

MicH

Any idea how to get a healer without rolling. This game is really lacking on the free character front. Other f2p games tend to give you some options even if you don't roll.
Lissa is in the special quests rotation so you'll be able to get her one of these days

Jayhawk

Why do I keep getting 803-3001 error codes when launching the game now? I had them earlier today, and I reinstalled and then it stopped for a while, now it's happening again. I logged in with my Nintendo Network ID and linked it, yet still I get this crap. What the hell.

Happens if your phone is rooted. Nintendo suspends rooted phones for short periods of time.

So that max-level Takumi thread on Reddit seems to indicate that your unit's final stats will end up being one of three (or more) pre-determined set values. Only three different variations of his max level stats were discovered out of the several people who posted their Takumi's max level stats.

Caim

Lissa will be the Special Map on Tuesday.

She's a healer, but I'm not sure how good she is plus free units are only 1 and 2* at the moment.

PtM

Banned
Why do I keep getting 803-3001 error codes when launching the game now? I had them earlier today, and I reinstalled and then it stopped for a while, now it's happening again. I logged in with my Nintendo Network ID and linked it, yet still I get this crap. What the hell.
Delete /data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.xml

redcrayon

About to hit a paywall in chapter 8 hard mode. I've used all my orbs pretty consistently for summoning (only one 5+ and zero 5 regs). I'm down to two stamina potions and I've cleared all the hard mode reward quests (minus chapter 8/9 completion). Consistently win on the highest level in battle arena.

I'd like to save orbs for summoning but that means waiting for the guage to recharge. So I've hit the point where I just play for 15-20 minutes a day. Was fun while it lasted. 3 orbs for $2 is too much to just recharge the guage and get a couple missions worth. And $10 to summon 5 times is asinine given I've had complete summons result in all 3 stars.
I just got a free orb as a weekend log-in bonus, two yesterday as an app-release bonus and two more today. I think it's worth waiting to see just how many free orbs are going to be given out before spending any money.

Even if you aren't actively playing it, it's probably worth tapping on the app once a week to stock up on free giveaways for the next content release.

ggx2ac

Lissa will be the Special Map on Tuesday.

She's a healer, but I'm not sure how good she is plus free units are only 1 and 2* at the moment.

She's like a weaker version of Elise.

Both have a heal where they can buff everyone with Atk+4 for the turn, both can heal themselves, both have Gravity which can slow fast moving units for a turn, but Elise rides a horse which gives her more movement and has a stronger healing staff.

chrono01

So, what's the best way to level my characters? I'd rather grind it on enemies and not use shards, since I miss out on SP doing the former. But then, I could always grind SP by killing Level 40 enemies after I hit the level cap...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, what's the best way to level my characters? I'd rather grind it on enemies and not use shards, since I miss out on SP doing the former. But then, I could always grind SP by killing Level 40 enemies after I hit the level cap...

Training missions. Do it while they are half stamina

Don't know if its already been mentioned, but you do get a little neat conversation with a unit once you max them out. Not sure if they have to be a 5-star or not.

Kyoufu

Let's be real here, this game isn't very good, or good at all. Shame, really. On the bright side, it makes me want to buy the real FE games which are likely a lot better than Heroes, so there's that.

Hylian7

Happens if your phone is rooted. Nintendo suspends rooted phones for short periods of time.

Why short periods of time?

Why the hell are Nintendo and Niantic (Pokemon Go) of the assumption that rooters = cheaters?! I swear if they block rooted phones on this game too...
Delete /data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.xml

No dice.

Edit: Completely closed the game and this worked. Still a pain in the ass if I have to do this every few hours though.

Looking at that tier list, can someone brief me on Cordelia's rank? I have Cordelia, Est and Catria. What's makes Cordelia so much better?

Cordelia's Galeforce ability gives her much more strength (edit: mobility, rather) than the other Pegasus riders.

I just got my first triple 5-star. Pulled another Lucina, a Fae, and a Lynde. Really not sure how to evaluate Lynde since she does heal "for free" (as in she can be offensive while healing) but she also uses her own life to do so.

chrono01

The training missions themselves give out a ton of EXP without the need to use shards.
I hardly get much XP at all. But then, my characters are around Level 18-19 and I'm doing the Level 18 Training Mission. The next step up for me is Fifth Stratum at Level 24 enemies, not sure if that would be too difficult for me or not. Might be worth a try...

Edit: Okay, that wasn't difficult at all.

Totakeke

Regarding tier lists, looks like this one is establishing itself as the one to follow for now, at least for English

http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

I think that one gets a lot of them wrong. Among the english ones I find myself agreeing with this one more although it's missing a number of characters. Probably because it's trying to get them right rather being the first one to rate everyone.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/tier-list

Regardless they all still shift around a lot right now, I don't see how that one is establishing itself. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So 5 weeks of event maps, 3 orbs from normal, 3 from hard? Seems good.

I wonder if the maps will be themed.

I think that one gets a lot of them wrong. Among the english ones I find myself agreeing with this one more although it's missing a number of characters. Probably because it's trying to get them right rather being the first one to rate everyone.

Regardless they all still shift around a lot right now, I don't see how that one is establishing itself. :p

If Takumi and Hector aren't at the top of the list, you shouldn't trust it. I would almost bet I could run a 7 chain in Arena with just the two of them as long as I didn't encounter them along the way. That's how strong they feel. Although, a second viewpoint on things this early on is always useful.

Any downside to merging allies at this point? I pulled a 2nd Lyn and don't plan on using both. It looks like I'll get a +1 level and 120 SP for merging.

You can't run two of them in a party. That's it.

mstevens

Any downside to merging allies at this point? I pulled a 2nd Lyn and don't plan on using both. It looks like I'll get a +1 level and 120 SP for merging.

Right.. I'm wondering if the stats from the +level will be better if I level the other one or something. I guess there's no way to know for now.

I'm only anxious to merge so I can get Galeforce sooner.

Velcro Fly

Yo I just pulled Lyn! I have only completed Chapter 1 of the story so these orbs are mostly the 10 free ones from My Nintendo and the login bonus.

Pull was literally 4 4* and the 5* Lyn

4 star Cordelia
4 star Matthew
4 star Sakura (yay a healer!)
4 star Nino
5 star Lyn

Feels good. Feels damn good.

Totakeke

If Takumi and Hector aren't at the top of the list, you shouldn't trust it. I would almost bet I could run a 7 chain in Arena with just the two of them as long as I didn't encounter them along the way. That's how strong they feel.

That list did rate Takumi as 9.5/10. Unless you're definitively sure he's better than Ryoma/Leo/Linde that list is still pretty accurate to me.

Rootbeer

Banned

Most of the tier lists have very similar weightings. But feheroes.wiki has a much better looking chart that nicely segments the units out into categories so you get a fuller idea of the tier rankings. More useful, IMO.

Also, it's a wiki. So you can very easily influence the rankings if you want to participate.

That list did rate Takumi as 9.5/10. Unless you're definitively sure he's better than Ryoma/Leo/Linde that list is still pretty accurate to me.

My bad. I somehow missed skipped past Hector and Linde and went straight to the next section. I personally think Takumi is the strongest character at this exact moment as far as arena goes. Ryouma gives him a run for his money and Hector is absolutely insane.

I like the other tier list better still, but they aren't really much different on second look.

Edit: Some opinions on where I think this list goes wrong - Tharja and Lyn are both at least a tier too low. Hinoka's speed loss can be devastating so I don't see how she beats Lyn out - especially since Lyn has Galeforce. Neither Fae nor Nowi are on the list - especially strange considering how similar Fae and Linde are.
The Wiki list also has some issues - namely Robin is at least a tier too high and Abel is definitely an S-tier given the popularity of the Red Lords in Arena as well as Takumi who counters most of the ranged units.

I'm not really sure what these tier lists evaluate though. Nothing in the story mode is particularly challenging but none of the tier lists even give a nod to the "Meta" created by the Focus characters being easier to find from the gacha.

Moonlight

Banned
Cordelia's Galeforce ability gives her much more strength (edit: mobility, rather) than the other Pegasus riders.

I just got my first triple 5-star. Pulled another Lucina, a Fae, and a Lynde. Really not sure how to evaluate Lynde since she does heal "for free" (as in she can be offensive while healing) but she also uses her own life to do so.
She doesn't need to use her own life to heal, that's just her field skill. Linde is probably the best healer in the game considering how much damage she outputs and the versatility of the healing to adjacent units that comes with it. Park her behind someone and you're good to go.

Jayhawk

With the RNG of stats, I recommend leveling both up to 40 or close to it before merging. Then you'll see which version you like better.

Totakeke

Most of the tier lists have very similar weightings. But feheroes.wiki has a much better looking chart that nicely segments the units out into categories so you get a fuller idea of the tier rankings. More useful, IMO.

Also, it's a wiki. So you can very easily influence the rankings if you want to participate.

It's a work in progress like the others. The B tier is rubbish for example. I also think I prefer some description on the placement of each character.

Kettch

Woah, I just did a post-reroll pull trying for Camilla and got Hector instead. I'll take that!

Really happy with how my squad looks. 5* Marth, Takumi, Hector and a 4* Clarine to keep them topped off. Think I'll try some more reds on the first banner for Tiki when I hit 20 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom