• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracula_x

I keep trying to link my Nintendo account but it keeps sending me to a null page. Any idea what can I do to get it working?

same issue.

w4BU5LV.png

any ideas?

I feel like I'm playing this game the wrong way. I'm getting destroyed in everything. Currently on the final battle in the World of Birthright.

Also I keep getting freaking Donnel!!! Plus no green summoning circle appears ever. I want Camilla!

Any tips?

Anastasis

To those of us new to gatcha games and are committed to not spending much if anything, are there some tips you veterans could share? From what I gather, I should be:

Daily
1) Logging in daily for rewards
2) Not allowing stamina to max for long (but we have to sleep, right?)
3) Doing three arena runs

Overall should I be saving resources? If so, when should I be spending them?

I've done two pulls and fully upgraded my castle for the long haul, but as Orbs will be pretty limited going forward I want to make sure I don't just spend them on pulls every time I have 20 if there is a better way to spend them.

Thanks!

MANUELF

Banned
I finished the game and only died once on the last battle, Veronica hits so hard

Now I only need a hard mission to beat them all, the flier one ;_;

Sakura

To those of us new to gatcha games and are committed to not spending much if anything, are there some tips you veterans could share? From what I gather, I should be:

Daily

I've done two pulls and fully upgraded my castle for the long haul, but as Orbs will be pretty limited going forward I want to make sure I don't just spend them on pulls every time I have 20 if there is a better way to spend them.

Thanks!

Save orbs until you have 20, then gacha.
Don't do any gacha if you don't have 20, otherwise you are wasting orbs.
No need to worry about stamina really. After you finish the story missions the only real thing to use it on is the training missions for resources. If there are events going on that require stamina then yea you don't want to just let it sit maxed, but outside events it's not really worth worrying about.

redcrayon

Daily

Thanks!
If you've poured your orbs into upgrading the castle and don't have a team you're happy with, save up 20 and summon. If you have a team that's working for you right now, I'd save them for the next promotion in case there's characters that seem more appealing.

Log in daily (at the moment) for free orbs and a rotating 2* character map. Otherwise there seems to be a regular weekend orb given away. The promotions are listed on the notice board on the home screen, so it's worth looking there first if you haven't played for a week or two.

If you only have a few minutes each day, play the three arena battles- the feathers gained each season are necessary for promoting the horde of characters you'll end up with (that's why you have space for 200) and there are harder to get hold of than badges, crystals and raw XP.

Sölf

I finished the game and only died once on the last battle, Veronica hits so hard

Don't you have Subaki? He was available in the daily mission 2 or 3 days ago. It's only a 2* unit, but it should be enough for level 20 enemies.

redcrayon

Well, you finished the initial missions, the first 9 chapters are barely more than the campaign intro really. Yeah, she does hit like a ton of bricks!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Daily

Thanks!

Def. try to save up some orbs - the game just launched and they will introduce more powerful units down the line like Ike for example...or Special versions of fan favorites like Summer/Holidays Tharja etc. So try to always have a safe stock orbs so that you are ready to pull if a banner with must haves is released. Cant really have enough saved up if you dont wanna spend money on the game.

In general you wanna push all f2p options like farmable units before you spend your orbs - this assuming you already started with some solid units that allow you to clear most of the basic content.

If you started with the shittiest rolls.....not pulling can be hard, since you cant clear most recent content. So start out strong and ride on that wave as long as possible lol.
Tips for team composition?

Try to cover all colors or at least 2, and different weapon types for the the different setups. YOu might also need to fit a healer into your team depending on the difficulty of the quest - otherwise make sure that there is some synergy between the skills you teach your units.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay so I spent a few orbs to play around with the Arena w/r/t using low level units. I used two variations - only 2 strong units, and 2 strong units with 2 level 1 units.

The results were roughly the same when it comes to opponents - the game usually matches you up base don total levels - if I use two level 40 units, it might give me 2 level 40 units to fight, or it might give me a level 40 unit, a level 35 unit, and 2 low level units. I got more points for having a full team 4, so I would recommend that approach. Not sure if it's because I tended to fight a full team more often than a opponent team of 2, though.

HOWEVER, for some reason, sometimes it matches me up against a full level 40 team. That was not fun, especially because it once happened when I was going for my 7th win in a row. My poor little level 1 units cowered in the corner in fear. Then Hector used his laser eyes to kill all 4.

Think I will just keep this
I spent like 8 hours rerolling on shadowverse, and i dont want to do that again xD
thank you for the comments ^__^

stoff

Tips for team composition?

Try to cover all colours
Have a way to heal your Units (Healer or Skills)
Have a high Defense Unit and a high Resistance Unit
Your offensive Units need high range or high movement (or both)
If you have a broken Unit (e.g. Takumi) also have a Dancer to break things even more

Dude Guy

I have a team of 5* Lucina, 5* Jakob, 5* Sakura and 5* Hawkeye. I need a good blue unit and I have both 4* Corrin and 4* Robin, which one do you guys think I should increase to 5* first?

evangd007

Thanks!

If you've maxed out your castle, then orbs are there for pulling. There are a few reasons to not pull right away:
- if you are generally happy with your team
- if you already have most of the units you want that are on the banner

Evaluate the 5* focus. If you don't want/need the characters there, then save your orbs for a future banner.

A note on gem colors: While you should always initiate a pull when you have 20 orbs so you can take all 5 gems if you want to, many people will skip orbs in a color that they don't need. After all, if you really need a green unit and already have 4 5* reds, and the board you get is 1 green/4 red, the red pulls would be a waste of orbs anyhow. In addition, you might cash in your streakbreak on a red unit you don't need.

Pejo

Will my increased 5* / 5* Focus rate reset once we reach the next banner? Because if that's the case...

If you look at the details of each banner, the increased rates only apply to that specific banner. So yea, they probably will reset. You can actually see your % chances increase in the game on the banner the longer you don't pull a 5*

Kouriozan

You know what? I'm really thankful this is one unique server, so you don't see a Japanese version getting tons of gift and the global one getting shafted like in Brave Exvius for example.
Playing this really opened my eyes about that game (in addition to the 0,5% featured 5* drop rates)

i rerolled five times until i got a figure i actually know with 5 stars (Marth i think) then started to play, realized i don't like Fire Emblem and deleted the app.

gave it 1 star on the app store.

PK Gaming

If you look at the details of each banner, the increased rates only apply to that specific banner. So yea, they probably will reset. You can actually see your % chances increase in the game on the banner the longer you don't pull a 5*

QzRX14K.png

So if I don't pull something good soon, i'm shit out of luck

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i rerolled five times until i got a figure i actually know with 5 stars (Marth i think) then started to play, realized i don't like Fire Emblem and deleted the app.

Cool story.

Anyway, I wonder if we are going to get events with multiple maps. Like, go through 4 battles in a row, using up to 8 units. So many possibilities... I hope they don't just keep it 4v4 on these small maps.

Quonny

Yeah, I personally like to waste an hour of my time on a product I know I don't like then give it a bad rating. It's a fun Saturday afternoon.

Pejo

Son of a bitch. My phone went to sleep because I was getting some breakfast, and I came back and it restarted the app, handing me a L in the Arena and breaking my 5 round streak. I was up 3 to 1 units with full health when I walked away.

Horse shit. They really need to re-examine giving us only 3 matches per day.

Moonlight

Banned
Anyway, I wonder if we are going to get events with multiple maps. Like, go through 4 battles in a row, using up to 8 units. So many possibilities... I hope they don't just keep it 4v4 on these small maps.
I'm hoping for actual mission objectives. The maps are small, but I don't think so small as to make a straightforward defend mission or something not work.

backlot

I have 5 star Lucina, Camilla and Kagero and I'm not sure what unit to upgrade to 5 stars to round out the team. I have a 4 star Cordellia I was planning to upgrade but I'm afraid my team will have trouble with armored units. Would Nowi or Robin be better?

Sölf

Cool story.

I also hope for stuff like this or that they introduce reinforcements. I could see real objectives when a few more mechanics are introduced. They could introduce chests you can open once which give you an orb or something.

Quixzlizx

I have a dilemma. I just pulled 4* Chrom, who seems like he'll be pretty good once he's promoted to 5*.

But my current team is:
5* Young Tiki, 5* Takumi, 3* F-Corrin, 4* Saizo.

I could replace Saizo with Chrom, but then my team will be red/melee heavy.
I could replace Corrin with Chrom, but then my team will be very-red heavy, and Corrin has a lot of utility.

If I keep both Corrin and Chrom in the team, then I'll need 40k feathers to get them both up to 5*.

Moonlight

Banned
Chrom isn't really worth investing 20k feathers in if you don't just really want a 5* Chrom. Plus you might pull him later and feel pretty bad.

Young Tiki should be all you really need for red.

EDIT: Actually, use your feathers to bump Corrin to 4*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom