• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got Cecilia to lv40. Her speed is way too low, and I'm pretty sure the one I have is neutral speed, so Robin is the better choice for now. If they add extra skills down the line she could be good though. Escape Route has a lot of utility.

Same for me, her speed really sucks and her skills are not amazing. Robin is clearly a better choice if you have another green unit

Vena

Same for me, her speed really sucks and her skills are not amazing. Robin is clearly a better choice if you have another green unit

Cecilia is mounted, and she's the Green to Robin's Blue, so her role is different.

Green at current also is just a crappy color because the meta is so red heavy with a few exceptions like massive units such as Hector.

Cerium

Lyn is my favorite character in the series but for meta purposes, I would replace her with Lucina on my team if I could. Lucina serves a similar role but she would also give me a reliable dragon slayer in case I run into Nowi.

Nowi is right now the toughest character I've had to deal with in Arena. I've got an answer for everything else but not her.

13randO

So I just got a 5 star Catria and her lvl 1 attk is 18. On the IV calculator, the highest it can be is 15. Anybody else have this problem with the calculator?

Vena

Lyn is my favorite character in the series but for meta purposes, I would replace her with Lucina on my team if I could. Lucina serves a similar role but she would also give me a reliable dragon slayer in case I run into Nowi.

Nowi is right now the toughest character I've had to deal with in Arena. I've got an answer for everything else but not her.

Dunno. Lucina/Lyn looks like:

+6Att/-1Spd delta on offensive parameters, with +6HP/-1Def/-10Res on the defensive side.

With Lyn having Galeforce. I think you can definitely build around both of them but they provide very different options. Lyn feels more like an opener (helped by Sol Katti), Lucina is more a closer due to how frail her Resistance is and her one major threat is the very thing she's supposed to counter (Nowi).

So I just got a 5 star Catria and her lvl 1 attk is 18. On the IV calculator, the highest it can be is 15. Anybody else have this problem with the calculator?

Probably means her data is wrong in the calculator.

MANUELF

Banned
Here is my team
AM0tRn7.jpg

How am I doing?

Ponn

Banned

I've ran into Nowi a couple times now in the Arena and Takumi destroyed her both times one shot. Tiki on the other hand destroyed my Takumi so i'm not quite sure whats happening there.

Azuran

Banned
Is anybody here playing without spending money? The number of orbs you get vs cost to roll is kinda crazy but I'm seeing guys pulling stuff left right and centre.

I'm currently grinding training to try and get up to 35 to beat hard campaign - that's hours of effort for one orb!!

I'm staying F2P until I know where this game is exactly heading. I also refuse to drop money until they give up more stamina to work with. It's ridiculous that you can only do a grand total of 2 mission at a time once you start getting to the upper echelon of things.

Seriously, asking us to spend over 20 stamina per mission is completely laughable. I perfectly know you're meant to play this in short burst but that's such bad and stupid game design because they didn't bother to introduced a rank system. Stamina costs are supposed to increase gradually over the course of the game. This means grinding levels and mats takes longer than it should for an RPG like this.

ggx2ac

Finally got Cecilia to lv40. Her speed is way too low, and I'm pretty sure the one I have is neutral speed, so Robin is the better choice for now. If they add extra skills down the line she could be good though. Escape Route has a lot of utility.

At least I can see her total stat rating. It's not bad, it's just too bad her Def is low for something I would've wanted to use against Takumi with the bonus damage against colourless weapons.

This somewhat helps reducing the number of characters I have to choose from for the next 5* to make from feathers.

Every mobage has arena ranks. I meant a general rank system that uses EXP and slowly increases as you complete content throughout the game.

I'm pretty sure we are getting that sometime in the future with the real time PvP which I hope is the "???" section of the Battle Map.

The symbol of Arena is a lone sword and a shield reflecting the "Attack" and "Defense" rankings, but the missing one has two swords maybe meaning a real time PvP.

Ekid

Bamboo 竹;230188939 said:
I'm pretty sure we are getting that sometime in the future with the real time PvP which I hope is the "???" section of the Battle Map.

The symbol of Arena is a lone sword and a shield reflecting the "Attack" and "Defense" rankings, but the missing one has two swords maybe meaning a real time PvP.

I can't see how real PvP could work in this game. What happen when th last two units can't damage each other ? Or when the least powerful of the two run in circle around an obstacle, or fly outside of range in water ?

PK Gaming

+6Att/-1Spd delta on offensive parameters, with +6HP/-1Def/-10Res on the defensive side.

With Lyn having Galeforce. I think you can definitely build around both of them but they provide very different options. Lyn feels more like an opener (helped by Sol Katti), Lucina is more a closer due to how frail her Resistance is and her one major threat is the very thing she's supposed to counter (Nowi).

Probably means her data is wrong in the calculator.

Lyn's primary advantage over Lucina is Spur Speed (which can potentially be crucial if your units got Speed screwed) not Galeforce (an overrated, piece of shit proc skill). Aside from that, Lucina's Dragon slaying abilities, higher attack, better proc skill make her a far better offensive lord. You talk about how Lucina struggles against the Blue Dragon's she's supposed to counter (she's not), but what about Lyn? She has 0 utility versus them.

It's absolutely not a "either one works" type of situation. Lucina is better, 100%.

Dragner

Lyn's primary advantage over Lucina is Spur Speed (which can potentially be crucial if your units got Speed screwed) not Galeforce (an overrated, piece of shit proc skill). Aside from that, Lucina's Dragon slaying abilities, higher attack, better proc skill make her a far better offensive lord. You talk about how Lucina struggles against the Blue Dragon's she's supposed to counter (she's not), but what about Lyn? She has 0 utility versus them.

It's absolutely not a "either one works" type of situation. Lucina is better, 100%.

Lucina isnt strictly better than Lyn, she is better but not when Lyn is under 50% there she can one shot almost anything and thats pretty neat and also enables easier Galeforce. But I wouldnt go with this unless you have a dancer.

But yeah Lucina is better most of the time. Just wanted to point corner scenarios. You dont apreciate Lyn enough until you go double attack dance double attack galeforce.

ggx2ac

Arena ends in around 25 hours I think.

The thing is...

The next season would open up before the new banner opens.

Are we going to have the same bonus heroes again?

I can't see how real PvP could work in this game. What happen when th last two units can't damage each other ? Or when the least powerful of the two run in circle around an obstacle, or fly outside of range in water ?

Hmmm... Good point. Maybe they can create a system that can detect the runners and throw a notification telling the runner if he doesn't innitiate an attack in the next turn he'll lose.

mstevens

Replacing Marth with Hinoka in arena has been a game changer for me.

Got my second five star today: Azura

My first was Far.

Congrats, she's great.

For me it was putting Olivia in for hector on defense. I went from one win to about ten now. Any one space at a time hero is death in arena.

Yeah. Nothing against Marth, I just already had two other reds on the squad. Hinoka filled a big whole for me.

Is anybody here playing without spending money? The number of orbs you get vs cost to roll is kinda crazy but I'm seeing guys pulling stuff left right and centre.

I'm currently grinding training to try and get up to 35 to beat hard campaign - that's hours of effort for one orb!!

Well I joined the rank of "whales' throwing 4 EURo into the game but seeing all i got was 4* Roy and bunch of crap it cures me permanently from ever doing it again.

Quixzlizx

For any of the Arena experts out there:

One solid arena setup is Red tank/(Robin/Linde)/Takumi/Dancer, but I don't have any blue mages. I was wondering if subbing in Nino would gimp that setup too much. Nino isn't as good, but at least she'll be anti-meta tech against Robin and Linde. And hopefully I can use Olivia+Takumi to take out any falchion users, since my tank would be Y-Tiki.

Edit: My other current alternative would be F-Corrin.

PK Gaming

Lucina isnt strictly better than Lyn, she is better but not when Lyn is under 50% there she can one shot almost anything and thats pretty neat and also enables easier Galeforce. But I wouldnt go with this unless you have a dancer.

But yeah Lucina is better most of the time. Just wanted to point corner scenarios. You dont apreciate Lyn enough until you go double attack dance double attack galeforce.

Okay, perhaps I went a little too hard on Lyn. She's certainly not a bad character, Defiant Attack / Sol Katti have difficult but pretty great payoffs. It's just... no matter what the game, people love to overrate her. It's giving me FE7 flashbacks.

n_n

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Max leveled my Lyn - seems like she ist +atk and -hp.

Yup, embracing that glas cannon lifestyle lol.

Firemind

Okay, perhaps I went a little too hard on Lyn. She's certainly not a bad character, Defiant Attack / Sol Katti have difficult but pretty great payoffs. It's just... no matter what the game, people love to overrate her. It's giving me FE7 flashbacks.

n_n
Lyn has no redeeming qualities in her own game. Not sure who overrates her.

Vena

I didn't say it was an either or situation, read what I actually wrote, I said they have their own roles/provide different options. Nothing about my statement means they are at all interchangeable.

And Nowi was referring to slaying dragonslayer capabilities of the Falchion. Sol Katti has no such lack of options (beyond just the usual triangle) regardless of what is or isn't meta, its just a all around good weapon with no * attached.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Tons of people. Especially on GameFaqs.

Gamefaqs lol.

Lyn's style of play is just not ideal for arena, at least not with the way this game is set up. If the goal of arena was to win at all costs, and all wins are created equal, I think Lyn would be much more useful. But any deaths in arena are just so costly it's hard to use melee glass cannons.

If anything people seem to overrate Hector.

The simple fact that everyone has to include some way to deal with Hector in their PvP team leads me to think he's not really overrated, especially on offense. On defense he sucks because the AI isn't too sharp, provided you have a way to deal with him. I think everyone recognizes those limitations.

In PvE he's amazing, of course.

Vena

Gamefaqs lol.

Lyn's style of play is just not ideal for arena, at least not with the way this game is set up. If the goal of arena was to win at all costs, and all wins are created equal, I think Lyn would be much more useful. But any deaths in arena are just so costly it's hard to use melee glass cannons.

I mean, very few of the Red lords are actually able to survive getting hit. Lucina's comical Resistance will get her ORKOed by the relevant mages. Chrom and Marth have similar deficiencies. Roy is about the only "tanky" Lord and he has a lack of offensive capability as an offset (though he hard-counters Hector, and has Shove so....).

Dragner

Yeah Arena is all on stats and bulkyness. Thats why I upgraded Nowi to 5*. She has the most stats among the blue units and she is tanky. If you want to get good points in arena you need to raise your points enough to face teams with hector on them. It gives the most points.

does a char learn a skill when upgrading stars or do you still have to buy all?

Yeah you have to buy even the 5* weapons. They have the same stuff they had at 4* learned.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I mean, very few of the Red lords are actually able to survive getting hit. Lucina's comical Resistance will get her ORKOed by the relevant mages. Chrom and Marth have similar deficiencies. Roy is about the only "tanky" Lord and he has a lack of offensive capability as an offset.

Actually very true. I don't use any red swords atm in my arena team for that reason.

Vena

Actually very true. I don't use any red swords atm in my arena team for that reason.

Only Red sword I want is Roy, because of he hard counters Hector and has access to shove so he can move units like Effie around. Of course, I have to actually pull him at some point.

But I already have Tiki-loli and she also devours Hector and isn't really threatened by much in the cast aside from Linde and Falchions/Marth.

Dragner

Idk it was start using Marth and my Arena rating improved dramatically. I think having a lord is good. They hit hard and have few weakness. Also the dragonslayer weapons and the regen is very relevant vs Tiki and Nowi.

PK Gaming

I didn't say it was an either or situation, read what I actually wrote, I said they have their own roles/provide different options. Nothing about my statement means they are at all interchangeable.

And Nowi was referring to slaying dragonslayer capabilities of the Falchion. Sol Katti has no such lack of options (beyond just the usual triangle) regardless of what is or isn't meta, its just a all around good weapon with no * attached.

You said this in response to someone claiming that Lucina is a better choice than Lyn.

With Lyn having Galeforce. I think you can definitely build around both of them but they provide very different options.

I'm telling you that they don't have vastly different roles; they're both Red swordswomen. They both have the same job.

1) Act as the offensive frontline, drawing in enemy 1-range infantry and killing them due their superior speed (this is why Chrom and Alfonse aren't great; they cannot do this).
2) KILL Hector and other dangerous Green Units.
3) Kill Dragons*

Lyn is worse at Lucina at literally all 3 of these things. Hence why I Lucina > Lyn.

EDIT: Lucina doesn't get ORKO'd by any mage (including Linde). She's too fast.

The simple fact that everyone has to include some way to deal with Hector in their PvP team leads me to think he's not really overrated, especially on offense. On defense he sucks because the AI isn't too sharp, provided you have a way to deal with him. I think everyone recognizes those limitations.

In PvE he's amazing, of course.

pretty sure he's talking about FE7 there

Dreavus

Got a 4 star Robin. He's probably going to replace Lyn on my "Marth Camilla Lyn Healer/Flex spot" team since I am still getting absolutely bodied by Takumi. I'm considering saving and moving him up to 5* eventually, but I do like the advice of promoting units that you can't actually draw at 5* rarity.

Just need to see what the next banner holds for us. I don't see the Takumi stranglehold going away anytime soon though, and Robin seems to deal with him well enough.

Mupod

went from not being able to make a dent in intermediate arena to almost getting 7 in a row in advanced with one weird trick, Robin and Olivia. Almost won the last one but it was a weird ass all cavalry team with an Abel that somehow hits twice as hard as the one I use. Still, I know I can do it, so I'll try again (gotta do the quest anyways).

Most of my advanced arena matches started off with Marth or Lucina walking into the Olivia/Robin blender. I was surprised that half the time Robin would lose to Takumi solo without some help, but I guess that's just because of the stat difference as mine is only 4*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom