• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

I figure that for most people the goal is basically: have a nice collection of high-level 5* heroes I like. "See the story" is probably not a huge motivator, and regardless you can do that in an afternoon. "Beat the hardest missions" is pretty similar to "Be the best there ever was", and that's such a forward-looking goal that it totally makes sense to write off an early streak of bad luck and start fresh. It just does not take much time to level a 5* hero to 25 or even 30 and get back through Normal difficulty.
Progress in itself is rewarding. It just depends on the person whether they want instant gratification or want to see their characters improve little by little. I think people who reroll constantly are losing the plot a bit though. Even if you eventually get a good first pull, you're still going to lag behind the whales. So why not just pour money into it? Oh, so you want to get good characters without spending money. I get that everyone has their favourites; I don't blame them for rerolling. Hoping to get Takumi because he's SS tier though? The game will look very differently after a year. It's puzzling people are fixating on a specific character that much when the game is still in its infant stage. Instant gratification, I get it. I just don't really see the point.

Well it seems like he's better than Jakob at least. I find Jakob pretty poor, even as a 4 Star. I never really cared for Saizo in Fates either... btw, I just realized, where the heck is Kaze in this game? o_O?
Saizo's poison skill in Heroes is really great, and he can inflict a lot debuffs on enemies while reversing debuffs on allies. Plus he's got great artwork.

Achtius

I want to make Lon'qu 5 stars,but I feel like he'll get one shot by everyone in the higher level. This seems to be true for most myrmidon since they can't evade anymore.

Noi

Max lvl makes no difference. All units reach max stat at lvl 40. The way there is random.

Ah beaten by the above post.

Yep, stats all even out at max level.

Nah. Some stats can reach their cap, specially if the growth is high enough, but there's still a pretty noticeable variance even among level 40 characters, or else merging units for those extra stats would be pointless.

My Robin vs Someone else's Robin
My Lyn vs Someone else's Lyn*

*even if my Lyn got a final level up for all her stats, it still wouldn't match the other in speed/def / the other would further lack the HP and Attack that mine has.

Kitoro

Nah. Some stats can reach their cap, but there's still a pretty noticeable variance even among level 40 characters, or else merging units for those extra stats would be pointless.

My Robin vs Someone else's Robin
My Lyn vs Someone else's Lyn*

*even if my Lyn got a final level up for all her stats, it still wouldn't match the other in speed/def / the other would further lack the HP and Attack that mine has.

Right. The chart specifically clarifies that when adding all the stats up, all identical units will add up to the same number, -/+ 1 point, and no stat will end up more than 4 points lower or higher than the norm.

woopWOOP

I have a 3*Saizo, but didn't train him up yet. Looking at those skills now... yeah, those are some great debuffing skills. Reading the description for Smoke Dagger, I guess the debuffs will only affect surrounding foes and not the targeted enemy itself?

To spend orbs on another quintuple pull, or to save them up for when the next character batch hits...

HMMMM

I got my Henry, Hana, Odin and Arthur, so of the characters released so far I only really want Fae still. Probably a better chance to get her now before more characters fill up the game, but even then that chance is like 0,01% so why even bother :[
Guess I'll just have to wait for that "1000 year old dragon girl rate up" event, lol

Muffmuff

Neo Member
after rerolling over 200 times with 5 nox emulators I gave up... only 2 x 5 Stars in one pull and they where crap tier heroes.

Back on my smartphone I did my second 20 orbs pull aaaand got a second takumi lol. I could saved a lot of time if I just played the game normal, deserved.

Which healer would you lvling for my current team (Robin Male/ Hawkeye, 2 x Takumi) - Serra or Clarine? Also got a Felicia but will imo her heal isn't enough?

Westraid

loveorconques1t02ssw.png
loveorconquestgys1d.png
Started rerolling with multiple devices until I got Frederick, and when I finally got him, it was in a bad roll. Another device has 5x 4* characters but I care for none of them.

Now I have to choose between conquest and love.

Gotchaye

I just started up Fates. It sounds like the color triangle in Heroes is not just a simplification of the parallel weapon and magic triangles from the other games, and is instead just the system that Fates uses? Although in the main games it's mostly affected accuracy rather than damage.

I'm not sure I like the idea, in Fates or Heroes, but especially in Heroes where it has a huge impact on (expected) damage. It's just sort of random that my Pegasus Knight is going to be very vulnerable to one particular kind of magic, and interferes with its role as a mage-hunter. And suddenly my mage can actually tank an attack from a high-damage melee class, as long as they're using the right kind of weapon.

And in Heroes they've cranked up the impact of triangle advantage significantly. In the main games it's typically been something like +/- 15 Acc and 1 damage, though in Fates it's apparently 20 and 2 for the highest weapon rank. The damage boost is not that significant at end-game and the accuracy is probably not a huge change in your expected damage. Either it's a ~20% change in expected damage for a high-accuracy character or it's a low absolute change in expected damage from a low-accuracy character. In Heroes the 20% buff applies to Atk before Def is subtracted, so is often a huge multiplier increasing expected damage by ~10.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
So if I'm just grinding to level up my characters, am I supposed to do it through replaying the story missions or the training battles? Training battles right?

I have some 1* characters that I like but the thought of upgrading them to 3* or higher and how much work that'll take..makes me think I'm just better off just trying to roll for better characters.

kiri

Ugh, just started this fucking game and like every other gacha game, there are too many options to get my head around.

OK, so I played the prologue, got some orbs...but only got enough to summon 3 warriors (4*,4*,3*) so...how are people getting 5 on their first try? Do I need to reroll? Am I doing something wrong?

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Started rerolling with multiple devices until I got Frederick, and when I finally got him, it was in a bad roll. Another device has 5x 4* characters but I care for none of them.

Now I have to choose between conquest and love.

Would really start with a 5* only, Fred is a 3* and you will get him sooner or later

Im playing FF:BE as a f2p too and got all base 3* starts multiple times and most of the 4* stars and none 5* base hero so far!

Ugh, just started this fucking game and like every other gacha game, there are too many options to get my head around.

OK, so I played the prologue, got some orbs...but only got enough to summon 3 warriors (4*,4*,3*) so...how are people getting 5 on their first try? Do I need to reroll? Am I doing something wrong?

The owl in the castle got another 2 orbs, you can also do the first 3 missions for another 3 before pulling.

And yea reroll a few times, does not take long if u only pull 4 heroes (with the 2 orbs from the owl) .

Got F!Corrin to 4* with feathers!

Characters worth using that I have:

5* Lucina
5* Camilla
5* Takumi
5* Marth
5* Roy
4* Clarine (?)
4* Tiki (?)
4* M!Robin
4* Cordelia

I really need to level F!Corrin and Cordelia, don't I? Should I bother with the "lesser" Tiki? Should I bother with Marth and Roy at all? (Roy seems pretty lackluster.)

PK Gaming

I just started up Fates. It sounds like the color triangle in Heroes is not just a simplification of the parallel weapon and magic triangles from the other games, and is instead just the system that Fates uses? Although in the main games it's mostly affected accuracy rather than damage.

I'm not sure I like the idea, in Fates or Heroes, but especially in Heroes where it has a huge impact on (expected) damage. It's just sort of random that my Pegasus Knight is going to be very vulnerable to one particular kind of magic, and interferes with its role as a mage-hunter. And suddenly my mage can actually tank an attack from a high-damage melee class, as long as they're using the right kind of weapon.

Sorta. Fates uses a paired weapon triangle system. Swords & Tomes > Axes & Bows > Lances & Hidden Weapons. The only colorless weapon type are Dragon/Beast stones, and they have no bearing on the weapon triangle.

Heroes's implementation is definitely too extreme, but i'm personally a huge fan of the Weapon Triangle system in general. FE10's Hard mode removes it entirely, and apart from breaking Axes and crippling units that relied on dodging (RIP Edward), it generally made matchups less exciting.

Dot-N-Run

And in Heroes they've cranked up the impact of triangle advantage significantly. In the main games it's typically been something like +/- 15 Acc and 1 damage, though in Fates it's apparently 20 and 2 for the highest weapon rank. The damage boost is not that significant at end-game and the accuracy is probably not a huge change in your expected damage. Either it's a ~20% change in expected damage for a high-accuracy character or it's a low absolute change in expected damage from a low-accuracy character. In Heroes the 20% buff applies to Atk before Def is subtracted, so is often a huge multiplier increasing expected damage by ~10.

The Fates system is different than Heroes. All magic in fates is red, bows are green, and shuriken are blue. So it is Sword/Tome>Axe/Bow>Lance/Shuriken>Sword/Tome. In Heroes they kept the idea of having multiple weapon types share the same weakness (the colours), but put their own spin on it with tomes and dragonstones having varied colours.

On a side note, as lances have a colour advantage over tomes in Fates, Pegasus Knights are better against mages than ever. Even more so with the complete lack of wind magic.

Gotchaye

Galeforce only activates once every 5 battle initiations with Lyn, IIRC.

It's 5 ticks. So you can have it ready after two melee combats if someone double-attacked in one. As I read the skill description, it only works if it's ready to go before the combat in which you want it to trigger. I haven't tried it but I've been doubting that it's very useful without a dancer - it's pretty rare that you're going to need your Lyn to get into a 4th combat in a mission. With a dancer, the dream is that she gets attacked and taken below 50%, then she moves forward and kills something with a double attack and readies Galeforce, then a dancer refreshes her and she kills something else with a double attack, then Galeforce triggers and she hits a third thing with a double attack. That sounds more feasible to me.

Dreavus

Anyone know the numbers on armorbreaker and similar skills? And what exactly is going on with knights and their insane defence? Usually the DEF number isn't that high but they are extremely tough to damage.

Edit: usually not skills, weapon properties. Like bows against fliers.

Gotchaye

Anyone know the numbers on armorbreaker and similar skills? And what exactly is going on with knights and their insane defence? Usually the DEF number isn't that high but they are extremely tough to damage.

Edit: usually not skills, weapon properties. Like bows against fliers.

I'm pretty sure the actual "armored" property is strictly a disadvantage (barring auras that only buff armored dudes). It's all stats.

"Effective against" bonuses are +50% to Atk before Def is subtracted.

Cerium

Fire Emblem
Your spirit shall shine
Across the generations
Now and for all time

Fire Emblem
Heroes bringing us hope's light
Journey from distant worlds
To still the coming night

With sacred relics at your side
See your champions fall from on high
In this land where timeless heroes live
And their legends never die

Add me, lads:
Kiznaiver 5715320448

Is there a reason why I can't greet anyone anymore? I liked getting those extra feathers.

Also, how the hell does everyone get orbs once you clear the 9 story chapters? I'm reluctant to spend them on the castle because of that.

How exactly do you get great badges? The game says by completing 6th Stratum and above stages in the training tower, but I'm still only getting regular badges.

Kitoro

How exactly do you get great badges? The game says by completing 6th Stratum and above stages in the training tower, but I'm still only getting regular badges.

The higher the level, the greater the odds of getting them. The Lunatic stages have been a 100% drop rate for me for the great badges. I'm sitting on 42 red ones from today alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom