• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flo_Evans

I feel bad for the people dropping fat stacks of money just to get him

He really isn't all that

I feel bad for people dropping fat stacks of money in any ftp game.

I don't understand but none of my units can touch him. Even when all the others are gone. He has crazy DEF... maybe my only hope is a Mage but looks like others have 40 non-mage units that are doing it. Maybe I just got shit stats?

Maybe a ninja/thief with DEF down? ATK up support character?

Jims

Oh I also had a question, if any of you have an answer. My Robin is 3* and has been pulling weight enough, but obviously I want to upgrade him. He's Level 31 right now. Do I wait 'till he hits 40 before upping him, or just do it ASAP (well that would have been 20 but you know what I mean)?

I would upgrade him now, personally. He just resets back to Level 1 stats either way, and he won't need all that extra SP (since he'll level twice). Especially since the Training Tower is half stamina (through the 19th), it is a decent opportunity to level people back up again. I upgraded my 3* Robin to 4 and the climb back up wasn't too horrible.

I don't know if that's the ideal strategy, though. I don't care about Arena Rank (Camilla is my only 5*), so I've just been in the gym getting all the 4*s up to around Level 30. Have about 16 characters around there without spending crystals, am trying to get them to around 35 with the A-team so I can finish the rest of Lunatic. Been a total gym rat for the last week or so, lol.

Firemind

I would rather spend money than spend ten hours rerolling tbh.

The meta is just too volatile at the moment. The new banners could change everything.

Dreavus

Some of these training maps are such BS. Also wish they would say if the units in the training maps would be Flyers or Knights etc.

Hahah any time I think I'll push my luck with a slightly higher level map to try and get more XP to a non-magic unit, knights show up and then take no damage.

Cerium

You guys think next banner will have Ike?

have there been any hints of whats coming?

We know it'll have Sacred Stones and Genealogy characters.

44-ephraim-eirika-heroes-768x432.png

43-seliph-julia-in-heroes-768x432.png

4* Sully has been pretty useful for me so far as a Red deleter, Draw Back is useful, and she can hold her own against some lance users. She's not the strongest, but in this Red infested meta I'm surprised she isn't more popular.

Abel outclasses her on offense, and I wish I had him instead. Sully helped me win the Hard Narcian map, but I'm not impressed with her stats.

I dislike the fact that Swordbreaker 3 is locked behind 5*. Draw Back and Spur Def are useful skills that will help the team a lot, though. Sully would be super strong at 5*, but there is so much competition for the feathers.

MANUELF

Banned
I have enough pearls for a round of summon but I dont want to summon not get any 5* and lost the increased chances with the next banner so I better wait

Beat Lunatic, finally. I just noticed that Xander can counter long distance attacks, I hope he will be available soon. Seems like he'll be an OP unit.

He and Camus are both Cavaliers with a ranged weapon. It's too bad Zephiel's Eckesachs doesn't get range, but I guess it makes sense since the Binding Blade didn't either...

ChrisD

I would upgrade him now, personally. He just resets back to Level 1 stats either way, and he won't need all that extra SP (since he'll level twice). Especially since the Training Tower is half stamina (through the 19th), it is a decent opportunity to level people back up again. I upgraded my 3* Robin to 4 and the climb back up wasn't too horrible.

I don't know if that's the ideal strategy, though. I don't care about Arena Rank (Camilla is my only 5*), so I've just been in the gym getting all the 4*s up to around Level 30. Have about 16 characters around there without spending crystals, am trying to get them to around 35 with the A-team so I can finish the rest of Lunatic. Been a total gym rat for the last week or so, lol.

Went ahead and jumped him up. The grind is a lot easier than I was anticipating, though the Arena prices are directly correlated with that. Didn't know it was the 19th that prices go up, I was under the assumption there was a full month at least. Dang.

Quixzlizx

I have enough pearls for a round of summon but I dont want to summon not get any 5* and lost the increased chances with the next banner so I better wait

The increased chance rate only applies to the banner you've been pulling on. Your rate is going to reset back to 3% when the new banners appear.

soultron

Banned
With my summoning luck lately (poor) and the stamina costs required in order to train to level 40 (high), I'm playing less (not by choice) and really questioning if I should just ditch this game and get a fully-fledged FE game on 3DS.

Cerium

With my summoning luck (poor) lately and the stamina costs required in order to train to level 40 (high), I'm playing less (not by choice) and really questioning if I should just ditch this game and get a fully-fledged FE game on 3DS.
I got most of my high level exp from arena, but you should definitely play Awakening.

Macka

I haven't pulled a decent character in ages. :/

I guess I shouldn't complain because I started with 5* Marth and got 5* Camilla, but the recent summons have just been very disappointing. Mostly 3* folks.

Jims

Went ahead and jumped him up. The grind is a lot easier than I was anticipating, though the Arena prices are directly correlated with that. Didn't know it was the 19th that prices go up, I was under the assumption there was a full month at least. Dang.

Yeah, it sucks. Spending 2 or 4 or 6 stamina isn't going to be terrible in getting people up to Level 20, but those intermediate tiers and up are going to get really expensive. At this point, I feel like it's pointless to rush ahead and finish the rest of the story mode difficulties when they're all going to be sitting there in a week anyway. With the new banner coming out, may as well save those future orbs for later, and get those cheap Training Levels now.

toneroni

You guys think I should try for a better red hero or wait until the new banners?

Currently rocking Lyn and Roy - would probly rather have a falchiom user or Tiki in guessing.
Also have Tak, Camilla and 4* Robin which I should lvl up I guess.

The new banners launch tomorrow, but the Arena's bonus characters will likely reveal what the banners are. I'm sitting on 80 orbs in anticipation.
I'm wondering if the new and old banners will have some overlap in regards to time available.

It would be a bit odd if the next arena season launches and the new set of bonus characters aren't available.

IF the next banner as a focus on Sacred Stone we better have Myrrh, Seth, Gilliam, Duessel and the 3 trainees!

And I am hoping for Valter in the boss stage.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Spent the resources to get my Olivia up to 4 stars because everyone has been hyping her up so much in here. Hope she's worth it because I don't see myself getting anymore red shards anytime soon.

Is she just good because she can dance? She seems awful on attack and quite squishy, but if she's only good as a dancer then I won't bother trying to level her up too much (maybe a bit so she can take a ranged hit or two). The idea of my +atk Takumi firing off even more shots is enticing for sure though.

She actually has a decent attack (her normal 5* attack maxed out is like 43-46 iirc), plus she has a skill that buffs allies to next to her by +4 Attack.

Flo_Evans

With my summoning luck lately (poor) and the stamina costs required in order to train to level 40 (high), I'm playing less (not by choice) and really questioning if I should just ditch this game and get a fully-fledged FE game on 3DS.

Yes. If you like this type of game the series is one of the best.

I was thinking of buying the latest one instead of gambling in this. Awakenings is great.

ggx2ac

Does anyone remember last time when the arena reopened? Or what page it was on during this thread?

Or was it that around this time they awarded the feathers but they didn't reopen the arena?

gaiages

Banned
Checked my lvl 36 Tiki against the averages and she definitely has -Atk ._. I can't actually tell what her + stat is, either, it's weird. Well, she still has four levels to go.

It does suck, she's the only good unit I have against armored units :(

Shun

Kagero is ahead of Takumi in the eyes of a lot of arena players. She hard counters every infantry unit.

And she's a liability with low stat totals and she can get doubled by +Speed nature offensive reds, like Ryoma who can actually take a hit and counter back, or strong fliers/cavalry. She's not a particularly great AI in defense.

Her worst trait is that she has such a low base stat total compared to others.

Meaning she will be good early game Arena like Takumi, but generally won't cut it if you want to hit top 1000 or top 5000 ranks week after week.

She's generally not worth running if you have other characters and want to hit top 1000 and 5000 each week and is best for people who struggle getting consistent wins at lower point thresholds.

PK Gaming

And she's a liability with low stat totals and she can get doubled by +Speed nature offensive reds, like Ryoma who can actually take a hit and counter back, or strong fliers/cavalry. She's not a particularly great AI in defense.

Her worst trait is that she has such a low base stat total compared to others.

Meaning she will be good early game Arena like Takumi, but generally won't cut it if you want to hit top 1000 or top 5000 ranks week after week.

She's generally not worth running if you have other characters and want to hit top 1000 and 5000 each week and is best for people who struggle getting consistent wins at lower point thresholds.

Top 1000 is for squares anyway

KAGERO FOR LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom