• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtM

Banned
Hot damn, the rewards for creating/linking your Nintendo account and then reaping the rewards... 1000 points to complete the game on normal which you can redeem for stamina potions, shards and crests for 100 points each? Yes please. Got me 3 extra stamina potions, they'll certainly come in handy.
What's weird is how crystals cost only just as many points as shards.

Quonny

it's f2p whale hunting, it's preying on the weak minded with legal gambling.
1 star is deserved.

Truly the hero we all need.

I especially like that you spent a good amount of time rerolling, then played the game, then realized that it's a gacha game despite knowing what a reroll is and actually doing it, then went wow how manipulative 1* rating take that.

But I'm giving you the attention you crave. Dammit.

Sölf

1ZXrmkW.png

Juicy 251 defense points. Now I only need to actually win arena matches to get a higher score than 1820. >_>

Dreavus

No joke, this game got me to bust out my copy of Awakening of which I am only on like chapter 8. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Nintendo's master plan is coming to fruition.

Also I realized that they actually quite cleverly played with the movement to make the FE:H maps feel bigger. I forgot that In the handheld games cavalry move like 10 spaces, infantry 5-6, knights 3-4, whereas that's all pared down for the mobile game to 3, 2, 1 respectively.

Moonlight

Banned
Chrom is basically a defensive Lucina. I think he is terribly underrated.
I don't think he's bad. I just don't think he's 20k feathers good, especially when you have a ridiculously strong red like Tiki already. He'd be a lot better if he were faster. So like, if he were Lucina.

Quixzlizx

I don't think he's bad. I just don't think he's 20k feathers good, especially when you have a ridiculously strong red like Tiki already. He'd be a lot better if he were faster. So like, if he were Lucina.

So you think I should spend my first 22k feathers to get Corrin up to 5* then? Her buffs/debuffs are very useful, so I'm hoping the stat boost from being ranked up twice makes a big difference, because she goes down too quickly to be the bait tank in arena at the moment.

Whizkid7

Latest 5 roll netted me 5* Raven and 4* Robin. It's no Hector, but Raven's pretty beastly. Sorry Fred, guess you're taking a backseat unless I need your hammer.

Dragner

He is not terribly slow just not 'speed is my thing' like Lucina. Chrom can tank quite a bit of damage Lucina has poor defensive stats and dies just looking at her. Statwise Chrom plays better with aether than Lucina since he can live to see it being cast.

Also for Arena Defense is a better group buff than speed for the current Meta.

I dont know what red sword deserves 20k feathers over him.

Moonlight

Banned
So you think I should spend my first 22k feathers to get Corrin up to 5* then? Her buffs/debuffs are very useful, so I'm hoping the stat boost from being ranked up twice makes a big difference, because she goes down too quickly to be the bait tank in arena at the moment.
F!Corrin doesn't get an insane jump from the bump to 5* but you can't roll her like that base, and the + to weapon Might and general stat boost should do her some good. Plus, it's always nice to have a blue on hand because the meta tends to skew toward reds since they have a lot more good units at the moment. Even better that she targets resistance, since that tends to be the weaker defensive stat, especially against the most threatening reds. And as you mentioned, she brings pretty strong utility to a team, so if there's any reason to justify keeping her around, I'd say at least that.

I'd say the down-side here is that two dragons obviously don't stack up great against Falchion users with their effective damage bonus against dragons, but you also have Takumi, so... maybe it'll be fine?

EDIT:

I dont know what red sword deserves 20k feathers over him.
Keyword. Reds are the most statistically likely 5* you'll pull and if you already have a red 5* in general you're even more hard-pressed to justify having him around. If you pull someone like Fae, you'd probably wish you still had the 20k feathers.

Question about two Red 4 star players.

I have Olivia, who has the Dance ability (Which gives extra turns). Love that she can give extra turns..but she never kills anything..so she doesn't level up.

I also have Ceada, now on the tier list she is lower than Olivia, However, her big buff is for other flying units.

I have 5 star Hinoka, who is a flying unit.

My question, shjould I be playing Olivia with the amazing Dance ability (but not leveling) or should I play Caeda, who can buff flying units (which would be Hinoka) and would be able to level her self.

My team is Takuma, Hinoka, Mino and either Ceada or Olivia (I have Frederick as well)

suzu

Trying to get colorless and blue heroes, but keep getting full pages of reds and greens. I did single pulls for the last three times I tried to roll. Zzz.

Dragner

Keyword. Reds are the most statistically likely 5* you'll pull and if you already have a red 5* in general you're even more hard-pressed to justify having him around.

I agree with that. I only make a point for Chrom(or any hero) if you are lacking someone on his role. I would still upgrade a red sword at some point if I have someone like Tiki as my red since she is a magical melee and has a different skillset and role.

vctor182

Well, I'm not as lucky as some of you are but I'm not complaining, my 4* units are pretty solid, this is my main team so far:
Yesterday I pulled a FCorrin and it's currently lvl 15, I might switch Serra with her when she catches up but i'm not too sure about having 2 blue units in the team...if anyone can give me some pointers or recommendation it will be very helpful.

P.S. Hana is an awesome glass cannon, she's lvl 15 too and already has 34 Atk.
P.S.S. I really green units.

Moonlight

Banned
I agree with that. I only make a point for Chrom(or any hero) if you are lacking someone on his role. I would still upgrade a red sword at some point if I have someone like Tiki as my red since she is a magical melee and has a different skillset and role.
Tiki is so good that it'd have to take an incredibly good sword user (or just a character I really like, lol) for me to consider trading up on her. Magic damage is her best trait, and 1-range isn't a big deal when you have a 2-range counter and loads of defensive stats.

PK Gaming

Getting Great Badges is a pain

I need 20 of them to promote Corrin, but I can only get them on Lunatic tower runs (which isn't even a guarantee) and the tower runs are expensive

Naga, give me strength :(

Dragner

Tiki is so good that it'd have to take an incredibly good sword user (or just a character I really like, lol) to consider trading up on her. Magic damage is her best trait, and 1-range isn't a big deal when you have a 2-range counter and loads of defensive stats.

Ofc, i just say for having options. If the arena meta stops having Hectors (great for Tiki) and starts having a lot of lords with dragonslayer swords you will love to have the option to switch.

Fear the Ike Meta.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Leveling up Saizo and this dude is a beast. I only have him at 3*, but I'm starting to think promoting him to 4 and my healer to 4 is going to better than taking anyone to 5. That poison does such work and turning the debuffs into buffs is awesome.

Quixzlizx

Tiki is so good that it'd have to take an incredibly good sword user (or just a character I really like, lol) for me to consider trading up on her. Magic damage is her best trait, and 1-range isn't a big deal when you have a 2-range counter and loads of defensive stats.

Only adult Tiki has a ranged counter.

And I would never replace Young Tiki with Chrom, just use both of them.

Alucrid

Banned
Getting Great Badges is a pain

I need 20 of them to promote Corrin, but I can only get them on Lunatic tower runs (which isn't even a guarantee) and the tower runs are expensive

Naga, give me strength :(

i just realized how insane stamina costs are at the tower if they're halved now. it's not like you can even raise your max amount of stamina either

Moonlight

Banned
Ofc, i just say for having options. If the arena meta stops having Hectors (great for Tiki) and starts having a lot of lords with dragonslayer swords you will love to have the option to switch.

Fear the Ike Meta.
For sure, options are good to have, but 4*s tend to be good enough to leave them as options until you absolutely need to 5* them for a particular situation.

Only adult Tiki has a ranged counter.

And I would never replace Young Tiki with Chrom, just use both of them.
Ah, mis-remembered, apologies. But I don't really see the appeal in running more than one red at a time in a team until the scales on 5* rates balance out some and you don't have to expect a lot of red-heavy teams.

muu

i just realized how insane stamina costs are at the tower if they're halved now. it's not like you can even raise your max amount of stamina either

If they're like any other gacha game they'll probably be rotating between half priced towers, events, and half priced story quests. If you're relatively happy w/ your current roster it may even be worth leaving lunatic story quests unfinished.

Shinypogs

Arena updated and for the briefest of moments I am at rank 85k. It won't last but it's pleasing to have had it for a fleeting moment.

I hope a playable Narcian has better weapon options than the emerald axe the Npc one uses.

I hope the monster classes in fe8 show up as enemies as some point. Except the spiders, fuck all giant spiders.

mjc

Couple questions:

Should I consider putting orbs into my castle instead of pulls at this point?

Should I bother leveling up the special characters like Lissa or the others they've put out?

Quixzlizx

Arena updated and for the briefest of moments I am at rank 85k. It won't last but it's pleasing to have had it for a fleeting moment.

I hope a playable Narcian has better weapon options than the emerald axe the Npc one uses.

I hope the monster classes in fe8 show up as enemies as some point. Except the spiders, fuck all giant spiders.

What score got you that rank?

kswiston

Couple questions:

Should I consider putting orbs into my castle instead of pulls at this point?

Should I bother leveling up the special characters like Lissa or the others they've put out?

All the characters they put out are available as either 3 or 4 star gatcha pulls. So you basically get a free pull if you are willing to throw in 200 feathers and some badges that take a few minutes to farm.

Extra xp is very worth it to get from 20-40, but make sure you have a decent team first.

mjc

All the characters they put out are available as either 3 or 4 star gatcha pulls. So you basically get a free pull if you are willing to throw in 200 feathers and some badges that take a few minutes to farm.

Extra xp is very worth it to get from 20-40, but make sure you have a decent team first.

Yeah I have a team primarily made of 5*. Corrin, Kagero, Fae, and Roy.

Not sure what this means..Does it mean pulling characters, and then deleting them for feathers? How do you get a free pull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom