• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
People complaining about the Stamina being low and how there's not enough stamina to do everything clearly don't understand the underlying intent of why it's that way presently. The game doesn't have that much content and the end game right now is either making characters 5* and/or leveling 5* characters to 40. That's it. One way to control people not just blazing through the content and getting to super end-game status is to control the flow of content and how people are intaking. IS has clearly hiked the stamina values to a point where people can't supergrind but enough so people keep people playing throughout the day. Come on guys. It's not hard.

I'm in this for the long haul, and I agree with you. No need for people to panic. As a freemium player, you have to accept the fact that you're at a disadvantage compared to people who pay.

That's the nature of the game. I've already completed the first eight Chapters on Hard and first four on Lunatic without paying at all.

The daily log-in orbs and celebration maps will give a good number of orbs. The Arena aspect is very competitive, but I know that I'll eventually have a fantastic team.

Vena

Yeah Roy was amazing there idk why they make him so underpowered here.

Just compare it side by side with other mains like Chrom or Marth

Roy has +2 def/res after attacking that is very low for a 5* only trait.

Marth and Chrom have dragonkiller + heal

Roy has triangle (lol)
Marth has teleport when weak and Chrom has +7 defense

Roy has -7 defense after attacking
Marth and Chrom has +spd/def to allies

And Chrom has Aether.

And boy I like Roy as a character in FE but I cant justify playing with him over the other 2.

Roy's status bonuses don't expire until the next turn, and it stacks. Seal isn't as good as Threaten but it lasts longer and lets multiple units take advantage of it.

Also Roy has better stats. Chrom is hilariously fucked against magic.

Also Shove.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Time to farm exp!
How do you farm exp in this game? I've kind of tried it before by having a character soak hits the last guy in the enemy team while my healer endlessly healed her, but eventually the healer just stops getting exp for healing. Why is that?

Vena

Okay after playing a bunch in the last week, I think this tier list is pretty close to right:

http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

And I'm glad to see that non-base 5-stars can be high on the list. I need to promote my Chrom.

This will keep moving around but, ya, Serra is up there amongst the best of the support class units, and frankly I'd put her in A or S all by herself because she just provides too much bulk/buffs.

I don't think Hector will stay SS nor will Takumi, they are high right now because Focus is Red and almost all of the major characters from said draws are weak to Hector's bulk.

Venfayth

How do you farm exp in this game? I've kind of tried it before by having a character soak hits the last guy in the enemy team while my healer endlessly healed her, but eventually the healer just stops getting exp for healing. Why is that?

It didn't actually work too well, heh, was getting like 10 exp per attack. I just killed them after ~20 rounds.

There might be a limit on the exp per battle you can gain.

Avallon

I'm such an FE noob - I know literally 0 about the franchise - so thought I'd have a pop at this and using only the free orbs I got from linking my Nintendo account and the first levels I got this haul :D

Screen_Shot_2017_02_06_at_16_06_05.png

That's unbelievably lucky.

I'm such an FE noob - I know literally 0 about the franchise - so thought I'd have a pop at this and using only the free orbs I got from linking my Nintendo account and the first levels I got this haul :D

Screen_Shot_2017_02_06_at_16_06_05.png

Seems to be doing the job! I have 20 orbs again and wonder if I should push my luck and go for a good ranged/white blob/arrow character to round the team out. Or should I not bother?

Also what do I do with the duplicates I have; like the boy with the pot on his head and that Hana ninja lady I won from the special maps?

Your team is great for normal and hard story modes. I suggest using the orbs to expand your castle next since the EXP Gain is a permanent boost. Save for heroes again after you max it.

As for duplicates, I personally send 2- and 1-star heroes home, at least ones that don't possess a type or ability that my party currently lacks. Merging mismatched rarities for the SP gain over feathers isn't worth it, IMO.

PK Gaming

I hate to break it to you, but Roy was booty in his own game. One of the very worst lords in the series, haha.

Okay after playing a bunch in the last week, I think this tier list is pretty close to right:

And I'm glad to see that non-base 5-stars can be high on the list. I need to promote my Chrom.

I appreciate how they tried to make the characters as accurate to the games as possible while also giving them unique skillsets, resulting in 5-stars not necessarily overshadowing lower star characters.

It's great.

Vena

I appreciate how they tried to make the characters as accurate to the games as possible while also giving them unique skillsets, resulting in 5-stars not necessarily overshadowing lower star characters.

It's great.

So when they add Seth and Ike, they will be SSSSSSS class?

I hate to break it to you, but Roy was booty in his own game. One of the very worst lords in the series, haha.

Only because IS thought it would be a great idea to promote him near the very end of the game. So the Binding Blade was horrendously broken to compensate.

Binding Blade should at least get healing though.

Vena

See this I don't even understand. How the fuck would you counter this?

Someone with high defense and/or Aegis: Freddie, Hector, Jagen, etc...

Roy is a late promotion but he's a good unit at the core, but then he gets one of the most broken weapons ever in the series even considering the family-heirlooms from Hoshido/Nohr.

Baliis

Debating whether I wanna pull again or not. Kinda want another 4 start of I can get a good one to round out my team of Camilla/Takumi/Florina. I'm using Robin right now just because, but his 3stars are starting to show

studyguy

Someone with high defense and/or Aegis: Freddie, Hector, Jagen, etc...

And then they just surround you lol. It's terrifying seeing the danger zone expand on you.
Anyone you send against 4 Takumis first is basically an assured sacrifice

soultron

Banned
And then they just surround you lol. It's terrifying seeing the danger zone expand on you.

I guess you just pray that one of your units is also ranged (and gets good starting placement) so they can soften 1 of them up before they get swarmed.

MegaPanda

Promoting late in FE6 where you can't grind EXP is enough reason to be a mediocre unit. The Sword of Seals is a better lord than Roy can ever be

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
In the 4 takumi scenario the aegis ability is cool and all but it kinda just happens once vs ya know 4 attacks

Honestly you are probably better off with Robins he has high hp and def and natrually counters grey units.

Ideally with the current meta and time you would want to 5 star
http://feheroes.wiki/Setsuna

For bow breaker

Jeffrey

Anyone know what quick riposte does? The wording makes it seem good but I'm not seeing any different counter behavior than normal with my Leo

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This will keep moving around but, ya, Serra is up there amongst the best of the support class units, and frankly I'd put her in A or S all by herself because she just provides too much bulk/buffs.

I don't think Hector will stay SS nor will Takumi, they are high right now because Focus is Red and almost all of the major characters from said draws are weak to Hector's bulk.

I think Hector is the best unit in the game. He's high right now because of his skills and stats and I think they'd have to release new units in order for him to be bumped down. Same with that murdering Takumi. Now, it is entirely possible that the meta shifts so that these units are not as viable in PvP, e.g., everyone starts running anti-Hector comps. If he is ever a focus, then that will probably be the case.

Bork

Neo Member
As for duplicates, I personally send 2- and 1-star heroes home, at least ones that don't possess a type or ability that my party currently lacks. Merging mismatched rarities for the SP gain over feathers isn't worth it, IMO.

Is sending home 'selling' them/deleting them from my roster?

Also, I played FFBE quite a bunch on launch, until I spent real $s trying to get that elusive b*stard Warrior of Light, which led to me uninstalling so I didn't get caught in the gacha trap. I've vowed to not spend a single penny on this..

Anyway I digress; in FFBE you could equip weapons and armour, in this game can we do the same or are they just the 'learnt' ones the characters have? Reason I ask is I can't see any way, once all the skills have been learnt, to improve my main characters past just levelling them up?

Vena

Wow you guys are bad at FE6, Roy isn't even good before he slams into his level cap and gets walled by his late promotion time.

Roy's our boy. Scrub.

But as I said, Roy's just a good unit but his late promotion makes him effectively terrible. Its his weapon that is broken as fuck.

Well, that's why they need bulk to basically take little to no damage, since Takumi's max attack isn't astronomical (like, say, Chrom's) and his weapon caps at 14. Aegis triggers every other turn as well helping greatly against four Takumi's.

Faced a team of 4 Takumis in Arena.
RIP my no team death run

Worst I've encountered so far was a Takumi, Camilla, Hector, Marth

Only way I can think of to beat 4 Takumi is a team designed to snipe Takumi. Robin and Kagero are automatic Takumi assassins. Don't know who else is good against archers. If anything Robin, Kagero then 2 cavalry units might do the job as you can kill 2 of them before the next turn.

studyguy

I think Hector is the best unit in the game. He's high right now because of his skills and stats and I think they'd have to release new units in order for him to be bumped down. Same with that murdering Takumi. Now, it is entirely possible that the meta shifts so that these units are not as viable in PvP, e.g., everyone starts running anti-Hector comps. If he is ever a focus, then that will probably be the case.

Based on the 40lvl stat averages compiled, Hector legit has the most stat points of anyone in the game on average. It's pretty nuts. I wonder if Ninten will ever come back and bop some characters with slight nerfs to average things out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

There are lots of problems with this tier list. It doesn't value classes that can break through armor enough, which is the biggest roadblock when you start to push up to higher levels. It also isn't accounting for things like movement types, and you see glaring power disparities between stuff on the same tier that's similarly typed (Leo vs. Robin, for example, where Leo basically just dusts Robin). Lots of units are just given too much value when they really aren't that exceptional too. Fae, Corrin, and Chrom really stand out as being overvalued in that regard.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Just compare it side by side with other mains like Chrom or Marth

Roy has +2 def/res after attacking that is very low for a 5* only trait.

Marth and Chrom have dragonkiller + heal

Roy has triangle (lol)
Marth has teleport when weak and Chrom has +7 defense

Roy has -7 defense after attacking
Marth and Chrom has +spd/def to allies

And Chrom has Aether.

And boy I like Roy as a character in FE but I cant justify playing with him over the other 2.

And here I was being happy with the 5 star Roy I got yesterday. :(

I actually like using him to bait the AI into attacking since it doesn't take his damage reduction into consideration. I send him out and have Takumi / Ryoma clean house right after.

Gotchaye

See this I don't even understand. How the fuck would you counter this?

High defense. Any armored hero is going to be pretty good. Tiki and Nowi are going to be pretty good. Hector, adult Tiki, and Nowi also get to counterattack at range. Ryoma's defense isn't as high as you'd like but he'll probably beat a Takumi 1v1. Ranged characters who get an effective vs colorless bonus are going to at least hold their own - Robin is a particularly good choice, and will kill one Takumi single-handedly. A good team should definitely have one and probably two of these, and I don't think that's a huge ask. Ideally you can take advantage of the terrain to get the first hit in on at least some of them with your melee dudes.

And then your own Takumi is going to be able to take one out if you open the fight by having him step into range of one of them.

There are lots of problems with this tier list. It doesn't value classes that can break through armor enough, which is the biggest roadblock when you start to push up to higher levels. It also isn't accounting for things like movement types, and you see glaring power disparities between stuff on the same tier that's similarly typed (Leo vs. Robin, for example, where Leo basically just dusts Robin). Lots of units are just given too much value when they really aren't that exceptional too. Fae, Corrin, and Chrom really stand out as being overvalued in that regard.

I'd add that I don't think it's likely true that the starter heroes should be bottom-tier. https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5se1ep/average_stats_of_some_5_heroes_at_lvl40/ suggests that Sharena and Anna actually have great 5* stats and their skills are a lot better than average.

studyguy

Well, that's why they need bulk to basically take little to no damage, since Takumi's max attack isn't astronomical (like, say, Chrom's) and his weapon caps at 14. Aegis triggers every other turn as well helping greatly against four Takumi's.

Oh no I won, no doubt, but it was basically last man standing on that fight, it was one of the more enjoyable fights I had, it just cost me a shitload of arena points.

I still think Kagero is too low on most teir lists.

She is legit scary to anything that isn't mounted or armored.

Started with only 3* and 4*s, finally got my first 5* in my 4th roll yesterday, and now I'm doing pretty well on leaderboards. Hoping to win another defense which should push me up pretty high.

My main party right now: http://imgur.com/a/t7nB3 + reserves

I started with 3* Cherche, 4* Cecilia, 4* Catria. Added in 4* Caeda from my second roll, and 4* Lilina in reserve. Added 2 x 5* Takumi on my 4th roll. Takumi replaced Cherche, giving me a stronger balance of ranged and hand to hand combat. I upgraded Cherche to 4*, but after I leveled Takumi he's just way better overall. Caeda is pretty strong in the right situation, but her base attack is slightly disappointing.

Should I train Lilina a bit and replace Caeda with Lilina (I'll have one of each colour and 1 clear)? I could also swap Cecilia for Cherche in the interest of having 2 ranged and 2 hand to hand. Cherche was a monster offensively through main story even as a 3*, so I imagine 4* Cherche is even better, but Cecilia has the advantage that she absolutely destroys armoured knights with her magics. I feel like green magic is stronger against armour compared to fire, but I'll have to test. Can't remember if this was true in the main games.... Cherche with Hammer is pretty good against Knights too, but then the weapons triangle comes into the mix. With Cecilia I didn't have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom