• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Just fought my first Takumi in an Int. Arena. I might be LTTP on this but he is absolutely ridiculous.

Powerful attack stats, ranged, can counter attack melee hits (sure just negate the inherent weakness of ranged units. What the fuck), lowers everyone's speed, and he's COLOURLESS so essentially he has no weakness. I was going through his abilities at the start of the fight and I could barely believe it. This unit has everything.

FAKE EDIT:

AHAHAHAHA my fucking robin just pretty much solo'd 3 takumi's all on his own

Get fucked you god damn whale

I don't know what Robin has but at least someone can kill him. Is his RES low? A magic user is something my party doesn't have at the moment.

PK Gaming

AHAHAHAHA my fucking robin just pretty much solo'd 3 takumi's all on his own

Get fucked you god damn whale

There's a reason why FE fans call him the Grandmaster of Disaster

I wish I had him so bad :(

I don't know what Robin has but at least someone can kill him. Is his RES low? A magic user is something my party doesn't have at the moment.

He has WTA against colorless units (ie: Takumi)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Here you go. It's tied to our FE GAF Discord server, which is linked in the OP, but the link expired.

Again - i cant just add my ID on that list. Anyone here wanna help me out and put my ID on the list ?

Thanks in advance.

Skii

It's pretty important to make sure you are focusing on the Sword > Axe > Spear thing. Then try to work on pulling enemies towards you rather than running in. I used a sword, axe, spear, and healer unit and finished the story on normal. Though the last two missions were rather difficult.

I dont even know what are healer units. I'd love to have one over Cordelia or Bartre as they both suck lol. Another problem is that if I can even finish a mission, everyone but Lyn are dead meaning they gain no XP continuing this viscous circle.

KiraFA37

Question how does this game run on Android devices that don't have 2GB of RAM? Asking because my main device is in for repairs and I'm looking at a temporary phone that only has 1.5GB of RAM.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Most Taks have low res, on robin has high hp and defence, robin also gets advantage vs grey units and if they happen to knock him under half health he get's plus 7 speed at the start of every turn so they lose the ability to double shot and he gets to half the time

PrOd6fv.jpg
YIEOTsJ.jpg

Need to put a harpoon in robins hand

onionfrog

Question how does this game run on Android devices that don't have 2GB of RAM? Asking because my main device is in for repairs and I'm looking at a temporary phone that only has 1.5GB of RAM.
Runs fine on my OG Moto G with 1gb of ram.

I had to reinstall the game once when I was getting the 803-3301 error. Since then there have been no issues.

Also if the play store says your device isn't compatible just download the Apk from a mirror somewhere

Kansoku

So, the only character I really, really wanted was Lyn. I rerolled hoping that I would get her, but I got so tired of rerolling that I stopped on the first 5* that I saw. Which happened to be Takumi. I kept it, did my second pull, got a 5* Catria which has been great for me. My third pull was awful, only one 4* (thankfully it was a female Corrin) and the rest 3* no names. I decided to do one last pull and then save my orbs for the next banner.

Got a 3* Setsuna, then a 4* Clarine (which I think will replace my 4* Serra), then a 4* Oboro, and a 3* Beruka. And then I got a 5* Lyn.

Feels so good man.

Pachimari

So when I reroll do I do my summons right after the tutorial, or should I do all the three stages in World of Zenith (the first world) and then do my summons?

Dreavus

There's a reason why FE fans call him the Grandmaster of Disaster

I wish I had him so bad :(

He has WTA against colorless units (ie: Takumi)

Ahhh okay. Honestly after that fight I think that's basically what you will need to take him down. It was a two on three (Marth deleted Nowi and Camilla deleted his pegasus lancer (forget the name) before getting one shot herself), Takumi had a few levels on me but him throwing out counter attacks while receiving none as a ranged unit wrecked me.

Looking at my army I really don't have anything to counter this right now. Arena is going to be very hit and miss for me based on whether people have this unit, lol. This ended my streak at 5, going to leave it for today.

EDIT:

Most Taks have low res, on robin has high hp and defence, robin also gets advantage vs grey units and if they happen to knock him under half health he get's plus 7 speed at the start of every turn so they lose the ability to double shot and he gets to half the time

PrOd6fv.jpg
YIEOTsJ.jpg

Glorious. This is pretty cathartic to see TBH, hahaha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I got a 3* fem Corrin today, is she only good as a 5* or is 4 worth upgrading to and stopping there for a long while since I have another char who needs to hit 5 first.

She becomes strong as soon as she hits 4 stars, and 4 stars is easy to get. 5 star F-Corrin is a walking nightmare

Vena

Ahhh okay. Honestly after that fight I think that's basically what you will need to take him down. It was a two on three (Marth deleted Nowi and Camilla deleted his pegasus lancer (forget the name) before getting one shot herself), Takumi had a few levels on me but him throwing out counter attacks while receiving none as a ranged unit wrecked me.

Looking at my army I really don't have anything to counter this right now. Arena is going to be very hit and miss for me based on whether people have this unit, lol. This ended my streak at 5, going to leave it for today.

Robin is a great Takumi counter because of the advantage and his stats just counter Takumi's hard.

But there are a lot of units that will run over a Takumi-only team on their own, Robin is one of them. Jagen, as an example of a Cav, will bulldoze Takumi's due to Aegis and solid stats similar to Robin.

Takumi and Hector will get meta-countered with time.

Finally got a 5-star during a summon. Then I immediately got another. Sheena and Peri. Neither are considered very high tier but I'm just happy to have them.

Firemind

I got a 3* fem Corrin today, is she only good as a 5* or is 4 worth upgrading to and stopping there for a long while since I have another char who needs to hit 5 first.
Probably only 5* since Dark Breath+ is so much better than Dark Breath.

Edit: and of course the base stats

Zafir

Takumi and Hector will get meta-countered with time.

Pretty much. At the moment people are still finding counters, and even then most people won't own them yet. With time they will. That said even with counters they'll still be strong. You just wouldn't want an entire team of them when you can just use one unit you have to decimate them all.

Shinypogs

Also note that brave weapon users can wreck Takumi. He's a real pain a lot of the time but even my 3* Donnel can burst him before he gets a chance to counterattack.

Best of luck finding your own counter and in your arena adventure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Probably only 5* since Dark Breath+ is so much better than Dark Breath.

Edit: and of course the base stats

You can't pull a 5 star f-corrin I think

Currently rank 4852. I don't think it's happening.
Damn I don't think I did too bad for dropping 0 fire emblem buckaroos
LchnuKD.jpg

Kinda salty I didn't know how they actually grade you until I used up my free swords though. I would have been pushing hard on the advanced tier since this team can hold it's own. Only had 1 loss this entire time I played

de_reddy

Neo Member
All you guys seem to have crazy teams including Takumi and Lyn, all my pulls since really starting the game (after rerolling for a 5* Chrom) are just crap.

Maximos

Neo Member
Am I reading the Worldwide Launch Celebration right? Are the training tower maps going to have their Stamina requirements double after Feb 20. It also looks like it's going to cost stamina to equip skills. I don't like the sound of either one of those, I feel like those changes will further hurt the longevity of the game by punishing playing the game more often (unless you continue to pay)

PrOd6fv.jpg
YIEOTsJ.jpg

Since i have a 5 star Robin and a 4 star kagero. Seeing this makes me comfortable knowing I can wreck a takumi team

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This brings me to my fear for Heroes. I think this game falls more under the F/GO category than GBF. The progression is way too simple and the customization even more so. You level up your characters. You acquire skills. Then you're done. So what? I guess you can consider team compositions a level of complexity but let's be real, it's really not. Eh… Not sure what IS can do to sort of change this to be honest…. It'd be one thing if different weapons allowed for different pros and cons a la awakening and fates but… too late maybe?

Yeah, I am really starting to wonder as well. For better or worse, the gameplay in FEH is extremely simple and straight forward. Skills are easy to max out, and characters are super easy to level. At this point, I don't know what the hook will be to get people to keep playing going forward. The FE brand will go far but at some point, there needs to be some long term goals for people. FEH is a gacha lite type game right now but hopefully it'll grow more complex as time goes on. Still, love the game and I'm in it for the long haul. We'll see where they go.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Got a five star on my sixth reroll--Lilina.

Tubobutts

I hope they add in some more free ways to get more orbs at some point. With the special maps I have just enough levels of lunatic left to do one more full summon. It doesn't help that the game really likes giving me pulls of four 3* and one 4*.

PK Gaming

4* is absolutely worth upgrading to. 4* Corrin is still a strong unit, since most of what makes her a good unit at 5* (Debuffs, buffs, magical offense and durability) apply at 4*.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Noo conflicting opinions !

Marth is my priority to get to 5 but I could promote a 3 star to four shortly after I get this weeks arena rewards.

Not too conflicting :p A strong unit is by no means a walking nightmare xD

How practical is it to get 20k feathers to promote someone to five stars?

Depends on your pvp rankings. Most people should be able to get one from pvp feathers alone in 10-12 weeks. This isn't counting whatever feathers come from event stuff in the future

daxgame

hmm I just noticed that if you get a "bad level up" even if you let your char die and fight again it won't change.
Anyone tried closing the app and re-opening it and doing another fight ? I guess it's coded somehow... (makes sense)

soultron

Banned
hmm I just noticed that if you get a "bad level up" even if you let your char die and fight again it won't change.
Anyone tried closing the app and re-opening it and doing another fight ? I guess it's coded somehow... (makes sense)

Next/pending level up "scoring" could be determined at the time of the previous level up, yeah.

I just did my first 5 pull after my initial billion rerolls got 2 4* garbage and what I thought was 3 3* garbage, but one was a Corrin (F) and I am reading she is beastly once I upgrade her. Not pissed anymore lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Your character's stats are tied to the creation of them

I actually haven't ran across a takumi that's stronger than mine yet either. Saw some that were 4 or 5 levels higher than mine with 6 less attack LOL

I got such a good roll xD

e09qtDe.jpg

I'll fucking love it if I rolled plus one attack on the last 5 levels

If the meta every shifts into a heavy Blue focus I already have a Fae sitting on the backburner to cockblock those units

Venfayth

Here's my box right now

I have so many 4 stars I want to take to 5. Right now I think I want to make Cordelia a priority though, her 4*->5* skills are pretty crazy.

Trying to get everyone to 40 though at this point. I just have Lunatic 8 and 9 left before I'm finished with all the story missions.

I might try a Tiki / Tiki / Fae / F.Corrin team for fun and hope I don't run into any Lucinas :p

Tubobutts

Is there anything to do with excess sp? I've got a 5 star Roy with all the skills learned and he has an extra 516 sp doing nothing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys, I cleared the story missions yesterday so I'm just wondering if there's any changes you guys recommend I make to my team with the characters I have pulled so far? Here's what I have:

You need magic damage, put Lilina on your team she can do her job at 4stars she's a very powerful unit that does aoe damage, and buffs allies around her with bonus attack

Either drop the healer or drop jacob dependent on how comfortable you are with baiting out attacks

Gotchaye

Pretty much. At the moment people are still finding counters, and even then most people won't own them yet. With time they will. That said even with counters they'll still be strong. You just wouldn't want an entire team of them when you can just use one unit you have to decimate them all.

It might still make sense to keep 4 Takumis around, though. Because you get rewarded so differently for offense and defense, the strategy behind building a team for each is very different. On offense you value consistency and versatility. You need to be able to win 7 in a row against a variety of teams. But you're fine losing 90% of your defensive matches if you're winning occasionally against generally strong offensive teams. So you have a lot of reason to put together gimmicky defensive compositions. Probably the best defensive teams are ones where every single member is an offensive generalist (because the AI does a terrible job trying to target things they're good against) while sharing a defensive profile so as to overwhelm the offensive team's counter to that profile.

You don't want to mix it up defensively. An armored unit and a flyer and a swordsman and an archer is terrible. Their archer will immediately kill your flyer, the swordsman and archer will get baited into a high Def character and killed on the next turn, and when the armored guy finally gets there their whole team will take him out.

Instead you want an all armor team. 4 Hectors is definitely winning the occasional game even at the highest tiers. Possibly it's even better if you throw in some of the other armored heroes like Draug for different aura buffs, but giving up the ranged double counterattack is rough. Likewise 4 Takumis is going to pick off the occasional team that doesn't have two strong anti-Takumi heroes. You just can't cover all your bases on offense.

Your character's stats are tied to the creation of them

I actually haven't ran across a takumi that's stronger than mine yet either. Saw some that were 4 or 5 levels higher than mine with 6 less attack LOL

I got such a good roll xD

e09qtDe.jpg

I'll fucking love it if I rolled plus one attack on the last 5 levels

If the meta every shifts into a heavy Blue focus I already have a Fae sitting on the backburner to cockblock those units

That one is going to max out at 49 attack. You rolled high attack and low HP.

Razmos

Sigh, my wife really got into this (funny because she never liked "that game with the squares", but now asked for my copy of Awakening to give it a shot) but then today she went on to summon and...

YvvKy1H.jpg

she hasn't opened the game since, lol
But with every 3 or 4* pulled the chances of getting a 5* increases. She might get one on the next pull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom