• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Her defence doesn't suck as much as Wrys.
imageahuvf.png
image38u8x.png

I started leveling up Wrys a bit, and finally unlocked his attack ability.
Having a healer on the team was actually not as suicidal as I thought it would be, given the small maps - having a Pegasus Knight with Rochade surely helps, even if Wrys himself is squishy as hell.

PtM

Banned
So when I summon my first hero with orbs, and it isn't turn out to be a 5*, that's when I reroll?
I'm not sure myself, but that's probably it. Be aware that you can get a discounted 5-summons pack for 20 orbs, just keep going after the first summon.

Sölf

How are you supposed to get orbs when you finish the story quests?

At the moment, 2 orbs per day as a login bonus. Also 3 orbs per quest per difficulty for the new special missions. We will get 5 in total, 1 per week, so that's 30 more orbs just for those.

But hell, the game isn't even a week old and people are already starved for orbs. The thirst is real.

Kyonashi

So if we do the daily special maps that offer characters, is it worth merging the 1star into the 2star?

1stars and 2stars are basically just merge fodder right, they don't really have any use?

Sölf

So if we do the daily special maps that offer characters, is it worth merging the 1star into the 2star?

1stars and 2stars are basically just merge fodder right, they don't really have any use?

Send them home to get feathers. It's not much, but merging is also not really worth it for those few SP. Unless you REALLY want to use that character and plan on upgrading him to 3* and beyond.

PtM

Banned

Merging isn't really worth it in my opinion, just like sending home. I've stopped doing it until I may need the space (
nevar
).

chrono01

I meant even ater finishing hard modes.
It's similar to all gatcha games.

Basically:

1) Wait for new story content to be released
2) Wait for new event maps to be released
3) Hope we get some for daily log-in rewards, or during special promotions
4) Open up your wallet and buy more

Just try to ration whatever you get and you should be okay. Hopefully the developers keep us with a constant stream of new content so free orbs won't be terribly rare, but I'd think twice about blowing through them all in a fast manner. Personally, I have a little over 40 orbs and, while I'd love to try for a few new 5* characters, I'm waiting to see what the next batch looks like first. I'm happy enough with Takumi/Young Tiki/Fae/Serra as my party, as the content currently isn't overly difficult that requires a full 5* party team (unless you're talking Lunatic maps).

Sölf

I also wanna know how to get thos green seals to upgrade my camilla from 4 stars to five.

Sometimes from training tower floor 6 and above. I guess you get them more often or simply more on higher floors. Each of the colored ones drops on a specific weekday in the tower, with the weekend dropping all of them at random.

Impulsor

Sölf;229810887 said:
Sometimes from training tower floor 6 and above. I guess you get them more often or simply more on higher floors. Each of the colored ones drops on a specific weekday in the tower, with the weekend dropping all of them at random.

That's useful to know, so I can save my energy for the day the color I need drops.

Thanks.

Sölf

That's useful to know, so I can save my energy for the day the color I need drops.

Thanks.

You should still do the tower at least once per day for fragments as a reward. I think the higher the level you do the more you get (I think floor 7 gave me 450 yesterday).

Also, training tower is only half energy at the moment and a really good way to level your characters.

Firemind

Sölf;229810887 said:
Yesterday you also could get a mystery ? bonus. I wonder how frequent it is...

Shinypogs

Whelp didn't do good enough to get ranked in arena but with the swapping of Saizo for Marth ( I'm sorry best ninja) I've got a good enough score between offense and defense to get about 2k feathers this week.

I actually find that Takumi is not the worst issue for me in the arena, it's Olivia, I can't account for who she's going to dance and how they will fuckup my plan.

I'm tempted to swap out lissa for my own new Olivia once the arena swaps seasons in 12 hours. I think it depends on who the bonus giving heroes are and what the team compositions seem like.

Sölf

Yesterday you also could get a mystery ? bonus. I wonder how frequent it is...

That mystery thing is probably just the randomly colored shard thingies, as it showed a colored version prior to the weekend. I think monday is the only day where you get nothing except the first time win reward from the tower.

Firemind

Sölf;229811047 said:
That mystery thing is probably just the randomly colored shard thingies, as it showed a colored version prior to the weekend. I think monday is the only day where you get nothing except the first time win reward from the tower.
Well, shit. So that's why I got garbage all morning. Would have been nice to know before I spent my whole stamina bar!

Sölf

Well, shit. So that's why I got garbage all morning. Would have been nice to know before I spent my whole stamina bar!

I think it's written at the announcement board (top left in your castle) when you scroll down to the training tower. You can also seen what hero comes at the daily mission, what the arena multiplier is and so on, so I think you can also find there what colored thing drops from the tower at what day of the week.

Got lucky on my 2nd roll of 20 and got 5 star Tiki. SO couple of 5 stars and a few silvers can decimate haha. I reckon 5 star ranged must be OP

Sölf

The new map was... disappointingly easy.

The game hasn't even been out for a week yet. I am pretty sure many people won't burn through all available content that fast as most GAF players.

You also have to think of the poor rerollers that can only start playing in 2 weeks. They also need to be able to beat that content in a fraction of the time we lucky people or non rerollers had to level up!

DKL

Sölf;229810691 said:
But hell, the game isn't even a week old and people are already starved for orbs. The thirst is real.

While I haven't really burned through all the content yet and there's still a window for me to get orbs without forking over money, I should have gone the reroll route because the gacha life has been miserable to me thus far.

(no 5 stars... Gunter like 3 times as a troll to the fact that all I want is Camilla...)

Already tied my Nintendo account to the thing though (and got the orb reward), so is it too late for me to toki wo tomare :v

Shinypogs

Got lucky on my 2nd roll of 20 and got 5 star Tiki. SO couple of 5 stars and a few silvers can decimate haha. I reckon 5 star ranged must be OP

Yep, I have a 5 star Merric I lucked out and got on my first ever summon, he's not even one of the broken units everyone is rerolling to get and he can fight anything that isn't Lilina. Tanky enough to take a melee hit before he can back up and deal out the wind damage of great justice. Massive aoe special and he just shits on all the fliers and armour tanks trying to make your life difficult. He's pretty good against other mages unless he has a weapon triangle disadvantage and outside of Niles who would have bonkers res he handles bow users and shuriken/ knife users just fine.

All that said he hits the bench the minute I can eventually get myself a 4 or 5 star Soren Because I love that grouchy filled with internalized racism mother fucker.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Already tied my Nintendo account to the thing though (and got the orb reward), so is it too late for me to toki wo tomare :v

Not too late at all - if you really have no 5* i would reroll, game has been only out for a couple of days. And the 10 Nintendo accounts orbs arent worth much if they resulted in shitty rolls for you anyway.

Then again its totally fine to keep going...but if its a game you see yourself playing for weeks and months, probably better to start out with better units.

Something is very weird.

When I played in the morning on my ipad I had 18 orbs.

Later I opened my android and did 3 orbs mission then I noticed i have 8 orbs.

I know some games separate premium currency but in all other cases I know it was only about stuff payed for with real money not the free ones in game.

Also about ranked - 7 games on intermediate with bonus character is not enough to rank in top 100k.

chrono01

I'm watching a stream of a guy on NicoNico who basically has every single 5* in the game (multiples of Takumi even), and still under 100 orbs. I think he's going for Hector, as that's the only one (I can see) that he doesn't have.

Edit: Never mind, he just got him. The whale culture is amazing.

Wait, he doesn't have Linde! No Leo either, so I guess that's two. Only a 4* Robin (M) too. Pfft!

DKL

Not to late at all - if you really have no 5* i would reroll, game has been only out for a couple of days. And the 10 Nintendo accounts orbs arent worth much if they resulted in shitty rolls for you anyway.

Then again its totally fine to keep going...but if its a game you see yourself playing for weeks and months, probably better to start out with better units.

Game actually kind of makes me salty since all the waifus are tied to RNG. I only vaguely knew how hard the gacha life would be (I watched Granblue streams and everything), but now that I'm actually poking around in the waters, I can't say I'm a huge fan of chasing shadows while gaming lol

I'm hoping Animal Crossing has micro transactions that involve paying money and knowing what I actually get >_>

chrono01

Chrono who u rollin wit
Tiki (Young) (5*)
Takumi (5*)
Fae (4*)
Serra (3*)

It's fine enough for me right now, but there are a lot of characters I still want. I'm hoping I'll get them in time, so I'm not going to freak out and spend all of my orbs just yet. We don't really know how the whole gatcha thing will shake out. For all we know, Nintendo could hold monthly gatcha where the rates are greatly increased. I'm going to hoard whatever I can from here on out, until I have a better idea of how things are going.

I would really like Tharja, though. Camilla too, for that matter. :/

DKL

The rates of getting a 5* increase as you fail to get one, so you have to get one eventually.

I don't know if it's because I'm too lazy to reroll and understand the process behind it (in particular, I still want to tie my game to my Nintendo account, but am I DOA if I've done it already?), but this gives me hope that all my struggles will eventually end with a 5* Camilla or a 5* Tharja.

But I feel like the troll is so hard that I'll end up with a 5* Gunter.

This breaks my spirit.

chrono01

She's bound to get a rates up someday, don't worry.
Yeah, I'm not too concerned. If I can't get her base form, maybe I'll get lucky with the Christmas variant.

I'm still hoping they pull a surprise and release some Valentine Day characters. Might be a bit early for that though, and with two banners still on-going, it's unlikely.

chrono01

Man, that luck. :/

The bad news is that, unless I'm mistaken, if you don't manage to pull a 5* on the banner you're working on before it leaves, you'll lose the increased chance as it'll reset back to standard once the new banner hits. If that's true...

I really hope you pull one before then. At least your hard work will have been rewarded.

Rixa

Man, that luck. :/

The bad news is that, unless I'm mistaken, if you don't manage to pull a 5* on the banner you're working on before it leaves, you'll lose the increased chance as it'll reset back to standard once the new banner hits. If that's true...

I really hope you pull one before then. At least your hard work will have been rewarded.

Iam in the Garbage boat too. This was my 4th continuous 5 pulls from one banner without 5*. Feels like Brave Exvius again and again \o/ 6% rates in my ass.

Screenshot_20170206-113058.png

Tiki (Young) (5*)
Takumi (5*)
Fae (4*)
Serra (3*)

It's fine enough for me right now, but there are a lot of characters I still want. I'm hoping I'll get them in time, so I'm not going to freak out and spend all of my orbs just yet. We don't really know how the whole gatcha thing will shake out. For all we know, Nintendo could hold monthly gatcha where the rates are greatly increased. I'm going to hoard whatever I can from here on out, until I have a better idea of how things are going.

I would really like Tharja, though. Camilla too, for that matter. :/
Yeah I think hoarding is smart at the moment just to wait and see what's gonna happen. At least you've got two 5*! I only have my Takumi but damn he's a beast.

What's your friend id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom