• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
C4liu9dVUAAZP5e.jpg:large

no regrets

Shun

Is there any reason to hang onto lower star or duplicate heroes? Or is merging/trading for feathers the better option?

Generally you mind as well go get rid of them for feathers, but if they have a good +/- parameter for their stats, at 3 or 4 stars then you might want to keep them so you can use your feathers to upgrade them later.

ggx2ac

Aside from this.

Has there been any database with more characters updated showing their 5* level 40 stats?

I need to know 5* level 40 stats for Niles. Because his stats have a balance between attack, speed and resistance. It makes him rather weak as a 4* for Arena.

He is good as a mage killer but, his big weakness is other archers and dagger users.

I'd also want to know stats for 5* level 40 Setsuna, she can make up for Niles weakness by being good against bow and dagger users. I'm assuming she wouldn't be as good against mages like Niles.

champloo

One feature I would love to have is being able to pick a strategy for my defense team.. I mean there is already difference AI on story chapters, some units goes all out, the others wait till the enemy steps into the danger zone. could make armored units less useless in defense

Shun

Aside from this.

Has there been any database with more characters updated showing their 5* level 40 stats?

I need to know 5* level 40 stats for Niles. Because his stats have a balance between attack, speed and resistance. It makes him rather weak as a 4* for Arena.

He is good as a mage killer but, his big weakness is other archers and dagger users.

I'd also want to know stats for 5* level 40 Setsuna, she can make up for Niles weakness by being good against bow and dagger users. I'm assuming she wouldn't be as good against mages like Niles.

Setsuna is 42/39/40/19/23 163 Total.

Zero we don't know the total but we know his base stats at Lv1
18/15/8/4/8

So going by estimates it might be

37/~40/36/19/25 157 total?

We don't know exact numbers but comparing his base stats to other archers and characters in his element that might be it? Off by a few points.

Dreavus

Aside from this.

According to this, my Lyn is not only -3 ATK nature but also -1 ATK overall, she sits at 40 ATK at level 40. +4 HP to offset. THAT IS NOT A GOOD TRADE, GAME.

champloo

18/15/8/4/8

We don't know exact numbers but comparing his base stats to other archers and characters in his element that might be it? Off by a few points.

Niles' res is probably higher than that. my lv20 4* Niles already has 20 res. He is a decent unit to run alongside Hector

ggx2ac

18/15/8/4/8

Thanks for the Setsuna numbers.

For reference, my 4* Niles at level 35 has 32HP, 27 Atk, 26 Spd, 16 Def, 28 Res.

He isn't like typical archers, he has higher resistance due to his special 'iceberg'.

Taking him to 5* would increase his attack by 4 from switching to killer bow+

ggx2ac

Technically, Setsuna has a low rating as well if you ignore her 5+ HP skill.

I have to make some comparisons here. (Not known if all stats are neutral.)

* Name: HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res

5* Takumi: 40/46/33/24/18
5* Jeorge: 37/46/32/25/22
5* Setsuna: 42/39/40/19/23
5* Niles: 37/34/34/20/31

The reason why Niles has low attack is because of 'iceberg' he adds 50% of his Res as damage. Assuming it rounds up, 31 Res + 6 Res from warding blow would give him an extra 19 damage.

That means he could deal 53 damage in one hit ignoring defense. But he can do this more often than Jeorge's special which gives has a 5 cooldown. Although Jeorge's special is good that he can deal an AoE attack with 69 damage ignoring Def/Res before starting combat.

Virion would probably have higher attack than Niles which would make his specials better but they still have a longer cooldown whether it is Night Sky or Astra.

Setsuna actually becomes the weakest in Attack but her speed makes up for it to get two attacks in and that she has an advantage against bow and dagger users. Unfortunately, her Def seems to be weak.

Oh, Takumi would also have a strong special due to Vengeance.

ggx2ac

Here's another archer for you.

Thanks. I did need to know his stats since I had a level 32 4* version.

His speed is okay, he would only get to hit four times with his brave bow against something slow like Draug but it probably wouldn't do any damage.

His attack is a bit low but that's to be expected for brave weapon wielders.

If he fought against Takumi, this is what would happen.

If Takumi hasn't inflicted Threaten Spd, Gordin inflicts 80 damage from two attacks first. Takumi takes 32 damage from it after accounting for Def. Takumi would still have 8HP. He attacks back once with 46 damage. Gordin takes 17 damage leaving him with 26 health.

If Takumi attacks again on his turn, he would die because Vantage kicks in for Gordin allowing him to get one attack in before the opponent.

That's neat but, Gordin still has a huge weakness against fast mages. He would easily get killed by Linde, Nino.

WadeitOut

Wooo just popped a 5 star Takumi. So now I got a 5 star Lucina/Takumi/Hinoka/Merric team.

Might swap Fae in if I get her 5 starred.

Side question: Should I learn Vengeance on Takumi or just save up for Close Counter?

Shun

Thanks. I did need to know his stats since I had a level 32 4* version.

His speed is okay, he would only get to hit four times with his brave bow against something slow like Draug but it probably wouldn't do any damage.

His attack is a bit low but that's to be expected for brave weapon wielders.

If he fought against Takumi, this is what would happen.

If Takumi hasn't inflicted Threaten Spd, Gordin inflicts 80 damage from two attacks first. Takumi takes 32 damage from it after accounting for Def. Takumi would still have 8HP. He attacks back once with 46 damage. Gordin takes 17 damage leaving him with 26 health.

If Takumi attacks again on his turn, he would die because Vantage kicks in for Gordin allowing him to get one attack in before the opponent.

That's neat but, Gordin still has a huge weakness against fast mages. He would easily get killed by Linde, Nino.

His average base stats is

43/41/24/29/17

Not worth it in my opinion.

ggx2ac

I guess I may consider getting a 5* Niles. Unless there's a better mage killer, Niles can also be effective against fliers because of using a bow.

I do have a level 40+2 Cordelia which has good resistance and can deal good damage against mages because of Brave Lance however, her weakness is green mages especially 5* Merric.

This is where Niles can make up for that weakness and I could then switch out Cordelia for my 5* level 40+1 Catria.

My biggest question about vantage is that whether the AI would be dumb enough to suicide into it.

If there are none of his allies in range to attack you and survive and nothing else for him to attack, I'd say it would be likely.

His average base stats is

43/41/24/29/17

Not worth it in my opinion.

I thought it would've been 26 speed going off the picture.

You're right though, it would make him very slow against Takumi.

Woot! I rolled a Marth in the orb collector.. is he rare at all? (4-star). He definitely steamrolls everything in the game so far

**reads thread**

Ok, I'm a noob

Sterok

Oof, just barely beat 8-5 Lunatic. Blew up the axe soldier with Tiki, then ganged up on Robin while Tiki and Sully were blown up. Camilla died, but Lucina finished off Robin and got the AI into a bad position where Gaius couldn't hit Lucina. Lucina managed to Luna enemy Lucina to death, kill the trapped Gaius, and clean house with the healer. Bad enemy positioning seems to be how I win the really hard battles.

andy_lhc

Wooo just popped a 5 star Takumi. So now I got a 5 star Lucina/Takumi/Hinoka/Merric team.

Might swap Fae in if I get her 5 starred.

Side question: Should I learn Vengeance on Takumi or just save up for Close Counter?

Saw you pulled a Takumi and decided to try my luck as well.....And guessed what? Takumi...

divusrex

Is a 5* Catria with +ATK/-SPD any good? I'll still invest in her since she's my only decent blue unit, but I'm just curious if I got done in by RNGesus.

In my quest for Takumi I got Jeorge which is fine. Now to decide on the make up of my team.

Have a 5* Camila and Roy, 4* Robin, Jakob, Jeorge, M Corrin and a 3* Olivia.

Am I crazy to consider dropping Roy at some point for a 4* Olivia, 4* Jeorge, 5* M Robin, 5* Camila? Being able to double up attacks with those three characters seems insane.

Shun

Is a 5* Catria with +ATK/-SPD any good? I'll still invest in her since she's my only decent blue unit, but I'm just curious if I got done in by RNGesus.

Not the best because you want to be doubling your opponents, not get doubled and lose more HP.

She's supposed to fulfill a bulky role to take out enemy reds, and occasionally take a hit from a blue.

Her Luna skill more than makes up for her lower attack. At 31 base speed, threats like Anna, Nino, Rinda, Aqua, Felicia, +Speed Sharon, +Speed Kamui will all be able to double on you and kill you.

Red units like Lyn, Lucina, Sheeda, +Speed Ryoma, +Speed Marth, will be able to do more damage to you because you're doubled.

Katua in particular suffers from trying to figure out which stat to + and which stat to -.

She's one of the units you might prefer neutral because it maintains her bulk, or a +Resistance/-HP one because it lets you take a little bit more punishment and the overall HP lost isn't too bad since you were going to get OHKO by a Takumi anyway.

Dragner

No, but since playable green arent superfast you will be fine. Mine is -4HP +3DEF losing 1 stat sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom