• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

I see, what are the pre-reqs to merging 2 - 5 star heroes? I have the units but it won't let me merge em.

It won't let you merge "favorited" heroes, which are the ones with the little heart on their portrait. You have to turn that off (I think if you zoom in on the hero you can tap the heart to make it go away). By default the game auto-favorites 4- and 5- star heroes that you pull. You can change this setting in the options.

Venfayth

My 5 stars: Young Tiki x2, Lyn, Robin, Hawkeye
My 4 stars I'm thinking about promoting: Nowi, Chrom, Cordelia, F.Corrin, Fae, Merric

I'm leaning towards Fae because I need a strong green unit and Fae is S tier while Hawkeye is pretty low, usually B tier.

I would like another unit with 2 range, but I don't have many good options. Anyone else have any other thoughts about my situation?

If anyone is curious, I have dropped about $80 on the game

Question -- I've got Tiki (Y), Robin, Leo, and Takumi, and am thinking of swapping Leo out for an axe user so that I have a better balance of phys/mag damage, as well as another 1-range attacker. The best axe users I have are Raven and Gunter, both 4*. Any recommendations? I like Raven, but he's quite fragile and prone to getting doubleshot thanks to Brave Axe so I was thinking Gunter would be a good frontline complement to Tiki, especially with Tiki healing neighboring units on attack. It's not like Gunter's speed is great either, but at least he can take a hit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Its on Serkan totos twitter, we don't need a new thread for this btw.

lol

edit: Here you go

cIgY3QH.png

Shinypogs

My 4 stars I'm thinking about promoting: Nowi, Chrom, Cordelia, F.Corrin, Fae, Merric

I'm leaning towards Fae because I need a strong green unit and Fae is S tier while Hawkeye is pretty low, usually B tier.

I would like another unit with 2 range, but I don't have many good options. Anyone else have any other thoughts about my situation?

My 5* merric is a demigod. For a mage he tanks hits quite well. He's fairly fast and his wind magic hits hard . Also his special does some nasty aoe damage.

That said idk that he hits as hard as a fae and it may be worth giving up range for sheer power. Also depends on synergy of the team and their skills.

kswiston

Not sure what this means..Does it mean pulling characters, and then deleting them for feathers? How do you get a free pull?

They are giving away gatcha characters in those special maps. However, you have to get them to level 20, and spend 200 feathers/10 badges to get them to their regular base 3 rarity.

So if you really wanted a healer or a dancer (later this week), you get a free one. You just have to put work in before they are useable.

Draxal

Times article says that heroes made five million not sure about the timeline.

Can't post link on mobile ATM but the link is on Feh Reddit.

Moonlight

Banned

Definitely stick with Fae. Merric is decent but doesn't bring nearly as much utility.

Shun

Definitely stick with Fae. Merric is decent but doesn't bring nearly as much utility.

Disagree, do Anna.

Fa isn't nearly bulky enough to make a huge difference against Reds, and works to cripple down the occasional blue Elfie or Kamui/Nono.

Anna is a much better option because she provides things that no other green 5 star can provide.

She has an ougi that multiplies your damage by 2.5x after 5 actions, she has Vantage which lets her attack first on enemy phase at below 75% HP, she has high resistance to tank out blue mages and dragons, and she also gets a skill that allows her to warp to any ally on the screen at 40% HP.

Between warp and vantage alone, she's already useful and she can take magic hits while being fast enough and strong enough to double back, something that not many green units can really do.

Anna is the single best green unit other than Hector you can get and you can't roll for her. She is basically 5 star Minerva with better utility and no flying weakness.

corin7

Neo Member
First 5 pull I get a 5 star Lucina. Second a 5 star Marth. I mean I can't really complain in general I got some good stuff to start with but a little color diversity wouldn't have been terrible.

PK Gaming

I'm at 5% for 5* chance (160 orbs spent) and no 5*.

This whomps, lol. I might as well just go and play a real Fire Emblem game at this point.

Shifty1897

Do you think they chose the gacha format for this game because they knew Fire Emblem players are already accustomed to being screwed over by an RNG?

Cerium

Do you think they chose the gacha format for this game because they knew Fire Emblem players are already accustomed to being screwed over by an RNG?

I love having to reset my game because the enemy hit me with an 8% crit!

Honestly there's no series I hate and love at the same time as much as Fire Emblem.

Anastasis

They are giving away gatcha characters in those special maps. However, you have to get them to level 20, and spend 200 feathers/10 badges to get them to their regular base 3 rarity.

So if you really wanted a healer or a dancer (later this week), you get a free one. You just have to put work in before they are useable.

Is there any reason to get both special characters on a given day or just the higher level one?

Thanks!

BigPete

The only 5* characters I've gotten so far are Lucina and Maria. I did get a few good 4* characters though: Sully, Marth, and Gordin are quite good. My best Green character is a 3* Barst though.

Turns out I'm not very good at this game, but I am enjoying it all the same. I haven't been able to use the "greet" button in the friends list for some reason... it's been grayed out since the first time I used it last week.

Is there a chart somewhere of character rankings? I might try to upgrade Barst to Level 4 if I don't get anything good on my next summon. (I'm about 500 feathers short though)

Quonny

What's the easier way to farm Great Badges? If I understand this right, I can get 1 every week? Plus some random ones...

Farm the Sixth Stratum and above in the Training Tower.

I have 20+ of every color except green already, it's quite easy.

PK Gaming

At least it's 100% possible to do well with bad level ups in Fire Emblem. Until I start gaining 5* firepower, i'm shit out of luck for some of the later Lunatic maps. Getting a good Arena score is straight up off the table too.

lFOgQAJ.png

Venfayth

What's the easier way to farm Great Badges? If I understand this right, I can get 1 every week? Plus some random ones...

Naw you can get dozens per day. You do the higher level (I'd say around 25+?) training tower missions on the appropriate day and you can 1-3+ per mission.

Cerium

At least it's 100% possible to do well with bad level ups in Fire Emblem. Until I start gaining 5* firepower, i'm shit out of luck for some of the later Lunatic maps. Getting a good Arena score is straight up off the table too.

lFOgQAJ.png

I thought you had Hector.

Zafir

I love having to reset my game because the enemy hit me with an 8% crit!

Honestly there's no series I hate and love at the same time as much as Fire Emblem.

RNG is why I have such a love/hate relationship with strategy games. I really enjoy strategy. But every single time I get a miss with 90% odd chance to hit, a part of me wants to destroy the cartridge!

Been re-rolling since launch and havent gotten a decent roll yet :/

I've seen (4) 5*'s in all that time and they've been B tier and below.

What i wouldnt give for a decent 5* and a few solid 4*s.

Edit: Yet another roll with 5 fucking 3* failures. There REALLY should be some sort of guaranteed 4*s at the minimum for your first summon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom