• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Bamboo 竹;230183107 said:
I haven't use any money on the app yet but I may use it on the PoR update since I'm a huge fan of that game and characters.

Im huge fan on both PoR and Sacred Stones. I fear for my whalet.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Is anybody here playing without spending money? The number of orbs you get vs cost to roll is kinda crazy but I'm seeing guys pulling stuff left right and centre.

I'm currently grinding training to try and get up to 35 to beat hard campaign - that's hours of effort for one orb!!

Fireblend

Banned
Currently bringing up my B team up to level 35+ so that I can have a more varied roster to beat those last Lunatic stages. Selena, Nowi, F-Corrin, Setsuna and Gunter, all 4 star.

Will upgrade Nowi to 5 star as soon as I can.

And I'm also likely to spend some money if that's what it takes to get Choose Your Legends Lyn =X

Is anybody here playing without spending money? The number of orbs you get vs cost to roll is kinda crazy but I'm seeing guys pulling stuff left right and centre.

I'm currently grinding training to try and get up to 35 to beat hard campaign - that's hours of effort for one orb!!

I'm sure there's a lot of F2P people here including us. On my personal experience I have a mix of bad and good luck. I have the castle at 80% exp. increase and half of hard mode incomplete and lunatic untouched. Though my pulls are nearly pure 3* and rarely 4*, yet I have five 5* (Takumi, Lyn, Cain, Marth and Y. Tiki). The problem here is that 4/5 are red units and I don't have any reliable blu nor green unit.

Dragner

You can be f2p but unless Nintendo changes the way feathers are rewarded (giving more the more you whale is retarded) you are going to be having a hard time unless you rerolled like a madman for 2-3 5 stars and lucked out some in the gacha since the rate is superbad. Its not crazy going 100-150 orbs without pulling a single 5 stars.

Wichu

I should stop feeling bad about getting two 4* and three 3* on my third pull. I think I was expecting too much after getting lucky in my first two.

Faynwulf

5u3Fqxx.png

Not so sure about Roy, yet. He lets himself get slaughtered by anyone not green.
Ideally I'd love to get ANY blue unit. Maybe I'll upgrade Sharena.

WadeitOut

Bamboo 竹;230183817 said:
Look at the bright side. They all are potentially 4* after some feathers and leveling up!

Well that's how I see each time I get a trash pull lol.

I had 5 more orbs left and decided to do a single pull and got a 4 star Fae. Yahtzee. I'm going to end up spending money and hate myself but whatever.

Zyrox

Yay I got my first successful Arena defense. Against a Takumi shitlord no less. No idea how that dude bungled that one, my team isn't exactly the greatest (Chrom, F-Corrin, Fae and Kagero, all 4*) but I'll take it.

Mupod

The 3* Robin I promoted to 4* and leveled up to 30 got me through some of the Lunatic levels I was stuck on, and I got just barely enough orbs for another 5 pull. I've gotten 4 3* Robins now, I don't think it's possible for me to be trolled any harder. Appearance rates are now at 5%, is that 100-120 without finding a 5 star?

I was enjoying this a lot a first, but trying to grind my shitty 4 star characters from 30 to 40 is turning me off pretty bad. I feel like if I face off against enemies around the same level as me I get steamrolled 2 out of 3 times, but if I move down a level on the tower I get barely any EXP making it a waste of time. Even when I do win, 2 or 3 people on my team usually die and don't gain any experience. With the stamina costs being what they are it's starting to become more annoying than anything.

lyrick

Planing on staying FTP.

I've done a few pulls (3 to be exact) sitting on 44 Orbs and have another 67 Orbs left to attain through Hard & Lunatic story. I also have 5 Orbs that I'm 7 level 35+ Armor Foes away from in Lunatic Quests.

I got a very decent starting group (5* Tiki & 5* Robin), with my next containing a 5* Lyn. I've been leveling 4*s my and promoting 2*s & 3*s as needed to help fulfill specific quests. Outside of the Arena meta-stuff, I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit to target specific units as I haven't come across any specific gains to be had by ignoring the breadth of starting and daily characters that have been offered.

redcrayon

Bamboo 竹;230183565 said:
I'm sure there's a lot of F2P people here including us. On my personal experience I have a mix of bad and good luck. I have the castle at 80% exp. increase and half of hard mode incomplete and lunatic untouched. Though my pulls are nearly pure 3* and rarely 4*, yet I have five 5* (Takumi, Lyn, Cain, Marth and Y. Tiki). The problem here is that 4/5 are red units and I don't have any reliable blu nor green unit.
I'm not spending any money on this, and am happy enough with the three 5* units I've pulled so far. 4* units are good enough for the majority of the content, it's only if you still want to compete with the whales at the top end of the arena that you're going to struggle. Even then you still get a good chunk of feathers for a reasonable attack and defence score outside of being ranked (Im looking at 2,500 feathers from Arena tomorrrow) and you should be being matched against teams of similar strength.

I look at it that even if I spent £100, I am statistically only a minuscule amount more likely to end up with a 5* unit I want, and it's still fair odds to get nothing. At that point, paying nothing seems like the smartest risk/reward equation.

Fair play to the people who can drop a grand or more on a mobile game, but that's just not me.

Mupod

Yeah I feel like shit after dumping money with nothing to show for it. I've definitely gotten that amount of fun out of the game as I've played it a lot, but jesus christ how am I so unlucky.

Nudull

Banned
Did another summon after grinding earlier. Got a 4* Tharja...and the rest were 3-2* duplicates. :p Did get around to buying castle upgrades too, at least.

I'm reaching the point where I'm probably going to start buying Orbs, though I still have plenty of missions to grind them.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I honestly think most people here aren't spending money. I know I'm not. People rerolled a bunch at the beginning and others have gotten lucky.

redcrayon

Can anyone see themselves needing to expand their roster from the base of 200 slots?

Seeing as how in the main games I like to remove equipment from excess useless units (Hi Meg and most of the furries in Radiant Dawn) and send them off to die in operation 'clean up the barracks' once I get more than 20 or so units, I can't see me ever deciding that 205 slots would be a good purchase!

kswiston

You can be f2p but unless Nintendo changes the way feathers are rewarded (giving more the more you whale is retarded) you are going to be having a hard time unless you rerolled like a madman for 2-3 5 stars and lucked out some in the gacha since the rate is superbad.

Most F2P games I have played have had some type of Rich getting Richer aspect to the ranking/PvP stuff. At least you can get 1600 for offense and 500 for defense, even if you don't rank.

They need to expand their lower ranks though, or have way more tiers. I have 4k points, and am in the lower portion of the top 30k. If you don't have a 5* bonus character or two, you are SOL for anything other than the bottom of the top 100k. Last week my 3660 score was in the top 10k.

They can keep the big time feathers for the whales, but maybe do 10k-50k, 50k-100k, and 100k-200k for the low ranks. You shouldn't need perfect teams and 1 or fewer death runs to get 1000-1500 feathers from ranking.

redcrayon

I honestly think most people here aren't spending money. I know I'm not. People rerolled a bunch at the beginning and others have gotten lucky.
Yeah, I don't think it's the same posters rolling all the time, it just seems like a ton of orbs being spent when a couple of dozen or more gaffers are either stealth-boasting about their new pride-and-joy or seething about their terrible luck :D

1upsuper

I love Olivia but I'm too low leveled to go for the 2 star free Olivia and I don't have time today to grind. Is it worth taking a 1 star up to three or four, or should I just hope I pull Olivia at some point?

Danj

Reasking for new page.

I'm stuck on Chapter 9 on hard, I don't have anything that can get me through Part 2. Zephiel and his Knights kick my ass. Any tips?

elty

So my Tiki is + SPD - DEF, I guess that's not bad? (at least it is not -ATK)

edit:

Tiki (y) +SPD -DEF
Leo +SPD -HP
Hinoka +ATK -HP
Kagero +ATK -HP

kswiston

I love Olivia but I'm too low leveled to go for the 2 star free Olivia and I don't have time today to grind. Is it worth taking a 1 star up to three or four, or should I just hope I pull Olivia at some point?

It's just more time in the training tower. I think 1 star to 2 star is only 20 feathers, so that isn't an issue.

ViviOggi

Awakening a 1* to 2/3/4* costs peanuts, don't worry about the hard challenge

lyrick

Don't fret. In the info screens it says they'll rotate through again. Next time you'll be able to snag the 2* version.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Haven't spent any money. I don't think the game will keep me long enough to make it worth much money.

I've done maybe 5 full pulls and one or two partial pulls, and gotten three 5* people and a bunch of 4* ones. No Takumi or Robin, but I got Lucina and Camilla so there's that at least. I've learned to make do with what I have, since this is a gacha game and you NEVER try to gun for any single thing in a gacha game.

redcrayon

Just have a look at the rotation, and next time free Olivia rolls around pick her up then. You'll be able to get the 3* at that point.

There's 12 units in the rotation so should be a week on Friday.

I haven't spent a dime and i just got my best pull yet (5th so far)

Tharja, Lucina 5*
Robin 4*

My only downside is i've got three 5* reds, two white 5* green and no green or blue

DrArchon

So my Tiki is + SPD - DEF, I guess that's not bad? (at least it is not -ATK)

edit:

Tiki (y) +SPD -DEF
Leo +SPD -HP
Hinoka +ATK -HP
Kagero +ATK -HP

How do you determine this? Is there a place in-game that tells you? Or a website that you can plug numbers into?

I've got a pair of Takumis and I wouldn't mind knowing how they're different.

muu

How do you determine this? Is there a place in-game that tells you? Or a website that you can plug numbers into?

I've got a pair of Takumis and I wouldn't mind knowing how they're different.

Baseline stats for most 5* have already been determined, look up one of the lists that's around and if they're +1/-1 at lv1 you'll know which stats are going to grow.

Finally got Cecilia to lv40. Her speed is way too low, and I'm pretty sure the one I have is neutral speed, so Robin is the better choice for now. If they add extra skills down the line she could be good though. Escape Route has a lot of utility.

When does the event of half stamina cost for Training Tower ends? If it's soon I should rush using it today since it might be the last day with random badges.

If anything this game sold me on a Fire Emblem game.

I need to pick one up for sure. That's where they will get my munnyz

The GBA ones are great and available on Wii U.

Awakening is perfect for newcomers as well as it offers a lot of options for causal play. Plus top notch presentation, great music and a overall decent story.

Fates is great from a game play perspective, suffers in the story department. Music is better then awakenings' tho.

redcrayon

Bamboo 竹;230185879 said:
When does the event of half stamina cost for Training Tower ends? If it's soon I should rush using it today since it might be the last day with random badges.
20th Feb at 7am, so a week tomorrow depending on where you are. You've still got time if you're after something specific, I've got 5 stamina potions lined up for wed, I need 5 great azure badges!

Ponn

Banned
Oh crap in a hat. I cleared all the hard story modes and started on lunatic when I noticed I still had clear story 9-5 as a quest. For some reason i cleared all of chapter 9 EXCEPT the very last one and went to hard mode and never went back. Cleared the last normal battle and all of a sudden all these clear hard mode missions and tasks just popped up and none of them are retroactive. So I have to clear Hard mode stories all over again and get no orbs this time. Great.

On a positive note my Arena defense team successfully defended twice. I'm liking this team of 5* Camilla, 5* Takumi, 4* Olivia and 4* Peri. They are like a murder squad. I've already upgraded my castle to full and got another 20 orbs so I decided to roll again to see if I could get a Lucina or Lyn. I finally got a decent red sword with my roll in a 4* Caeda but I have already spend feathers and time in upgrading Olivia to 4* it seems a bit late now. I finally got a decent healer with a 4* Maria and got a 5* Dragon Scion Tiki which I recently learned in an Arena battle can fucking destroy Takumi so she might be really useful.

Oh and I tried that Nino/Olivia trick earlier on the Narcian map and it worked great! I've leveled up all day so i'm going to try and nab the hard map Narcian tonight before the event ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom