• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

No, but since playable green arent superfast you will fine. Mine is -4HP +3DEF losing 1 stat sucks.

Mine is -4HP/+4 Resistance.

Not bad since she still does her job and it's not like she was going to survive Takumi. In exchange she can take a hit from Rinda/Reflet better.

In general neutral seems best for her.

alcheim

What the hell? My Lucina just reached level 40, but she still doesn't have enough SP to buy the last skill (500SP).

I thought there was more than enough SP to acquire all skills?

divusrex

Not the best because you want to be doubling your opponents, not get doubled and lose more HP.

She's supposed to fulfill a bulky role to take out enemy reds, and occasionally take a hit from a blue.

Her Luna skill more than makes up for her lower attack. At 31 base speed, threats like Anna, Nino, Rinda, Aqua, Felicia, +Speed Sharon, +Speed Kamui will all be able to double on you and kill you.

Red units like Lyn, Lucina, Sheeda, +Speed Ryoma, +Speed Marth, will be able to do more damage to you because you're doubled.

Katua in particular suffers from trying to figure out which stat to + and which stat to -.

She's one of the units you might prefer neutral because it maintains her bulk, or a +Resistance/-HP one because it lets you take a little bit more punishment and the overall HP lost isn't too bad since you were going to get OHKO by a Takumi anyway.

No, but since playable green arent superfast you will be fine. Mine is -4HP +3DEF losing 1 stat sucks.

Damn, I guess I'll use her for now until a better replacement comes along. I had a feeling that losing the speed was bad RNG. It seems to be the general consensus for a fair amount of the units is that speed is the best IV to have a high stat in. Of course, it depends on which unit you're looking at. Anyways, thanks for the input!

Dreavus

What the hell? My Lucina just reached level 40, but she still doesn't have enough SP to buy the last skill (500SP).

They'll still get SP from kills even at level 40. Some characters have more to spend on. Lyn is another example (Galeforce is 500 too!)

Totakeke

For those characters it's probably wise to not level them up so fast and instead farm for SP by killing more enemies at lower levels since they're easier then (and much cheaper on stamina).

Dragner

Lol my Nowi has the rare double stat change -DEF -RES +ATK +HP. Since her defensive stats were amazing this is not terrible and the extra HP helps to mitigate that. Could have been +SPD instead but whatever...

Shun

Damn, I guess I'll use her for now until a better replacement comes along. I had a feeling that losing the speed was bad RNG. It seems to be the general consensus for a fair amount of the units is that speed is the best IV to have a high stat in. Of course, it depends on which unit you're looking at. Anyways, thanks for the input!

It's not that having a +speed is always best, it's just to have a decent enough speed not to get doubled and not wanting a -speed if it fucks up your speed tier.

And if you're considered really slow, you better have a good HP/Defense/Resistance pool to make up for it.

Slow units can be good, but they need to be bulky both ways.

Balphon

You can get it from kills as others have said, it just takes quite awhile. Luna is generally better than Aether anyway.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Managed to get Narcian (2*) less than an hour before the deadline. Needed a blue-weapon user to lure out everyone, but my only one who was a high enough level was Cordelia... who I couldn't use because of the archer. So with about two hours to go, I was forced to frantically level up Jagen until he was a high enough level to lure out the enemies without dying.

Used a few Stamina Potions in the process, but I did it.

Raysoul

I have three choices for a 5 star upgrade

- Robin
- FemCorrin
- Nino

Robin is a very good 5 star unit which counters Takumi. Corrin is a good Tank. Nino is a rare 5-star strong green unit.

Decisions.

alcheim

They'll still get SP from kills even at level 40. Some characters have more to spend on. Lyn is another example (Galeforce is 500 too!)

Gotta go kill level 40 enemies.

You can get it from kills as others have said, it just takes quite awhile. Luna is generally better than Aether anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I was worried that I'd have to pull multiple Lucinas and then combine them to gain remaining SP's

Cerium

I have three choices for a 5 star upgrade

- Robin
- FemCorrin
- Nino

Robin is a very good 5 star unit which counters Takumi. Corrin is a good Tank. Nino is a rare 5-star strong green unit.

Decisions.

The only one of those that can't be pulled as a 5* is FemCorrin.

If you don't already have a dragon on your team FemCorrin is probably the way to go.

Shun

The only one of those that can't be pulled as a 5* is FemCorrin.

If you don't already have a dragon on your team FemCorrin is probably the way to go.

You probably want to run double dragons anyway to increase your base stat total and rank higher in arena.

RedFox85

So i pulled a 5* Nowi a few days ago, I was kind of dismayed because I knew nothing about her.. but holy shit she is just wrecking so hard at level 35 at the moment. I am not sure about keeping my healer 4* Lissa but she keeps Nowi alive.. so IDK if I really want to drop her.

Cerium

So i pulled a 5* Nowi a few days ago, I was kind of dismayed because I knew nothing about her.. but holy shit she is just wrecking so hard at level 35 at the moment. I am not sure about keeping my healer 4* Lissa but she keeps Nowi alive.. so IDK if I really want to drop her.
Nowi is one of the best units there are right now, not only because she's simply strong but also because she's blue and can counter range.

Managed to get Narcian (2*) less than an hour before the deadline. Needed a blue-weapon user to lure out everyone, but my only one who was a high enough level was Cordelia... who I couldn't use because of the archer. So with about two hours to go, I was forced to frantically level up Jagen until he was a high enough level to lure out the enemies without dying.

Used a few Stamina Potions in the process, but I did it.

Uh, was using Cordelia to fly over the mountains and kill the archer before they could counter not an option?

PtM

Banned
Seriously 100% believe people think Wrys is trash just because he's an old man when currently he looks to have the best abilities as a healer.
He's just slow to level. Case in point:
_20170214_075232lta48.jpg

Just managed to snag bronze Narcian with these guys. :D

Ekid

I wonder who will be in the next banners.

I doubt that the winners of the poll will be available tomorrow already.
I guess Ephraim / Erika / Julia / Selina are possible. Or maybe the characters of the chapter 9 that are not yet obtainable like Michalis, Camus or Zephiel.

Ilvocare

c'mon next banner

I haven't pulled at ALL since my first 20 orb pull so fingers are cross the close-to-80 orbs I've saved up are gonna be worth it

redcrayon

Am I missing something about Narcian? Is he exceptionally skilled? Seems like everyone was concerned about getting 2/3 star Narcian
I think it's more that sense of 'gotta collect em all', he probably won't be available again for a while. He doesn't look that great compared to the other fliers for me, but perhaps people haven't pulled any other fliers yet?

Tommy DJ

Am I missing something about Narcian? Is he exceptionally skilled? Seems like everyone was concerned about getting 2/3 star Narcian

If there's a lance meta going on in Arena, he'd probably be crazy good if only because all of his skills are designed to murder lance users.

ggx2ac

I seem to be now at Tier 3 - Dragoon.

Doesn't really change how much points you earn, just pits you against more difficult enemies.

They're also recycling maps for this week...

I hate the one with the bridges because I obviously hate fighting Takumi with no strong counter.

Vena

Wait. Can Anna even be +ed as a 5* at all? Is there even a way to get more Annas? (Or Alphonse/Shareenas?)

I am thinking of spending my 20k to promote her but... that's a bit uhoh.

ChrisD

Had 36 Orbs. Figured I'd try my luck at getting that Blue Horse guy I've seen a few times. Gave me a board with no Blue, so I went ahead and tried for a Hector with the Green. Nada. Well, there's the Colorlesses here, maybe a Kagero? No, but I can have a 5* Takumi! Lol. Not really complaining, but I would have preferred any of the other three... That's also why I'm now broke in regards to Orbs. Didn't get any of 'em. :p

Cerium

I seem to be now at Tier 3 - Dragoon.

Doesn't really change how much points you earn, just pits you against more difficult enemies.

Funny thing is I actually got downgraded from Tier 2 - Whitewing even though I got a significantly higher score last week, probably because the competition is just that much more fierce.

Moonlight

Banned
Been leveling with Anna since this afternoon. Attacking out of Escape Route is absolutely disgusting, holy shit. It's useful for getting out of bad situations, obviously, but there's so many situations you can just warp her in to fuck up some caster's day and you're just a square away from reaching them with some other unit or just combo her with a 2-range unit in general and blow someone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom