• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Midday reminder: GET OLIVIA.

You can't complain about not getting good characters from pulls when IS is offering a top tier character for free. Collect on this opportunity!

How important is having my olivia at 5*s? considering keeping her at 4 until i get my next 20000

Not important at all. She only gets a stronger weapon from ranking up; all of her relevant skills are obtained in rank 3-4.

Dragner

Having units at 5* is important because the total of the stats your units have matter for the points the opposite team are going to give you(more stats=harder opponents=more points). Other than that Olivia doesnt win a lot for going 5*.

Theosmeo

I would say not super important because her primary role is support anyway and there's an overabundance of red right now.

Yeah, im just concerned that she won't get the full attack buff and won't help my galeforce lyn enough

And healers are useless right? Elise seems pretty good tho not gunna lie

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
My current team:

11wnCn8.jpg

Nino turned out to be my MVP for the normal Narcian map. Marth was finally tough enough to withstand the first attack, but it was Nino who cleared out 3 enemies by the end: both mages and the bow user.

This team is decent in the Arena, but they fall apart against top tier teams. I did manage a score of 2801 a few minutes ago, so I'll consider that respectable for the time being.

Now if I could just pull some non-red 5* units or acquire feathers faster, I'd really be in business. I do need to replace Lyn or Marth at some point, but I need someone spectacular to replace their current usefulness.

Wiseblade

What is this nonsense about Lyn not being good? She's a solid unit that becomes a terror if you're able to get her under 50% and keep her alive. Finicky to use, but definitely rewarding.

And in FE7 she'sthe best Sword user outside of maybe Raven. Definitely better than the likes of Matthew, Guy and Eliwood.

Yeah, im just concerned that she won't get the full attack buff and won't help my galeforce lyn enough

And healers are useless right? Elise seems pretty good tho not gunna lie

Healers are fine for the main story and great for the training tower, they're just useless in the arena. Healing moves aren't significant enough to avoid most 2HKOs and healers themselves are often easy targets.

PK Gaming

What is this nonsense about Lyn not being good? She's a solid unit that becomes a terror if you're able to get her under 50% and keep her alive. Finicky to use, but definitely rewarding.

And in FE7 she'sthe best Sword user outside of maybe Raven. Definitely better than the likes of Matthew, Guy and Eliwood.

Nobody said anything about her being bad. She's just worse than Lucina.

And Lyn absolutely, absolutely sucks in Fire Emblem 7.

_Legacy_

My current team:

Nino turned out to be my MVP for the normal Narcian map. Marth was finally tough enough to withstand the first attack, but it was Nino who cleared out 3 enemies by the end: both mages and the bow user.

This team is decent in the Arena, but they fall apart against top tier teams. I did manage a score of 2801 a few minutes ago, so I'll consider that respectable for the time being.

Now if I could just pull some non-red 5* units or acquire feathers faster, I'd really be in business. I do need to replace Lyn or Marth at some point, but I need someone spectacular to replace their current usefulness.

Did you clear on hard mode, if so, what level are your Marth and Nino? I have both but currently trying to run with tank Takumi with def donus.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Did you clear on hard mode, if so, what level are your Marth and Nino? I have both but currently trying to run with tank Takumi with def donus.

Lyn - 34
Corrin - 31
Nino - 29
Marth - 32

i just tried the hard map and the AI apparently keeps sending the blue mage after Marth instead of the bow user. Marth can't take that hit at all.

Firemind

lolno

In neither Eliwood's nor Hector's route, do you want to give your first Heaven Seal to Lyn. By the time you get your second Heaven Seal, it's already too late. Eliwood has a horse. Guy has a 30% critical rate and hard mode bonuses. Matthew can pick locks. Lyn has a D in bows. Good luck with that.

PK Gaming

Nobody really sucks in 7, game isn't hard enough for that. Some units are just overshadowed big time.

Well except Archers, Vaida, Renault and Wallace (I might be missing someone), everyone else is fine when trained. This is based on my numerous playthoughs, so it could very.

The game's difficulty doesn't change a unit's performance. Even on the hardest difficulty, you could probably get away with using Lyn, but it would only be to your detriment since you'd need to feed her resources for her to keep up. Also I don't agree with Vaida sucking (she's a free Wyvern Lord with good bases) or Renault (better thief)

The game's difficulty doesn't change a unit's performance. Even on the hardest difficulty, you could probably get away with using Lyn, but it would only be to your detriment since you'd need to feed her resources for her to keep up. Also I don't agree with Vaida sucking (she's a free Wyvern Lord with monstrous bases) or Renault (better thief)
Renault isnt a theif. He's the Bishop

Wiseblade

Nobody said anything about her being bad. She's just worse than Lucina.

And Lyn absolutely, absolutely sucks in Fire Emblem 7.
That's ridiculous, Lyn doesn't need nearly as much baying as that post claims. Her defence is admittedly poor, but she has a 60% speed growth and 10 chapters of clumsy axemen to train on. By the time the main plot kicks in, any Lyn that has seen even moderate action is likely to be quick enough to dodge enough incoming attacks to survive without being coddled. She's objectively better than Guy who has a non-existent Strength growth and lacks the Mani Katti, and Eliwood isn't even worth mentioning. Raven is best, but doesn't quite have the speed utility Lyn does or have 10 chapters dedicated to himself.

That's ridiculous, Lyn doesn't need nearly as much baying as that post claims. Her defence is admittedly poor, but she has a 60% speed growth and 10 chapters of clumsy axemen to train on. By the time the main plot kicks in, any Lyn that has seen even moderate action is likely to be quick enough to dodge enough incoming attacks to survive without being coddled. She's objectively better than Guy who has a non-existent Strength growth and lacks the Mani Katti, and Eliwood isn't even worth mentioning. Raven is best, but doesn't quite have the speed utility Lyn does or have 10 chapters dedicated to himself.

Lyn takes a big Speed penalty because of her low constitution. Plus her Strength isnt that great.

Its better to have the critical hit boost then bows in my opinion.

Wiseblade

lolno

In neither Eliwood's nor Hector's route, do you want to give your first Heaven Seal to Lyn. By the time you get your second Heaven Seal, it's already too late. Eliwood has a horse. Guy has a 30% critical rate and hard mode bonuses. Matthew can pick locks. Lyn has a D in bows. Good luck with that.
Guy NEEDS his crits to even come close to killing anything. Eliwood has a horse and nothing else. Matthew is Guy again but with utility instead of crits. Lyn and Raven are the only sword users worth mentioning.

ChrisD

Midday reminder: GET OLIVIA.

You can't complain about not getting good characters from pulls when IS is offering a top tier character for free. Collect on this opportunity!

Not important at all. She only gets a stronger weapon from ranking up; all of her relevant skills are obtained in rank 3-4.

Forgot to check the Daily, thanks a lot for the heads-up! Had to use a Stamina Potion since I'd forget otherwise, but I've still got a stockpile of at least eleven of them, so it's fine.

Finally reached and beat 9/5 on Normal after spending most of my playtime on Arena and Training Tower. Well, and running out of space to play the game for a few days, heh. It was actually fairly difficult, Lucina won the map as the last one standing with ONE hit point left.

Had 35 orbs and needed a good Green that wasn't a Mage (since three of four in my team is one...), so I jumped to three separate boards picking the one Green Orb off of each. 5* Camilla showed up on the third board as my fourth roll on said color. Don't like her, but I also needed a Flyer to get the Monthly quests done. Sooooo, it all worked out.

Okamid3n

Guy is way better than Lyn according to the FE7 Tier Lists(tm) that people would argue about for months back in the days (like 10 years ago). They had huge debates spanning multiple months to make these by forum consensus.

I don't know one way or the other, I just use Lyn cuz I like her more.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
So I have two 5*

Roy & Marth.

I got trolled by a fancy summons for a 4* Camilla.

Why does the game do that =C

Tommy DJ

Guy NEEDS his crits to even come close to killing anything. Eliwood has a horse and nothing else. Matthew is Guy again but with utility instead of crits. Lyn and Raven are the only sword users worth mentioning.

Lyn only gets a strength advantage over Guy after like 20 levels. That's not including whatever HHM bonuses he might get, I can't remember I haven't ever used him. The single thing that makes Lyn somewhat usable is the Mani Katti, the fact its effective against horses and knights, and that it doesn't cost anything if you're trying to get a 5* Funds rank.

Sword users worth using in FE7:
- Marcus
- Raven
- Sain/Kent
- Harken

Guy and Lyn just aren't very good. They don't have a horse, can't rescue too many units due to low con, have a poor enemy turn phase since they don't have the option of javelins/hand axes.

ChrisD

So I have two 5*

Roy & Marth.

I got trolled by a fancy summons for a 4* Camilla.

Why does the game do that =C

I got trolled hard Day One with a fancy summon 3* Robin, lol. Got 5* Lucina first, so I just though fancy = super. Noooope.

Firemind

Oh great you're one of those guys.

At 20/1, Guy has 0.5 less STR than Lyn on average. With Guy's critical rate and hard mode bonuses, it's not even a contest. Not to mention Guy can promote earlier and gain more levels while Lyn is capped until C26.

PK Gaming

Renault isnt a theif. He's the Bishop

I always mix them up, lol.

Her speed advantage is mitigated by the fact that most enemies in Fire Emblem 7 are slow, and her durability is bottom class, which makes her useless on Enemy Phase. Also, are you really going to say that Lyn is objectively when Guy has:

• A higher strength base stat than Lyn (8 vs 4). On average, it takes Lyn 30 levels to beat Guy in strength.
  • WAY better base defenses (25hp and 6 defense vs Lyn's 16 Hp and 2 defense). Lyn is MAYBE matching that at level 10, assuming she doesn't get defense screwed (which is likely, her defense growth is 20%)
Lyn is a bad unit. Relative to even the units who start in Lyn mode, you have Florina, Sain and Kent (3 of the best units in the game). When Eliwood's scenario turns up, the game just throws good unit after good unit. There is no point where she shines above her peers. Keep in mind, i'm not trashing people who use her. I like using her over Guy. (Hell, I like using Edward over Mia in FE10.) But to say that she's somehow better, simply because of her growths (which doesn't help her) and the Mani Katti (an awesome weapon that's effective against units that wreck her) is faulty reasoning.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I got trolled hard Day One with a fancy summon 3* Robin, lol. Got 5* Lucina first, so I just though fancy = super. Noooope.

This is very cruel...

Im sad to admit I've probably already spent $60 on this game in like 3 days.

I never play mobile games, so addicting.... =C

Wiseblade

Lyn only gets a strength advantage over Guy after like 20 levels. That's not including whatever HHM bonuses he might get, I can't remember I haven't ever used him. The single thing that makes Lyn somewhat usable is the Mani Katti, the fact its effective against horses and knights, and that it doesn't cost anything if you're trying to get a 5* Funds rank.

Sword users worth using in FE7:
- Marcus
- Raven
- Sain/Kent
- Harken

Guy and Lyn just aren't very good. They don't have a horse, can't rescue too many units due to low con, have a poor enemy turn phase since they don't have the option of javelins/hand axes.
I never think of the cavalry as "Sword users", but I can definitely see someone picking Sain/Kent over Lyn with that mentality. Lyn is still a fair shout better than Guy though.

Oh great you're one of those guys.

At 20/1, Guy has 0.5 less STR than Lyn on average. With Guy's critical rate and hard mode bonuses, it's not even a contest. Not to mention Guy can promote earlier and gain more levels while Lyn is capped until C26.
You're acting like they come into the game at the same time. Lyn is coming in after 10 chapters made specifically for her, while Guy is competing with more viable characters for experience. Getting Guy to 20 is taking food from the mouths of Hector, Matthew and Rebecca.
I always mix them up, lol.

Her speed advantage is mitigated by the fact that most enemies in Fire Emblem 7 are slow, and her durability is bottom class, which makes her useless on Enemy Phase. Also, are you really going to say that Lyn is objectively when Guy has:

• A higher strength base stat than Lyn (8 vs 4). On average, it takes Lyn 30 levels to beat Guy in strength.
  • WAY better base defenses (25hp and 6 defense vs Lyn's 16 Hp and 2 defense). Lyn is MAYBE matching that at level 10, assuming she doesn't get defense screwed (which is likely, her defense growth is 20%)
Lyn is a bad unit. Relative to even the units who start in Lyn mode, you have Florina, Sain and Kent (3 of the best units in the game). When Eliwood's scenario turns up, the game just throws good unit after good unit. There is no point where she shines above her peers. Keep in mind, i'm not trashing people who use her. I like using her over Guy. (Hell, I like using Edward over Mia in FE10.) But to say that she's somehow better, simply because of her growths (which doesn't help her) and the Mani Katti (an awesome weapon that's effective against units that wreck her) is faulty reasoning.
Again, Lyn effectively has extra time that Guy doesn't. She's competing with the Cavaliers and Florina for Experience, but that's still better than Guy's competition.

Lyn isn't a bad unit. Dorcas is a bad unit.

And Edward is great in FE10, screw the haters.

Firemind

You're acting like they come into the game at the same time. Lyn is coming in after 10 chapters made specifically for her, while Guy is competing with more viable characters for experience. Getting Guy to 20 is taking food from the mouths of Hector, Matthew and Rebecca.
Matthew isn't worth leveling except to gain speed so he can steal stuff. Rebecca LMAO

You're acting like they come into the game at the same time. Lyn is coming in after 10 chapters made specifically for her, while Guy is competing with more viable characters for experience.Getting Guy to 20 is taking food from the mouths of Hector, Matthew and Rebecca.

lmfao what Matthew doesn't need exp and Rebecca is trash

Tommy DJ

Matthew, Guy, Eliwood, Hector and Rebecca farm on axe users and horse riders for 7 turns in Chapter 13x. Also Chapter 15 is another good feeding opportunity.

If you're playing casually, every unit is basically good. If we're talking about S Rank HHM or for the purpose of low turn counts, there are certain routes and moves you're going to take.

In Lyn mode, you aren't feeding units for Lyn. You're setting up the game so Florina/Kent/Sain are capable enough to help Marcus plow through future chapters. The first few chapters of HHM are literally soloed by Marcus so no one is getting any experience.

Matthew isn't worth leveling except to gain speed so he can steal stuff. Rebecca LMAO

Seriously though, you only level Matthew because thieves have an exp bonus which is essential for a 5* exp rank. You'd need like 10 levels for him to match Legault in speed...

What is the point of summoning new characters if they are all level one and I have a leveled up party?

When putting a team together how do you get it so that the amount of stars on each character shows on the screen? Right now I have to click on each character to find out but I've seen screenshots with a whole array of characters have their stars on the face icons

All this talk about Lyn in FE 7 reminds me how I use to check what units were better then others.

I used to use the Link Arena in FE 7 with units all at level 20 and use who was the best Mage, sword user, ax, lance, etc. I was a kid with no internet lol. In the end it didn't matter, I just used my favorites.

Jaffar was a bit of a cheater. The rate in which his special skill activates was insane, made me think he was the best in the game for a long time

PK Gaming

I never think of the cavalry as "Sword users", but I can definitely see someone picking Sain/Kent over Lyn with that mentality. Lyn is still a fair shout better than Guy though.

Again, Lyn effectively has extra time that Guy doesn't. She's competing with the Cavaliers and Florina for Experience, but that's still better than Guy's competition.

Lyn isn't a bad unit. Dorcas is a bad unit.

And Edward is great in FE10, screw the haters.

You're not giving good enough reasons for why Lyn is better than Guy. You bring up the 10 chapters of free EXP for Lyn, but she needs more than that to make up for her awful base stats. Let's assume Lyn reaches level 10 by the end of her scenario. Her average stats are:

HP: 22.3
Strength: 7.6
Skill: 12.4
Speed: 14.4
Luck: 9.95
Defense: 3.8
Resistance: 2.7

At base, these are Guy's stats on Hard.

HP: 25
Strength: 8
Skill: 13
Speed: 13
Luck: 5
Defense: 6
Resistance: 1

You see the issue here? If you favor Lyn a ton and give her a ton of EXP, she's still worse than Guy with 0 experience investment. This is why he's better. His head start is simply too great for Lyn's. Also Guy isn't competing with the examples you listed because Matthew isn't a fighter and Rebecca is trash too, and he's one of the better offensive units when you first get him (though he's mediocre overall). Unlike Lyn, he promotes fairly early on which widens the gap between them.

Lyn is absolutely a bad unit. Dorcas too. I like Lyn more, but there's just no changing raw numbers.

Shinypogs

I said eff it and swapped him in over Ogma. Wrecking a lot of shop with them both.
Merric is a beast. Generally good speed unless you got nature screwed. He tanks physical hits quite well though his res is suspect and he has so much hp he cant be one shot at higher levels unless he gets doubled.

basik

where do I get normal scarlet badges? I have a 3 star tiki... I have more great badges than normal scarlet ones. is it a certain day or what?

1upsuper

It's just more time in the training tower. I think 1 star to 2 star is only 20 feathers, so that isn't an issue.

Awakening a 1* to 2/3/4* costs peanuts, don't worry about the hard challenge

Don't fret. In the info screens it says they'll rotate through again. Next time you'll be able to snag the 2* version.

Just have a look at the rotation, and next time free Olivia rolls around pick her up then. You'll be able to get the 3* at that point.

There's 12 units in the rotation so should be a week on Friday.

Thanks, everyone!

lupin23rd

where do I get normal scarlet badges? I have a 3 star tiki... I have more great badges than normal scarlet ones. is it a certain day or what?

I think weekends are random so any of the lower tower levels should do it. Just got a couple from the fourth stratum just now.

elty

What would be the easiest way to level up a lv25ish unit? I try to use a high level carry but the AI is often smart enough to find a gap and kill my weaklings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom