• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

How long does it take you to grind to level 40? My guys are around the 30 mark and it's already feeling a bit tedious with the limited stamina.

Use your free yellow crystals to just get your Lv1 5 stars up to speed to around Lv15.

Then from there grind out the Training Tower. It took me about 3 days of casual play to get them to Lv40? I spent a lot of my time getting all my 4 stars to Lv20 and getting Anna and Sharon to 4 star Lv20 first. It's just making sure no one dies and everyone participates.

Healers have it easiest to level up.

Take advantage of the 1/2 stamina before they end it.

Achtius

Is there a higher difficulty than advanced in arena? i did all 7 battles in advance but i am rank 50k? got 3523 for my score....

NawtKool

Neo Member
Is there a higher difficulty than advanced in arena? i did all 7 battles in advance but i am rank 50k? got 3523 for my score....

You get more points for having more bonus heroes, and you also get more points if all your units survive. Also I'm ranked 30.7k with 1.7k points, so there must be something not updated yet.

Draxal

Is your main character 40? Did you bring any bonus characters? How many members were alive per battle?

That is what counts, the rank also doesn't automatically adjust until later,.

Dreavus

I've finished every mission except a few on the last chapter (lunatic difficulty). So there's basically no way for me to get orbs anymore except for the very slow 2 a day. Plus the stamina requirements are so high I only can play a map or two every couple of hours. And after a huge number of pulls I have two (low tier) five stars.

Not to complain too much but after being really into this for the past few days I realize there isn't actually anything to do and the stamina system means the game is actively trying to stop you from playing. I wish I had rerolled and got some five star characters I liked.

Ok- complaining done.

Yeah I think the stamina system may need to be tweaked a bit.

We've discussed it earlier in the thread, but other Gachas have a a "sloping" system where you start off with a low stamina maximum (like, 10), but you also have an account level that increases your maximum when your account levels up. So your maximum grows while the stages get more and more stamina intensive. In a system like that, you do have to wait longer for a full recharge, but when you open the game up to play you can usually do a decent amount of stuff before running out.

FE:H, on the other hand, starts you off with 50 (comparatively high for starting out considering missions begin at like 1-3 stamina cost for the first while), but 50 is where it stays. That means when missions start costing more there's nothing to mitigate that.

For your other points I'm hoping for some decent content drops in the future. I think their planned schedule was every two weeks?

Cerium

Use your free yellow crystals to just get your Lv1 5 stars up to speed to around Lv15.

Then from there grind out the Training Tower. It took me about 3 days of casual play to get them to Lv40? I spent a lot of my time getting all my 4 stars to Lv20 and getting Anna and Sharon to 4 star Lv20 first. It's just making sure no one dies and everyone participates.

Healers have it easiest to level up.

Take advantage of the 1/2 stamina before they end it.

I never bothered using the yellow crystals considering how easy it is to level from 1-10.

And I haven't been focused on the Tower grind like I probably should have been but now that I have an acceptable team composition I've been working on it. Looking forward to seeing what Level 40 Arena looks like.

Shun

I never bothered using the yellow crystals considering how easy it is to level from 1-10.

And I haven't been focused on the Tower grind like I probably should have been but now that I have an acceptable team composition I've been working on it. Looking forward to seeing what Level 40 Arena looks like.

You should since past Lv.20, you can't really use it anymore to level up and need the larger crystals to use it. So if you have any characters you want to rank up to 3 then 4 star, I recommend just burning them to get up to speed.

You generally level up pretty fast. It's just that experience starts to scale and slope at around Lv35-Lv40.

That's going to be the period that takes forever to level up, while keeping your units alive at the same time. If they die in battle they get no EXP.

Pejo

Is your main character 40? Did you bring any bonus characters? How many members were alive per battle?

I didn't know most of this stuff, not the guy you're responding to, but thanks for the tips.

I'm up to Chp 6 on Lunatic now, man these stamina costs. Only one more win away from the 10 INT Arena victories too. I'm assuming there's a 3rd tier of February quests, where you have to do 10+ Advanced Arena victories?

Achtius

Rank updates every hour I believe. So it's probably not the right rank.

You get more points for having more bonus heroes, and you also get more points if all your units survive. Also I'm ranked 30.7k with 1.7k points, so there must be something not updated yet.

Make sense, also didn't know surviving members give more points.

thanks!

Draxal

I actually love how shameless this game is. Popular waifu character gets detailed, well-drawn art and a fucking animated intro cutscene when you get them. Character nobody likes looks as if they handed a box of crayons to the intern and said 'you got 5 minutes'.

What no, Virion and Barst is drawn by Sachiko Wada, Kita did Cecilia not really a popular waifu character at all.

Sölf

I didn't know most of this stuff, not the guy you're responding to, but thanks for the tips.

I'm up to Chp 6 on Lunatic now, man these stamina costs. Only one more win away from the 10 INT Arena victories too. I'm assuming there's a 3rd tier of February quests, where you have to do 10+ Advanced Arena victories?

Try 15 wins. And 15 wins on Floor 8 in the training tower. And 15 enemy kills for each of the 4 kill quests.

DigtialT

Got Lyn now, so that's three 5*, 2 SS tiers and 1 S tier. Way better start then last time

Should I be grinding to level 40 before promoting? Does it make a difference if I promote at 20 vs 40?

No, it doesn't matter since your character will reset to level 1.

Pejo

Chrom too - he's still a decently popular lord; and Cordelia's status should be unquestionable. Yet they were both completely fucked by the artist roulette.

Totally agree on both counts. Cordelia looks straight up like she has the flu.

Sölf;229905213 said:
Try 15 wins. And 15 wins on Floor 8 in the training tower. And 15 enemy kills for each of the 4 kill quests.

Well, that's enough feathers and stamina to last the rest of the month, that's for sure. Are the rewards good at least?

Also, GAF, I finally did it. I've just been pulling on Grey Orbs on the 2nd banner, and finally got him. Decided to go for the full 5 pull to see if I could luck out on a Lyn afterwards, but I'm not even mad.

TqpkhSt.png

Achtius

Sölf;229905213 said:

I am having trouble with kill 35+ foes with cavalry... i got 20 days to level one up :O

Goin for takumi > got sakura & serra... already have lv.31 clarine :(

Maybe I will make an all healer team.

I legit had an enemy team in the arena that consisted of Takumi, Sakura, Maria, Clarine

Like...ok...you think Takumi is so OP that he needs to be supported by 3 healers. Was a quick win lol.

Titoin

Are party buff skills broken? Or I don't understand the description. I never see the ATK/DEF bonus be applied to the members on adjacent squares.

lt519

Blue is poison. I have the rest of my colors set so I have been rolling only blue for about 20 stones and have pulled nothing but Sully, Est and Shanna.

Not sure where Subaki is on the tier list, but he's been killing it for me, massively helpful against all the swords and has a high magic res. All my other blue rolls have been shit.

LProtag

I think I've hit the point where there's no consistent way for me to get orbs anymore, until new stuff comes out.

I guess I just... wait.

lt519

I think I've hit the point where there's no consistent way for me to get orbs anymore, until new stuff comes out.

I guess I just... wait.

They've got you right where they want you. Make sure you've collected the 10 from your My Nintendo account.

I'm in the same boat, just collecting the daily/weekly orbs at this point. Going to try and make it through the final Lunatic chapters with Roy and Robin carrying me after doing some tower training and then wait for a new banner.

Malakhov

Banned
Lost my account since I forgot to link and got a 3001 error of some kind. Only played an hour or so on it but I had Lucina and Marth on it, oh well.

Didn't feel like rerolling this time around but at least I got a 5* Roy and a 4* Nino whom is pretty good so far. Not the best roll but whatever.

I linked it as soon as I could lol

dantehemi

I got a 5* Nowi after some rerolls and 2 4* players also..is that a keeper or who should I be trying for? I don't mind to reroll

Alfonse looks like his skills were designed around nothing more than landing the first hit. Depending on his five star attack stat at max level he could do some serious damage on that opening hit.

Cerium

I got a 5* Nowi after some rerolls and 2 4* players also..is that a keeper or who should I be trying for? I don't mind to reroll

5* Nowi is great, especially due to the dominance of red units right now. The ability to counter at range is also fantastic. Great unit all around.

Miff

Just dropping in to say hi, Heroes is the first time I've returned to mobile gaming since the ill-fated global Chain Chronicle. Nice to see some familar faces. Oh Waifu gacha, how I've missed you.

Enjoying it so far, currently rocking a Tiki / Lyn / Clarine combo plus disposable archer. Tiki in particular seems amazing, flame damage and heals to surrounding tiles? Lovely.

I really miss the Chain Chronicle friend feature where you could use a friend's leader character. I hope friend system gets expanded at some point.

I'll add some GAF'ers, feel welcome to do same if if you want - 782 039 8883 / Myri.

Make sure you've collected the 10 from your My Nintendo account.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dreavus

Some are on attack (Spur). Some are on the start of the turn (Hone).

It's annoying that they don't show up but I've definitely seen an attack go from x1 to x2 after moving a spur speed unit up beside my attacker, so at least the combat preview takes it into account.

Can someone clue me in on this Banner thing is?

Just gacha lingo for the "focus" characters. They get switched up every couple of weeks, so if you aren't interested in any of the 8 focus characters right now they'll be changed out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom