• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That one is going to max out at 49 attack. You rolled high attack and low HP.

Good to know, I keep him and robin near each other so he typically lives through stuff and slaughters everything. I don't use an archer to tank haha I have them to manhandle stuff in these games

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You need magic damage, put Lilina on your team she can do her job at 4stars she's a very powerful unit that does aoe damage, and buffs allies around her with bonus attack

Either drop the healer or drop jacob dependent on how comfortable you are with baiting out attacks
Why not Robin for the blue? He's pretty tanky too for his healer and decent enough at 4*.

Razmos

WWneE98.jpg
Am I doing good GAF? (No rerolling)

Omnicent

So when they add Seth and Ike, they will be SSSSSSS class?

No that will be the Dark Knight with a 1-2 range sword, eclipse as his special, and he will be tanky to both physiical and magic.
It will be like mission in PoR where you have to avoid him cause he will tear you up if you don't.

But yeah hopefully they don't do that.

MutFox

Banned
Hmm... Wondering if I should level Alfonse to 5*
Seems like he has good skills starting at 4*.

There will probably be a way to pull a 5* Alfonse later.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why not Robin for the blue? He's pretty tanky too for his healer and decent enough at 4*.

Oh woops didn't notice him for some reason, yeah Robin works as an alternative, gives you a counter vs colorless foes as well.

Lili is just really really strong haha. Honestly if they wanted to do a no healer team I'd put lili and robin both on

Rob goes behind lyn, lili behind gunter

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Am I doing good GAF? (No rerolling)

I am looking forward to the day these stealth brag posts stop. *sigh*

Yes, dear Razmos, your 4 5-star characters are good!!!!!! You're aware of the tier rankings so I don't know what you are looking for from any of us.

Draxal

Have a plus ATK minus def Robin.
plus def minus ATK Lucina
Plus res minus HP Takumi (ugh reroll)
True neutral tiki.

Really want to reroll that Tak.

PK Gaming

They did this in Fates. Your characters have their stats decided on first encounter, like IVs/Natures.

Wait, no they didn't. Unless you mean having set level ups, but that was on Lunatic mode only. And even then, maxing out stats was still possible via stat boosters.

It seems like now you need to cross your fingers twice (though I think most nature set ups should be fine)

Gotchaye

Oh woops didn't notice him for some reason, yeah Robin works as an alternative, gives you a counter vs colorless foes as well.

Lili is just really really strong haha. Honestly if they wanted to do a no healer team I'd put lili and robin both on

Rob goes behind lyn, lili behind gunter
Yeah, I was thinking Robin could replace Jacob because he serves the same purpose (and gives defense to allies) So I'm gonna go ahead and level him up to 19 right now and see how that goes. Thanks guys.

daxgame

But with every 3 or 4* pulled the chances of getting a 5* increases. She might get one on the next pull

hey thanks :) I wanted to tell her this but I wasn't completely sure if the chances thingie "refreshed" every 5 summons or not.
Hopefully I'll convince her to play a little more.

Firemind

Dreavus

Wondering if I should pull on these banners anymore or wait for the next.

I have Marth, Lyn, and Camilla at 5* (super lucky so far. After rerolling a bit and just starting the game when Marth showed up, each subsequent pull as resulted in a 5 star). Following that up I have a 4* Sully as my Lancer with 4* Donnel around too. Unfortunately for me Marth and Lyn cover pretty similar roles but I'm using them anyways.

There are big holes in my team in both magic damage and healing, I have no 4 stars in any of those roles. I'm working on a Celilia (green mounted mage) and Giaus (dagger) who are both 3 star ATM, but I don't think they'll be anything to write home about. Zero healers whatsoever! I also lack Armored Knights.

Basically I'd be shooting for either Robin or a Takumi in each banner. But other than those two, these banners are flooded with red red and more red.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking of slow rolling for Grey (maybe blue too) and just eating the orb costs if I get unlucky. Is that worth doing?

Vena

This is the most complete set of average stats I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5se1ep/average_stats_of_some_5_heroes_at_lvl40/ It's mostly right as far as I've observed.

What seems to happen is that each hero has a high stat (+3) and a low stat (-3). With HP it can sometimes be +/- 4 which is why you can have two level 40 heroes of the same type with different total ratings.

Further evidence that Sharena and Anna are really good units.

commish

That's what I did, that said I got lucky in that I only had to do 2 grey pulls to get Takumi.

Yeah I am willing to sacrifice a few orbs in order to get better chances to pull what I want. I simply don't need any more red units!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Looking like my high score will be 3.5k with my ragtag team of one 5* Roy, two 4*s and a 3* healer. Rank 11,910. Shame I couldn't get a single defense win.

Gotchaye

Which stat do you generally not want?

That's probably going to depend on what the hero is for.

For anything that's already really slow you want -Spd. That's free stats. But for anything with a Spd in the high 20s or low 30s I could believe that +Spd is the best possible roll.

I think that generally things with good Res have too much - you'd really like to trade off points of Res for something else. It still won't be worth it to bring a mage within two tiles of them.

A lot of fragile things are probably happy losing Def or Res since they're going to get killed in one or two hits anyway. They might even prefer HP to those since it gives a little extra one-shot protection against everything, and they're generally never going to want to give up Atk or Spd.

FireVoa

Is 4 star Robin worth investing in? I know the 5 star version is a regular casanova, but I wanted to be sure the 20k feathers down the road won't be a waste.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Based on the averages, it really looks like my Camilla is going to be -HP/+SPD. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Zafir

Yeah I am willing to sacrifice a few orbs in order to get better chances to pull what I want. I simply don't need any more red units!

Yeah indeed, that was my logic. xD There's just too many.

Is 4 star Robin worth investing in? I know the 5 star version is a regular casanova, but I wanted to be sure the 20k feathers down the road won't be a waste.

Since I don't have 4 5*'s I've been using Robin 4* as a 4th and he's been solid for me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
While 5* Robin is good, I feel like he's one of those characters where the 4* is GOOD ENOUGH.

FireVoa

Yeah indeed, that was my logic. xD There's just too many.

Since I don't have 4 5*'s I've been using Robin 4* as a 4th and he's been solid for me.

I'm currently running 5* Lyn, Tharja, Roy and 4* Felicia. But I'm wondering if I should drop our boy Roy and slot in Robin instead?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I would actually spend money in this game if the orb costs weren't ludicrous

20 dollars per 5 roll? Get out of here

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Based on the averages, it really looks like my Camilla is going to be -HP/+SPD. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Kinda iffy but plus speed isnt bad. She's mostly there to oneshot someone and blow up the team getting a x4 swing off just gives a free ult and most likely kill

commish

While 5* Robin is good, I feel like he's one of those characters where the 4* is GOOD ENOUGH.

I use a 4-star Robin on my main team (and kick 5-star character to the bench) and I would have to agree with this post. Even at 4 star he is pretty darn awesome. My first 20k feathers are going to him or Chrom, depending on my needs at that time.

divusrex

I'm currently in reroll mode right now. I should have just stayed with Leo or Lyn when I had them, but I honestly want Hector/Takumi/Ryoma.

My most recent run is: 5* Jeorge, 4* Tiki, 4* Lilina, 4* Felica, and 3* Cherche.

Should I continue my reroll journey or settle with these units for now?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I use a 4-star Robin on my main team (and kick 5-star character to the bench) and I would have to agree with this post. Even at 4 star he is pretty darn awesome. My first 20k feathers are going to him or Chrom, depending on my needs at that time.

Yeah 4 star rob is still good, it's just 5 star rob IS THAT MUCH BETTER kinda the same thing with fem corrin

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is there a walkthrough for the story in all difficulties? I'd like to tackle them with the right team composition and not waste stamina finding out I need certain classes.

Pejo

I'm currently in reroll mode right now. I should have just stayed with Leo or Lyn when I had them, but I honestly want Hector/Takumi/Ryoma.

My most recent run is: 5* Jeorge, 4* Tiki, 4* Lilina, 4* Felica, and 3* Cherche.

Should I continue my reroll jounery or settle with these units for now?

Can probably do a little better than that, honestly. Though, I feel bad saying that because I have a 5* Jeorge and he's easily one of my MVPs.

Man, I'm just finishing up hard chp 9 and holy shit that stamina cost per stage.

No, it's ok game, I didn't want to play you for more than 3 minutes anyways.

commish

Should I continue my reroll jounery or settle with these units for now?

I would reroll tbh. But as a heads up, Ryoma and Hector are not boosted, so the odds of getting them are very, very low. Takumi IS boosted though, so 6% is pretty good odds, as these things go.

muu

Not sure if this got brought up earlier in the thread but I couldn't find it. I sort of have to question the longevity of this game in the longterm from a design standpoint. I'm going to make comparisons to two very popular mobile titles I think Japan tends to be familiar with: Granblue Fantasy and Fate/Grand Order. When it comes to longevity I think goals are really important. What I mean by that is that the game's design is easy but complex enough to allow for progression in the game to feel like something meaningful and has a level of depth that allows for customization.

Let's use the two aforementioned games as an example. Progression in Granblue is inifinitely more complex than it is in F/GO. For one, GBF's progression depends on a large character pool, building on multiple elements, working towards weapon grids consistently. Between these three pinnacles, GBF has long legs and progression is something that never ever ends. Even within a single element there are a variety of weapon pools to create certain party types. Working towards progression is hard and arduous but there is a level of complexity due to the underlying design and mechanics in the game.

Then we come to F/GO. This game is not complex by any means and progression is straight simple. Level up servants and level up skills. The avenues of doing so is easy and getting to the end goal is easy as well which means the game doesn't really depend on you working really hard towards progressing to end game. You're just... doing stuff. Why is F/GO popular then? Waifubait and the fanbase. That's it. While people play GBF for the gameplay and progression, the audience of F/GO is the exact opposite. People aren't playing for progression and gameplay. They're playing for the characters.

This brings me to my fear for Heroes. I think this game falls more under the F/GO category than GBF. The progression is way too simple and the customization even more so. You level up your characters. You acquire skills. Then you're done. So what? I guess you can consider team compositions a level of complexity but let's be real, it's really not. Eh... Not sure what IS can do to sort of change this to be honest.... It'd be one thing if different weapons allowed for different pros and cons a la awakening and fates but... too late maybe?

FGO's core strength is the story. Late game chapters are fantastic, and made everything worth it. Having gone through it all though I do admit I'm burnt out on the game... I mean, how the hell do you plan on one-upping that? At best I'm expecting the kind of letdown going from UBW to Heaven's Feel on the original Fate/SN. I'm collecting dailies, going through the revived event quests and mostly sitting on a full stamina bar while I see what they plan to do next. Lack of competitive MP means I don't need to force myself to upgrade this and that.

Granblue's strength is the core gameplay. Its downfall is excess grinding and guild events and MP bosses that require way too much coordination outside of the game and way too much commitment in-game to be successful. The story has always been trash and a waste of a great cast of voice actors. I log in occasionally when there's free pulls but that's about it.

Over the long term I feel FGO's way will prevail. FEH's arena point system is great for casual play since it's not completely about who can keep their phone glued to their face all day long. There needs to be a tweak to the number of arena tokens you get daily, but otherwise there's a foundation for a good story mode complemented by a competitive mode that doesn't turn into something you absolutely loathe.

Also, considering how much of a trainwreck FGO was when it first came out IS is in a great spot w/ FEH. Yes, there will be a fair number of people quitting over the next few weeks, but refinements can and will be made if they at all care about their IP.

Is there a walkthrough for the story in all difficulties? I'd like to tackle them with the right team composition and not waste stamina finding out I need certain classes.

There isn't yet, but it does show you what the enemies weapons are before you start a map. As long as you're sensible (bring units at a higher level and don't only bring sword users to the map with 3 lancers), you should be fine, barring maybe chapter 9.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kinda iffy but plus speed isnt bad. She's mostly there to oneshot someone and blow up the team getting a x4 swing off just gives a free ult and most likely kill

That's true. I still have a little way to go before it's kind of set in stone. I'm guessing that out of the given stats, middle of the road would be best for her... or maybe +ATK/-RES?

Unfortunately she's my only 5 star, so I'm putting a lot of pressure on her, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom