• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhit28

At the moment there's two free orbs a day for the app launch, an orb on the weekend, plus orbs for the 45-odd story missions at normal, hard and lunatic each.

Orbs seem hard to come by because even this is a forum where people play a game for hours at launch and expect rapid advancement so they can finish it and move on.. Once new content (with fresh rewards) rolls around and new missions are added each week, and players get used to these kind of games being something you dip into over a protracted period of time rather than something you exhaust over it's opening weekend, it won't seem so bad.

It's feels deliberately limited to stop players feeling like they've maxed-out a team and finished all content before they've seen a tiny fraction of what's coming. The feathers thing in particular feels like something where they'll be in greater supply later as the amount of characters approaches the 200 limit that you can expand. Same goes for the lead npcs, Alfonse and the other one. You get them for free at 2* but as the 'story' progresses I guarantee there will be an event where you can pull for 3/4* versions at the mid-point and 4/5* versions of them towards the end.

I understand gacha and why it is done, usually your free premium rolls come from consecutive login bonuses, like "every 7th consecutive day you get premium currency". Heroes doesn't have that so after the 2orb a day promotion ends and you finish Lunatic story, the only renewable source for orbs seems to be monthly quest.

I asked this before but couldn't find a clear answer, is there any benefit to levelling a unit to lv. 40 before upgrading their star rank?

After this arena season is over I'll have enough feathers to promote my 3* Frederick to a 4*, but should I cap him at lv. 40 first?

Is it just me or are the orbs wildly overpriced? 13 bucks for basically what constitutes as one full summon?

Well other gachas that costs double or triple so its not that bad.

By gacha standards? No.

Wow, really?

I hate the phone gaming market/culture so much. Half what I paid for awakening for 5 summons(+3 orbs left over) is bloody ridiculous. Why would anyone ever buy these?

I asked this before but couldn't find a clear answer, is there any benefit to levelling a unit to lv. 40 before upgrading their star rank?

After this arena season is over I'll have enough feathers to promote my 3* Frederick to a 4*, but should I cap him at lv. 40 first?

I think if you're raising someones rank, you should stop at level 20. The tooltip implied to me that stats get reset to the default for that character at the new rank.

sakyot

Am I doing something wrong...

I am using nox and having 4 clients up doing 4 rerolls each 4mins and I'm at around 100-120 rerolls, I still didn't manage to get 2 (5star base form) characters.
I'm not even looking for any specific, just 5star base forms and nothing, do I have really that bad luck.

Are you guys doing from the normal pull or the other pull screen focus?

Ndayday

Neo Member
I only see victories on my screen.

May I ask who the blue mage is (and what skills she has?)

I only have 3 defense victories myself.

Also, judging from what I'm reading I'm not the only one on the Armorslayer grind ;;
Still leveling a Selena or Serena or whatever she is and hoping that does the trick for the late Lunatic armored units

jwhit28

He's talking about the February quests in the fountain. There's a quest for 1 orb in normal, 3 orbs in hard and 5 orbs in lunatic (to KO 15 armoured foes at level 35, lol, I'm not there yet). So 9 orbs in total in the February quests.

9 isn't bad if that becomes the standard each month.

Wow, really?

I hate the phone gaming market/culture so much. Half what I paid for awakening for 5 summons(+3 orbs left over) is bloody ridiculous. Why would anyone ever buy these?

I think if you're raising someones rank, you should stop at level 20. The tooltip implied to me that stats get reset to the default for that character at the new rank.
This is what I've seen surmised elsewhere, but do we know that for sure? Fred is already at lv. 27 so it wouldn't be too much trouble to stick with him until lv. 40 at this rank, but if it's not gonna benefit him, I'll just promote him immediately.

It's really gonna be hellish once the training tower gets its stamina cost doubled. I already feel like I blow through a full bar in no time and usually only for a couple levels.

Eridani

I understand gacha and why it is done, usually your free premium rolls come from consecutive login bonuses, like "every 7th consecutive day you get premium currency". Heroes doesn't have that so after the 2orb a day promotion ends and you finish Lunatic story, the only renewable source for orbs seems to be monthly quest.

There are other gacha games without consecutive login bonuses. For example, Puzzle and Dragons pretty much works the same way as FE heroes - you get an orb the first time you clear a level and through the mail for special promotions. The thing is that the special promotions for daily premium currency are pretty much always running, which makes it basically the same thing as a consecutive login bonus. Hopefully FE heroes will do it like that.

SkyOdin

Also, judging from what I'm reading I'm not the only one on the Armorslayer grind ;;
Still leveling a Selena or Serena or whatever she is and hoping that does the trick for the late Lunatic armored units
The mage with blue hair is Lilina, and she's Hectors daughter from Binding Blade. In Heroes, she gets Atk + 1/2/3 and the Spur Atk skills. She also can perform an AoE attack. Her stats are pure Attack focused too, so she's an offensive powerhouse who is good at one-shotting enemies.

Aurizen

Guys what do you think of Robin M? is he a good unit? i want to replace him with adult Tiki or Corrin F. Would that be a good replacement?

tmarg

This may be stating the obvious but.. stop opening red orbs?

You don't get to see what orbs are available before commit to spending at least 5. I did a full round of five summons, only one slot was red, and of course that was the five star. At that point you are basically spending two orbs to not summon vs. three orbs to go ahead.

DigtialT

Thank god for Nox and it's macro's. Made one to go through the whole reset and prologue process for me and just put me at the summon point. Now I can just do whatever while it works itself

DrLazy

My thoughts as srpg fan:

-great production values
- great gameplay setup of all enemies in one screen. Smart.
- love button to see enemies attack range.
- drag and drop controls are great
- story was confusing but ok
- huge filesize
- after a few battles noticed only 3 star silver guy killing anyone.
- wait I have to switch my team up before every battle? Rock Paper Scissors simplicity?
- huh this game really has little strategy. Pay nothing and use LOTS of strategy to fail, or pay a lot to use as little strategy as possible
- But you guys don't care. It's all about that slot machine and f2p hooks. I'll go back to the 3DS
- would not recommend to players who like the strategy part of strategy rpgs

muu

Wow, really?

Gacha games work great for some of w/ hectic work-life schedules. It's hard for me to make blocks of time available for solid gaming these days, and a variety of these F2P games have become my mainstay over time.

Okamid3n

Am I doing something wrong...

I am using nox and having 4 clients up doing 4 rerolls each 4mins and I'm at around 100-120 rerolls, I still didn't manage to get 2 (5star base form) characters.
I'm not even looking for any specific, just 5star base forms and nothing, do I have really that bad luck.

Are you guys doing from the normal pull or the other pull screen focus?

I read earlier in the topic that the odds of two five-stars in a full summon are about 1 in 100-200 or something? So yea, you don't have particularly bad luck yet.

I think anyone giving the advice of rerolling till two five-stars is crazy, but that's just me.

Luke_Wal

The feather cost to raise my 4* Gordin to 5* is 20,000?!?! I have 250. How on Earth am I supposed to get that many feathers?

The blue-haired mage, you mean? That's Lilina. She's basically a glass cannon. Attack+3 and Spur Atk 3 (grants adjacent allies Atk+4) and has an AOE blast for her special move.
If you meant the blue spear chick, then that's Azura. I basically only have her so that Takumi can move twice in one turn lol

Also, in regards to the defense points, it seems to only count the highest win. I wonder how it's calculated.

You don't get to see what orbs are available before commit to spending at least 5. I did a full round of five summons, only one slot was red, and of course that was the five star. At that point you are basically spending two orbs to not summon vs. three orbs to go ahead.

I know that, but constantly earning 5 star reds is directly affecting your chance of earning one in other colors. It doesn't make sense to keep rolling reds if you A. want other colors and B. are already set with reds.

tmarg

I read earlier in the topic that the odds of two five-stars in a full summon are about 1 in 100-200 or something? So yea, you don't have particularly bad luck yet.

I think anyone giving the advice of rerolling till two five-stars is crazy, but that's just me.

It's not that crazy, a relatively small amounts of time spent rerolling at the beginning could save you a long time spent grinding later, or if you're spending money, $20+.

Okamid3n

Maybe the word crazy was too strong, but if you recommend to someone to reroll for two five-stars, you better warn them that they could reroll 200+ times and still not be done.

Ndayday

Neo Member

That seems correct, I mean there's certainly no stat incentive to keep pushing a sub-5-star unit to lv. 40. But if they're good and you need them for a team (not to mention it might be a while before you can gather up 20,000+ feathers), and there's nothing better you could be doing, why not. I think a more useful rule to follow would be not to spend shards on characters at 20+

The blue-haired mage, you mean? That's Lilina. She's basically a glass cannon. Attack+3 and Spur Atk 3 (grants adjacent allies Atk+4) and has an AOE blast for her special move.
If you meant the blue spear chick, then that's Azura. I basically only have her so that Takumi can move twice in one turn lol

Also, in regards to the defense points, it seems to only count the highest win. I wonder how it's calculated.

The mage with blue hair is Lilina, and she's Hectors daughter from Binding Blade. In Heroes, she gets Atk + 1/2/3 and the Spur Atk skills. She also can perform an AoE attack. Her stats are pure Attack focused too, so she's an offensive powerhouse who is good at one-shotting enemies.

Cool, thanks. I haven't seen her yet so wondered what she had and if that had anything to do with those wins. Azura and Takumi is probably a huge part of it, obviously

I get 20 orbs and roll...

Get Robin animation
"Ok, cool a Robin to merge with my 5*"
"Wait...it's a 4* Robin"

GET OUT AND GIVE ME MY FEATHERS!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Got two four stars on my fifth roll. Going to go with that.

Cool, thanks. I haven't seen her yet so wondered what she had and if that had anything to do with those wins. Azura and Takumi is probably a huge part of it, obviously
I actually wonder if the AI Azura cheeses Takumi the way I do. If it does, then yeah it's likely a huge part haha. But I'm sure Lilina helps :)

PK Gaming

I wish I had a 3 Star Robin, OTL

Guys what do you think of Robin M? is he a good unit? i want to replace him with adult Tiki or Corrin F. Would that be a good replacement?

He's a good mage unit with a unique ability that lets him deal extra damage to colorless units. That said, Tiki/Corrin are probably better in the long run though, so feel free to do so and see how that works for you.

Dreavus

My animated intro yielded 5 stars. That's probably how it should be tbh (that's what I thought it was!), anything else is such a tease!

Zafir

Rerolling has broken my spirits.

I just got a 5* Lyn, 4* Chrom and 4* Robin in my last reroll. I can't be bothered rerolling for anything better - I've already wasted hours and hours on it.

Hazu

Is it a good idea to spend all my stamina items for training since the cost is reduced right now, or should I keep that for later?

Aurizen

I wish I had a 3 Star Robin, OTL

He's a good mage unit with a unique ability that lets him deal extra damage to colorless units. That said, Tiki/Corrin are probably better in the long run though, so feel free to do so and see how that works for you.

Thank you! I was looking for good advice and everyone was so excited they looked over me haha. I'll add Corrin and see how that works.

kswiston

Is it a good idea to spend all my stamina items for training since the cost is reduced right now, or should I keep that for later?

I would keep a couple in reserve, but between my nintendo points, the launch campaign and the February rewards, you can get almost 30 of them. Probably enough to keep you going for awhile.

OVDRobo

Not sure about all of them, but it's worth training up a decent team composed of 4 and 5* characters while it's discounted. On top of that, If you're planning on upgrading any units from 3* to 4* or 4* to 5* eventually, I'm pretty sure the tower's the only place badges come from at the moment so you'd be grinding those up, too. I think it's currently randomised as to which badge colour drops each level, so you'd get a good spread farming right now. If you're after a colour in specific, then it might be worth waiting until it's, say, a green badge only day if you're looking to raise a green unit up a star rank.

Just don't level anything you plan on upgrading past level 20 and don't waste your time on any characters you won't use.

eyesradar

trying to lvl up my Sharea and Alfonse...Currently at 3 stars bronze.

How many badges/feathers do I need to perform a 3 - 4 unlock?

redcrayon

Thanks!

20k for 4 - 5 right?
Holy..... Saving all my feathers for them now since you cant really pick the duo up from the pool.
The pool will change on a regular basis, I'd be very surprised if higher level versions of those characters weren't in a promotion later on.

OK LET'S GO

C379ektW8AAcLYd.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
I have enough for another pull but the only character I really want is Takumi, maaaaaybe Lissa. No idea if I want to start hoarding or not, specially since I already have an all-5 star team...

Decisions decisions...

Falchion

So I'm in a few missions into chapter 9 and I'm starting to run into a wall. I've been getting carried so far by my 5 star Hector but the best blue unit I have is my starting Sharena and my healer Maria doesn't even have an attack (not sure if that's normal).

ABQYwYl.jpg

beZ07M1.jpg

flLvWgx.jpg

fmlmGdj.jpg

Here's what the rest of my units look like, should I just start trying to grind some of my other 4 stars like Tiki or Frederick up to help out?

RUB5VNC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom