• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

DONNEL.

I pulled a 4-star version of him day one, he's actually pretty cool. Solid HP with a Brave style weapon (attacks twice but lowers speed). He gets a skill which pulls one space after attacking too.

I didn't realize these daily special maps were just regular units you can also get in summons. Since it updates daily that makes sense though.

rockx4

In a training map, I only have Cain left and the enemy only has Beruka, and they both can't damage each other. This sucks. It's just hitting back and forth for 00000000, guess i"ll have to "surrender".

Vena

So from grinding up low-star units/sending home garbage and non-fancy-pants Hoshido/Nohr royalty or other such crutch scrubs, that (I've gotten them to 3*-4* (and all of them are at least 25 now so that I have a good idea on their stats) but the grind to 5* is going to be long but their growths and skills don't change for the worse):

Broke As Fuck:
- Jagen is broken as fuck on a team of cavalry units, and becomes fucking invincible against mages, it doesn't matter if he has a losing type or not (he starts with 13-16 Res depending on his +/- spread and * rating). He has great movement options but, since he's mounted, is railroaded on terrain maps. His abilities are all very good, and Aegis just makes him unkillable at range.

Really good:
- Serra is a great fucking healer with bizarrely high attack stat growth and bulk. Hone Attack is great on a healer, and she can delay Ability triggers on your own allies allowing you to control them.
- Fir becomes an frighteningly competent assassin, with crazy high speed and solid defensive stats. She tends to lack attack, but her sword allows her to trigger her ability frequently. (She's probably a better sword user than Marth, she only trails him in Att but blows past him in Spd and Res, and her abilities make her even faster and more dangerous.)

Good/Hidden Behind Grind:
- Anna seems to have all the hallmarks of a great unit hidden behind three promotions and leveling grind. She has uncharacteristically high resistance for Green/Axe but can lack defense if your RNG is bad.
- Main character siblings are, unsurprisingly, solid.
- Florina becomes a rather bulky flier (but... why?) with suicide healing and area of affect healing on attack.
- Gordin, solid colorless archer with all the usual crap stats of archers. But he has great abilities.

Decent to Good:
- Stahl and Frederick. Freddie is super fast and tanky as all hell, but he has comically low Res. Stahl is more evenly spread. They are solid units. Having excellent movement, they are still good units to consider.

Garbage Run Away:
- Selena, strictly worse than Fir. Only Threaten Speed is good.
- Wrys, send him home.
- Barst, send him home, you already have Anna and she's unilaterally a better Green/Axe.
- Oboro, garbage resistance and only mediocre skills.
- Virion, garbage truck on fire.
- Hana, also strictly worse than Fir. No defensive stats at all.
- Subaki, tire fire.

Feel free to let me know of other such units and where you believe they go. Edit: Changed my mind, Fir deserves to be as high as Serra.

Forkball

Six easy orbs baby.

I was thrilled when I pulled my 5* Camilla, but honestly she doesn't seem to be that great. Frederick seems to be a more versatile green unit, especially with his cavalry slaying powers. What are people's thoughts on Azama? He and Wrys are the only healers I have.

Golnei

Tharja banner, when?!

It'll be guaranteed for Christmas, at least.

With the way the game works it would have been just fine IMO to gate the 20-40 level progression using level limit break items. Let the limit break be a class change, provide a modest boost in stats and access to additional abilities. I think people are feeling cheated because traditional roadblocks like this don't exist, and they're all focusing on what realistically should be a long-term, endgame upgrade.

Moving into the 20+ range being made into more of a hard limit than just a change from shards to crystals could have helped - the jump in feather requirements to get a unit to 5 would still be significant, but an intermediate goal to distract from that could have helped provide a more engaging sense of progression - though with the amount of characters people are expected to be levelling, tying it to an individual item may be more frustrating than anything.

How much would you spend to acquire Ike?

I'm sort of dreading the day I'll find out.

Vena

Six easy orbs baby.

I was thrilled when I pulled my 5* Camilla, but honestly she doesn't seem to be that great. Frederick seems to be a more versatile green unit, especially with his cavalry slaying powers. What are people's thoughts on Azama? He and Wrys are the only healers I have.

Wrys is garbage.

massoluk

Banned
I rolled 5* Lyn and 5* Cordelia when I started yesterday. I'm pretty sure i have been playing with a broken team, those two just butchered everything.

Vena

I rolled 5* Lyn and 5* Cordelia when I started yesterday. I'm pretty sure i have been playing with a broken team, those two just butchered everything.

Lyn is good.

Cordelia is crap for her tier of characters, imo.

But they'll carry you through the game no doubt.

Draxal

Lyn is good.

Cordelia is crap for her tier of characters, imo.

But they'll carry you through the game no doubt.

Nah, cordelia's great.

Lyn and Cordelia are very similiar in they both have astra/galeforce and brave weapons sorta.

Cordelia is perfectly meant to be a red killer, and there are so many red units in the game atm, that she does her job well.

Vena

Nah, cordelia's great.

Lyn and Cordelia are very similiar in they both have astra/galeforce and brave weapons sorta.

Cordelia is perfectly meant to be a red killer, and there are so many red units in the game atm.

Lyn is blazingly fast and has moderate attack and bulk, which makes her excellent, on top of her excellent skills/weapon.

Cordelia has great skills but she's glass. Not a fan for an already frail class with moderate attack floors.

Draxal

Lyn is blazingly fast and has moderate attack and bulk, which makes her excellent, on top of her excellent skills/weapon.

Cordelia has great skills but she's glass. Not a fan for an already frail class with moderate attack floors.

Lyn/Lucina are glass as well.

Cordelia's problem is that fliers suck due to everybody running Takumi right now.

daxgame

I don't get the energy thing.
You can't even buy it, can you? Not that I would.
But either way it seems that the more you progress the more energy it costs.
So basically now I play very little...

Dreavus

So from grinding up low-star units/sending home garbage and non-fancy-pants Hoshido/Nohr royalty or other such crutch scrubs, that (I've gotten them to 3*-4* (and all of them are at least 25 now so that I have a good idea on their stats) but the grind to 5* is going to be long but their growths and skills don't change for the worse):

Feel free to let me know of other such units and where you believe they go. Edit: Changed my mind, Fir deserves to be as high as Serra.

Nice write up.

I've been having success with 4-star Sully as a dedicated Sword destroyer on my main team, but she's quite specialized. I'm hoping for a more broad-use lancer to come my way eventually.

Selena's been okay for me as a passable Knight buster but her Triangle skill gets her owned by Lance knights. I really like Threaten Speed too. I have plenty of other sword users to work with though so it's not a huge deal, but she seemed alright when leveling a sub team.

I'm actually happy to hear that Alfonse/Sharena/Anna are not terrible. Might work on leveling them up just for fun.

Draxal

I don't get the energy thing.
You can't even buy it, can you? Not that I would.
But either way it seems that the more you progress the more energy it costs.
So basically now I play very little...

I really don't understand the way they did this.

Most of the games of this sort, are account level based.

You start with a low cap say about 9 stamina, but you gradually increase the stamina as your account levels.

The only problem with that is people would waste their stam refreshers with a low cap instead of saving it for a higher level. This is not a good solution to that problem.

Jintor

I finally got 20 orbs and rolled and got a 5 star hector and a 3 star robin. i was really excited to get robin cos he gets that sick intro and... 3 stars. lmao.

i can feel the gatcha hooking me though. Hooking me. Oh my god.

Draxal

I finally got 20 orbs and rolled and got a 5 star hector and a 3 star robin. i was really excited to get robin cos he gets that sick intro and... 3 stars. lmao.

i can feel the gatcha hooking me though. Hooking me. Oh my god.

Hector is considered one of the best units in the game. Grats!

Jintor

Yeah i wasn't so enamoured with his slow movespeed but... he eats every blow and demolishes everything in return.

i also got that psycho knight girl from conquest and she's kind of making me want to play conquest after i fell the fuck off birthright. lmao.

Shinypogs

I need a sword user. Have wind mage merric and arthur for great green units. Saizo and lissa for great neutral. Donnel as my best Lancer ( almost nothing lives through brave blance attack with his dmg output). Sharena and est were okay but really fell off in that department.

I have a 4* lon'qu who was doing great but then just stopped leveling strength and is no longer viable.

I don't wanna pull again til the banners change and maybe some new characters get added but I really need a red melee unit if I want to be able to really make my teams as versatile as they need to be.

Draxal

Yeah i wasn't so enamoured with his slow movespeed but... he eats every blow and demolishes everything in return.

i also got that psycho knight girl from conquest and she's kind of making me want to play conquest after i fell the fuck off birthright. lmao.

Reason why he's really good is that he has distant counter.

deleted

Are you using root/custom ROM?

That's the one I'm using:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

You need to also install busybox (it's all done via the app).

You also need root access.

Hey, late thank you over here...

Decided to go the easy route and just use my work phone :p
My other phone wasn't routed and I would've needed to reset it to do so. Didn't want to go through the hassle since for some reason I can't really back it up.

But now it's working fine on the other phone.

Cerium

I need a sword user. Have wind mage merric and arthur for great green units. Saizo and lissa for great neutral. Donnel as my best Lancer ( almost nothing lives through brave blance attack with his dmg output). Sharena and est were okay but really fell off in that department.

I have a 4* lon'qu who was doing great but then just stopped leveling strength and is no longer viable.

I don't wanna pull again til the banners change and maybe some new characters get added but I really need a red melee unit if I want to be able to really make my teams as versatile as they need to be.

The current banners are very red heavy. Then again the series is kind of red heavy when it comes to prominent characters.

evanmisha

I find if there's a Takumi on the opposing team and the arena match is in that volcanic setting, I am guaranteed to lose. Just the extra maneuverability of the Takumi VS my Hector means I will not get the jump on him and he will be able to ambush my Hector with something else that will fuck him up, or I'll just be left with the Hector because the Takumi will wipe everything else up before my slow ass Hector will get to him, and I can't use Effie's push to get him to the Takumi because the paths are so narrow. Sucks, man.

The stage with the bridges I have trouble with but can still win if I'm smart. The volcano one? Not a damn chance.

Vena

Reason why he's really good is that he has distant counter.

His biggest problem is that he can effectively be ignored due to his slow ass move until everything else is dead, and Armorslayer/Hammer will fuck with him and he's easily out maneuvered.

Hammer is also on defensive units (like Freddie) in general so his offense just gets hit by another wall. Actually, Freddie is probably one of the better counters for Hector in the whole game. 3 move vs 1, Hammer+, incredible defense and high attack on both of them.

champloo

have you tried leveling up your 3* units? Some of them can be quite useful. I have a 3* Olivia as my main sword user.

chrono01

Chapter 9 cleared on Normal. I guess it's time to switch over to Hard.

All of the talk about Serra earlier convinced me that I need to level her. She's only 3*, so it'll take a while, but I figure I need a healer for more difficult content and she seems like she could be useful.

Vena

I've been having success with 4-star Sully as a dedicated Sword destroyer on my main team, but she's quite specialized. I'm hoping for a more broad-use lancer to come my way eventually.

Selena's been okay for me as a passable Knight buster but her Triangle skill gets her owned by Lance knights. I really like Threaten Speed too. I have plenty of other sword users to work with though so it's not a huge deal, but she seemed alright when leveling a sub team.

I'm actually happy to hear that Alfonse/Sharena/Anna are not terrible. Might work on leveling them up just for fun.

I haven't pulled a Sully to level, so I can't gauge her, I wonder if she's right around Stahl's level just Blue rather than Red.

Ya Threaten Speed is great, but Selena just doesn't cut it from a stats perspective as she laggs waaaay behind on others. I was actually very surprised by how wide the gap is between Fir and Selena, with the former being near Marth in overall stats (with I think better skills than Marth but a worse weapon). So Selena ultimately just isn't worth using outside of a tight niche that other units can provide... like Takumi.

From my grinding of them, stat and (arguably) skill wise Anna >> Sharena > Alfonse. Alfonse has counter productive skills, and an offensive unit that has buffs for others is kind of meh imo. Sharena is more defensively oriented/support, and her weapon nerfs enemies rather severely. But Anna's got the best weapon, Astra, Vantage, and can teleport giving her better movement options.

daxgame

Can't you use orbs to refill?

really don't know. I used some kind of drink or something I think? Sorry I forgot. I had like 10 of them, not even sure where I got them.

while we are at it I also have two strange things:

1) what are the little swords for? I always have 3 and have some items to "refill them" but I don't even get what they are for, lol
2) someone else that is not my wife has added me. How the hell.... ? He did a random number? He found me through my phone number? Is there even such thing? I don't get get it

Firemind

All of the talk about Serra earlier convinced me that I need to level her. She's only 3*, so it'll take a while, but I figure I need a healer for more difficult content and she seems like she could be useful.
Yeah but on the other hand it's Serra.

chrono01

How does rerolling work in this game? Any particular hero I should hope to get?
Basically, to re-roll (on iOS, anyway) just un-install/re-install after you do your initial pulls (if you don't get what you want). Rinse/Repeat as many times as it takes. DON'T LINK YOUR MY NINTENDO ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU SETTLE ON AN ACCOUNT!

As for who to aim for, Takumi is the current "top-tier", along with hector (insane tank). Ryomu, Tiki, Lyn, Lucina, etc. are all great too. Basically, any 5* base and you should be fine, unless you really want to chase a specific character.

Yeah but on the other hand it's Serra.
I like her art, so there's that.

She's an ass (oh god don't tap on her to speak) but she's a really, really good unit. May even be one of the best healers/support in the game.
You made me curious, so I tapped.

"Adore me!"

"Did you bring me a little gift...or a BIG one?"

Oh my.

evanmisha

really don't know. I used some kind of drink or something I think? Sorry I forgot. I had like 10 of them, not even sure where I got them.

while we are at it I also have two strange things:

1) what are the little swords for? I always have 3 and have some items to "refill them" but I don't even get what they are for, lol
2) someone else that is not my wife has added me. How the hell.... ? He did a random number? He found me through my phone number? Is there even such thing? I don't get get it

1) You can use one to do an arena duel, up to 3 a day unless you refill them. They reset at midnight game time.
2) Every player can be encountered in the arena, and after you fight someone you can send a friend request.

Caim

I have her at 4* and her attack buff is ridiculous.

She's a good healer with Imbue and can do some decent damage to the heavy armor units with Assault.

Shinypogs

have you tried leveling up your 3* units? Some of them can be quite useful. I have a 3* Olivia as my main sword user.
i know 3*s can be good, my lissa and donnel are both 3 star gods.

Sadly my only sword users are lon'qu the noodle arm, the two hana from the special maps two days ago and Alfonse whose just.. no. I have a red mage in Raigh but I don't really need more ranged units right now.

I have 83 orbs I can afford to pull again ( and to not do a full 5 summon if it refuses to give me red orbs) it's just I'm afraid a time will come when I'll really wish I had just waited. I'm bad at gachapon games, can't surrender to the need to hoard waifu and husbando :(

I'm gonna do it as soon as I get my daily arenaing out of the way pray for me gaf, pray for a non noodle arm sword user.

wrowa

Basically, to re-roll (on iOS, anyway) just un-install/re-install after you do your initial pulls (if you don't get what you want). Rinse/Repeat as many times as it takes. DON'T LINK YOUR MY NINTENDO ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU SETTLE ON AN ACCOUNT!.

I thought you can just unlink your Nintendo account?

rockx4

My new setup has been working really well, Takumi and Oboro tear things up, even though Oboro is only 4*.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9cJE7Qb.png[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom