• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Hidari's art can get too uguu. Lovely coloring & lineart tho.

I never said Kozaki was getting worse, and I hope I didn't imply that at all. ("I feel like he's running out of steam, too busy, and/or not given too much artistic freedom") I also feel like FE Fates burned him out because he had to design double the characters in one go.

I regret mentioning it in the first place, lol. I was reminiscing about his past works and feeling down that he can't put out some great pieces because he has to churn out things quickly for his clients nowadays. It's tough to be an artist in-demand!

No worries. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Suppose I just misread you.

Moonlight's commentary is better than what I could offer you!

Hidari's art is whatever. Dig up Da Vinci from the motherfuckin grave and get a REAL artist on this.

LMAO

vaporeon

I mean, I'm not sure how fair it is to say that his art lacks personality because the characters aren't striking unique poses in the art as they're depicted by the site resources and such, especially when there's art that depicts a lot more dynamic action by the characters. I'll draw your attention to Anna's critical hit art, and there's a lot of detail in her expression and her pose clearly sells the heft and weight being created behind the strike. It's a great looking pose from a technical perspective, and I think the 'timing' of it (at the anticipatory peak before the swing) is very well depicted. I don't see how any of this is inherently less 'personable' than something like Cordelia's character art in Awakening. Plus the typical Kozaki details like the attention to hair motion.

As a side note, it's always super cool seeing Kozaki's stuff at high-res to notice all the slightly uneven pencil work.

And again, I think his key art for the game really demonstrates that Kozaki is still an incredible talent in visual composition. All the points in it converging onto the center, the placement of the characters to form a neat semi-circle 'profile', the attention paid to character positioning so as to keep distinct silhouettes and the clear throughline that runs through the middle of the mass of characters starting with Ike and ending in Alphonse's blade, it's all really thought through. Not quite as good as his Awakening boxart, but very visually appealing all the same.

And because I can't stop mentioning it, another showcase for how fluid Kozaki manages to draw hair movement.

Otherwise you're striking at something intangible I can't really tackle. But comparing his stuff for Heroes to his portfolio I don't really see what you mean by a lack of personality to it. Kozaki's very consistent in that regard.
I actually haven't seen that Anna art. I guess I totally skipped all the action poses, lol. Sorry about that! Other than feeling his color palette's are getting blander & how he stopped shading with black, idk why I still feel so unimpressed. :(

Forkball

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about mobile release dates (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with early access games where you can release it whenever like an asshole. If you screw someone over on launch day, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gatcha grinding public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fire Emblem Heroes, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and release Fire Emblem Heroes or you can kiss your business goodbye.

sehui

I don't know how much the rest of you know about mobile release dates (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with early access games where you can release it whenever like an asshole. If you screw someone over on launch day, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gatcha grinding public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fire Emblem Heroes, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and release Fire Emblem Heroes or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I dont think nintendo ever confirmed when it would be released in Japan, other than Feb 2nd. Still have about ~10 hours to deliver.

ggx2ac

I just remembered, Nintendo never mentioned preregistered numbers yesterday for Super Mario Run (Android) and Fire Emblem Heroes. Super Mario Run (iOS) had 20 million.

I'm guessing only two people will download the game on first day.

Guessing 400k for first day downloads.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
...right. Which is why I expected it to be out now. This seems like the usual time for game drops.

Unless they're waiting for the US store to refresh, in which case, enjoy your game on the 3rd Japan!
Well I find it more common for games to drop at around 5pm in Japan, but who knows.

1upsuper

My gacha experience is limited to a couple hours of FGO and I don't even play mobile games much but I'm still refreshing this thread frequently. I've got that FEver I guess.

centracore

Hahaha, to this day this is still my favourite GAF meme.

vareon

I like how this joke can be applied to any little thing and it will sound incredibly petty lol.

mstevens

Dang- was hoping to start rerolling tonight. I'm really excited for this one.

See you guys in the morning and good luck on your first rolls.

Forkball

I like how this joke can be applied to any little thing and it will sound incredibly petty lol.
This picture is also timely for any Nintendo event.

C2AJtAgWEAQHssp

ggx2ac

The my.nintendo rewards items aren't too bad. It's obvious they don't want you getting orbs for free constantly but you won't have to waste money if you want to regenerate stamina, level up characters, continue and, regenerate duel swords.

Ken

The my.nintendo rewards items aren't too bad. It's obvious they don't want you getting orbs for free constantly but you won't have to waste money if you want to regenerate stamina, level up characters, continue and, regenerate duel swords.

Is that all for platinum points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom