• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know if there's any visual/audio queues when rolling a 5*.

I know when you roll 3* all that happens is lights appear only around the circle of the summoning stone.

When 4* occurs, the summoning stone blows out air and then the whole floor lights up.

I don't know if 5* is the same as 4* or if there's something more a 5* summon will do.
Every time I got a 5 Star, the game would glitch for a split second, like its trying load the special animation.

Started playing this today pulled a 5 star Robin and 5 star Nowi. I keep reading about how hard it is to pull 5 stars so I feel lucky. Time to just sit back and watch everyone on GAF collect everything while I spend my time slowly going through the missions.

It's so easy to burn through the stamina and with no way to increase it, the games flow seems weird to me. And it also seems we're getting half cost stamina at the moment? It's going to be really weird when that gets cut off.

Kouriozan

100 orbs now, hoarding intensifies.

ARSIBjwl.jpg

Not ready to be disappointed with what I'll get from it just yet x)

Zyrox

In my second to last pull I got all 4 stars (though I got Cecilia twice). That was nice...and now in my last pull I got all 3 stars 😭😭😭 Guess that second to last pull used up all my luck...still don't have a single 5 star.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's so easy to burn through the stamina and with no way to increase it, the games flow seems weird to me. And it also seems we're getting half cost stamina at the moment? It's going to be really weird when that gets cut off.

I know everyone is complaining about the stamina issue, but there are many other games that have limited stamina at launch because of the lack of content. There are very few things to actually do in the game atm.

I know everyone is complaining about the stamina issue, but there are many other games that have limited stamina at launch because of the lack of content. There are very few things to actually do in the game atm.

Totally agree it's easy to burn through content right now. For me though I'm trying to level a few units to 40 and it's incredibly slow going. I don't want to even think about what's that's going to be like when stamina costs are doubled.

kswiston

Spend yellow crystals, get them up to like 15 or so for about 2000. There's an option for this under Allies.

I did this for one of my units, but now I regret it. You lose out on a ton of SP using crystals, and the low star units have way more skills to unlock. Given the half price training tower, 1 to 20 takes less than an hour, and give that the fourth floor is only 4 stamina currently, you can get there without worrying about running out of stamina.

You can get through the first 10 levels in like 3-5 fights (at 1-2 stamina a fight)

So for real question. I have a 4* Fae and a 4* Nowi who are both considered S Tier. I also have a 5* Roy and while his * is higher he is only considered a B Tier character. Should he be replaced with the S Tier characters even though they are lower ranked? I'm thinking probably yes right?

Firemind

So for real question. I have a 4* Fae and a 4* Nowi who are both considered S Tier. I also have a 5* Roy and while his * is higher he is only considered a B Tier character. Should he be replaced with the S Tier characters even though they are lower ranked? I'm thinking probably yes right?
Try to have each of the weapon triangle (red, green, blue) to not get hard countered easily.

Roy is red. Fae is green. Nowi is blue.

That said, mamkutes own, so why not use all three?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Totally agree it's easy to burn through content right now. For me though I'm trying to level a few units to 40 and it's incredibly slow going. I don't want to even think about what's that's going to be like when stamina costs are doubled.

The game is a week old! There is nothing to gain by rushing to 40. Have to take the long term view when playing gacha :) What I want most of all is more arena attempts per day.

kswiston

Before I start feathering my duplicate 3* characters, do the +1 bonuses get reset when you upgrade a unit from 3* to 4* (or 4* to 5*)?

4* characters have a pretty significant stat penalty. Replace Roy if the skill or weapon triangle synergy is better for your team, but don't do it simply because of tiers. Those tiers are for the 5* versions.

Who are your other 3 characters?

Not sure what the stat differences are but it's the skills that tend to make s tier units what they are. see what they do and which seems more useful for the team you are using.

Roy
Excels at fighting green class units thanks to Triangle Adept. But at the same time suffers against blue class units.
Brings party utility by giving -7 Def to enemies after combat, allowing them to be finished off more easily.
Gets a decent +2 Def/Res bonus when defending.

Fae
Excellent support unit with strong buffs and debuffs. She makes her team significantly more durable. And can use Draw Back to rescue allies in sticky situations.
Grants nearby allies +4 def/res after attacking, while at the same time giving nearby enemies -5 attack.
Has one of the best passive health regeneration skills, at 10 HP recovered every other turn.

Nowi
Has a ranged counterattack -- can retaliate against ranged enemies.
Has high defense, deals magic damage, and lowers the resist of nearby enemies. Which means she fares well against typical armored units (high atk/def).
Can rally the defense of a nearby ally when not attacking.

lt519

I'm ashamed, I used two blessing of lights and an orb to beat the last lunatic chapter. It was bugging the shit out of me, had to get it done, and I'm to impatient to grind my way there now that I'm out of stamina potions.

kswiston

I'm ashamed, I used two blessing of lights and an orb to beat the last lunatic chapter. It was bugging the shit out of me, had to get it done, and I'm to impatient to grind my way there now that I'm out of stamina potions.

There's nothing else to use those blessings of light on at the moment I guess!

5* Lyn, 5* Takumi and 5* Roy has been my main 3 with the 4th slot varying

If you have Lyn, you probably don't need Roy. Having at least two of the color triangle covered is helpful.

The game is a week old! There is nothing to gain by rushing to 40. Have to take the long term view when playing gacha :) What I want most of all is more arena attempts per day.

If the event which starts on 10th is like typical events in gatcha games then having max level will help a lot maximizing score there. And that means rewards.

kswiston

UNLESS YOU GET STUPID 3 STAR ROBIN

I would be pretty happy with my 3* robin if feathers weren't so short in supply. As it is, I will probably save the first batch for F Corrin. Back when I thought it was going to take 6 weeks for one 5* upgrade, I was just going to promote a few 3* units, but with those bonus feathers, I can get to 20k within 2 weeks.

Baliis

UNLESS YOU GET STUPID 3 STAR ROBIN

Hey now. My 3 star Robin is great bait to bring people into Takumis range.

Speaking of which, just clutched out an arena fight that I almost bungled with my Takumi and Camilla against a Tiki, Lyn, and Elise. Final score of 3478 which I'm pretty happy with. Could've broken 3500 but I bailed on the highest one when I saw a Takumi and went with intermediate instead.

Pachimari

Camilla and Hector are top tier characters. GO!

I would keep rerolling while keeping this account as insurance. 2 axes is too much and you will be forced to bench 1 of the 2 at some point.

That's a great start.

Don't worry too much about two axe users- not every battle is perfectly balanced and you will end up with far more decent characters than you can use eventually anyway.

You're unlikely to get a better roll than that, Id go with it and make a team out of that and your next summon session. You might find Hector a bit slow, don't let the meta dictate what characters you use, choose the ones you find fun and you'll enjoy the game more.

I'd stick Hector over Camilla as your arena defence team, but don't put him at the front, it might scare people off! Put a soft target in the first spot so they choose to fight you then gain defence points as Hector appears in front of them :D
I've decided to move on and play the game, instead of doing any more rerolls or else I'll just get tired of the game. Here's to more heroes and a ton of fun!

toneroni

Hey so my guys are around lvl 18ish, around the end of the 6th chapter. Still very new to the game as I only played 2 days really.

Have 5* Lyn / Roy / Camilla and 4* Jeorge archer usually rounds out the team.

Who should I be trying to get in the summon? Was trying to get Tak and probly should go for a blue.

Also my castle is giving me 60% bonus, should I upgrade that first or get more characters first?
Thanks!

Also add me as a friend! 2317272969

Baliis

I'm currently using marth as bait. I want to replace him so bad with a good blue.

My Florina is pretty solid as a mage killer, and she's fast enough to not get doubled, plus she can be in the back lines giving people her HP if I'm up against lots of greens/archers. I kind of wish I has a good infantry though, having two fliers makes me pretty vulnerable to archers, but most arena teams will only run Takumi if they have him so I just have to play carefully.

Rank 8024 with a 3478 in arena right now, not shabby though I'm sure it will drop some

Kitoro

Guys, I have a strange question to ask...

Let's say, I did a 5 pull, got the results, and then time traveled back to the point right before my 5 pull, and pulled again. Would my results be the same?

What if I were about to pull right now at 3:05pm PST, and decided to wait until 3:10pm PST. Would my results be different than what they would have been at 3:05pm PST? What if I waited until the next day to make the pull?

Any thought or input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Let's say, I did a 5 pull, got the results, and them time traveled back to the point right before my 5 pull, and pulled again. Would my results be the same?

What if I were about to pull right now at 3:05pm PST, and decided to wait until 3:10pm PST. Would my results be different than what they would have been at 3:05pm PST? What if I waited until the next day to make the pull?

woah.gif

Let's say, I did a 5 pull, got the results, and then time traveled back to the point right before my 5 pull, and pulled again. Would my results be the same?

Be right back let me crunch the numbers real quick

1FNkvke.gif

Kuga

Quick question - I noticed that the AI can have impossible characters via skills. For example, a Camilla in the 10th Stratum of the training tower had "Renewal 3" (+10HP every other turn) in her "B" skill slot. The 9/10th Stratum matches are basically full of these invalid characters because heroes often comprise most or all of the enemy team and they can have all three A/B/C skills.

Obviously, Renewal 3 isn't a normal Camilla skill. Is there any way to "add" new skills to your characters or are the developers just artificially adding "challenge"? (i.e., go spend more stamina / items)

Sölf

pI7snCc.jpg

Yaari

So my current team is Hector/Lucina/Takumi, but I have no 5* blue yet, and my 4* options are Est/Nowi/Florina. Does anyone have any suggestions for who I should put in there ?

This is actual nuts to me. This game isn't even a week old and it's doing crazy numbers. I had no idea Fire Emblem was so popular.

I'm not a FE fan and have never played a game but I'll give pretty much any Nintendo mobile game a chance. I have a soft spot for Gacha games but most of them are very boring gameplay wise. I am absolutely crazy about this game.

Kitoro

This is actual nuts to me. This game isn't even a week old and it's doing crazy numbers. I had no idea Fire Emblem was so popular.

It's got more to do with the fact that it's being advertised as one of Nintendo's first real smartphone game alongside Super Mario Run.

Is there a guide which special skill to use for each character for example Kagero. Warding blow vs dagger breaker? Dagger breakerlooks pretty useless except against those with daggers?

Quonny

This depends on what the seed is for the random number generator.

Theoretically, no matter what you do, if you were to go back in time and pull at the exact same millisecond and change nothing else (meaning, not slapping your friend's phone out of their hand so they can't pull before you do or making a post on neogaf distracting someone from pulling at the exact same moment they were going to previously) then your result should always, always be the same.

If the seed is time, it uses the variables of the time to determine the numbers for the pull. To put it in simple terms, it uses the digits of time (12:32:54:78) into an algorithm along with the percentages and bonus percentages from your rolls without a 5*, and spits out the result. This can be compounded with variables such as another random number generator that runs on time...and well, it can get complicated.

Another seed could be 'number of pulls'. If 7900 people pulled in a rolling 2 minutes, this could be used to randomly generate numbers to plug into an algorithm, and so on. It could be a combination of the above, or something totally different. The algorithm has to be complex and nearly unbreakable, and the variables that go into that algorithm have to be constantly changing.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that if you pull at 6:10, then go back in time, don't pull at 6:10, but pull at 6:11, you will get a different result.

also this is stupid and ur dum lol

Vena

The answer to this will depend on your group velocity.

But if the system is truly random, and not timestamp-random, then your result will differ every time but the results of your 3:05 and 3:10 pull, the latter case, would be equally random so long as the random wasn't timestamp-random.

Now if you're moving at a suitable speed, timestamp-random begins to breakdown because time is beginning to breakdown. If you're moving fast enough, you will even start moving in reverse-time and end up on the past-lightcone trajectory as a tachyon. At which point, your pulls will actually be puts as you are putting 5*-Hectors back into their orbs and then receiving orbs from the game. But then if you slow down and pull again, since we're being random, the Hector's you put into their orbs will be randomly replaced by Fredericks.

Which means we've entered a paradox regime where you've put Hectors in and pulled Fredricks out because the timelines diverged and you ended up on alternate branch of probability.

Well the only way to test would be to find Microwave operating above big CRT and use it to send SMS to yourself to the past with message to pull 5 minutes later. Of course there's a risk that everyone else would forget what were results first time ;)

Disregarding playing the game with Lyn and Eliwood some 10+ years ago, I am a pretty much a FE newcomer. So far this is fun enough. My team is above, I do fairly well for my needs (up till 9-5 on Normal currently). I dunno, is this okay? Don't feel like I need a blue but I might use Effie.

Few questions.
1. Should I level a character as much as possible before unlocking his potential?
2. Do learned skills carry over when I do so?
3. Should I aim to be as high level as possible with both copies before combining units? (asking for my Effie above)

Also, even at 3*, this Azuma fellow is gold in my party. I'm promoting him the first chance I get.
And Fae is a TANK. High HP, hits like a truck and has self regen. Beautiful.

A.J.

Banned
Brave weapon.

Galeforce + being able to move through units + flying means you'll be able to get in and get out incredibly easily.

Waifu.
I see. I was a bit confused as I thought triangle adept was generally considered a meh skill.

Moonlight

Banned
1. Should I level a character as much as possible before unlocking his potential?
2. Do learned skills carry over when I do so?
3. Should I aim to be as high level as possible with both copies before combining units? (asking for my Effie above)

1. No, it's a total waste of time and stamina.
2. No, but SP does, so it's the same difference.
3. No, no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom