• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

No matter how good are my units or how bad is the AI. I cant win if the opposite team has takumi even having Robin. I cant one shot him and he counter kills my robin and then one shots someone else. Even if I kill him later the damage is done. My heroes are all super squishy and all die super easy. Arena is not for me.

My team is Lyn,Leo,Robin,Marth all 5*

Take solace in the fact that, as broken as he is, Takumi is still an asshole and noone loves him.

redcrayon

How many free orbs can you get from the February quest? I guess when you finish the story mode that will be the primary source since this game doesn't have a consecutive login bonus.
At the moment there's two free orbs a day for the app launch, an orb on the weekend, plus orbs for the 45-odd story missions at normal, hard and lunatic each.

Orbs seem hard to come by because even this is a forum where people play a game for hours at launch and expect rapid advancement so they can finish it and move on.. Once new content (with fresh rewards) rolls around and new missions are added each week, and players get used to these kind of games being something you dip into over a protracted period of time rather than something you exhaust over it's opening weekend, it won't seem so bad.

It's feels deliberately limited to stop players feeling like they've maxed-out a team and finished all content before they've seen a tiny fraction of what's coming. The feathers thing in particular feels like something where they'll be in greater supply later as the amount of characters approaches the 200 limit that you can expand. Same goes for the lead npcs, Alfonse and the other one. You get them for free at 2* but as the 'story' progresses I guarantee there will be an event where you can pull for 3/4* versions at the mid-point and 4/5* versions of them towards the end.

FeD.nL

No matter how good are my units or how bad is the AI. I cant win if the opposite team has takumi even having Robin. I cant one shot him and he counter kills my robin and then one shots someone else. Even if I kill him later the damage is done. My heroes are all super squishy and all die super easy. Arena is not for me.

My team is Lyn,Leo,Robin,Marth all 5*

If you have a Setsuna I would suggest fitting her in. Her bowbreaker skill is fantastic against Takumi, and her hp swap has nice synergy with Lyn.

I'm using 5* Nowi/5* Marth/5* Lyn/4* Setsuna and Takumi doesnt give me many issues.

Edit:

TjlDulE.jpg

Dragner

If you have a Setsuna I would suggest fitting her in. Her bowbreaker skill is fantastic against Takumi, and her hp swap has nice synergy with Lyn.

I'm using 5* Nowi/5* Marth/5* Lyn/4* Setsuna and Takumi doesnt give me many issues.

I would love to have Setsuna but :(. I even tried using Fae to debuff takumi and buff the team but since she is only 4* she cant compete where even on begginer people have all 5* so she is one shotted easily. All my 5* are super squishy apart of those I have another Lyn,Linde and Catria. All super soft for Takumi.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realize this was out on iOS too.

Two rolls so far, all 3 star and no legendary characters. :(

Going to do one more and probably just move on regardless. I doubt I'll do more than play through the story on normal anyway, if I even finish that.

Okamid3n

Wow, I double-checked and since I'm now ranked in the 1000~5000 rank, I'm going to get a total of about 4500 feathers if I counted right.

4-5 weeks to upgrade to five stars sounds really okay to me, you just gotta work for it.

Gotchaye

I just unlocked the lunatic quest for February, but one of them is to beat level 35s with a cavalry type ally. What falls under that type so I can try to get one and raise them.

Unit types refer to how units move. Armored units move 1 tile per turn. Infantry move 2 tiles per turn. Cavalry move 3 tiles per turn. Flyers move 2 tiles per turn and ignore non-wall terrain.

Also cavalry ride horsies.

Wow, I double-checked and since I'm now ranked in the 1000~5000 rank, I'm going to get a total of about 4500 feathers if I counted right.

4-5 weeks to upgrade to five stars sounds really okay to me, you just gotta work for it.

Not having actually played a game like this before, I'm expecting that the low-tier Arena is long-term aimed at giving new players feathers to upgrade their 2*s and 3*s, and that when you do well in it you'll graduate to higher tiers with better rewards.

Kenai

Starting my 20th reroll, is it going to end someday ?

I got into the 30s before I finally got a 5* unit, and almost 40 before I finally settled on a Lynn. Never seen any multi 5* rolls, and Lynn is still my only 5* unit in this save I decided to keep.

Edit: Lol as I complain I pull a Fae, an off banner SS tier 5*-only character. Oh gacha

Dreavus

I got into the 30s before I finally got a 5* unit, and almost 40 before I finally settled on a Lynn. Never seen any multi 5* rolls, and Lynn is still my only 5* unit in this save I decided to keep.

Yikes.

I rerolled 3 times and started playing with the first 5 star I saw. I guess it's just pure luck of the draw. Shooting for a double 5 star is madness to me since the chance is so low.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Android. Downloaded via the Play Store in my region, not rooted or anything weird like that.

Thats really weird...hmm. Dont know what else it could be, hope you can figure it out or an update fixes your issue.

Addi

How many free orbs can you get from the February quest? I guess when you finish the story mode that will be the primary source since this game doesn't have a consecutive login bonus.

At the moment there's two free orbs a day for the app launch, an orb on the weekend, plus orbs for the 45-odd story missions at normal, hard and lunatic each.

Orbs seem hard to come by because even this is a forum where people play a game for hours at launch and expect rapid advancement so they can finish it and move on.. Once new content (with fresh rewards) rolls around and new missions are added each week, and players get used to these kind of games being something you dip into over a protracted period of time rather than something you exhaust over it's opening weekend, it won't seem so bad.

It's feels deliberately limited to stop players feeling like they've maxed-out a team and finished all content before they've seen a tiny fraction of what's coming. The feathers thing in particular feels like something where they'll be in greater supply later as the amount of characters approaches the 200 limit that you can expand. Same goes for the lead npcs, Alfonse and the other one. You get them for free at 2* but as the 'story' progresses I guarantee there will be an event where you can pull for 3/4* versions at the mid-point and 4/5* versions of them towards the end.

He's talking about the February quests in the fountain. There's a quest for 1 orb in normal, 3 orbs in hard and 5 orbs in lunatic (to KO 15 armoured foes at level 35, lol, I'm not there yet). So 9 orbs in total in the February quests.

Jims

Finally got my first 5-star, after earning something like 60-70 orbs. 5* Camilla, right out the gate. Also 3* Robin, that cutscene is such a tease.
(It's duckroll's turn next.)

mstevens

I really don't agree with saving orbs until you get either 4x 5* chars, or 1x very good 4* char for each color. While all gacha games are based on power creep, there just isn't the design space in this game for them to push power creep very far. The differences in upcoming banners will be minimal, and the power difference of 5* vs 4* or not having a char of each color is immense. If your team can't deal with a heavy knight of each color, has no ranged damage options, and no healer, then keep using your orbs.

What do you get for merging 5* units 10 times?

+4 to all stats. (2 stat increases per merge)

Didnt have any ranged units and i managed to pull the strongest one in the game!

Congrats!

OVDRobo

Did my last hopeful pull with most of hard mode done.

Got a 5* Robin to replace my Nowi, making my team:
5* Lyn
5* Robin
5* Camilla
4* Kagero

Got a 2nd 3* Oboro, Donnel and Azama which I released for feathers (released a 4* Azama), as well as a 3* Corrin (f) which I've added to the pile.

Pretty crappy pull overall but the Robin made up for it, just because I can be rid of Nowi once I've trained him up.

Considering how bad my luck usually is, this is a nice surprise. I've got the foundations of a good team so I don't need to sweat about dumping any free orbs trying to get units I actually like as opposed to getting whatever's effective. I know I should save for events, but until the GC/Wii game characters get added, I'd like to scoop up the characters I actually like while the selection pool for RNG is limited.

redcrayon

He's talking about the February quests in the fountain. There's a quest for 1 orb in normal, 3 orbs in hard and 5 orbs in lunatic (to KO 15 armoured foes at level 35, lol, I'm not there yet). So 9 orbs in total in the February quests.
Ah, fair enough, apologies!

goldenpp72

Unit types refer to how units move. Armored units move 1 tile per turn. Infantry move 2 tiles per turn. Cavalry move 3 tiles per turn. Flyers move 2 tiles per turn and ignore non-wall terrain.

Also cavalry ride horsies.

Not having actually played a game like this before, I'm expecting that the low-tier Arena is long-term aimed at giving new players feathers to upgrade their 2*s and 3*s, and that when you do well in it you'll graduate to higher tiers with better rewards.

Thanks, only one I have is 3 star Frederick, but I'll use him if I must.

Leonsito

Exclamation means it is a character that you don't yet own.

What character is it and can you confirm they are at level 16?

Jagen, in the fights says 16+ but on the Hero list it says 15+-

The exclamation mark means it's a new hero that you haven't summoned before

When a unit stops gaining exp it means that it needs stronger level oppenents to grow exp

You stop earning xp if you're overleveled. So you could switch in another character or keep playing and they'll start (slowly) gaining xp.

Thanks all for the answers!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still have 0 Arena Defense points.

Does it show in the defense history if you "lose" at defending, or only your victories? I'm wondering if I'm just not getting matched at all for some reason, or if my team actually sucks.

Dammit, all I want is a 5 star Lyn or Tharja and it gave me some guy named Ogden. Well, at least I have a 5 star red now..

I still have 0 Arena Defense points.

Does it show in the defense history if you "lose" at defending, or only your victories? I'm wondering if I'm just not getting matched at all for some reason, or if my team actually sucks.

I only see victories on my screen.

MegaPanda

Anyone else use Sakura? I don't get her Psysic skill. It says "Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target" but I've never seen it heal more than 1 person.

mstevens

Anyone else use Sakura? I don't get her Psysic skill. It says "Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target" but I've never seen it heal more than 1 person.

The current understanding is that its a mistranslation and that the skill is just suppose to heal one character at a 2 space range.

Aurizen

After using Robin I'm not feeling him. I feel he's the weakest one in my group... I might switch him with Maria or Adult Tiki or even Corrin F who should I switch Robin for?

tmarg

I keep getting red 5*s, and it feels weird to complain about it since other people aren't getting any, but my team isn't well rounded.

Slashlen

803-3003 update: Got my hands on a crappy android tablet and was able to get into my account there! At least I can now get in and do daily stuff. It also means that whatever's going on with my phone is device-related, not account related. Despite the fact that whatever's causing it survived uninstalling and reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom