• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhit28

I'm enjoying this a lot but have no 5 star characters and three 4 stars characters. I linked my account before realizing what that meant. Is there any meat to re-roll at this point?

You can unlink the account in game but it also deletes the save. Maybe reroll on another device or emulator with an unlinked save until you find something you want to commit to. Then just unlink your Nintendo account in game, link it to the new save, and link it again on the device you want to keep playing on.

Ferny

Also, is there any benefit from leveling my units to 40 (thats the max level, right?) before promoting them up a star? Or is it just best to so it as soon as you can?

As soon as you hit 20 since they go back to level 1 on their new star.

I'm enjoying this a lot but have no 5 star characters and three 4 stars characters. I linked my account before realizing what that meant. Is there any meat to re-roll at this point?

Maybe. 5* characters are fun beasts to have
FYI I think you can delete your linked save/account, reroll to something you like, and then link your account if that suits you

You can unlink the account in game but it also deletes the save. Maybe reroll on another device or emulator with an unlinked save until you find something you want to commit to. Then just unlink your Nintendo account in game, link it to the new save, and link it again on the device you want to keep playing on.

Ah cool. I have an android device as well.

ty_hot

Alright, So I did a pull to get a better flying unit so I could knock out the "KO lvl. 20+ enemies w/ a flying unit" February Hard quest.

and now I see there's a similar Lunatic lvl35+ enemy quest w/ a mounted unit.

I would like to avoid pulling again for a single quest.
Do flying units count as mounted or is it only horseback?
Who should I be leveling to knock this one out? (guessing my LV.10 3* Frederick?)
It's 8th of February. You will get that quest without even noticing. There is one level in the story that you play against 3 mounted sisters, you could play that a few times in case you are in a hurry.

Pejo

Jesus. Cordelia....

It took a bit to get her leveled up, and archers are bad news for her. But my god she absolutely melts things. My hardest hitter by a large margin, considering Astra, and that she 4x attacks against mages/heavy units.

It's a shame that an average generic archer can 1 shot her still though. Glass cannon.

Bovine

Neo Member
On my 35th orb of the game, I finally rolled a 5*, Camilla. Hooray!

I guess she can replace Bartre, my 4* combo of Tharja and FCorrin (with Bartre and Felicia) have torn up the main story so far, easily handling 9-5 Hard. Too bad I have trouble with those damn Takumi teams in the arena. If you're wondering why I didn't reroll it is because Tharja.

lyrick

It's 8th of February. You will get that quest without even noticing. There is one level in the story that you play against 3 mounted sisters, you could play that a few times in case you are in a hurry.

The Mission reads:
KO Lvl 35+ Foes w/ Calvary
- Defeat enemies that are level 35 or higher with cavalry-type allies

I'm asking for advice on which cavalry unit to level, so they can tackle level 35+ enemies.
I'm thinking Frederick is my best option, as my other options are 1&2* Gunter (which I could easily level the 1* -> 2* then merge and level the 2+* -> 3*relatively cheap) ... or I could always summon again.

1upsuper

it's f2p whale hunting, it's preying on the weak minded with legal gambling.
1 star is deserved.

Have you played a proper Fire Emblem title before? It sounds like you haven't but I'm not sure. If you haven't, I'd recommend giving them a try. Heroes is fun in bursts, IMO, but it's really nothing like a real FE.

l 'd spend all the orbs l have until l drew at least some more 4 stars to cover the different types and colours and perhaps a couple of 5s. If you get unlucky then try rerolling.

Not to say that you can't play with lower rated units but you 'll be saving a LOT of grinding time in the future.This game has little leeway in terms of advancing with skill, it's pure numbers.

In my case l rerolled until l got Lyn and a couple of ok 4s. I thought l was set but things get somewhat brutal later on. I even contemplated quitting but got lucky after 40 orbs.

QQIdCQw.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Jesus. Cordelia....

It took a bit to get her leveled up, and archers are bad news for her. But my god she absolutely melts things. My hardest hitter by a large margin, considering Astra, and that she 4x attacks against mages/heavy units.

It's a shame that an average generic archer can 1 shot her still though. Glass cannon.
I feel like a lot of the flying units are like that. Camilla does exactly what you just described too.

I also have a 5* Hinako but she has the same problem with squishiness. Actually, pretty much all my rare units are glass cannons. It sucks.

lyrick

Bamboo 竹;229968881 said:
Anyone knows if upgrading a troop with remaining unused SP erases that SP as it happens with its level/stats?

When I leveled my 1* Virion to 2* it kept its SP.

Also, is there any benefit from leveling my units to 40 (thats the max level, right?) before promoting them up a star? Or is it just best to so it as soon as you can?

Well being able to use them in higher difficulties if you don't have full team of 5* is the only one.

I still use 4* Camilla since I don't have anything better as Green and she is bonus point character in Arena.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think we are going to need a separate thread where people can just post every unit that they pull from the gacha.

Hmm I put Fae and Nowi in my party because they are both considered S Tier but they just don't feel very good to me. They also are under leveled atm so maybe they'll feel better when I raise them up

Dragner

Feheroes is up to top four grossing on US play store. Kinda impressive.

I hope Nintendo wont become greedy and since the game is a success and throws bones to f2p players. Im fearing that after game launch bonus we will be stuck at 1 orb or less a day knowing Nintendo pass greediness.

ViviOggi

Got red, blue and Takumi slots covered with 5*s but my best green is 4* Camilla. Think I'll roll Deep Devotion green only from now on, snatch a 5* Camilla or hopefully Hector.

Sölf

Beat 8-3 lunatic on my second try now. I am not sure I want to go further, I saw chapter 9 enemy stats. Not nice.

Well, I have to train a few infantry units anyway for the 6-5 quest. I will definitly use Tiki and Lyn, as they are already level 40/38, but all others are low. I may just train Sharena and Raven, once the former hits 4*, Raven is already level 20.

Got red, blue and Takumi slots covered with 5*s but my best green is 4* Camilla. Think I'll roll Deep Devotion green only from now on, snatch a 5* Camilla or hopefully Hector.

Camilla 4* is really not bad. Be prepared to roll 40 and not get what you want. If you are okay with it go for it. On my last account I rolled 60 for a decent blue rolling only blue and got nothing but 3 and bad 4*. I was aiming for 5 different blues and got none of them.

ViviOggi

Camilla 4* is really not bad. Be prepared to roll 40 and not get what you want. If you are okay with it go for it. On my last account I rolled 60 for a decent blue rolling only blue and got nothing but 3 and bad 4*. I was aiming for 5 different blues and got none of them.
It's definitely worth considering to start banking orbs instead but I'm not sure I can resist the gacha temptation just yet

guek

Banned
It's sooooooo tempting to spend more money on this. They got $20 from me already...must stay strong...must resist!

ty_hot

The Mission reads:

I'm asking for advice on which cavalry unit to level, so they can tackle level 35+ enemies.
I'm thinking Frederick is my best option, as my other options are 1&2* Gunter (which I could easily level the 1* -> 2* then merge and level the 2+* -> 3*relatively cheap) ... or I could always summon again.
Oh, I misread, thought it was to kill cavalry enemies. and the "3 sisters fly" level wouldn't count either as they are flying units... And level 31 on lunatic, so not 35 either.

So it seems I gave a complete useless, erroneous and misleading answer lol

So, trying to help, my best cavalry is Peri, low defense but good for everything else.

Cain is strong, slow but has higher defense. I use him with Peri together and they work fine.

Then, Cecilia green and have advantage against colorless as well. But she is very weak (low defense and resistance), so you need a healer for her probably...

It's definitely worth considering to start banking orbs instead but I'm not sure I can resist the gacha temptation just yet

Yeah I'm there with you. Have Hector, Ryoma, Young Tiki and a 4* Cordelia but that takumi thirst is getting to me. May do 20 more stones for a try then call it. I'm still on Normal so I have plenty of stones left.

ggx2ac

I need to know if there's any visual/audio queues when rolling a 5*.

I know when you roll 3* all that happens is lights appear only around the circle of the summoning stone.

When 4* occurs, the summoning stone blows out air and then the whole floor lights up.

I don't know if 5* is the same as 4* or if there's something more a 5* summon will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom