• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriBlade

So I'm in a few missions into chapter 9 and I'm starting to run into a wall. I've been getting carried so far by my 5 star Hector but the best blue unit I have is my starting Sharena and my healer Maria doesn't even have an attack (not sure if that's normal).

ABQYwYl.jpg

beZ07M1.jpg

flLvWgx.jpg

fmlmGdj.jpg

Here's what the rest of my units look like, should I just start trying to grind some of my other 4 stars like Tiki or Frederick up to help out?

RUB5VNC.jpg

Healer can learn skills that allow them to attack.

So I'm in a few missions into chapter 9 and I'm starting to run into a wall. I've been getting carried so far by my 5 star Hector but the best blue unit I have is my starting Sharena and my healer Maria doesn't even have an attack (not sure if that's normal).

ABQYwYl.jpg

beZ07M1.jpg

flLvWgx.jpg

fmlmGdj.jpg

Here's what the rest of my units look like, should I just start trying to grind some of my other 4 stars like Tiki or Frederick up to help out?

RUB5VNC.jpg
You have so many characters I want. D:

For Maria, have you unlocked her attacks with your SP points?

Dreavus

Rerolling has broken my spirits.

I just got a 5* Lyn, 4* Chrom and 4* Robin in my last reroll. I can't be bothered rerolling for anything better - I've already wasted hours and hours on it.

Honestly if you have a 5 star and are tired of rolling I'd say go for it. I know some are advocating waiting for two but unless you are using macros it's pretty soul crushing.

ABQYwYl.jpg

beZ07M1.jpg

flLvWgx.jpg

fmlmGdj.jpg

RUB5VNC.jpg
I would do the grinding. The Tower is really cheap to grind in right now with the stamina costs at half off, so it won't take long to get those 4 stars up to snuff. Until you get more 5 stars, 4 stars will be your bread and butter you build around your powerhouses, and they are NOT useless at this stage of the game, especially on normal maps.
EDIT: Of course learning new skills does help a lot too, heheh.

Cerium

What's the word on Lissa? Is she any good? I've been debating whether I should mix up my lineup with a healer and she's my only 4* staff user.

Falchion

I would do the grinding. The Tower is really cheap to grind in right now with the stamina costs at half off, so it won't take long to get those 4 stars up to snuff. Until you get more 5 stars, 4 stars will be your bread and butter you build around your powerhouses, and they are NOT useless at this stage of the game, especially on normal maps.

Yeah I'll make an all 4 star team of my low level ones and start grinding them though.

Syrus

Banned
I have enough for another pull but the only character I really want is Takumi, maaaaaybe Lissa. No idea if I want to start hoarding or not, specially since I already have an all-5 star team...

Decisions decisions...

Im waiting til next banner to pull. Did 2 20 pulls. Got lucinna and camilla , bartre is awesome too

Syntsui

Third legit pull on main account. Somehow the worst of them all, holy shit. It won`t be possible to do a full pull anymore with what the game has to offer, so I hope we get a generous event next week.

Third legit pull on main account. Somehow the worst of them all, holy shit. It won`t be possible to do a full pull anymore with what the game has to offer, so I hope we get a generous event next week.

That doesn't sound right on your "third legit pull". You get realise you can get more orbs by doing the story mode stages on hard/lunatic too? So you should be able to get at least 135 orbs in game just from the story mode.

eyesradar

holy you have Hector and Maria...just grind a few levels off the tower.

technically you should be able to take everything down slowly with Hector + Healer.

Kenai

What's the word on Lissa? Is she any good? I've been debating whether I should mix up my lineup with a healer and she's my only 4* staff user.

Pretty solid to me, although I got a few lucky mega stat levels on her. My 3* one was holding up pretty well in arena since she can learn Gravity for control and has a decent passive.

I did replace mine with my 4* Serra who is also pretty good but if I got a 4* or better Lissa I'd probably go back to her. For healers it seems like picking whichever has the passive stat booster you want the best.

I'm tempted to use my 20 orbs now, why shouldn't I?

In gacha games like this your Orbs (currency) get better over time because the best newer units tend to be better than the best older units due to power creep. So if there's nothing in particular you "need" to progress than saving them for later banners is preferable.

Vamphuntr

I have her. She heals 7 on a ally and heal herself that much. Her special abilities has 1 count cooldown so the next heal heals 17 but heal herself 17. Learning her attack skill is 50 SP, She has a 200 SP skills that grant ATK+4 when she heals.

Zafir

Honestly if you have a 5 star and are tired of rolling I'd say go for it. I know some are advocating waiting for two but unless you are using macros it's pretty soul crushing.

Yep.

I just have better things to do with my time really. :p

Maybe eventually I can upgrade Robin and Chrom to 5* anyway (though not for a long while with how much it seems to require).

Syntsui

That doesn't sound right on your "third legit pull". You get realise you can get more orbs by doing the story mode stages on hard/lunatic too? So you should be able to get at least 135 orbs in game just from the story mode.

It won't be possible for me. I can't clear high end Hard and Lunatic story missions.

5* Robin can only go so far.

chrono01

It's been a while but was that how that shit show Phantom of Kill did it? I recall re-rolling was an absolute pain because you didnt just want the right character you wanted the right character with the right attribute
I think it was even worse in PotK, since the stat differences between each nature were a lot wider and you weren't guaranteed to get the correct allocations in each stat, even with same natures across different characters. Basically, it was three layers of RNG, one to get the character at all, two to get a great nature (which gave you the maximum stat cap for each), and then hope that you got nice stat increases after each level up (this was completely random).

So yeah, fun times. :/

I got into the 30s before I finally got a 5* unit, and almost 40 before I finally settled on a Lynn. Never seen any multi 5* rolls, and Lynn is still my only 5* unit in this save I decided to keep.

Edit: Lol as I complain I pull a Fae, an off banner SS tier 5*-only character. Oh gacha
Actually, you can get Fae as a 4* too. She's pretty amazing, though. Congrats.

Man, those 0 stat level ups sure are something.

In the words of Sully:

"Damnit!"
Yeah, it feels really awful. It helps knowing that it'll all balance out later, as you can never really "lose stats" when it's settled on that particular stat type, but it's still a bad feeling. :/

Hereeeee we go.
Nice man, congrats. Time to link that account!

It's really gonna be hellish once the training tower gets its stamina cost doubled. I already feel like I blow through a full bar in no time and usually only for a couple levels.
Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to that. :/

Zafir

Well I got a 5* Roy in my next roll on that account. Can't be too unhappy I decided to go with this one.

Shame both 5* ended up being swords(wo)men. Beggars can't be choosers though!

eyesradar

Just beat Hard campaign. Chapter 9's enemy hits like a truck lol.

My current line-up:

*5 Takumi x 2
*5 Camila
*5 Hinoka.

All at lvl 34.

I started with a Takumi pull then did two more pulls with the free orbs.
Obtained 3 Takumi in total. Where are the waifus!?

Dreavus

Well I got a 5* Roy in my next roll on that account. Can't be too unhappy I decided to go with this one.

Shame both 5* ended up being swords(wo)men. Beggars can't be choosers though!

Indeed!

I was lucky enough to pull Lyn, but alongside Marth something else might have been a bit better. She's crazy strong even at low levels though, jeez.

The summoner thanks you for your service, Lon'qu.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You mean from level-ups?

I think you get them from killing enemies too so there might be some variation.

No, I mean, every hero has a set amount of skill points they will have at level 40 (Though the distribution is semi-random). I am wondering how big the gap between level 40 is for 3/4/5 star characters.

Also, it looks like the Arena Season ends a 5PM EST on Monday, which is a bit odd. Says 22 hours left now.

Edit: Ok, I see the confusion, I'm talking about stat points, and keep calling them skill points.

Puruzi

Banned
I upgraded the Hana from the hero map thing from 2 to 4 stars and she's pretty damn good. Thinking of 5 starring her when I can.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I want to say this colour summon system is shit. It seems like the best characters are all locked behind Red, with a few behind Green and Blue.

So basically, you already lose even before you summon if you don't get the right colours. So that 3% is much lower than it actually appears.

I've had zero luck with rerolls for the most part, The best I have been able to do is a single 4* base. Anytime I've got a 5, it's been an off colour one resulting. Occasionally, I can pull a Roy, Marth, or Camilla.
Nah, being able to select the units you want + featured makes it super great. Duplicates are the bane of everything.

I rerolled for 4 hours to get a Tiki+Lyn, then solo rolled colors to get Camilla and Takumi with story orbs.
*sigh*

Deleted. Will give it a few more tries tomorrow.
Keep at it, it's not so bad.
The gap from 4 to 5* is massive. Hopefully they throw in some good farmable 4* merges that are close to some of the 5* sooner rather than later.

So, what's decent against those tank guys in chapter 9? Running 5* ryoma, taco, camilla, and lyn and still getting absolutely rekt. All mid to low 20's. I've got tons of ninjas but no healers so I can't just brute force it.

Kinsei

Banned
So, what's decent against those tank guys in chapter 9? Running 5* ryoma, taco, camilla, and lyn and still getting absolutely rekt. All mid to low 20's. I've got tons of ninjas but no healers so I can't just brute force it.

Magic and characters with an armorslayer/hammer.

lt519

My boy Roy got me up too Chapter 8 on Lunatic, hitting a wall trying to beat level 37-38 enemies when my average is 32. Gonna have to fight in the tower a bit to level.

Line up: Roy and Robin 5*+, Sophia 4*, Subaki 4*
Subs: Barte 4* (hammer), Cain 4*

Beat Chapter 9 on normal, pretty lackluster in terms of story and content thus far. I do think that battles are at least somewhat more complex then I was originally expecting but there isn't anywhere near as much depth as you'd get in a normal FE game, I know mobile and all but I think I was still originally hoping for more. I think the game is pretty good overall for a mobile game but I hope they plan to add more content to the game soon. I also really hope we see some characters released that center more on older games then the newer ones. I see some FE6/7 characters but way to many freaking Awakening and Fates characters.

As for the rest of the game...

Okay can I just say how freaking Broken Takumi is? He was my first 5 star I got and holy shit he is just nuts. His stats are insane but thats not what makes him broken, I have other 5 Star's with great stats too but Takumi's ability is nuts and it lets him solo entire maps. I'll literally be down 3 to 1 on an arena map and he will just take out everyone. Only battles I lose are when Takumi gets killed via a close up attack but I'm investing next in the one where he can counter attack at melee range and then I think it'll just be GG for this entire game XD

Azuran

Banned
Add my new account guys! My old one has been nuked from existence so make sure to delete it if I'm in your friend list

34825 47758

Time to go through this thread again to re-add everyone I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom