• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do 5* characters have better stat growth than their 3 or 4* versions? Or do we just get those abilities we can see in their upgrade paths that unlock at 5*.

I don't have any 5* characters :(

Iceman829

It took me from launch until now to finally get a squad worth keeping, but i'm finally in the game. Takumi and Merric 5* backed up by a 4* Oboro

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I've hit a strange point in the game re: arena. My team has one 5* Roy and a 3* Lissa that heals for 7hp. 7hp heals are decent enough in the 15-20 level range, but obviously, it's going to drop off as hp totals get higher. Also the higher level you are, the better chance you have of matching into the whales in arena.

So now I'm pretty much freezing my main team so they don't level up any further and using a sub team for the HM story and other things. I wish the healing was a % and not a fixed number.

Sölf

So do 5* characters have better stat growth than their 3 or 4* versions? Or do we just get those abilities we can see in their upgrade paths that unlock at 5*.

They have higher base and higher max stats. And since it looks like every character will reach their max stats at max level, they also should have better growths.

divusrex

Can probably do a little better than that, honestly. Though, I feel bad saying that because I have a 5* Jeorge and he's easily one of my MVPs.

Thank you for the advice, I guess I'll continue this hellish journey until I pull a decent unit.

I would reroll tbh. But as a heads up, Ryoma and Hector are not boosted, so the odds of getting them are very, very low. Takumi IS boosted though, so 6% is pretty good odds, as these things go.

Thanks! Are the boosted rates posted on the website? I didnt even know that Takumi is boosted today.

Is Takumi the only good archer in the game? I found him incredibly annoying in Fates and would prefer to not have him near my teams in this game.

At the moment, he appears to be better than everyone else in terms of archers.

If you want a different good archer, you'll probably have to wait for Shinon to appear and put him in his place.

Thanks! Are the boosted rates posted on the website? I didnt even know that Takumi is boosted today.

The characters that are more likely to appear are shown on the packs. The one with camilla/takumi/lyn/roy on the pack front has a 3% chance of giving one of those 4, and another 3% chance of any random 5* (including the aforementioned 4 characters). That's what people mean by boosted. Same goes for the other set with those cover characters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's true. I still have a little way to go before it's kind of set in stone. I'm guessing that out of the given stats, middle of the road would be best for her... or maybe +ATK/-RES?

Unfortunately she's my only 5 star, so I'm putting a lot of pressure on her, heh.

Yeah attack - res would be best

This game makes me wonder if somehow Fire Emblem Switch will be possible to play entirely on touchscreen controls only. Although console games are extensively menu based, I would love to just use the touchscreen in case I forgot the joycons or just don't want to use a controller.

Even if it is clunky, the option is still nice

Sölf;229835583 said:
They have higher base and higher max stats. And since it looks like every character will reach their max stats at max level, they also should have better growths.

Damn. So everyone rerolling and whaling for the 5* really do get huge advantages. Oh well

Gotchaye

Actually I'm not sure. Higher rarities definitely have higher base stats. At level 1 my 2* Donnell has +1 Atk and +1 Def relative to the 1*. My 3* Donnel has another +1 HP and +2 Spd (and +2 Atk but this is from Steel Lance vs Iron Lance). Presumably higher rarity growths aren't worse, so they'll have better max stats, but I haven't seen level 40 stats for different rarities so I don't know how big the gap is. At minimum the 5* is going to have another few stat points and +3/4 attack from their weapon.

Ponn

Banned
Dammnit, I finally got 20 more orbs and did another 5 pull. I already have a shitton of axe wielders and really need a good sword unit, best i have right now is a 3* Lon Qu and 3* Olivia. I get Felicia, eh ok, 3 more fucking 3* axes and 4* Catria which is ok but i'm not hurting for spears. I will just stop leveling Subaki is all. I wasn't sold on mages at first but then I leveled Nino and turned into my useful character next to my 5* Camilla. I replaced Niles with Nino in my main roster. I was ignoring Bartre till I saw he had the Hammer skill which i'm working towards now. I got a 3* Azma as my only potential healer but with only 4 spots i'm finding it hard to give a spot to him.

My main roster right now is

5* Camilla
4* Raven
4* Peri
4* Nino

Is this a good group to roll with? Should I continue to level up Olivia and put her in the group and if so who does she replace? I think her dance ability could be really useful. Peri isn't adding anything extraordinary to the team except for being able to cover distance and she has the best voice clips. When I level Catria i may replace Peri with her in my main lineup. I also have a couple extra dupes, is it worth it to feed my 3* Bartre dupe to my 4* one? Should i level the dupes before feeding them to the stronger ones? Leveling is tedious but not resource sapping as the training towers only cost a couple stamina which i usually have one back by the time i'm done with the map.

divusrex

The characters that are more likely to appear are shown on the packs. The one with camilla/takumi/lyn/roy on the pack front has a 3% chance of giving one of those 4, and another 3% chance of any random 5* (including the aforementioned 4 characters). That's what people mean by boosted. Same goes for the other set with those cover characters.

Ah, ok. I thought he meant that Takumi would have an extra boost today...Thanks for clarifying.

Is Takumi the only good archer in the game? I found him incredibly annoying in Fates and would prefer to not have him near my teams in this game.

For colorless I will always recommend kagero. Sure shes a dagger user but her poison dagger at 4 star makes her effective against everything except armored and mounted.

For actual archers next best one is probably jeorge

Whales

Banned
my team is currently a takumi, 5* chrom and 5* camilla ( got lucky and pulled her)

my blue is a 2* sharena tho... Should I bother trying to roll for Robin? I need magic damage too

Falchion

Ugh, just had the worst summon ever, four 3 stars and one 4 which won't help my team at all. Guess I gotta keep grinding for those orbs.

Also, if anyone needs more friends to fill up their list, feel free to add me: 7559778160

evanmisha

That's dumb. On the Canadian orb shop, it's actually a better deal to buy 75 for 54.99 (.73 cents each) than it is to buy 140 for 104.99 (.75 cents each).

Shahadan

It's not like any of them have actual lines or something to say though.
I even tolerate Camilla and her boobs in my party!

seriously they even put her boobs on her small portrait when you select her wtf

Having a lot of fun rolling with 5* Takumi, 4* Chrom, 4* Oboro and 4* Raven at the mo'. I've also been using a 4* Clarine for some variety... not too bad for a healer. Still need to get some actual magic users since the game has refused to give me any when I roll.

Also my game ID is 7929625435 for anyone who wants to add me.

Nakho

So... I have a 5* Robin and don't where to put my SP. The skill that grants defense bonus to adjacent units or the one that raises speed once I'm below a certain % of HP?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So... I have a 5* Robin and don't where to put my SP. The skill that grants defense bonus to adjacent units or the one that raises speed once I'm below a certain % of HP?

I prefer the defensive bonus first because Robin is always hiding behind someone. Both are good though.

Pejo

Jeorge is pretty great. He has an AoE field skill, and inflicts attack down on units after his attack. He pretty much destroys mages (other than robin) and flying units.

I've hit a strange point in the game re: arena. My team has one 5* Roy and a 3* Lissa that heals for 7hp. 7hp heals are decent enough in the 15-20 level range, but obviously, it's going to drop off as hp totals get higher. Also the higher level you are, the better chance you have of matching into the whales in arena.

So now I'm pretty much freezing my main team so they don't level up any further and using a sub team for the HM story and other things. I wish the healing was a % and not a fixed number.

Upgrade her assist once you get her to 4*. I've got a 4* Lissa and she definitely heals for more than 7hp, though I can't tell you how well that scales with ally level and damage taken.

It's not like any of them have actual lines or something to say though.
I even tolerate Camilla and her boobs in my party!

seriously they even put her boobs on her small portrait when you select her wtf

Counterpoint: if you didn't remember that Peri basically sounds and talks like Elmo, you'll never forget after playing Heroes.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah. Got to 20 orbs again for first time after the initial rererolls and did another 5 hero pull and netted Future Witness Lucina and a 4 star Sakura.

Dragner

Im really sorry guys, I know this is bragging but I couldnt believe it.

kWon7QCl.png

Kitoro

kWon7QCl.png

Wow.. that's almost a perfect team set-up right there. Use the 5* mage until Robin is able to promote to 5* (which will take months), or until you pull a better 5* unit to replace him.

Dragner

Wow.. that's almost a perfect team set-up right there. Use the 5* mage until Robin is able to promote to 5* (which will take months), or until you pull a better 5* unit to replace him.

This is not a reroll just a pull, Already have a 5* Robin and a 5* Leo maxed.

neonglow

I'm using regular Tiki but she seems to suck against magic users and doesn't really do much damage. The only good thing about her is that she can counter at any distance. Why is she rated so highly?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Upgrade her assist once you get her to 4*. I've got a 4* Lissa and she definitely heals for more than 7hp, though I can't tell you how well that scales with ally level and damage taken.
I know that, but it doesn't quite fix my issue. The scaling heal only kicks in when they're under 50% and it has an awful drawback. I'd rather not get Imbue because it's not the most reliable, but maybe that's the plan. Still doesn't help me dodge whales though.

I wonder what level ranges the gap between 4* and 5* is least prominent. Somewhere after the point where their base weapon just rolls over everyone and before hitting those higher caps.

ty_hot

Lyn 27, Camilla 26, Catria 12, 5*
Nowi 22, Fae 20, Cecilia 17, Cain 12, Peri 12, 4*
Wris 21 3* (Will make him 4* when I have enough feathers).

And a bunch of 3* as well. Castle on 100%.

I want 20 more orbs to get another 5* or at least feathers. Last summon I got 4 3* and 1 4*. Next one should be better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You inspired me.... I was saving my orbs but then saw your pulls and was like "fuck it, let's roll". Pulled a Takumi sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is nice ;)

How's this reroll:
5* Takumi
5* Lucina
4* Corrin (Sword version)
4* Marth

Any good? Seems like too many swords to me but it's the first roll in which I've gotten 2 level 5s...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom