• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm done re-rolling. I still didn't get anyone I was hoping for, but it's hard to walk away from a 5* Hector, 5* Lyn, and 5* Linde, especially after the rash of bad pulls I'd been having lately. Still feel like I got trolled a bit since I also pulled the wrong red cavalier in that batch. Wanted Sully, ended up with Cain, lol.

Ken

I think I'm done re-rolling. I still didn't get anyone I was hoping for, but it's hard to walk away from a 5* Hector, 5* Lyn, and 5* Linde, especially after the rash of bad pulls I'd been having lately. Still kinda feel I got trolled a bit, I also pulled the wrong red cavalier. Wanted Sully, ended up with Cain, lol.

weeping4u

chrono01

I have her at 4* and her attack buff is ridiculous.

She's a good healer with Imbue and can do some decent damage to the heavy armor units with Assault.
Nice, I can't wait to get her leveled up!

I thought you can just unlink your Nintendo account?
I didn't want to trust it personally, but yes I heard that works. You'll only get the bonus orbs once, though, so better to save it for your "final account" if you can.

ViviOggi

I think I'm done re-rolling. I still didn't get anyone I was hoping for, but it's hard to walk away from a 5* Hector, 5* Lyn, and 5* Linde, especially after the rash of bad pulls I'd been having lately. Still feel like I got trolled a bit since I also pulled the wrong red cavalier in that batch. Wanted Sully, ended up with Cain, lol.

Cerium

She's an ass (oh god don't tap on her to speak) but she's a really, really good unit. May even be one of the best healers/support in the game.

What's the word on Lissa? She's my only staff user and I'm debating whether I should experiment with her in my lineup. Right now Olivia is my support character; the extra movement and attacks from the dancing is just too useful. Takumi can kill almost anyone in one turn with two attacks.

Vena

What's the word on Lissa? She's my only staff user and I'm debating whether I should experiment with her in my lineup. Right now Olivia is my support character; the extra movement and attacks from the dancing is just too useful. Takumi can kill almost anyone in one turn with two attacks.

No clue. Level her to 20 and see how she stacks up.

Soundslike

Neo Member
So getting a 3* to a 5* takes 40k feathers? And you can earn around 2k feathers per week if your good at arena...if that is correct, it will take 20 weeks to lvl up one character

Ken

So getting a 3* to a 5* takes 40k feathers? And you can earn around 2k feathers per week if your good at arena...if that is correct, it will take 20 weeks to lvl up one character

havent seen proper events yet so maybe those will give em out by the truckload

ffbe is pretty stingy on f2p awakening materials between events

PtM

Banned
Is there any bonus to unlocking potential at level 20 vs level 40?
Au contraire, I fear you'd only waste XP. I have two level 21s and it says they'll revert to level 1.
22k. 2k for 4*, 20k for 5*. Basically I won't ever upgrade to gold, maybe silver.

champloo

Instead of hoping to pull a better healer in the next batch, I'd suggest leveling up the only healer you have. Healers can make some map way easier, and there are very few of them.

War3333

No, 4* to 5* takes 20k feathers, 3* to 4* is 2k feathers. So 22k for 3* to 5*

Soundslike

Neo Member
havent seen proper events yet so maybe those will give em out by the truckload

ffbe is pretty stingy on f2p awakening materials between events

OR, they will start to charge for feathers....Perhaps thats consumer friendly, then you know what you actually are buying.

Edit: Ok, thx, it only takes 11 weeks of grinding.

btw i like the game alot.

PtM

Banned
Her defence doesn't suck as much as Wrys.
imageahuvf.png
image38u8x.png

Just use a low level team around lv10, it avoids being matched with teams of 4 5 stars with all the passives unlocked.
Nothing worse then it saying they will do 10 damage, then doing 35 to kill your best unit.

Cerium

Instead of hoping to pull a better healer in the next batch, I'd suggest leveling up the only healer you have. Healers can make some map way easier, and there are very few of them.

I haven't really had any difficulty with any maps. As I mentioned, Takumi with Olivia is an exceptionally effective combo.

Shinypogs

got 3* laslow 4* olivia and 4* marth. Yiss sword users. since I got 3 reds I figured I might as well do the full 5 summon and picked up another niles and a 3* female corrin ( is she any good?)

To upgrade to 5*, you also need 20 Great Badges. That's obviously not as bad as the Feathers, but still ridiculous. I have 1 each of Scarlet, Verdant, Transparent, and 0 for the Azure.

I think I will upgrade some 3*, but leveling up 4* is out of the question for me. I will have rolled enough 5* by then, and 4* units are still really useful.

Wiseblade

My 4* Robin is doing nothing for me right now. I'm tempted to just commit to my 3* Florina as a replacement to deal with armoured units. Maybe as a 5* he'd actually be able to effectively damage things.

It's 22k feathers. 2,000 to move to 4* and 20,000 for 5*.

Rixa

To upgrade to 5*, you also need 20 Great Badges. That's obviously not as bad as the Feathers, but still ridiculous. I have 1 each of Scarlet, Verdant, Transparent, and 0 for the Azure.
Seventh Stratum and higher difficulties give those Badges, you will swim in them before you have 20k Feathers.

daxgame

1) You can use one to do an arena duel, up to 3 a day unless you refill them. They reset at midnight game time.
2) Every player can be encountered in the arena, and after you fight someone you can send a friend request.

thanks kind sir. Thing is... I've never played the arena! :)
Maybe I opened it by mistake...

Pachimari

Basically, to re-roll (on iOS, anyway) just un-install/re-install after you do your initial pulls (if you don't get what you want). Rinse/Repeat as many times as it takes. DON'T LINK YOUR MY NINTENDO ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU SETTLE ON AN ACCOUNT!

As for who to aim for, Takumi is the current "top-tier", along with hector (insane tank). Ryomu, Tiki, Lyn, Lucina, etc. are all great too. Basically, any 5* base and you should be fine, unless you really want to chase a specific character.
Crap. I already linked my Nintendo account.

Hopefully I won't need a 5* hero to complete the story at least.

danowat

Banned
Apart from the (very) brief tutorial on combat, I've no idea what I am doing, is there any tutorials anywhere that go into a bit more depth about the wealth of systems going on in the game?

chrono01

I've read you can still re-link the My Nintendo account (just go into the options and choose to delete all data), but I haven't tried it myself. That being said, you'll definitely only get the free ten orbs once, so those will be lost regardless. :(

Dragner

TIL that arena balances to your team level. Could use my secondary team to finally get a good result and a 7 winstreak on advance before the end of the season.

Team is Linde, Fae, Marth, Catria. I could even beat a takumi(close he almost killed my whole team).

I did the same. In price of 10 orbs (if you already claimed em) you can just wipe your data through Acc Management, same as I did. And while it would be cool to have these 10 orbs back I do not regret wiping data. Plus as for now, they are trying to drown us in free orbs. There won't be a better time to restart. At least I think so.

daxgame

people can challenge your team in the arena. they have the option to send a friend request afterwards.

But they can't challenge you if you don't open it, no?
Actually my wife just told me that she also has a request by someone, but she claims she never clicked on the Arena at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no clue, told her to just ignore anyway.

not sure why they're too lazy to put some bgm in that video lol. the Felicia ones back when Fates release in EU is accompanied by game bgm iirc

Shinypogs

Grinding up my new Marth, trying to get escape route to trigger, loving the fuck out of pivot. Yeah yeah not five stars doesn't have the falchion, I don't give a fuck he's lovely.

Pachimari

You can unlink Nintendo accounts easily and link them to others.

I've read you can still re-link the My Nintendo account (just go into the options and choose to delete all data), but I haven't tried it myself. That being said, you'll definitely only get the free ten orbs once, so those will be lost regardless. :(

I did the same. In price of 10 orbs (if you already claimed em) you can just wipe your data through Acc Management, same as I did. And while it would be cool to have these 10 orbs back I do not regret wiping data. Plus as for now, they are trying to drown us in free orbs. There won't be a better time to restart. At least I think so.

I will look into this. But when do I get my first hero? I am at World 1 Stage 3, and have 6 basic heroes.

Seventh Stratum and higher difficulties give those Badges, you will swim in them before you have 20k Feathers.

I figured. I'm still pretty weak.

I've beaten everything up to 8-5 on Hard. I also completed the first four battles of Chapter 1-4 on Lunatic, and I left the final parts untouched because I haven't beat Chapter 9 on Hard yet. I hope that I can actually get the Crystals soon. I'm glad that I can already go for the Potions and Light's Blessings.

I'll definitely use a Blessing on 9-5 Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom