• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Hmm I need a 5* green, blue, and/or gray. I have 2 pulls. Focus or devotion?

Edit. Did devotion. 40 orbs nothing but crap. Instant regret. Lol

Need some help in choosing who my main squad for pvp and pve should be. Leo seems to be getting wrecked in pvp. Pve is easy so far, lunatic is done with the exception of chap 9, those energy costs.....bruh.

YczxtTM.png

Who should i be taking to 5*? Male corrin, camilla, female corrin? These damn feathers are the bane of 4* existence.

Thanks Linkstrikesback for the tip.

Okamid3n

If I were to guess, -spd is the only thing that can screw a character completely. An unit that barely escapes being double-attacked (Like Robin, being low speed means he now gets double-attacked by pretty much everything that matters except tanks) or one that lives on double-attacking (like Linde) can get pretty screwed by -spd. Conversely, +spd is probably the best IV to get, besides on pure tanks.

For example, my Ryoma is +spd, so he's a hard counter to any normal speed takumi since he has exactly enough speed to double and kill on counterattack.

Need some help in choosing who my main squad for pvp and pve should be. Leo seems to be getting wrecked in pvp. Pve is easy so far, lunatic is done with the exception of chap 9, those energy cost.....bruh.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sRzDJ

sRzDJ

Posting in advqnce if this pic comes out huge. How can i fix that?

To make a large picture smaller on a gaf post, put quote tags around it. ( And you have to use the image url, https://i.imgur.com/YczxtTM.png, to post an image, not the URL of the imgur webpage.).

No actual advice on the teams from me though, I'm getting my ass kicked in pvp too :(.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What's wrong with my Abel? His attack is so low it's lower than the lowest setting on the IV calculator.... This is what the preview is showing for level 1 5* Abel:
HP: 20
Atk: 12
Spd: 3
Def: 8
Res: 6

According to the IV calculator, he's low in HP, super low in attack and average on the other 3... that shouldn't be possible right?

Okamid3n

What's wrong with my Abel? His attack is so low it's lower than the lowest setting on the IV calculator.... This is what the preview is showing for level 1 5* Abel:

According to the IV calculator, he's low in HP, super low in attack and average on the other 3... that shouldn't be possible right?

There are still a lot of mistakes with the ressources out there. I've noticed quite a few discrepancies in my search (for example, for max stats, one guide listed Ryoma with one less point than he has, one guide had 10 missing points for Camilla, etc, etc.) so that's probably what's going on here.

Iryx

Are you upgrading him from a 4* to a 5*? The calculator assumes you have the strongest weapon.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Are you upgrading him from a 4* to a 5*? The calculator assumes you have the strongest weapon.

Oh ok. That makes a lot more sense. Yeh he was using the Brave Lance instead of the Steel Lance.

With Steel Lance it's:
Atk: 15
Spd: 8

Brave Lance decreases your stats that much?... Jeez. Also, for some reason now my HP is a little low, and my speed is off the charts high xD... I think the data might be a bit off here as well. (might be using the brave lance speed value, but steel lance for everything else). So he's -HP, +Spd I guess? Not sure about the plus lol.

Also the some arena ranking reference points: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../season_2_arena_ranking_tracker_t1_days_left/

Iryx

Oh ok. That makes a lot more sense. Yeh he was using the Brave Lance instead of the Steel Lance.

With Steel Lance it's:
Atk: 15
Spd: 8

Brave Lance decreases your stats that much?... Jeez. Also, for some reason now my HP is a little low, and my speed is off the charts high xD... I think the data might be a bit off here as well. (might be using the brave lance speed value, but steel lance for everything else). So he's -HP, +Spd I guess? Not sure about the plus lol.
Strongest weapon would be Brave Lance+, which is only available at 5*, it has 8 atk and -5 speed. That still makes it so he ends up at -HP +? though, so something is off.

goldenpp72

So hector has a move for armored units, is there an official stat for that or do they just need to looked armored. Like, is abel armored?

Need some help in choosing who my main squad for pvp and pve should be. Leo seems to be getting wrecked in pvp. Pve is easy so far, lunatic is done with the exception of chap 9, those energy costs.....bruh.

Who should i be taking to 5*? Male corrin, camilla, female corrin? These damn feathers are the bane of 4* existence.

Thanks Linkstrikesback for the tip.

Sorry, I clearly wasn't clear enough

To make an image show and not extremely large, you should put

[quote][img]image url here[/img][/quote]

NSESN

Beat hard Narcian after 4 tries and leveled up my takumi to 40.

Takumi made maps without mages a breeze but he sucked against mages that couldn't be OHKO'd.

Ekid

If I were to guess, -spd is the only thing that can screw a character completely. An unit that barely escapes being double-attacked (Like Robin, being low speed means he now gets double-attacked by pretty much everything that matters except tanks) or one that lives on double-attacking (like Linde) can get pretty screwed by -spd. Conversely, +spd is probably the best IV to get, besides on pure tanks.

For example, my Ryoma is +spd, so he's a hard counter to any normal speed takumi since he has exactly enough speed to double and kill on counterattack.

My only 5* Marth is +Att -Spd, which means with his average speed he get doubled by pretty much everyone.
My 4* Catria and Merric are also -Spd, thanks god the story characters are neutral (I guess that's the same for everyone) but I really got screwed by RNG :'(.

Vena

I can't decide if Freddie is really good or not. His crap Res makes him susceptible to mages, but his Att/Def/Spd/Def are crazy high and he has Luna and is mounted.

Dreavus

I suspect that my Lyn is -ATK. She has 39 attack at level 38 and what feels like unusually high res. Hoping for 2 more points on the way to level 40 but my Marth still outclasses her in that stat by a lot (he has 47 at level 39!)

Shinypogs

Almost there. Merric is my only 5* and I got him in my first ever pull. He's put in some serious work and deserves to be the first unit on my team to hit 40.
fast and stocky just how I like my mages. He could have better resistance but I'll take this.

Okamid3n

I suspect that my Lyn is -ATK. She has 39 attack at level 38 and what feels like unusually high res. Hoping for 2 more points on the way to level 40 but my Marth still outclasses her in that stat by a lot (he has 47 at level 39!)

Yeah, that's a -Atk Lyn. She should gain two more points and end at 41 attack.

That's a normal attack Marth, though.

Also, did you guys know Effie's Smite ability can push any unit through a mountain and on to the other side?? That's what I read on Reddit.

Effie can literally grab someone and chuck em over a mountain. Being true to her character, I see.

necrosis

my lyn has 41 atk at level 29, so yeah, seems that way

i'm in the same boat as you with my camilla tho. she has 32 atk at level 38 lol

Got my Olivia to 4*

Now I can't decide - should I take her to 5* ? Or do i make my first 5* green out of Camilla, Fae or Cecilia next week ?

This is incredible, I have only 4 chapters and a half left and I need basically 35h20 worth of stamina to complet lunatic mode not to mention that 5 or 6 hours will be lost smh

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Strongest weapon would be Brave Lance+, which is only available at 5*, it has 8 atk and -5 speed. That still makes it so he ends up at -HP +? though, so something is off.

Oh ok didn't realize about Brave Lance+.

Why do I even try pulling. I thought I'd pull one last time on this banner. I'm done until the next banner. I saw 3 red orbs and thought maybe I could get a lord of some sort. Nope. There goes my 3.75% 5% though :/. I still only have the single 5* of Takumi I got to begin with.

Draxal

He has also.has an HP skill as well, if you have it on you have to subtract that amount from the calculator as well iirc.

DrArchon

Decided to reset the game last night because I hit a brick wall around in chapter 8 and wasn't away to power my way through it.

Now I have a new game going with 5 star Marth, Tharja, and 2x Takumi, so I think I'm going to be fine for now. Actually pulled both Takumi's from the same session which was crazy. Can't even imagine what the odds of that are.

---

Also, I'm in the process of leveling up my pair of Takumis and it's interesting to see how the stat spreads are varying between them. One is clearly favoring attack while the other is getting way more points in defense. Is that just luck or is there something else at play?

I mean, I'm probably going to run with both because holy shit they're strong, but still.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any thoughts on this roster?

My Olivia is +ATK, -RES (she has 32 attack right now as a 4* lvl 24).
Abel is -HP, +?? we were discussing this above and it's confusing lol.
Takumi is -RES for sure, and possibly +ATK, but that I'm not totally sure about (lvl 30 - HP 35, ATK 43, DEF 18, SPD 27, RES 9)
Gunter has a lot of DEF & ATK and very little RES (HP 28, ATK 33, DEF 25, SPD 15, RES 11)

Draxal

Any thoughts on this roster?

My Olivia is +ATK, -RES (she has 32 attack right now as a 4* lvl 24).
Abel is -HP, +?? we were discussing this above and it's confusing lol.
Takumi is -RES for sure, and possibly +ATK, but that I'm not totally sure about (lvl 30 - HP 35, ATK 43, DEF 18, SPD 27, RES 9)
Gunter has a lot of DEF & ATK and very little RES (HP 28, ATK 33, DEF 25, SPD 15, RES 11)

Your Abel is plus res, I assume HP or ATK is your debuff but I don't know what HP skills you have equipped or what weapon you are using.

As for Abel, I wouldn't raise that one.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Isn't Gunther biggest skill lost on your team? Anna and Barst seems like better green imo.

If you already have Anna at 4* she is probably a better investment and choice.

I was using Barst for a while, but he kept dying all the time. Gunter works pretty well against armored units, and essentially takes no dmg from physical attacks at the moment. Plus he hits hard (even more with Olivia's attack boost). Anna seems fine, but isn't she also kind of a glass cannon?

My 4* Anna (lvl 20) - HP 29 Atk 28, Def 13, Spd 24, Res 14 (she's a totally normal Anna, no pros or cons apparently lol).

Edit:

Your Abel is plus res, I assume HP or ATK is your debuff but I don't know what HP skills you have equipped or what weapon you are using.

As for Abel, I wouldn't raise that one.

I'm using the +3 HP skill and the normal Brave Lance atm (he's a 4*), so I'm assuming it's -HP? That bad? :(.

In general I'm having some problems with tanky units, and I thought having a tank or a mage might be useful given Olivia, Takumi & Abel.

mstevens

Ahh that makes sense.

So my Robin is actually showing -HP +Res. Should I roll with that or try leveling up my 3* Robin? Which IV should I be aiming for with him?

Danj

I'm stuck on Chapter 9 on hard, I don't have anything that can get me through Part 2. Zephiel and his Knights kick my ass. Any tips?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who to promote to 5*...

Robin
Olivia
Kagero
Nino
Sharena

I'm thinking Kagero... but I have no 5 star mages.

Dragner

Robin is a safe choice. Kagero is a good meta choice but if the meta change to be cavalry or armored base she does nothing. I would go with Robin first. He is very good.

How did everyone get Olivia? I played most of the day yesterday and didn't get her..

And holy wtf @ spending $1600 on a mobile game. Nintendo got them some nice whales.

mstevens

How did everyone get Olivia? I played most of the day yesterday and didn't get her..

And holy wtf @ spending $1600 on a mobile game. Nintendo got them some nice whales.

She's the current Special Maps reward. Go to the Special Maps tab under Battle and beat her map.

Dragner

Bamboo 竹;230182653 said:
That whale. Congrats to him tho because he got what he wanted.

He also got Azura and every single rare 5* basically a full collection. Way less spent that the guy that needed 4k to get Hector.

On the other hand Its me who got hector easily but dropped 200 bucks for Takumi with no success.

Alucrid

Banned

need some team suggestions. thinking about switching out one of my red units for camilla, but not sure which one. lyn's galeforce is great, but lucina does have the self healing - but not sure how key that is when i have a healer. i do have trouble dealing with armored units so i was thinking about switching nowi for one of the lance users good against them. then i was wondering if switching out elise for anyone else would be a good idea?

zashga

Man, pulls of five 3* units are so demoralizing now that orbs are slowing down. I've only got a few more lunatic chapters left to go before I'm out of story... is that the end of "free" orbs aside from the odd quest and promotion? If so, my last pull had a grand total of one non-dupe unit. :'(

mstevens

Man, pulls of five 3* units are so demoralizing now that orbs are slowing down. I've only got a few more lunatic chapters left to go before I'm out of story... is that the end of "free" orbs aside from the odd quest and promotion? If so, my last pull had a grand total of one non-dupe unit. :'(

I pulled 5 three stars lol. Awful.

Fortunately I didn't pay real money for that turd pile.

Wow.. Back to back. Sorry guys!

He also got Azura and every single rare 5* basically a full collection. Way less spent that the guy that needed 4k to get Hector.

On the other hand Its me who got hector easily but dropped 200 bucks for Takumi with no success.

I haven't use any money on the app yet but I may use it on the PoR update since I'm a huge fan of that game and characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom