• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

With the banner changes coming, I decided to do 1 more pull since the more characters that are added, the less chance I'll have of pulling someone I actually like since all my favourites outside of the GC/Wii games are in Heroes already.

Got a 5* Raven, who is my favourite character and stands to replace the one weak link on my current team of Lyn (or Lucina)/Robin/Camilla/Lissa (or Kagero). Think this might actually be the luckiest I've ever gotten.

Hopefully one of these days I'll luck out and get a Hinoka to make my dream team, though if Ephraim's on the next banner, I'm not sure if it's worth going for her during that period.

Upgraded my Beruka to 5*, too with the feathers left over from my efforts since launch. She's not the best unit statistically, but I like the character and don't have much else to spend them on with my current team being so good.

Too much red, yeah. I'd invest in upgrading Anna all the way to 5* and replace Lyn with her.

ah really? shes the wrecking ball of my team haha. Id like to swap out Old guy as he seems so out of place but then he does dish out basically full heals all the time. I did have to remove his attack as auto battle kept making him charge off to his death.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oof. What to do with 20k feathers....

You lucky...im only at around 15k feather i think but if it stay like it is right now i will evolve my Kagero once i have 20k,

I'm probably going to hoard unless there is a very good red unit since it's what I'm lacking now.

That sucks, but if you really were only missing a good red unit i can see why you went all out. That Lucina, Marth, Tiki banner was perfect for that....but yeah better to save up some for the next banner that has multiple 5* red units.

Quonny

Pretty much just logging in to do arena and the tenth stratum once daily just for the exp crystals.

Game desperately needs grindable events, although I have no idea what you'd grind for. No weapons, no equipment, no skill gems, there's nothing to grind for besides EXP. There are no drops.

Jims

Whohoo, was surprised to learn I made it into the ranked list (around 80K). Didn't put any effort into it, all I did was cheese the Advanced tier with a Level 35/35/35/1 team. Nice little 500 feather surprise today. :D

I notice that Sophia already shows the 1* already cleared for me in the Special Maps. I wasn't going to challenge it anyway (already have too many Sophias), but was surprised they didn't just always refresh.

Firemind

You lucky...im only at around 15k feather i think but if it stay like it is right now i will evolve my Kagero once i have 20k,
I need to find out my Kagero's nature first. Don't want to waste feathers on a -Atk or -Spd. I already wasted 2k feathers to promote Clarine to 4*. Even at lvl. 40 she gets doubled and is generally very weak because of her low base stats.

At some point, you're going to need a team of 5*s to compete for rank 50k.

Draxal

Pretty much just logging in to do arena and the tenth stratum once daily just for the exp crystals.

Game desperately needs grindable events, although I have no idea what you'd grind for. No weapons, no equipment, no skill gems, there's nothing to grind for besides EXP. There are no drops.

Grinding for xp and they said there will be skills.

But yeah the stamina system doesn't hurt so much when there is nothing to grind for and it isn't a good thing

Golnei

I guess they could do something for feathers, or orb halves/quarters? Maybe items that are equivalent to 100 or so SP?

Dear god my 5* Nowi is so fucking beast. Being able to fucking counterattack at all distances is the fucking best thing and I'm shocked at how good my 4* Raven has been, praise to the Brave Axe. 5* Sakura and 3* Setsuna/Felicia fill in gaps nicely as well.

Quonny

I guess they could do something for feathers, or orb halves/quarters? Maybe items that are equivalent to 100 or so SP?
Not enough. There needs to be a way to customize characters. The only way to customize your party right now is to change out your characters. You can't equip them with anything you found from an event or quest, you can't equip them with unique skills or stat boosts, it's all down to RNG stats (which I don't have a problem with) to make your Lyn different than my Lyn.

I know some kind of customized skill system is coming, but I don't know how impactful that will be.

Dee Dee

When I saw Sophia in the special maps again, I wondered if that means that I can farm SP for her and the other free units by getting duplicates for combination - but I see now that I can't get her again from them.
Well, it's good for me because that means I can get 2* Sophia and Hana now, which I missed out on the first time those maps came around, and generally it's cool to give people a second chance to get them - but I was looking forward to more free units overall. :/
I guess they might rotate them and add a few new ones every now and then?

Also, I have 10 orbs now, should I pull on the legends banner two more times before it disappears? I have 3,75% appearance rate for Focus and 5* now...

I am updating all my useful 2* to 3* by the way. I don't think I'll have enough badges to update a 4* to 5* any time soon anyway. Might take a 3* to 4* eventually first.
I hope I get better at arena, then feathers will not be a problem while badges still are.

cw_sasuke

I need to find out my Kagero's nature first. Don't want to waste feathers on a -Atk or -Spd. I already wasted 2k feathers to promote Clarine to 4*. Even at lvl. 40 she gets doubled and is generally very weak because of her low base stats.

At some point, you're going to need a team of 5*s to compete for rank 50k.

Hmm...didnt even think about it and considering how long it takes to get 20k feathers you wanna make sure that its worth the investment.

My Kagero is 4* at lvl 27 or so right now - is it possible to know her 5* stats when i get her to lvl 40 4* or does she have to 5* ?

Firemind

Hmm...didnt even think about it and considering how long it takes to get 20k feathers you wanna make sure that its worth the investment.

My Kagero is 4* at lvl 27 or so right now - is it possible to know her 5* stats when i get her to lvl 40 4* or does she have to 5* ?
You can at lvl. 40 4*. It takes so long to get there tho so I'm employing Olivia to gain faster exp.

cw_sasuke

You can at lvl. 40 4*. It takes so long to get there tho so I'm employing Olivia to gain faster exp.

Thanks,
guess i have a new goal....max level Kagero lol. I finished leveling my 5* anyway so thats not to bad. Gotta benefit from 1/2 stamina tower as long as we still can.

Dragbolt

I have 40 orbs. Currently considering whether I should go for one last pull to try and get a Takumi, or wait until the banner change and go for two pulls in order to get more FE8 characters.

So how are people tackling the arena on intermediate and advance? I have a team of
Roy 5* lvl 40
Fae 5* lvl 40
Lissa 4* lvl 36
Cain 4* lvl39

I can't seem to get more than a 3 win streak and had to resort to using a team of Roy and 3 really low levels just to get the 7 wins.
Am I just bad at the game?

So how are people tackling the arena on intermediate and advance? I have a team of
Roy 5* lvl 40
Fae 5* lvl 40
Lissa 4* lvl 36
Cain 4* lvl39

I can't seem to get more than a 3 win streak and had to resort to using a team of Roy and 3 really low levels just to get the 7 wins.
Am I just bad at the game?

Those 4* are pretty bad - swap one of them to low level Olivia with Dance and your 2 5* should carry you through intermediate

edit: I'd drop Cain.

Mupod

So my team right now is:

5* Lyn 38
4* Camilla 34
4* Robin 38
4* Olivia 30

Even though he's 38, the Robin will be phased out for a 5* Robin I just got. I had spent 2000 feathers to promote the earlier Robin but he paid for himself several times over. Considering the shit he's been pulling I can only imagine how silly this character is at 5*. Part of me wants to just run both.

Camilla seems like the obvious choice for a 5* promote now, unless like Hector is in the next banner or something. I have no other 4* greens other than Arthur, and I like Camilla, but god she needs that brave axe+ badly.

I also found some other neat 4* characters like Chrom and Nowi, and I've had Abel forever. But I've been doing really well with this team and it's not like I have tons of 5* characters so I don't feel like I need to make major changes.

I've got a week or two to figure it out anyways, since I'm only at around 15k feathers (plus I'm not quite done with the hard arena quests).

Two questions:

1. What are the rewards for the lunatic arena quests? I'm still 20/40 on the last one on Hard.

2. When is the 2 orbs per day bonus going away?

Flo_Evans

Lunatic arena is the same rewards as hard just double the wins.

I'm in the same boat, dunno if I should promote Camilla, she is good on offense but I don't think she is really doing much defense with all the takumis floating around.

The intro song has really grown on me. At first it sounded like a parody, but now I'm fond of that nds quality sound byte of someone saying fire emblem heroes! And then the song kicking in.

Lunatic arena is the same rewards as hard just double the wins.

I'm in the same boat, dunno if I should promote Camilla, she is good on offense but I don't think she is really doing much defense with all the takumis floating around.

Attack team doesn't have to be the same as defense team. Although random green fliers are huge pita for anti-Takumi heroes like Linde, Robin or Abel.

FireVoa

I'm wrestling with a difficult choice for my feathers this week. I have a 4* Robin, Nowi, and Kagero all vying to join the 5* club and I'm not sure which it should be.

Currently my team is composed of 40 Red Mage (Tharja), 40 Green Axe (Hector), 34 Sword Lord (Lyn), and the top 4* units are interchangeable. I know I don't probably want to run Lyn forever which would technically free up an additional slot too.

Is the dream team in this case Tharja, Hector, Nowi/Robin, and Kagero?

ggx2ac

Is there any arena points difference for taking two featured heroes over 1 featured hero?

No.

C4jDv6OVYAExCnK.jpg

You need 'at least one' bonus hero to double your score.

If you still doubt me, I used only Marth and I am ranked ~400 at the moment.

Went from ~130 in rank to 671 in several hours.

I'll probably drop out of the top 1000 again but still survive in the top 5000.

Wish me luck, gonna try to nab Camilla before the banners change. Sitting at around 100 orbs with my castle fully upgraded.

EDIT: Well damn, that was quick. Got her with my first pull!

wiibomb

when will the banners change? today? or do I have time for tomorrow?

I was so interested in Ryoma... shame it is so difficult to pull one off from these gacha games

Dragner

I was so interested in Ryoma... shame it is so difficult to pull one off from these gacha games

If you want Ryoma you dont need to rush it. He will be in the banners with the same rate since he isnt focus. We could maybe get him as a focus unit someday.

wiibomb

If you want Ryoma you dont need to rush it. He will be in the banners with the same rate since he isnt focus. We could maybe get him as a focus unit someday.

yeah but the focus bonus will allow me to get some sweet bonus for better characters, even if I one isn't ryoma

ggx2ac

My 4* Olivia is at level 35+1 and it is becoming so painful to level her up.

There are too many damn enemies that can take her out easily.

kswiston

I think that the current ones run out tonight at 2AM EST. So, I am assuming that the new ones will be up at that time.

I currently have 39 orbs, and have plenty of lunatic stages left to beat. Looking forward to the new banners.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Dear god my 5* Nowi is so fucking beast. Being able to fucking counterattack at all distances is the fucking best thing and I'm shocked at how good my 4* Raven has been, praise to the Brave Axe. 5* Sakura and 3* Setsuna/Felicia fill in gaps nicely as well.
Seriously, Nowi is amazingly strong. On some maps, I can just parade her around with a healer nearby and she just cuts everything apart. I don't know any other character who can do that except maybe Lucina.

My 4* Olivia is at level 35+1 and it is becoming so painful to level her up.

There are too many damn enemies that can take her out easily.
Her dance really needs to give exp. I have to baby the shit out of her to get her to slowly kill the last ranged guy on any training map for a sliver of exp, and it's really annoying.

Firemind

So a +Spd nature puts Kagero at 35 Spd, which lets her double neutral Young Tiki, Cordelia, Robin, Sakura, Fae and +Spd nature Abel, Camilla and Hinoka. Hm..........

Also -Spd Takumi lol

DrArchon

Ugh. I really need someone that can deal with Robin(m). My shitty team of Marth/Takumi/Takumi/Olivia just gets wrecked by him so hard, but I don't have any decent green or blue units.

Any recommendations on who I should be on the lookout for to deal with him?

Dragbolt

Succumbed and did my final roll for Deep Devotion before the banner change and managed to pull a 5* Jeorge. It's not Takumi, but I'll take it. Is Jeorge a decent unit?

Hylian7

I gotta say, this is easily the best mobile game I have ever played, and I really haven't enjoyed many of them.

I'm sure this question has been answered a thousand times, but what is that thing below the Arena going to be? Some kind of direct PvP? I have a hard time seeing that actually work out since part of the game is exploiting the AI.

Ugh. I really need someone that can deal with Robin(m). My shitty team of Marth/Takumi/Takumi/Olivia just gets wrecked by him so hard, but I don't have any decent green or blue units.

Azura is really strong (she is blue, with lance). I don't know how she'll hold up against Robin, but everyone seems to hold her in high regards.

Mupod

as a Robin user the nastiest surprise I've had so far was actually an Abel. I use my own Camilla to deal with enemy Robins. Also yeah, that team is the definition of Robin fodder.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I try to take him down with Camilla.

Robin is surprisingly tanky. I find that if I lose Camilla before hitting Robin with her, Robin will likely wipe my team.

Fae seems to do well againt Robins in my experience. He does like no damage to her

PsionBolt

Her dance really needs to give exp. I have to baby the shit out of her to get her to slowly kill the last ranged guy on any training map for a sliver of exp, and it's really annoying.

It really should, considering dancing gives EXP in mainline FE. It shouldn't be much, but it should be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom