• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

It won't be possible for me. I can't clear high end Hard and Lunatic story missions.

5* Robin can only go so far.

Level your characters in the training tower. Outside of the last chapter or two, you should be able to clear almost all of hard with a regular 3/4 star team. I havent started Lunatic yet.

Zafir

Add my new account guys! My old one has been nuked from existence so make sure to delete it if I'm in your friend list

34825 47758

Time to go through this thread again to re-add everyone I had.

Added.

Also now I've finally settled on account, feel free to add me Gaffers. My main is set to Lyn I think, I dunno if that matters mind.

ID - 1497816407

chrono01

Add my new account guys! My old one has been nuked from existence so make sure to delete it if I'm in your friend list

34825 47758

Will add you shortly!

Congrats on the new account, BTW. Both Ryoma and Tiki are amazing.

Added.

Also now I've finally settled on account, feel free to add me Gaffers. My main is set to Lyn I think, I dunno if that matters mind.

ID - 1497816407
Will also add you!

We really need a Google Doc or something, so I can go through and see who's who, as well as add people. I'm getting random invite, but considering there's no personal message so you can add a GAF tag to it), it's difficult to know who's from GAF and who isn't. If we had a Google doc, at least that way I could check to see if the name matches with anyone there.

Draxal

Will add you shortly!

Congrats on the new account, BTW. Both Ryoma and Tiki are amazing.

Will also add you!

We really need a Google Doc or something, so I can go through and see who's who, as well as add people. I'm getting random invite, but considering there's no personal message so you can add a GAF tag to it), it's difficult to know who's from GAF and who isn't. If we had a Google doc, at least that way I could check to see if the name matches with anyone there.

The Google doc is on discord ATM, don't have an invite on hand though as I'm on mobile.

chrono01

We should all decide to put gaf in our names... too hard to tell if people are randoms.
I was thinking of doing this, but I hate seeing ChronoGAF show up all of the time in the story. I know, small gripe, but it does bother me. >_<

Normally, having GAF in your username or not isn't an issue in previous gatcha games I've played, since I just check through the Google doc to see if they're listed and then add them.

The Google doc is on discord ATM, don't have an invite on hand though as I'm on mobile.
Oh nice, thanks. I'll have to join Discord then.

Day 4 of reroll.
Was unhappy with my single 5* Lyn account.
Although I pulled 5* Camilia, but it costed me over 30 orbs. (which is bad for F2P)

Annoying, but rerolling is really fast though.
Probably one of the fastest mobage rerolls (with emulators).

It won't be possible for me. I can't clear high end Hard and Lunatic story missions.

5* Robin can only go so far.

I think you should be able to get through at least 80% of hard and 70% of lunatic just by overleveling even 3 star rankers. The game isn't that hard if you have a big level advantage. Unless the ai gets way better, dunno, I'm only partway through hard.

Glass Joe

Been having fun so far. Apparently my friend ID is 9570925665 .... If that helps make the game more enjoyable to you or me, feel free to add it, lol.

chrono01

So, I pulled a 3 star robin. Once I level him and take him to 5 stars, is he just as good as of I pulled a 5* Robin straight up?
Yes indeed.

It just takes more time to get there, but once you do, a 5* Robin and another 5* Robin (leveled up from 3*) will have the exact same base stats. The only difference will come from their stat growths and which "nature" they get, but that has nothing to do with their beginning rarity.

kswiston

So, I pulled a 3 star robin. Once I level him and take him to 5 stars, is he just as good as of I pulled a 5* Robin straight up?

Yes, from what I have read. I pulled a 3-star version of him as well. Such a troll that I-S has the special focus animation play for all versions of the character, rather than the featured 5-star version.

I am deciding on whether to upgrade him or Olivia to 4-stars this week with my Arena feathers. I don't think I will have enough to upgrade both.

Kouriozan

34825 47758

Saw your new roll and it's 100% worth it, added you again.
Posting my ID back, too : 67614 61343

gaiages

Banned
I mean, it kinda sucks that we have to join the Discord to get to the spreadsheet list... can someone just, like, put the list in e-mail tags or something?

duckroll

All this talk about upgrading characters to 5-star is bullshit. Has anyone even done it? It takes what, 2000 feathers from 3 to 4, and 20,000 feathers from 4 to 5? Lol.

Man, I really should have kept up with the quests. Finally unlocked the next tier and I've done all this shit already and didn't get credit

So with my 4th reroll I got a 5star lynn so said sod this I'm not doing that again.

I'm now up to 25+ orbs, dropped a few on the XP castle upgrades but should I just be rolling for more characters now?

Could do with a new ranged guy tho cos this bow dude is whack.

Syntsui

That doesn't sound right on your "third legit pull". You get realise you can get more orbs by doing the story mode stages on hard/lunatic too? So you should be able to get at least 135 orbs in game just from the story mode.

What 4 stars are on your team?

Camila and Peri are the only ones with potential for 5*, but that`s utterly impossible at the moment.

The other ones are Wrys, Felicia and Virion. I absolutely need a good red unit and the game refuses to give me even a 4* one.

At this moment,I have half of hard mode beaten, but most of the levels the majority of my units are being killed. I'm sure I won't be able to beat chapter 9 until all of them are at least 30+. I don't even consider doing Lunatic after all I've been through on hard. Some crazy farming will be needed. In about two weeks, maybe, things will be more favorable I think.

I'm probably missing something, but there's some sort of "swap" move? I saw that the AI sometime attacks with a unit and then it kinda swap it in the back

Draxal

I'm probably missing something, but there's some sort of "swap" move? I saw that the AI sometime attacks with a unit and then it kinda swap it in the back

yeah, they're some command moves that manilpulate the field.

Like marth has pivot that will let him pass through a friendly unit.

Vamphuntr

Yes for instance Marth has it (pivot). It a green skill (the shield icon). You can click on it during battle to read the description.

duckroll

The real whales have done so.

But that's the thing isn't it? If you're a whale, you're already going to be pulling 5-stars regularly, and the upgrade mechanic is just going to give you MORE 5-stars. My point is that for someone who doesn't pull that often and lacks 5-stars, the "dream" of upgrading units to 5-stars for free is just that... a dream.

Kouriozan

All this talk about upgrading characters to 5-star is bullshit. Has anyone even done it? It takes what, 2000 feathers from 3 to 4, and 20,000 feathers from 4 to 5? Lol.
I'll tell you in 15 days when we'll get 3 arena ranking reward (one tomorrow + 2x 1 week) :lol

Whales

Banned
been rerolling alot , got an account with a 5* takumi and 5* chrom, decided to settle on it... My dreams of a takumi and lyn account is broken but I cant take any rerolling no more

This game is fun when you actually play it too!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Does anyone know how arena matchmaking works? For example, I have a team of one 5*, two 4*, and a 3*, all level 21. My advanced opponents are usually one 5* and three 4*, all +2-3 levels above me. This is totally manageable for me, but I've heard horror stories of three or four 5* teams. Is the matchmaking actually intelligent enough to compare rarity/levels or have my last 4 games been lucky?

But that's the thing isn't it? If you're a whale, you're already going to be pulling 5-stars regularly, and the upgrade mechanic is just going to give you MORE 5-stars. My point is that for someone who doesn't pull that often and lacks 5-stars, the "dream" of upgrading units to 5-stars for free is just that... a dream.
If you do well in arena, you can realistically get 20k feathers every <10 weeks. Not bad for a dream eh? But yeah, it's ridiculous.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Halfway through hard, used up all my arena swords, and I think I'm getting a little bored of the gameplay. There's only so many ways I can tackle the same set of tiny maps over and over, even with 2 different teams.

Feels like this is missing the carrot/stick hook that other gacha games have - the big ones being account level growth to increase max stamina and character evolution/growth through varied material grinding.

This is mostly just making me want to play a new real fire emblem game right now (so maybe nintendo's strategy is working).

Kitoro

Day 4 of reroll.
Was unhappy with my single 5* Lyn account.
Although I pulled 5* Camilia, but it costed me over 30 orbs. (which is bad for F2P)

Annoying, but rerolling is really fast though.
Probably one of the fastest mobage rerolls (with emulators).

I pulled Lyn right from the get go, but it took me over 100 orbs to get my second 5*. 30 for a second 5* is great; I'd keep it.

Vamphuntr

My humble guess is that the events and collaboration will give feathers or a currency you can trade for feathers. They could always add training stages that gives feather too. Right now they hope people whale by pulling hard since you cannot upgrade to 5* easily. Arena is only going to get worse if games like FFBE are indication since whale team will stomp you.

Zafir

Well, okay game. I just now rolled a 5* Takumi lol.

I guess this is where all my Final Fantasy Brave Exvius luck went. It was all being channelled up for this one weekend. Where I finally got a 5* in FFBE and my luck finally arrived in this.

Uthred

Feels like this is missing the carrot/stick hook that other gacha games have - the big ones being account level growth to increase max stamina and character evolution/growth through varied material grinding.

They really could do with adding a way to increase maximum stamina, you can only get two of the higher level lunatic maps out of a full bar of stamina. But the reward for completing the levels is the same as completing the cheapest level on normal difficulty.

Kenai

It could be worse. As it stands now it's just a super long Arena/friend/quest grind, but when you finally upgrade them they are fully functioning 5*s the same as any baseline 5*. There is stat variation but since attack and magic were fused together most stats are relevant for all unit types too.

Compare this to gachas that will either make an upgraded unit/item worse than a natural 5* (FFRK) or an even worse grind with rare RNG drops (Granblue/BE) or premium things locked behind a paywall and nowhere else (Mobius) and this seems fine to me.

Draxal

Does anybody find it weird that the characters Sachiko Wada drew for this game was Virion, Cherche, Marth, and Barst. While Kita Senri has drawn Cecilia and Ryoma?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Why is anyone spending _days_ of rerolling? The game's not hard, you can get get orbs easily by playing the missions, and you get five new characters for every 20 orbs you get.
It's optimizing time. If you have a 6% chance of getting a 5* from an orb, that's like a 26% chance per pack, so one 5* in 80 orbs. For every 5* you get from a reroll, you are saving yourself that many orbs OR 20,000 feathers, not to mention that orbs are quasi-finite. Yes, it's not quite 100% accurate because 4*s do sort of matter, but really, the way the numbers have been designed, rolling for 5* characters saves you time and/or money.

That said, I only rerolled like 3 times before I gave up because I'm too old for this shit.

kswiston

3 to 4 stars isn't too difficult to do for free. 5-star is very difficult for now, but I am sure it will get easier with time.

For now, you have to pull those 5-star units, but you're pretty much guaranteed to pull a few 5* units given enough time.

The cumulative probability of pulling one or more 5* characters within 20 pulls (80 orbs) is about 71%, ignoring the fact that your odds go up a bit if you keep pulling on the same banner (I assume that resets when the banner changes).

The cumulative probability of pulling one or more 5* characters within 30 pulls (120 orbs) is about 84%.

Your initial 17 orbs, the 10 from My Nintendo, your normal and hard Feb mission orbs, and the 90 from the first two difficulties is cumulatively over 120.

ggx2ac

Aside from Pivot there's Shove to push allies to another space.

Drag back, drag an ally back 1 space.

There probably is a swap ability but I don't know.

Then there are skills that allow you to warp to an ally.

I noticed it's funny how none of the healers have Warp. Maybe it'd be OP to send a unit straight to the enemy to ambush.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You should be able to get enough features though the arena with enough time.

But yeah, I think you would be upping a unit to 5 stars very infrequently. Like every 2 months.

Some units don't roll in 5 star form at all though, and I'm betting there is some that are worth it to get to 5 stars.

kswiston

Don't spend any money. Rerolling is pretty easy and Camilla is a banner pull, so it shouldn't take too long to get her.

Even with the banner, Camilla's pull percentage is like 0.83% if you want the 5-star version. That's potentially a lot of re-rolls.

mikemandey

I'm sure this game is quite generous when it comes to 5* units... Almost everyone have one and rerolling isn't pain in the ass if you don't aim for specific rare characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom