• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
z9h5Pih.png

please leave marth

Langobalt

Neo Member
Finally got 2 blues that are not 3 star garbage in 5* Azura and Effie (or efflie?) Not sure wich to put into my team, Dancing my kagero and camillia butcher things but the stats on effie are ridiculous.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just dropping in to say hi, Heroes is the first time I've returned to mobile gaming since the ill-fated global Chain Chronicle. Nice to see some familar faces. Oh Waifu gacha, how I've missed you.

Enjoying it so far, currently rocking a Tiki / Lyn / Clarine combo plus disposable archer. Tiki in particular seems amazing, flame damage and heals to surrounding tiles? Lovely.

I really miss the Chain Chronicle friend feature where you could use a friend's leader character. I hope friend system gets expanded at some point.

I'll add some GAF'ers, feel welcome to do same if if you want - 782 039 8883 / Myri.

Thanks for the heads up!

Chain Chronicle, loved that game. Just imagine that game with the FE world. Amazing.

1upsuper

Yes, it's common. You don't need to reinstall the game; just open the file manager, browse to data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs and delete the file called deviceAccount:.xml. (Make sure you enable root access in the settings first.) You will still have to relink to your Nintendo account each time, but it only takes a moment.

Thank you!

Dunlop

Any trick for parity on your party levelling?

My 5 star one shots most things and gets the majority of XP from a fight

He's like lvl 14 now wheras most of my party is lvl 5 or 6 lol

Do I just shelve him until they catch up?

Cerium

You just have to put your other guys in positions to land the last hit. Basic Fire Embleming! Go back to the Training Tower and hit up the lower levels.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Uggh.. Finally got 20 orbs to roll again, and I got a really crappy roll >_>.
2 3 Star Lissas (after I started training up 2 Star Lissa to become a 3 Star xD)
1 3 Star Saizo
1 3 Star Jagen
a 4 Star Palla... is she any good at least?

My initial roll (rerolled about twice) got me a 5* Takumi thankfully and I have the following 4 Stars (Palla, Abel, Shanna, Olivia, Jakob, Barst, and Virion) from the 1st 2 rolls.

2 3 Star Lissas (after I started training up 2 Star Lissa to become a 3 Star xD)
1 3 Star Saizo
1 3 Star Jagen
Saizo is the best unit out of that bunch, by the current tier standards.

Cerium

1 3 Star Saizo
1 3 Star Jagen
Just keep pulling until you're satisfied. I got three straight rolls of nothing until I hit it big.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Just keep pulling until you're satisfied. I got three straight rolls of nothing until I hit it big.
This isn't my first roll though, like I've played through quite a bit of the game now. My first roll got me a 5* Takumi, which is awesome, but I haven't gotten any others past that.

Saizo is the best unit out of that bunch, by the current tier standards.
Hm ok, good to know.

Use your free yellow crystals to just get your Lv1 5 stars up to speed to around Lv15.

Then from there grind out the Training Tower. It took me about 3 days of casual play to get them to Lv40? I spent a lot of my time getting all my 4 stars to Lv20 and getting Anna and Sharon to 4 star Lv20 first. It's just making sure no one dies and everyone participates.

Healers have it easiest to level up.

Take advantage of the 1/2 stamina before they end it.

Anything up to lvl 10 can be done at super cheap 1-2 stamina levels of towers so imho it's better to get first few levels there.

VRMN

Haven't gotten a five star yet, but it's not been necessary for the campaign. Yet, anyway. Have a few four stars at least.

Cerium

My damn roommate got 5* Marth, 5* Lucina, 5* Nowi, 5* Tiki, and 5* Azura without buying orbs.

I wish you could trade characters in this game.

VRMN

My damn roommate got 5* Marth, 5* Lucina, 5* Nowi, 5* Tiki, and 5* Azura without buying orbs.
Wow. I haven't bought orbs yet and probably won't. (If I get the urge to spend money for a better team I'm going back to Fates.) Still. Hate.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
okay - so i've powered through hard and lunatic mode.

I lucked out and got Ogma and Takumi

Takumi was pretty much the key player but also feels a little bit "cheat mode".

End team : Ogma (40), Takumi (40), Jagen (37), Hawkeye (35)

Jagen is a bit of a monster too.

Kitoro

Just a half level to go until I max my fourth and final 5*, and then there's really no reason to keep playing until I can summon more, they add new content, or I hit 20k feathers.

Gotchaye

This isn't my first roll though, like I've played through quite a bit of the game now. My first roll got me a 5* Takumi, which is awesome, but I haven't gotten any others past that.

This is not the best way to think about it. Unless you're getting desirable heroes or the resources to get them, you aren't making progress. The point of playing the story missions is not to complete the story missions but to get orbs. I mean, sure, long-term maybe the idea is to be able to do the hardest missions as a challenge sort of thing, but your ability to do this and the time it takes you to get there is heavily dependent on which heroes you pull.

The game is basically a slot machine that gets more expensive with each play. At any time you have the option of throwing out everything it's given you and moving to a fresh machine where the cost-to-play is back to where it started. As you play for more and more time without seeing substantial returns from the slot machine, it actually becomes a better idea to abandon it and move to the next machine. You probably don't want to reroll immediately if you get a Takumi out of your first 4 stones. You probably do want to reroll if that's still all you've gotten after 15 more stones.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
This is not the best way to think about it. Unless you're getting desirable heroes or the resources to get them, you aren't making progress. The point of playing the story missions is not to complete the story missions but to get orbs. I mean, sure, long-term maybe the idea is to be able to do the hardest missions as a challenge sort of thing, but your ability to do this and the time it takes you to get there is heavily dependent on which heroes you pull.

The game is basically a slot machine that gets more expensive with each play. At any time you have the option of throwing out everything it's given you and moving to a fresh machine where the cost-to-play is back to where it started. As you play for more and more time without seeing substantial returns from the slot machine, it actually becomes a better idea to abandon it and move to the next machine. You probably don't want to reroll immediately if you get a Takumi out of your first 4 stones. You probably do want to reroll if that's still all you've gotten after 15 more stones.

hm.. I see. Basically I've only gotten 5 Star Takumi after 15 stones (aka 3 rolls). Is that pretty bad? I still can get about 5 rolls more just from the story. Looking at duckroll, I just thought myself as lucky lol.

Firemind

I mean

What IS the endgame here?

It's not internet fame as the global rankings aren't posted online.

Even if you didn't get any 5* pulls, you're still making progress every day.

redcrayon

You can have your 5* choose a weaker weapon and act as bait, might only slightly reduce their effectiveness though.

Theosmeo

I mean

when they add pvp getting competitive might be relevant, unless they muck it up and neither team approaches becomes the meta

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I mean

Like every mobile game ever, to collect as many cards, characters, whatever. To get you to do that by making your spend money to buy stones.

They will expand the story, do fun stuff like beach stories, Valentine's Day stuff, Christmas stuff, all with a unique set of characters and art with impossible drop rates. The ePeen stuff is people posting their "hauls" and bragging about their new 5* characters.

Gotchaye

hm.. I see. Basically I've only gotten 5 Star Takumi after 15 stones (aka 3 rolls). Is that pretty bad? I still can get about 5 rolls more just from the story. Looking at duckroll, I just thought myself as lucky lol.

Duckroll is a masochist. But, yeah, I think I said earlier in the thread that if I hadn't had 2 5* heroes by 10 or 15 stones I'd probably have restarted. From memory you have a 25%ish chance of getting at least one in your first 5 and then another 50% chance of getting another in the next 10. And since there's a limited number of easily-accessible free orbs that seems worth doing. The next 40 orbs are going to take you a lot longer to get. Like, if the worry is that you don't want to repeat content then this isn't for you, since you get 90 of your free orbs by replaying the same levels on higher difficulties.

I mean

I figure that for most people the goal is basically: have a nice collection of high-level 5* heroes I like. "See the story" is probably not a huge motivator, and regardless you can do that in an afternoon. "Beat the hardest missions" is pretty similar to "Be the best there ever was", and that's such a forward-looking goal that it totally makes sense to write off an early streak of bad luck and start fresh. It just does not take much time to level a 5* hero to 25 or even 30 and get back through Normal difficulty.

Cerium

All they need to provide me with a solid long term hook is straight up PvP. Direct control, no Arena middleman.

I want to fight my roommate's incredibly lucky team.

I want to fight everyone.

chrono01

I was thinking earlier today, I wonder if this game will have any "exclusive" units, only obtainable via a certain time (and no, I don't just mean seasonal ones either). A lot of other gatcha games, such as Granblue Fantasy, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Dokkan Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, etc. have characters you can only pull during certain time-frames. I wonder if Fire Emblem Heroes will have the same type thing. If so, that might explain why we haven't received Ike yet. Maybe he'll be available in the once-a-month gatcha (on average) where you have a chance to pull him. It could make him extra special/powerful because of it.

Well, I'm saving my orbs regardless, to see what the next banner(s) look like. I'm hoping to get enough so I can pour them all into a single one, and hopefully increase my chances of a 5* on that banner.

Cerium

I was thinking earlier today, I wonder if this game will have any "exclusive" units, only obtainable via a certain time (and no, I don't just mean seasonal ones either). A lot of other gatcha games, such as Granblue Fantasy, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Dokkan Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, etc. have characters you can only pull during certain time-frames. I wonder if Fire Emblem Heroes will have the same type thing.

Haven't you seen Santa Robin and Reindeer Tharja?

Vamphuntr

The main thing preventing me from spending money and being dedicated to the game is the leveling up system. It uses the traditional FE level up where each stat as a % to increase at level up. This is on top of the gacha summon and you can end up with crippled rare characters. My 5*Azura got two successive level up with only an SP increase. My Frederick has like 15 defense at level 20 something. Garbage level up leads to garbage units.

Draxal

I was thinking earlier today, I wonder if this game will have any "exclusive" units, only obtainable via a certain time (and no, I don't just mean seasonal ones either). A lot of other gatcha games, such as Granblue Fantasy, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Dokkan Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, etc. have characters you can only pull during certain time-frames. I wonder if Fire Emblem Heroes will have the same type thing. If so, that might explain why we haven't received Ike yet. Maybe he'll be available in the once-a-month gatcha (on average) where you have a chance to pull him. It could make him extra special/powerful because of it.

Well, I'm saving my orbs regardless, to see what the next banner(s) look like. I'm hoping to get enough so I can pour them all into a single one, and hopefully increase my chances of a 5* on that banner.

We don't have Ike because only five/eight of the fourteen fire emblems are represented in the game so far.

I say 5/8 is that Marths game has been remade twice with a sequel added to the first remake that they split into two different titles when they remade it into a second time. However, they are only referring to the first remake "officially" at this moment.

chrono01

Haven't you seen Santa Robin and Reindeer Tharja?
I did, hence the "non-seasonal only" mention, haha.

I just mean standard characters, available during special gatcha banners held every month or so (usually at the end). Call it Emblem Festival, or something.

We don't have Ike because only five/eight of the fourteen fire emblems are represented in the game so far.

I say 5/8 is that Marths game has been remade twice with a sequel added to the first remake that they split into two different titles. However, they are only referring to the first game "officially" at this moment.
Ah, fair enough!

Still, I wonder how Nintendo will handle upcoming banners. A special, once-a-month banner where characters are available where they usually aren't, wouldn't surprise me. We have Sugofest in Treasure Cruise, Dokkan Fest in Dokkan Battle, and Legend Gatcha in Granblue Fantasy. Seems to be a common thing in (most) gatcha games, but I'm not sure if Nintendo will do the same thing here.

The main thing preventing me from spending money and being dedicated to the game is the leveling up system. It uses the traditional FE level up where each stat as a % to increase at level up. This is on top of the gacha summon and you can end up with crippled rare characters. My 5*Azura got two successive level up with only an SP increase. My Frederick has like 15 defense at level 20 something. Garbage level up leads to garbage units.

Max lvl makes no difference. All units reach max stat at lvl 40. The way there is random.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Ah beaten by the above post.

Yep, stats all even out at max level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom